Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    No weight loss for me this week :cry:
  • Claireack wrote:
    No weight loss for me this week :cry:
    Go have a pancake...

You will feel better....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    So far I've lost about 7.5 pounds. Next week I can start having whole wheat carbs!!! That's going to kill some of the weight loss!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • day late and a dollar short...mea culpa.
    down 12.5 pounds, so i guess another half pound down? it was 13 pounds, but yea...i am on vacation at the moment. :D i really want to hit the 14 pound mark by march 1st as that will be exactly 7 full weeks in, but whatever. if i can maintain while enjoying my vacay, i'll be happy.

hubby and i did a mega shopping trip to trader joe-s today - wooohoo! - such good stuff! i am drinking more wine than i should :oops: but yea...fuck it, i'm on vacation. hopefully all will work out. i am trying to follow healthy eating overall, hubby is still cooking, etc...so all good.

hope all are well!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Goodness! Why didn't I find this earlier.

I, like I do every year, did the same as millions of others.
    In the past 2 years, I have managed to lose 70 lbs, gained about 15 back over the past 6 months while struggling to quit smoking for the 1980432 time, but finally back down and havent smoked in over 2 months.

I seem to have hit a wall though. Its so extremly hard. I work out 5-6 days a week (not nearly as intense as I should) but struggle to find the motivation during the shitty winter months, where being outside isnt even an option. I keep my calorie intake at no more than 1,100 6 days of the week and have 1 free day, but still try to keep it under control- the liquids hurt that immensly... i.e. wine, wine, and vodka

Anywho, I participated in my first triathalon last summer, and hope to do it again this summer for the sheer motivation factor. Its so fucking hard to stay focused and motivated. Being a woman does NOT help a thing either!!!

It looks like many of you all are doing very well! I think positivity and staying on track helps- I hope that I can help ya'll out in some way as well!!!
    Goodness! Why didn't I find this earlier.

In the past 2 years, I have managed to lose 70 lbs, gained about 15 back over the past 6 months while struggling to quit smoking for the 1980432 time, but finally back down and havent smoked in over 2 months.

I seem to have hit a wall though. Its so extremly hard. I work out 5-6 days a week (not nearly as intense as I should) but struggle to find the motivation during the shitty winter months, where being outside isnt even an option. I keep my calorie intake at no more than 1,100 6 days of the week and have 1 free day, but still try to keep it under control- the liquids hurt that immensly... i.e. wine, wine, and vodka

Anywho, I participated in my first triathalon last summer, and hope to do it again this summer for the sheer motivation factor. Its so fucking hard to stay focused and motivated. Being a woman does NOT help a thing either!!!

It looks like many of you all are doing very well! I think positivity and staying on track helps- I hope that I can help ya'll out in some way as well!!!

Congrats on losing so much. It is hard and you did it! I'm impressed and envious!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

No move this week again :( and going away next weekend so know I will definately put on. But hey ho, still got a long time 'til June :D
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    damn folks, this thread was buried on page 5! :shock: you're not all slackin' on me already, are ya? ;)

and.....WOW!
    kudos to you - soooo impressive and inspirational!

soooooo, staycation last week, and i managed to lose 1.5 more pounds, wooohoooo! so brings my total to 13 pounds in 7 weeks, soooooo happy! today begins week 8, and i am psyched. last week was truly awesome, got sooo much done, and lots of relax time, some great meals and perhaps a bit too much wine :oops: but yea, still kept losing so i am so truly happy about that. just reaffirms i am following a healthy eating lifestyle, one i can maintain, enjoy and become my small self once more. :D

happy, happy, happy!
    how's everybody doin'?

oops....just saw your post claire. hey, at least you've maintained! and just b/c you're going away doesn't mean you will definitely gain, you may maintain or lose - who knows!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

oops....just saw your post claire. hey, at least you've maintained! and just b/c you're going away doesn't mean you will definitely gain, you may maintain or lose - who knows!

Going try and be extra good during the week, then at the weekend have a big breakfast (which is included in the price) and try and make that last as long as possible :D Hoping all the walking we'll be doing will burn off a lot of energy :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I wasn't thinking about dieting too much this week and the lack of movement on the scale reflects this. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Claireack wrote:

Going try and be extra good during the week, then at the weekend have a big breakfast (which is included in the price) and try and make that last as long as possible :D Hoping all the walking we'll be doing will burn off a lot of energy :D

exactly!
    sometimes you're actually more active when you are away, and less apt tp eat total junk - but eat better, whole foods - so it's possible to lose weight and/or at least maintain. eating a great breakfast is always the best way to go!

