The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't forget the sunscreen. :lol:

tell your "friend" to save you a seat and show up late.

look at the cute shirt you get

250x200_budweiser_tshirt.jpg

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited July 2010
    for the hopeless and the hapless:

Little Tommy went to Kindergarten wearing a Cubs hat. His teacher asked why he was a Cubs fan. He said, "Because my parents are."
    His teacher said, "That's not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers ?"
    He replied, "Well, then I would be a White Sox fan."

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago ... -pics.html
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    don't forget the sunscreen. :lol:

tell your "friend" to save you a seat and show up late.

look at the cute shirt you get

250x200_budweiser_tshirt.jpg

:lol:

Yeah, the fact that its supposed to be 94 and humid out tomorrow isn't helping things either.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    So a couple weeks ago, I begrudgingly agreed to go to the Cubs vs. Cards game tomorrow with a bunch of my Cubs fan friends. I asked my friend today how much I owed him for the bleacher seat and he tells me 60 fucking dollars!!! I cant believe I'm goin to pay $60 to sit on a fucking bench with no seatback, plus you gotta get there way early if you want any kind of decent seat. And let's not forget that Wrigley is a complete fucking dump. I can't believe people pay this much to sit in the bleachers....I know it's a little more expensive since it's the Cardinals, but that's just getting out of hand.

So why exactly did you decide to go?
    I have a lot of Sox fans and in passing they may ask me (or used to when I lived in Chicago) "Hey, you wanna go to the Sox-Royals game on Thursday?" At which point I'd say "Only if the ticket is free, and I'm not driving".
    If such things worked out, then I'd go. I hate the Sox, but I'd rather be at ANY baseball game then be working or some shit.... :D
    Went one time to "The Cell" seems semi-appropriate for Sox fans to spend time in "The Cell"... :lol:;)
    Anyways, my two rules were met...didn't have to pay for it, or drive. Get there in the middle of August and find out there were upper deck. 100 degrees with like 90% humidity! That and the fact that The Cell's upper deck is fuckin' STEEP! I was on the end and I literally saw at least 6-7 people biff it and another lady fall and bounce down the steps for a while. It was scary. Waaaaaaay too hot, and waaaay too many beers for the upper deck at "The Cell".

Anyways, try to make the most of it. Afterall...you could be working! ;)
    are you in line yet. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Just got back from Cooperstown last night. It was awesome getting to see the Hawk be inducted into the hall of fame. If you haven't gone I stronly recommend going to the baseball hall of fame, and if one of your favorite players ever gets elected I absolutely recommend going for their induction. Would be nice if anyone on the current cubs roster played with a fraction of the pride and passion Andre Dawson did!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    did you get your t shirt :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mca47 wrote:
    I have a lot of Sox fans and in passing they may ask me (or used to when I lived in Chicago) "Hey, you wanna go to the Sox-Royals game on Thursday?" At which point I'd say "Only if the ticket is free, and I'm not driving".
    If such things worked out, then I'd go. I hate the Sox, but I'd rather be at ANY baseball game then be working or some shit.... :D
    Went one time to "The Cell" seems semi-appropriate for Sox fans to spend time in "The Cell"... :lol:;)
    Anyways, my two rules were met...didn't have to pay for it, or drive. Get there in the middle of August and find out there were upper deck. 100 degrees with like 90% humidity! That and the fact that The Cell's upper deck is fuckin' STEEP! I was on the end and I literally saw at least 6-7 people biff it and another lady fall and bounce down the steps for a while. It was scary. Waaaaaaay too hot, and waaaay too many beers for the upper deck at "The Cell".

Yep.. I'll go to a Cubs game on my own terms. I went to Wrigleyville with some friends who had tickets. I drank at the bars until the third inning and then tried to get in. Scalpter wanted $40 for tickets in the third inning.. When I said no, they kept trying to tell me how good the seats were and my response was "I'm a Sox fan, I'll just go back to the bar.." Desperate to unload them, they all of a sudden asked how much I had on me.. I gave them $10 for some pretty good seats. :D

Baseball games are fun, no matter how shitty the team or stadium is. 8-)

Cubs fans just need some control, and they'd start getting half price tuesdays, specials and cheaper tickets.
    mca47 wrote:

Yep.. I'll go to a Cubs game on my own terms. I went to Wrigleyville with some friends who had tickets. I drank at the bars until the third inning and then tried to get in. Scalpter wanted $40 for tickets in the third inning.. When I said no, they kept trying to tell me how good the seats were and my response was "I'm a Sox fan, I'll just go back to the bar.." Desperate to unload them, they all of a sudden asked how much I had on me.. I gave them $10 for some pretty good seats. :D

Baseball games are fun, no matter how shitty the team or stadium is. 8-)

Cubs fans just need some control, and they'd start getting half price tuesdays, specials and cheaper tickets.

