The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

its PJ day on wxrt

if you missed it, they just played that silly EV cubs song, and followed it up with a Pirates Cubs radio call from the game Soriano lost the ball in the sun and drops, letting the Pirates win.

I remember that game, my remote control got broke. I can't wait till Soriano is gone, even though it's a long fn time til that happens, it will be a great day.
    http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/articl ... p&c_id=chc
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:

its PJ day on wxrt

if you missed it, they just played that silly EV cubs song, and followed it up with a Pirates Cubs radio call from the game Soriano lost the ball in the sun and drops, letting the Pirates win.

I remember that game, my remote control got broke. I can't wait till Soriano is gone, even though it's a long fn time til that happens, it will be a great day.

Seems like a long time ago he was one of my favorite players on the Yankees.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:

its PJ day on wxrt

I'm pretty sure I was at that game.. unless it was another game he completely missed a routine fly ball in. :lol:

I heard Just Breathe, Worldwide Suicide, Corduroy and Of the Girl on my drive home today. 8-)
    Refrenced game was in pitt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Refrenced game was in pitt
    Ah ok.. lol. It must have been during a Cubs/Sox game.. I've also seen them lose pretty badly to Pittsburg a few times at home.
    Seems like he's dropped the ball like a dozen times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I had to flip on binural after of the girl. There are some good tunes if you like your driver seat to vibrate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i was just going to say, the thread title needed updating, then i realized, it is indeed correct.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Keith Moreland to replace Ron
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    for a sox fan, you love to post here 81 :lol:
    Davidtrios wrote:

i'm not a sox fan, i just enjoy needling the cubs fans. already starting to see cubs outfits in public. don't they know what is ahead of them? nothing but heart ache and pain

in all honesty, i will miss listening to Ronny in the office during the season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

in all honesty, i will miss listening to Ronny in the office during the season.

I want to give Moorleand a chance, but know that I probably won't give him a fair one. I loved Ronnie on the broadcasts. Did he give great insight? No, not even close, that's what Pat was for, but the spontinaity and pure love for the team that Ronnie brought made the broadcasts great. He is gonna be missed. It's never gonna be the same listening to games.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Oh no. We agree on something. Come on. Jeez. Damn it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Looking at the projected lineup... Castro, Colvin, Byrd, Ramirez, Pena, Soriano, Soto, Dewitt

... that is a lineup that might bat < .250 but hit the most homeruns in the NL, which is a recipe for a lot of 1-run losses. Six of those guys should hit at least 20 homeruns, and Ramirez and Pena should hit at least 30.

Dempster/Zambrano/Garza is supposedly a formidable 1,2,3 :|
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Looking at the projected lineup... Castro, Colvin, Byrd, Ramirez, Pena, Soriano, Soto, Dewitt

... that is a lineup that might bat < .250 but hit the most homeruns in the NL, which is a recipe for a lot of 1-run losses. Six of those guys should hit at least 20 homeruns, and Ramirez and Pena should hit at least 30.

Dempster/Zambrano/Garza is supposedly a formidable 1,2,3 :|

how many errors will the left side of the defense have (castro, ramirez & Soriano). 60-70 combined?

will ramirez ever get in front of a ball again or will he continue to wave his glove at them?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    how many errors will the left side of the defense have (castro, ramirez & Soriano). 60-70 combined?

will ramirez ever get in front of a ball again or will he continue to wave his glove at them?

that defense is scary... probably the worst in the NL. And they'll probably have the worst OBP in the NL.

But I still have hope because I'm a silly Cubs fan. Castro could hit .330 or so, Ramirez could revert to his old self, Pena could hit 40 hr and stay above .250, Colvin could have a breakout year, and the starting pitching could be really good.

Most likely, only 1 or none of those will happen.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931

But I still have hope because I'm a silly Cubs fan. Castro could hit .330 or so, Ramirez could revert to his old self, Pena could hit 40 hr and stay above .250, Colvin could have a breakout year, and the starting pitching could be really good.
    that's a whole lot of could :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Rumor has it, Bartman could sing take me out to the ball game on opening day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • imalive wrote:

that's a whole lot of could :lol:

yeah that's why I said that none or one will happen :D

And we need all of those to happen to be NL contenders. The Phillies are just so much freakin' better than any other team. They have FOUR pitchers better than our Ace and I think 6/8 position players are better than ours. It's ridiculous.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    The Phillies are just so much freakin' better than any other team. They have FOUR pitchers better than our Ace
    so do the giants :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 8286.story

What a complete embarassment this organization is. This doesn't seem to happen with other teams this much. 14 errors in 4 games, and you guys call yourself professionals? I hope and think Ricketts the crook is in for a real wake up. Fans aren't gonna pay your horse shit ticket prices for crap like this! The "Wrigley Experience" is only a novelty for so long.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pureoc wrote:
    The "Wrigley Experience" is only a novelty for so long.

yeah that fad has only been around since 1916... clearly it doesn't have staying power ;)
    pureoc wrote:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0303-cubs-spring-training-reca20110302,0,948286.story

What a complete embarassment this organization is. This doesn't seem to happen with other teams this much. 14 errors in 4 games, and you guys call yourself professionals? I hope and think Ricketts the crook is in for a real wake up. Fans aren't gonna pay your horse shit ticket prices for crap like this! The "Wrigley Experience" is only a novelty for so long.

not quite a complete embarassment. they have tried to win over the last decade, unlike a team that plays in pittsburgh.

silva just needs to get used to seeing balls booted by the left side of the infield. :lol:

The Wrigley Experience isn't going away anytime soon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Another shitty outing by fat lazy ass Silva. The smart thing to do would be to cut this lazy fat piece of shit loose, but we are paying him too much money. The second smartest thing to do would be to not have him be in the starting rotation, but again we are probably paying him too much money not to be a starter. What a joke.
    I am going to be heading out for the Yankees series the weekend of June 17th. Going to be hitting the Friday and Sunday games, Friday in the stadium, Sunday on a rooftop. Anyone here been to any of the rooftops? Any suggestions? I have looked into a few but am curious which have the best beer, crowd, view, etc.
    some will argue, the rooftops are the place to be, i say they all suck. :lol: for what it costs, you can a ticket inside the stadium, and since you can bring in your own snacks, you can easily bring a few brews with you

i will say, the ones behind right field typically are the most crowded. stay away from the ones on the ends, as they have lousey sight lines.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    some will argue, the rooftops are the place to be, i say they all suck. :lol: for what it costs, you can a ticket inside the stadium, and since you can bring in your own snacks, you can easily bring a few brews with you

i will say, the ones behind right field typically are the most crowded. stay away from the ones on the ends, as they have lousey sight lines.

Yeah, not sure what to expect, I assumed some people wouldnt be fans but seems like an experience. it is expensive but I am going to do a game in the stadium and the rooftop. I was thinking the Ivy League Club, seems like a nice one with a decent view (behind right field). Was thinking about one down the line but the view seems strange.
  • I've heard the rooftops SUCK as far as watching the game goes. You're just too damn far away from the action.
This discussion has been closed.