and hey, last week i...
    ate out lunch once (spinach and mozzarella omelette with whole wheat toast)
    ate out dinner once (hot & spicy soup, steamed veggie dumplings & beef sichuan with brown rice, and sure wine)
    had a single serve bag of sweet spicy chili doritos :lol:
    had blueberry pancakes with sausage and maple syrup
    ate a nathans hot dog!
    drank a few bottles of wine
    so yea....can have some indulgences, but coupled with usual, healthy eating overall and some activity...and good to go!

have a great, great time!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

damn folks, this thread was buried on page 5! :shock: you're not all slackin' on me already, are ya? ;)

and.....WOW!
    kudos to you - soooo impressive and inspirational!

soooooo, staycation last week, and i managed to lose 1.5 more pounds, wooohoooo! so brings my total to 13 pounds in 7 weeks, soooooo happy! today begins week 8, and i am psyched. last week was truly awesome, got sooo much done, and lots of relax time, some great meals and perhaps a bit too much wine :oops: but yea, still kept losing so i am so truly happy about that. just reaffirms i am following a healthy eating lifestyle, one i can maintain, enjoy and become my small self once more. :D

happy, happy, happy!
    how's everybody doin'?

That's awesome on the weight loss even on the staycation!!!

I am the same as i was last thursday(which is the last time i weighed myself) I was good all weekend too!!!!!!!

Lizardjam wrote:

happy, happy, happy!
    how's everybody doin'?

That's awesome on the weight loss even on the staycation!!!

I am the same as i was last thursday(which is the last time i weighed myself) I was good all weekend too!!!!!!!

maintenance is a great thing!
    you eating more carbs yet? go wild....you might even start to like blueberries! ;)

:shock: :mrgreen::lol:

mmmmmm...i have the most gorgous salad to eat for lunch today. i am sooo looking forward to it. :D it's quickly become one of my new fave lunches.

2 cups mixed baby greens
    diced fresh mozzarella
    diced roasted red pepper
    sliced black olives
    2 slices hand-shredded prosciutto
    drizzle balsamic vinegar

it's sooooooooo yummy!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I ate a ***WHOLE*** Cheesecake the other Day!!!...does that Count for a "Diet" lol... :P
    you eating more carbs yet? go wild....you might even start to like blueberries! ;)

mmmmmm...i have the most gorgous salad to eat for lunch today. i am sooo looking forward to it. :D it's quickly become one of my new fave lunches.

2 cups mixed baby greens
    diced fresh mozzarella
    diced roasted red pepper
    sliced black olives
    drizzle balsamic vinegar

it's sooooooooo yummy!

I'm still waiting for the day when i look forward to a salad for lunch. :) I cannot have more than one carb and one fruit a day this week. Next week every couple days i can add a fruit and a carb until i can have 3 of each a day. I'm supposed to be mindful of how they make me feel...if they increase my cravings for junk. I think it's a good balance because if i went carb crazy this week i'd just gain all the weight back. I don't even feel like i'm being deprived anymore. I'm enjoying it. I'm still getting used to the meal planning but i am liking it. AND i'm starting to eat more of a variety in vegetables than i ever have, and liking it, so there's the plus side. My kid like palate is maturing!!! heheh. Anywho....thanks for the motivation boost!!!

Lizardjam wrote:

2 cups mixed baby greens
    diced fresh mozzarella
    diced roasted red pepper
    sliced black olives
    drizzle balsamic vinegar

it's sooooooooo yummy!

I'm still waiting for the day when i look forward to a salad for lunch. :) I cannot have more than one carb and one fruit a day this week. Next week every couple days i can add a fruit and a carb until i can have 3 of each a day. I'm supposed to be mindful of how they make me feel...if they increase my cravings for junk. I think it's a good balance because if i went carb crazy this week i'd just gain all the weight back. I don't even feel like i'm being deprived anymore. I'm enjoying it. I'm still getting used to the meal planning but i am liking it. AND i'm starting to eat more of a variety in vegetables than i ever have, and liking it, so there's the plus side. My kid like palate is maturing!!! heheh. Anywho....thanks for the motivation boost!!!

hehe...i hear that. seriously tho, you just have to get in the proper mindset about it. i've read a few articles about it, and not just for weight-loss.....but psyching yourself up for things, thinking positively, using appealing adjectives to describe things....really CAN help you see things in a more positive way, and get yourself excited to eat such foods, make changes, whatever you're cheering yourself on about.

so oh yea.....i LOVE this salad, and it was soooo yummy. besides, it's ingredients are all part of one of my most fave appetizers! fresh mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto, topped with roasted red peppers and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. so yea, throw in some black olives which i also adore and the mixed baby greens....still totally yum.

