The 2011 New Year Diet Resolution Thread

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Lizardjam wrote:
    yay, yay, yay!
    finished up week 8 yesterday, today starts week 9....and i am down 15.5 pounds!
    wooohoooo!
    soooooooo happy, right on target!
    :mrgreen:

hope to keep the momentum up....i'll be smoldering by our june anniversary.... 8-) hahaha.
    hope all are doing well!

and lizard, you KNOW that all last week i was in the same predicament, but you also know....just keep at it, the scale will move, the weight will come off. :)

I'm the same as I was. I think. I need to write this crap down. I cheated though...so onward....good this week!

maintenance is good!
    and that is the attitude!

where is everybody?
    no one checking in today? :|
    i thought mondays were our progress report days...haha. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well, lost 2lbs 12oz today, which was great :D . Unfortunately a lot of that was due to having a tummy upset :( Will have to take it easy or I'll put it all back on.

Still being careful will hope.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

where is everybody?
    no one checking in today? :|
    i thought mondays were our progress report days...haha. :D

I've been out all day. There's not much news to report anyway... I stopped paying attention last week and haven't been weighing myself.

I suppose I need to get back to it! :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    still fat! :P

:wave:
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    norm wrote:

:D That made me laugh. Are you trying?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizardjam wrote:
    norm wrote:

trying to make you laugh? yes

trying to lose weight? yes

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    As usual I'm working on it. :)
    norm wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    norm wrote:

trying to make you laugh? yes

trying to lose weight? yes

The latter, however I guess the former applies and worked. :D

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

norm wrote:

well, one pound came back...fuck if i know why. :? just wierd fluctuations i guess.
    keeping at it, keeping at it, keeping at it.

claire - kudos to you!
    so what's that now - 5 pounds down total?
    great progress!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    it's not a diet is a lifestyle.

don't give up even after a "slip"

one doughnut is not the end of the world

patience
    claire - kudos to you!
    great progress

Yes :D I'm banking on the 'slow and steady' wins the race method - just call me Mrs Tortoise :D
    jones wrote:

patience

absolutely a lifestyle.
    that last one is a biggie...and probably the toughest to master.

Claireack wrote:
    claire - kudos to you!
    great progress

Yes :D I'm banking on the 'slow and steady' wins the race method - just call me Mrs Tortoise :D

fantastic.
    slow and steady is the way to go, especially b/c you don't have a lot to lose. you'll get there!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Claireack wrote:
    I do hope so :thumbup:

i totally think so. i think the less you have to lose, the harder it is and the longer it takes to get rid of the weight. i've lost what you want to lose already, however...i want to lose a lot more. thus when i get a lot closer to my goal, i'm sure it will slow and get more difficult to shed those last 10 pounds. i've got a ways to go before i reach that point tho. however, even i am really at the slow/steady pace, basically 2 pounds per week.

so i'm fairly confident you WILL get where you want to when you want to!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

jones wrote:

patience

Hmmm i can't remember the last time i had a donut....up half a pound today after eating really well yesterday! Guess no donuts for me anytime in the near future. :(

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Haven't been in here for a bit. Was slacking on writing things down and....well, I'm up a little. Ultimately, still at my WW goal weight and I have not had to pay for weigh in for quite some time so it's all good. Back on track with tracking honestly and feeling damn good. My weigh-in day is Wednesday so I'll see how it goes tomorrow night!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    well it's monday, no one checked in yet?

errr......i regained 1.5 pounds over the last week - mostly due to this past weekend, really was baaaadddd. so, can't complain. i'm still down 14 pounds, so still pretty good. not *quite* where i want to be progress-wise, which was 2 pounds a week so should be at an 18 pound loss by now, but whatever...only 4 pounds off the mark, not too shabby. starting week 10 today, really want to hit the 20 pound mark april 1st, so got to be good!

hope all are doing well!
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

errr......i regained 1.5 pounds over the last week - mostly due to this past weekend, really was baaaadddd. so, can't complain. i'm still down 14 pounds, so still pretty good. not *quite* where i want to be progress-wise, which was 2 pounds a week so should be at an 18 pound loss by now, but whatever...only 4 pounds off the mark, not too shabby. starting week 10 today, really want to hit the 20 pound mark april 1st, so got to be good!

hope all are doing well!

There are organs you probably don't need that I could sell... Just sayin'. Win-win.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    eyedclaar wrote:

hope all are doing well!

There are organs you probably don't need that I could sell... Just sayin'. Win-win.
    You should love Repo Man then eyed ;):lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I gained half a pound...but like decides2dream....i cheated this weekend.....

eyedclaar wrote:

I tried that last year - had my gall bladder out, made no difference at all. Well I guess it did in a way - I was so happy I could eat I put on a stone :oops: .

