The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    The Chicago Cubs have won 3 in a row.....

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 8th, and Ramirez has finally figured out what a baseball bat is used for.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they still suck. don't kid yourself
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    they still suck. don't kid yourself
    Suck is an understatement..........
    The Bulls will spend another 5-10 years in NBA Hell......

Decent team...
    May win 45-50 games....
    May win a playoff series....
    May even get to the conference finals.....

But they will not win any championships................
    The Bulls will spend another 5-10 years in NBA Hell......

Decent team...
    May win 45-50 games....
    May win a playoff series....
    May even get to the conference finals.....

But they will not win any championships................

not unless they find a 2 guard that is at least 6' 4" and can play solid defense and shoot the ball from outside.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    3 in a row!

Fuck yeah!

:lol:

Now we go to LA where we'll most likely get swept... :( :x :lol:
    Who is doing the tv broadcast.tonight. no bob?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    ready to lose 3 of 4? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    4 of 4 would be more fun
    ready to lose 3 of 4? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    12 runs tonight. Now watch 'em go the next 4 games without getting 1 !!! F'ers!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mca47 wrote:
    12 runs tonight. Now watch 'em go the next 4 games without getting 1 !!! F'ers!

i will take just 3 please.
    www.myspace.com
    Nice start to the series!

Aramis and Byrd are HOT right now. Marmol strikes out the last 3. Good stuff!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited July 2010
    mca47 wrote:

Maybe they'll turn it around for the second half, just snap like the Sox did.. I wouldn't get your hopes too high though. 8-)

It would be fun to be able to talk smack again. It's hard to make fun of the Cubs when they're doing so bad their fans agree with you.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    mca47 wrote:

Pieces
    of
    Crap!!!
    mca47 wrote:

adjust your meds.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Pieces
    of
    Crap!!!
    mca47 wrote:

adjust your meds.

Just tell it how I see it.

Byrd has been playing great all season (offensively and defensively) and has really been the only source of consistent offense.
    Aram is hitting the cover off the ball.
    Lee appears to be getting better looks.
    Sorry-ano is slowly warming up.

The guys paid to produce finally appear to be showing up.
    Pitching has been solid.

All the starters should have a LOT more wins.
    Marshall has been amazing, and Marmol has been...well...Marmol (which is still pretty damn good).

They are still the f'n Cubs and have no chance at the playoffs, but it's fun to watch a team actually play the game like it's meant to be played.
    Maybe they'll turn it around for the second half, just snap like the Sox did.. I wouldn't get your hopes too high though. 8-)

It would be fun to be able to talk smack again. It's hard to make fun of the Cubs when they're doing so bad their fans agree with you.

Yeah, for as much as I hate the Sox, what you guys have been doing is nothing short of incredible.
    I kinda wish Lou would have forced the Cubs to watch all of those Sox games (over the last month or so) to at least show them how it's done and that it CAN be done if you actually give a shit.
    Fire Rothschild and hire Maddog fulltime!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 1367.story
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Saw this today:

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/201 ... ent-teams/

Costs the cubs OVER 2 Mil per win!
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    swan song for sweet lou
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/n ... id=5395615

He probably figures "I'll retire before I get my ass fired..."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Lou retired four years ago.. :lol:

Yeah, but in those 4 years he got the Cubs to the playoffs more than the Sox.
    Twice as many times to be exact.

Just sayin'...
    ;)
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, but in those 4 years he got the Cubs to the playoffs more than the Sox.
    Twice as many times to be exact.

Just sayin'...
    ;)

Yet he couldn't get more playoff wins than the Sox. And the Sox had a whopping total of 1.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D I'm actually a little sad about Lou leaving. Had some great quotes.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    a cub fan talking smack? really? :lol:

unless you are talking to a clipper fan...... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

No smack, only facts.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

No smack, only facts.
    here"s a fact. the cubs haven't won a world series in 193 years. no cubs fan should ever talk smack ever. win something then talk smack. making the playoffs means shit.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

here"s a fact. the cubs haven't won a world series in 193 years. no cubs fan should ever talk smack ever. win something then talk smack. making the playoffs means shit.
    1908 was their last. Just throwing that out there...

So if a team wins a World Series, how much time do they have to talk shit before they hit the "metsfan" statute of not being able to point out common facts?
    We have it hard as Cub fans, but nobody has ever really pointed out the official "Shit Talking Timeframe" to us.

Mets won their last WS in '86 and before that '69. Do those qualify as grounds for shit talking?
    White Sox won their last in '05 and prior to that 1917.

Soooo...if you could provide me with a link to the "Shit Talking Guide", I'd be more than happy to read it in full. Until then, I stand by my apparent "shit talking" for pointing out that the Cubs had more playoff appearances than the White Sox in the last 4 years...stemmed from Likeanocean's comment.

:roll: ;)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    mca47 wrote:

So if a team wins a World Series, how much time do they have to talk shit before they hit the "metsfan" statute of being able to point out common facts?
    We have it hard as Cub fans, but nobody has ever really pointed out the official "Shit Talking Timeframe" to us.

Mets won their last WS in '86 and before that '69. Do those qualify as grounds for shit talking?
    White Sox won their last in '05 and prior to that 1917.

Soooo...if you could provide me with a link to the "Shit Talking Guide", I'd be more than happy to read it in full. Until then, I stand by my apparent "shit talking" for pointing out that the Cubs had more playoff appearances than the White Sox in the last 4 years...stemmed from Likeanocean's comment.

:roll: ;)
    the only time you can ever talk shit to a arch rival is if your playing them in a series or have gone onto beat them to win a championship or beaten them in a championship until then you have no right to talk shit.

it only qualify's as shit talking to the teams we beat and the o's are just easy targets these days and the edrsox i like cause of my yankee hate i have in me.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    the only time you can ever talk shit to a arch rival is if your playing them in a series or have gone onto beat them to win a championship or beaten them in a championship until then you have no right to talk shit.

it only qualify's as shit talking to the teams we beat and the o's are just easy targets these days and the edrsox i like cause of my yankee hate i have in me.

So how does pointing out facts weigh in to these rules. Afterall...that's all I did.

I can't talk shit to the Phillies because as of now we own that series...or does that only apply to when we are actually playing them?

Hypothetical: If the Cubs lose to the Pirates in the season, but lost the World Series to some other team (BIG hypothetical :lol: ) I can't give my Pirate friend grief if he makes a silly comment? Afterall, the Pirates were very successful in the past...

I still think the year factor comes into this. According to your previous comment, if you don't win in x-amount of years, you can't talk shit. Then the next set of rules came out.

Like I said, us Cubs fans don't really know what it's like to win and if we do, I for one would like to know the shit talking grounds...because they are looooong overdue! :lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    So a couple weeks ago, I begrudgingly agreed to go to the Cubs vs. Cards game tomorrow with a bunch of my Cubs fan friends. I asked my friend today how much I owed him for the bleacher seat and he tells me 60 fucking dollars!!! I cant believe I'm goin to pay $60 to sit on a fucking bench with no seatback, plus you gotta get there way early if you want any kind of decent seat. And let's not forget that Wrigley is a complete fucking dump. I can't believe people pay this much to sit in the bleachers....I know it's a little more expensive since it's the Cardinals, but that's just getting out of hand.
This discussion has been closed.