3rd inning the scalper will take what they can get.

i caught a game from 87 the other day (Dawson tribute game). they were average in the mid to upper 20's per game. harry was like, 29K paid, but about 18K showed up. :lol: but on the bright side, you don't have crowds full of shirtless guys. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    anybody listening to the game today.

i laughed out loud during one of the promo spots. i won't say which one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    mca47 wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago, I begrudgingly agreed to go to the Cubs vs. Cards game tomorrow with a bunch of my Cubs fan friends. I asked my friend today how much I owed him for the bleacher seat and he tells me 60 fucking dollars!!! I cant believe I'm goin to pay $60 to sit on a fucking bench with no seatback, plus you gotta get there way early if you want any kind of decent seat. And let's not forget that Wrigley is a complete fucking dump. I can't believe people pay this much to sit in the bleachers....I know it's a little more expensive since it's the Cardinals, but that's just getting out of hand.

I only went because it was a reason to take off of work. I was just salty about $60 to sit in the bleachers. The fact that I can't stand the Cubs and Wrigley didn't help either. My rule for Cubs games is generally to only go if it's free, but I broke that rule and definitely paid for it. That ended up being a $200 day with drinking before, during and after the game. I dont think I could afford to be a Cubs fan!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,724
    Derrek Lee rejected a trade to the Angels.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cubs aren't the brightest players.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As a Cubs fan, I'm pretty pissed about that.
    That is going to hurt the Cubs in the long run. He's getting old, his numbers have fallen off, he can't in the clutch for shit anymore...
    Well, he'll certainly be gone in the offseason but now we just don't get anything for him.

Way to go Lee!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Derek Lee = moron
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    mca47 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As a Cubs fan, I'm pretty pissed about that.
    That is going to hurt the Cubs in the long run. He's getting old, his numbers have fallen off, he can't in the clutch for shit anymore...
    Well, he'll certainly be gone in the offseason but now we just don't get anything for him.

Way to go Lee!

Agreed. He screwed us cause he a selfish ASS!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    The Cubs gave up 12 runs in 1 inning with 2 outs in the 8th last night. Surprising? Not really. Hilarious? Absolutely!
    It's sad to see Lilly go.
    What I don't get is why trade Theriot for a second baseman who has pretty much the same numbers? Did that really come down to money? Theriot was making more than DeWitt, but c'mon...

Does anyone know anything about those "prospects"?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5426301

The Chicago Cubs have agreed to trade pitcher Ted Lilly and infielder Ryan Theriot to the Los Angeles Dodgers for infielder Blake DeWitt and pitching prospects Brett Wallach and Kyle Smit.

ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine had reported earlier Saturday that the deal was in place but that money was a concern for the Dodgers, who were reluctant to take on significant additional salary.

The Cubs are also sending $2.5 million to the Dodgers to cover part of the $4.25 million left on Lilly's contract this year.

Lilly, 34, has just a 3-8 won-loss record -- but only because he has had the second-worst run support of any starting pitcher in the major leagues (3.77 runs per nine innings), ahead of only Roy Oswalt (3.07).

In his 17 starts, only three times have the Cubs scored more than two runs for him while he was in the game -- and they never scored more than three. He has failed to win 10 games in which he allowed three earned runs or fewer.

Theriot is hitting .284, but with just a .320 on-base percentage and .327 slugging percentage. He has started 80 games for the Cubs -- 62 at second base and 28 at shortstop. He has slightly more than $800,000 of his $2.6 million salary coming over the rest of this season. He will become the Dodgers' every-day second baseman.

DeWitt is a natural third baseman who has been playing second for the Dodgers. He is hitting .270, with a .352 on-base percentage and .371 slugging percentage.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    The Cubs gave up 12 runs in 1 inning with 2 outs in the 8th last night. Surprising? Not really. Hilarious? Absolutely!

Batted around twice and 11 straight hits. Wow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    mca47 wrote:
    What I don't get is why trade Theriot for a second baseman who has pretty much the same numbers? Did that really come down to money? Theriot was making more than DeWitt, but c'mon...
    it was time to blow up your pathetic team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    they should try and trade the entire franchise for one of those florida franchises
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    it was time to blow up your pathetic team.

i said that before the season started!
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 683
    Wonder what Ed thinks?? I think they suck! Go REDS! 8-)
    Paul D.
    anybody else think there is a good chance Ed will be at Cubs camp next monday at wrigley?

anybody else enter the contest on espn 1000
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Batted around twice and 11 straight hits. Wow

An MLB record plus fun to watch! It was like beer league softball.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    great to see eddie vedder in the audience rocking the dark rimmed glasses, holding a beer yucking it up with Chris Chelios
    Davidtrios wrote:
    great to see eddie vedder in the audience rocking the dark rimmed glasses, holding a beer yucking it up with Chris Chelios

Is he really there?
    ya- i was watching the game (no sox game on) and he was holding a beer sitting next to chris chelios in the crowd
    Bet he is doing the fantasy camp monday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.