In the next month, I'm having 2 toenails off and a cyst removed from my back - you are welcome to sell these if you can find a buyer :thumbup:

Re weight; No loss for me - in fact put a pound back on :roll:
    Claireack wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

I tried that last year - had my gall bladder out, made no difference at all. Well I guess it did in a way - I was so happy I could eat I put on a stone :oops: .

In the next month, I'm having 2 toenails off and a cyst removed from my back - you are welcome to sell these if you can find a buyer :thumbup:

Re weight; No loss for me - in fact put a pound back on :roll:

:shock:
    ack claire!
    :lol:

well, after a rocky start to the week, some definite progress.....as of today, down 17 pounds! :mrgreen:
    happiness! i have a lot of parties/food & drink challenges the next 2 weekends, so have to try and stay focused, not undo my progress....and honestly, want to lose 3 more by april 1st, hit that beautiful 20 pound mark! then keep on goin'!

8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

well it's another monday.

start of week 11, and i am up 2 pounds. eh well. i had a GREAT weekend, so not at all surprised. still down 15 pounds so i am pleased, but i need to make more forward progress. here's hoping for another 5 by april 1st!

how's everybody doin'?

we bbq'ed yesterday.,......mmmmmmmmm, fantastic. was such a gorgeous day!
    also, had quite a lot of wine over the weekend starting friday with a work function and awesome food, so yea, killer weekend on the healthy eating. have another this weekend, but going to try and stay focused. i want to reach my goals!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I'm going to try something called "30 Session Pilates", has anyone heard of this?
    my friend has talked me into doing it with her. And then, when it gets warmer- Boot Camp in the park.
    I need to do something different. In 6 months, I've put on almost all the weight I've lost. :cry:
    vduboise wrote:
    I'm going to try something called "30 Session Pilates", has anyone heard of this?
    my friend has talked me into doing it with her. And then, when it gets warmer- Boot Camp in the park.
    I need to do something different. In 6 months, I've put on almost all the weight I've lost. :cry:

never heard of it, but sounds interesting!
    i've never done pilates but have heard/read excellent things...one of those items on my 'someday' list. i need a friend to talk me into doing something like that with them. :) i've heard of boot camp, never done that either. all sounds good tho!

and, don't beat yourself up too much. that ids probably one of THE most common things to happen. i know it happened to me! exercising is definitely key to change that. also, journaling is considered excellent for weight maintenance. good luck!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I beat my plateau of sorts and lost those pesky two more pounds. Not down to my goal weight anymore but at least I'm not stuck!!!!! YAY!! And this was with minor cheating this weekend because I either had no time or opportunity to eat most of the weekend or I just didn't have my healthy options. Good thing KFC has grilled now!

I forget it's not monday today 'cause I took yesterday off....so for me this is my Monday.

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Lizardjam wrote:
    jones wrote:

patience

Hmmm i can't remember the last time i had a donut....up half a pound today after eating really well yesterday! Guess no donuts for me anytime in the near future. :(

i've lost 5 pounds after a bender of whiskey and burger king and gained weight after being real healthy for a few days.
    i advise not weighing yourself daily..it doesn't mean much. actually i wouldn't weigh yourself at all. i do just to see where i'm at for fun but it doesn't mean anything. i like the way i look and have actually put on 7 lbs this month. it could be water. some could be muscle. as long as you're happy with how you feel, that's all that matters. seeing your weight everyday can be discouraging

good luck :D

my brother just came into my office and taunted me with gorditas. just slammed a bottle of water to kill any temptation (it works)
    gonna have a turkey salad for lunch. maybe some cottage cheese and fruit too!!!
    wooo fuckin whooo
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I beat my plateau of sorts and lost those pesky two more pounds. Not down to my goal weight anymore but at least I'm not stuck!!!!! YAY!! And this was with minor cheating this weekend because I either had no time or opportunity to eat most of the weekend or I just didn't have my healthy options. Good thing KFC has grilled now!

I forget it's not monday today 'cause I took yesterday off....so for me this is my Monday.

:thumbup:
    congratulations to you - impressive!

hope i am as successful over the next week and a half, get rid of those pesky two more pounds too...and then two more! :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am in hiding :oops: was away at the weekend and put another pound back on {{sigh}}

This is the week though that I'm really going to go for it!!
    Claireack wrote:
    I am in hiding :oops: was away at the weekend and put another pound back on {{sigh}}

This is the week though that I'm really going to go for it!!

hahahahaha...no need to hide!
    i am still up one pound as well from a low of 17 pounds down. but sure, 16 is good, but i need to do even BETTER! :twisted: :D:mrgreen:

and....YES!!!
    you go claire!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...