Soundgarden Rides Again!

Comments

• lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    TT8270 wrote:
    Since Soundgarden is on everyone's mind, I gotta ask, does anyone know where to find good Soundgarden soundboards? I could never find any good SG boots.

I guess there's not many around...tried to find some maybe 10 years back, could only find great audience recordings. I'd love to get an SBD recording from 96/96 tour.

see, as a long time bootleger, I think Soundgarden has the same problem that Led Zep has... you may find a great sounding boot but the band 's performance is just awful... especially the vocals..

or vice versa...

be careful what you wish for..

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    TT8270 wrote:
    Since Soundgarden is on everyone's mind, I gotta ask, does anyone know where to find good Soundgarden soundboards? I could never find any good SG boots.

I guess there's not many around...tried to find some maybe 10 years back, could only find great audience recordings. I'd love to get an SBD recording from 96/96 tour.

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/search ... oundgarden

try here..

or here:

http://ijeffgarden.squarespace.com/
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/search ... oundgarden

try here..

or here:

http://ijeffgarden.squarespace.com/

cool, thanks a lot
    locked wrote:

see, as a long time bootleger, I think Soundgarden has the same problem that Led Zep has... you may find a great sounding boot but the band 's performance is just awful... especially the vocals..

or vice versa...

be careful what you wish for..

But at least with Zep there's officially mastered releases like Song Remains the Same, the DVD, and the BBC sessions that sound great. It's surprising that there has never been a live album from Soundgarden. There's a few live cuts on b-sides but that's it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429

But at least with Zep there's officially mastered releases like Song Remains the Same, the DVD, and the BBC sessions that sound great.

OT:

Ever wonder how they sound so good? Check this out:

http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/tgt.html

I was pretty amazed when I first discovered this site. Jimmy Page seems to be very enthusiastic about editing audio :D
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • TT8270 wrote:

But at least with Zep there's officially mastered releases like Song Remains the Same, the DVD, and the BBC sessions that sound great.

OT:

Ever wonder how they sound so good? Check this out:

http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/tgt.html

I was pretty amazed when I first discovered this site. Jimmy Page seems to be very enthusiastic about editing audio :D

Yeah I'm aware of this. In fact, I have the soundboards of the 1973 MSG concerts and have compared them to Song Remains the Same. Whatever. They're also plagiarists. Big deal...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    i wonder is pj could pick up a 'free agent drummer'.... perhaps jimmy vivino (the guy who subs for max weinberg when he tours for bruce) :mrgreen:

Dude, Jimmy Vivino is the guitarist, not the Drummer.
  • MANKINDMANKIND Posts: 218
    anyone not care besides me? id rather see a pj tour instead.
    Va Beach 08-03-00, Pittsburgh 04-28-03, State College 05-03-03, Hershey 07-12-03, Boston 09-29-04, Reading 10-01-04, Philly 10-03-05, Camden 05-27-06, Pittsburgh 06-23-06, Va Beach 06-17-08, Philly 10-30-09, Philly 10-31-09, Bristow 05-13-10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Soundgarden will reunite for concerts in 2010, according to a Twitter message from frontman Chris Cornell which directs fans to a new Web site, Soundgardenworld.com. The Seattle rock quartet -- Cornell, guitarist Kim Thayil, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron -- has not played live since splitting up in the spring of 1997.

Although no details have been announced yet, sources tell Billboard the group is weighing offers from several major U.S. and international festivals. But a tour routing is still a work in progress, due to Cameron's prior commitments to play with Pearl Jam in the spring and summer of next year. :mrgreen:

Cameron has been Pearl Jam's permanent drummer since 1998; that group recently announced its first North American date of 2010 as part of the second weekend of New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (April 29-May 2), and will also play 10 European shows from June 22 in Dublin through July 10 in Oeiras, Portugal.

Also still amorphous are plans for some kind of Soundgarden best-of and/or reissues of its back catalog. In addition, Thayil and Shepherd have long discussed compiling a Soundgarden boxed set, which would include a wealth of unreleased studio material.

