The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Don't worry. Cubs will win the Wolrd Series in 2015 against Miami. Robert Zemeckis said so! 8-)

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Don't worry. Cubs will win the World Series in 2015 against Miami. Robert Zemeckis said so! 8-)

shit- if the fighting fish don't build a new stadium they might move of of florida altogether
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Don't worry. Cubs will win the World Series in 2015 against Miami. Robert Zemeckis said so! 8-)

Well, the good news here is that the Marlins are going to be renamed Miami Marlins in 2012. The bad news is I haven't seen any realignment plan that would put Cubs or Marlins in the AL by 2015. The other bad news is that the Cubs will still be the Cubs. :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    d lee is a brave
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Davidtrios wrote:
    d lee is a brave

Yep. I like DLee, but I'm glad he got traded. After he nixed the trade to the Dodgers, I figured he was just going to coast into the offseason and wait for the highest bidder...whereby screwing the Cubs.
    I don't know about these 3 pitching prospects, but at this point I'd say it was a good trade.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    mca47 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    d lee is a brave

Yep. I like DLee, but I'm glad he got traded. After he nixed the trade to the Dodgers, I figured he was just going to coast into the offseason and wait for the highest bidder...whereby screwing the Cubs.
    I don't know about these 3 pitching prospects, but at this point I'd say it was a good trade.

He nixed a trade to the Angels.
    mca47 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    d lee is a brave

He nixed a trade to the Angels.

Oooooooh right!

Nice catch.

poor ron santo.....

how do you not cover home plate :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931

It comes down to the fans. Do they want a winning team or a beer garden?
    if the devil asked "would you take a world series if it meant a dry stadium?"......I think they'd say no. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    imalive wrote:

It comes down to the fans. Do they want a winning team or a beer garden?
    if the devil asked "would you take a world series if it meant a dry stadium?"......I think they'd say no. :lol:
    I don't know where this information is from, but someone told me the other day that Wrigley Field sells more alcohol than any other MLB team, even the Yankees.. Makes sense though. :lol:
    I don't know where this information is from, but someone told me the other day that Wrigley Field sells more alcohol than any other MLB team, even the Yankees.. Makes sense though. :lol:

Well, not that I necessarily doubt that, but I don't believe those numbers are publically available. Concession numbers typically are, but there is no breakdown for alcohol and if there were it would be to the discression of the individual team to release those numbers...and they would all have to do it willingly.

Like I said, it's entirely possible, but my guess is that bit of info came from a Sox fan.
    there was an article earlier this season about the very topic....cubs topped the list

there will be plenty of drinking after marmol's blown save today. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    they are trying to give away our company tickets for all 3 of the Cubs/Piratesgames next week.

i'm not even sure if ron woo woo would take them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hmm, looks like Timmy might be pitching for the Giants next thursday....and the company tickets are availiable. hmm. it is worth watching the crappy cubs to see an all star pitcher?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Newman. wrote:
    hmm, looks like Timmy might be pitching for the Giants next thursday....and the company tickets are availiable. hmm. it is worth watching the crappy cubs to see an all star pitcher?
    go see lincecum...hopefully, he'll strike out 15 or so. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    soooo....where is Ryno coaching next year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Fucking dumb.

I really wanted Ryno.

Quade seems like the "Walmart" of managers.
    They could have easily gone to a better store to get a better manager, but instead they opted for the cheaper option.

Terrible mistake!
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Fucking dumb.

I really wanted Ryno.

Quade seems like the "Walmart" of managers.
    They could have easily gone to a better store to get a better manager, but instead they opted for the cheaper option.

Terrible mistake!

While I can't say Quade "didn't" earn it by what he did, it was a small sample size and he won games where their was zero pressure on the players. The fact the players like him is a negative to me, just means he won't call out veterans who need to be called out or benched.

My only question is how can you not give it to Ryno after all he's done. A HOF player who goes and rides the pines in the minors for 4 years, exactly what Jim Spendry told him to do when he said he wanted to manage the Cubs. He did exactly what was asked of him, and oh yeah, he did an outstanding job winning at each minor league level. What else could he have done? Pretty much nothing. If he teaches what he preaches (see HOF speech) he's exactly who I want, someone who will call out or bench these overpaid assholes (Rami, Soriano, Z) and make them hustle or sit the pine. I have a feeling this is going to have a big negative effect. Seems like a huge slap in the face to Ryno to me. I couldn't blame him for being PO'd at all.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Only way north siders are going to have a winning team is for the Cubs to be scrapped.. Shut down the organization and let a new one into the city. New name, new stadium.. start from scratch and hope it doesn't drag on another 102 years..
    pureoc wrote:

While I can't say Quade "didn't" earn it by what he did, it was a small sample size and he won games where their was zero pressure on the players. The fact the players like him is a negative to me, just means he won't call out veterans who need to be called out or benched.

My only question is how can you not give it to Ryno after all he's done. A HOF player who goes and rides the pines in the minors for 4 years, exactly what Jim Spendry told him to do when he said he wanted to manage the Cubs. He did exactly what was asked of him, and oh yeah, he did an outstanding job winning at each minor league level. What else could he have done? Pretty much nothing. If he teaches what he preaches (see HOF speech) he's exactly who I want, someone who will call out or bench these overpaid assholes (Rami, Soriano, Z) and make them hustle or sit the pine. I have a feeling this is going to have a big negative effect. Seems like a huge slap in the face to Ryno to me. I couldn't blame him for being PO'd at all.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's a damn shame. All Ryno did as a manager was win. He transformed average teams to winners and shoved his boot up some asses along the way...which is exactly what the Cubs need. Maybe that's why they didn't sign him. I could see Hendry and the "higher-ups" in the organization being almost...afraid of Ryno. Ryno probably would have really be a thorn in the side of many people in the organization.

Ugh!

You know he's going to go to some other team and make them winners. I would bet a lot of money on it! :(
    mike toilded in the minor leagues and led teams to the playoffs down there. just saying. i hope they lose 100 games next year just becasue they are the cubs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's a damn shame. All Ryno did as a manager was win. He transformed average teams to winners and shoved his boot up some asses along the way...which is exactly what the Cubs need. Maybe that's why they didn't sign him. I could see Hendry and the "higher-ups" in the organization being almost...afraid of Ryno. Ryno probably would have really be a thorn in the side of many people in the organization.

Ugh!

You know he's going to go to some other team and make them winners. I would bet a lot of money on it! :([/quote]

Agreed! They need someone to get in the vets face when the dog (hell they dog it all the damn time). Hendry doesn't want the guys he brought in getting called out. The sooner the Hendry regime and all the players he signed are gone the better. That being said I still hope your Hawkeye's lose today! Gonna be a tough game for my Badgers who I hope win, but I think you guys will.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    You guys could force then to hire Sandberg.. start a protest.. empty stadiums until the deal is done would speak more than anything.
    You guys could force then to hire Sandberg.. start a protest.. empty stadiums until the deal is done would speak more than anything.
    You and i both know cubs fans arent that smart
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    I dont give a rats ass about the cubbies , but I must say I've liked your title changes this past baseball season. Keep up the great work, I'm sure the cubs will make that easy for you!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    and the Sun Times flubs it up.

post a pic of some TB guy that goes to detroit instead of a pic of Garza. classic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    even with garza, they'll still suck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    even with garza, they'll still suck.

no denying that :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

its PJ day on wxrt

if you missed it, they just played that silly EV cubs song, and followed it up with a Pirates Cubs radio call from the game Soriano lost the ball in the sun and drops, letting the Pirates win.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

its PJ day on wxrt

if you missed it, they just played that silly EV cubs song, and followed it up with a Pirates Cubs radio call from the game Soriano lost the ball in the sun and drops, letting the Pirates win.

I remember that game, my remote control got broke. I can't wait till Soriano is gone, even though it's a long fn time til that happens, it will be a great day.
This discussion has been closed.