i also really enjoy the baby greens with pomegranate seeds and an asian sesame ginger dressing. it's all about finding flavors and textures you love, and then yea...you can even look forward to salad. :lol:

and....+1 for the 'mindfulness'...! i know it sounds like new-agey BS, but it's not! i have found it makes a huge difference! savoring food, slowing down, it all helps. amps enjoyment and cuts back on overeating/overstuffing....bigtime! also, i love the meal planning aspect now. almost exciting, thinking of new things to try. it really is all perspective! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    been on an exercise kick recently and it's helped. sadly, i've gotten up at 530am to work out in my basement, and have also worked out here at work...sometimes imposing 'double sessions' on myself. results are starting to show. pounds haven't exactly been flying off, but it's a slow but steady decline.
    I love to turn you on
    been on an exercise kick recently and it's helped. sadly, i've gotten up at 530am to work out in my basement, and have also worked out here at work...sometimes imposing 'double sessions' on myself. results are starting to show. pounds haven't exactly been flying off, but it's a slow but steady decline.

Worth it though for the toning up?
    Claireack wrote:

also b/c muscle burns more calories at rest than bodyfat, so a definite win-win. another comment...also why the numbers may not be moving on the scale so much, as muscle weighs more than fat, so if you build muscle, the pounds might not shrink as fast, but as muscle is more compact than fat.....your waistline sure would show it.

good for you steve!
    :thumbup:

i hope to get into exercise, one day. ;)
    i've got my daily walking which is great, but as some point i'd like to kick it up a notch. right now tho, i can only focus on one thing at a time.

another half pound gone. :) i'm psyched.
    i haven't gotten my weight down to this point in a loooonnnnngggggg time!
    very motivating!
    can't wait to see what i feel, and look like, come june!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Claireack wrote:

also b/c muscle burns more calories at rest than bodyfat, so a definite win-win. another comment...also why the numbers may not be moving on the scale so much, as muscle weighs more than fat, so if you build muscle, the pounds might not shrink as fast, but as muscle is more compact than fat.....your waistline sure would show it.

good for you steve!

i hope to get into exercise, one day. ;)
    i've got my daily walking which is great, but as some point i'd like to kick it up a notch. right now tho, i can only focus on one thing at a time.

another half pound gone. :) i'm psyched.
    i haven't gotten my weight down to this point in a loooonnnnngggggg time!
    very motivating!
    can't wait to see what i feel, and look like, come june!
    8-)

Cool on the half! I'm down one today!! after nothing since thursday!

I hope to get exercise as well at some point.... :) But, I'm with you, one thing at a time!

Lizardjam wrote:
    [

Cool on the half! I'm down one today!! after nothing since thursday!

I hope to get exercise as well at some point.... :) But, I'm with you, one thing at a time!

yay you!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Just came from the doctor and I lost...

wait for it...

ONE POUND!!!!!

:roll:
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    haha congrats norm!

I am also on a diet right now and IT IS MAKING ME STABBY! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Hmmmm well ***LÓ¿ÒKING*** at my Stomach...I THINK I've actually PUT on quite a BIT.....hahah :P
    norm wrote:
    wait for it...
    ONE POUND!!!!!

That's good! My last three doctor visits had all been increases...hmmmm would like to go now and see.....we have one of those horrid sliding scales in our gym here at work. i hate those things. I like the digital. Maybe 'cause i can get on the digital naked at home and i like that number better than the gym or the doctor where my clothes add!!

norm wrote:
    wait for it...

ONE POUND!!!!!

hey the number is in the right direction - so yay you!
    besides, it's not just the #s, you also know you are making improvements to your overall health, so again....kudos! you need to make your way to NY for a show(s) so a healthy norm is what is needed! :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

It's a lot easier when you see downward movement on the scale. I saw upward of one pound and today is stressful, and all i want to do is eat. Even if it's good for me snacks...but i know i can't! I have to be good to keep that scale going down but it's HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRDD!!!!! Maybe if i go buy a new book at lunch that will be good!

yay, yay, yay!
    finished up week 8 yesterday, today starts week 9....and i am down 15.5 pounds!
    wooohoooo!
    soooooooo happy, right on target!

hope to keep the momentum up....i'll be smoldering by our june anniversary.... 8-) hahaha.
    hope all are doing well!

and lizard, you KNOW that all last week i was in the same predicament, but you also know....just keep at it, the scale will move, the weight will come off. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

yay, yay, yay!
    finished up week 8 yesterday, today starts week 9....and i am down 15.5 pounds!
    wooohoooo!
    soooooooo happy, right on target!

hope to keep the momentum up....i'll be smoldering by our june anniversary.... 8-) hahaha.
    hope all are doing well!

and lizard, you KNOW that all last week i was in the same predicament, but you also know....just keep at it, the scale will move, the weight will come off. :)

I'm the same as I was. I think. I need to write this crap down. I cheated though...so onward....good this week!