For many years after Soundgarden split, the instrumentalists were said to have had little contact with Cornell and reportedly turned down an offer to reform for Sub Pop's 20th anniversary concerts in Seattle in 2008. Cornell was not on hand for an impromptu live performance on March 24, 2009, at Seattle's Crocodile Cafe, when Cameron, Thayil and Shepherd played the Soundgarden songs "Hunted Down," "Nothing to Say" and "Spoonman" with Tad Doyle on vocals.

But all four members were present at an Oct. 6, 2009 Pearl Jam show in Los Angeles, when Cornell reprised the Temple of the Dog song "Hunger Strike" with the band, and sources say reunion plans began to take shape shortly afterward.

Soundgarden formed in Seattle in 1984, with an initial lineup of Cornell on vocals and drums, Thayil on guitar and Hiro Yamamoto on bass. Cameron joined on drums in 1986, and the following year, the band released its first single, "Hunted Down," on the nascent hometown label Sub Pop.

Famed indie label SST released Soundgarden's debut album, "Ultramega OK," in October 1988, but the band's churning, Black Sabbath-inspired rock'n'roll quickly reached a wider audience after signing with A&M Records, which issued a new album, "Louder Than Love, in September 1989. Yamamoto was replaced briefly on bass by Jason Everman, who was then replaced permanently by Shepherd for the recording of "Badmotorfinger" in 1991.

Driven by Cornell's impressive vocal range, Thayil's dark, detuned guitar work and Cameron's love of tricky time signatures, "Badmotorfinger" songs like "Outshined" and "Jesus Christ Pose," foreshadowed the Seattle-centric grunge explosion ushered in a few months later by Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Soundgarden fully broke through on 1994's five-times-platinum "Superunknown," thanks to smash rock radio hits such as "Spoonman," "Black Hole Sun" and "Fell on Black Days."

After headlining the 1996 Lollapalooza festival in support of the album "Down on the Upside," Soundgarden ran out of steam and broke up amicably. Since the split, Cornell has released three solo albums and three more with the now-defunct Audioslave, which featured the non-singing members of Rage Against The Machine. Thayil and Shepherd have kept a low profile, only occasionally releasing music and collaborating with artists like Sunn O))) and Boris, Probot, Steve Fisk and Mark Lanegan.

Shepherd and Cameron also revived their side project, Hater, which released its second album, "The 2nd," in 2005.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/soundga ... 6149.story
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    makes sense... pearl jam never really does big tours anymore... I don't see why Matt can't do both.. just don't tour at the same time..

I saw them in Vancouver '96, and ben sheppard was in a foul mood (apparently hÉééée almost didn't come out). I wonder how how long they tour before they implode.
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    According to the Rolling Stone site...it's official! It states that Matt will indeed resume his old drumming duties, and it is "unclear" how it will affect PJ. Is this the reason for the "cancelled" tour that the NO Jazzfest guy indicated??? Has this been posted somewhere? :o:o:o:o
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • But Matt will join the PJ European Tour right?? :?: :?
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Sorry- I see this is already well known here...just got back to my computer after a hiatus.....Im still surprised that this place isn't teeming with speculation.....so many possibilities. Cant wait to see if 10C has anything to fill us in on? C'mon guys, what's the deal?
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited January 2010
    Just hope Matt can find time for both.
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    he ain't leaving...
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    MANKIND wrote:

*raises hand*
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    MANKIND wrote:

*raises hand*

that makes 3 of us!!!!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    And you have to wonder what the other guys really think about this.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    And you have to wonder what the other guys really think about this.

i'd be willing to bet Matt came to them (if Matt is indeed going to play for SG) wayyyyyyyyyyyy before hand and talked to them about it.
    Flagg wrote:
    MANKIND wrote:

*raises hand*

that makes 3 of us!!!!!

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Flagg wrote:
    MANKIND wrote:

*raises hand*

that makes 3 of us!!!!!

shame, i take it that you 3 dont really realise how good soundgarden are... easily as good as pj at least without a shadow of a doubt.
    Brisk. wrote:
    shame, i take it that you 3 dont really realise how good soundgarden are... easily as good as pj at least without a shadow of a doubt.

funny i thought we could have our own opinions :?
    norm wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

some opinions are just wrong :lol::lol:

(not saying yours are, i dont even know what your opinions are but not being at least interested in this gives me an impression)
    Brisk. wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

some opinions are just wrong :lol::lol:

(not saying yours are, i dont even know what your opinions are but not being at least interested in this gives me an impression)

i don't dislike sg but it just isn't my thing...never been a fan of cornell's voice...but if they play coachella i'll check them out :)
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    Brisk. wrote:
    Whoa, whoa...I, for one, wouldn't put them in the same league live...

Recorded stuff, yeah, Soundgarden is great...lyrical depth and live I give it to PJ any day of the week. Not saying that SG can't hold its own, but yeah.
    norm wrote:

i don't dislike sg but it just isn't my thing...never been a fan of cornell's voice...but if they play coachella i'll check them out :)

i totally respect this but it just drives me mad inside.. how can people not be a fan of cornells voice ahhhh listened to louder than love, badmotorfinger, superunknown or down on the upside 99 times?

oh well!
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Whoa, whoa...I, for one, wouldn't put them in the same league live...

Recorded stuff, yeah, Soundgarden is great...lyrical depth and live I give it to PJ any day of the week. Not saying that SG can't hold its own, but yeah.

well depends how many times you seen soundgarden live? or how many shows you have heard?

yeah okay they dont play 2 hour and 10 minute shows but their shows are a good 1 hour 30 at least not to mention they dont have as many songs pearl jam do now as they havent been around.

just listen to this! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr8BNLqrOM
  • Not sure if this has been posted, but the last lines of the story have Matt firmly in both bands and not touring together.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162896 ... rden.jhtml

End bit:
    "Billboard reported that the group is weighing offers for several major U.S. and international festivals and is in the midst of plotting a tour around Cameron's prior commitment to a spring and summer swing with Pearl Jam. "
    Why go home?
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    Brisk. wrote:
    well depends how many times you seen soundgarden live? or how many shows you have heard?

yeah okay they dont play 2 hour and 10 minute shows but their shows are a good 1 hour 30 at least not to mention they dont have as many songs pearl jam do now as they havent been around.

I have, in all honesty, seen Pearl Jam live a few more times than Soundgarden. SG was my first "obsessive" band back as a kid. My first concert was SG with Screaming Trees opening at a show in Seattle. That said, Cornell was out of tune quite a bit...as he was most of the time.

I have seen him a good 3-4 times during his solo runs...sounded great there, even though his range has diminished.

When it comes to live music, I would rather watch McCready go off over Thayil, and I prefer Eddie's howls and phrasing over Cornells vocals.
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I have, in all honesty, seen Pearl Jam live a few more times than Soundgarden. SG was my first "obsessive" band back as a kid. My first concert was SG with Screaming Trees opening at a show in Seattle. That said, Cornell was out of tune quite a bit...as he was most of the time.

I have seen him a good 3-4 times during his solo runs...sounded great there, even though his range has diminished.

When it comes to live music, I would rather watch McCready go off over Thayil, and I prefer Eddie's howls and phrasing over Cornells vocals.

wooow thats awesome!

I guess its comparing apples and oranges so bit hard to call.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    Why all the calls for them to tour together? I really hope that doesn't happen. I saw SG live 3 or 4 times and it's a completely vibe to Pearl Jam. I'd much rather see a Pearl Jam show and a separate Soundgarden show, they're completely different experiences.

Besides, do you really think they'd get back together just to be a support act?!?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Brisk. wrote:

:o:o :shock: :shock: .............. IS YOU CRAZY?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

you're lucky i don't live in the UK Brisk!!!!!!!! i'd have to slap some sense into you!....& don't make me revoke your Binaural brother card you crazy bastard!!! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen: