Soundgarden Rides Again!

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Now all we need is Nirvana to shamelessley come back with a Kurt wannabe and it will be 1992 all over again. :lol: PJ on top, AIC is back and rockin, Soundgarden rumors in the air. Hope Dave Grohl sticks to the Foos and Vultures and Krist sticks to politics. All I want to see of Nirvana is maybe some more DVD's like Reading.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    the EAGLES?

Well, they do have the same number of Vince Lombardi trophies. ;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    For a second, I thought you were talking about our beloved Philadelphia football team. I was thinking, Soundgarden can't lose in the playoffs every year???

Crap... stole my joke.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • toddlertoddler Posts: 12
    I don't post on here a lot, but was surprised when I came on here today, there was nothing on this. I checked pollstar.com yesterday, and they had an article about Soundgarden reuniting. Although I wish Matt the best in all his endeavors, I can't help but wonder how this will affect PJ. Here are the questions that immediately came to my mind. Will Matt work with Soundgarden around PJ's schedule or not? If not, will PJ get someone to temporarily sit in on drums? If not, will they just take the year, or however long Matt is with Soundgarden, off? Is this just a "temporary" reunion, or long-term? And, of course, how does this affect any tour plans? Of course, I want the solution to this to be a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog tour, but I know I am really really dreaming on that one. Anyways, feel free to respond to this... Again, best to whatever you do Matt...
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited January 2010
    there is a thread on this.

EDIT: thread merged again.
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited January 2010
    lol? there are loads on this!

edit - looks like another thread was merged.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    I like Soundgarden, really excited about them reforming. But I would much prefer Matt to stay with PJ full time. Soundgarden can do what they like, and I am sure they will put on a massive show, but hopefully some agreement can be reached where the time can be split equally, if that's what Matt wants and Pearl Jam wants. Fingers crossed!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • I am excited about this Soundgarden was amazing back in the late 80's early 90's. :D

I don't think anyone has anything to fear about Matt leaving PJ.

I don't see why he cant do Both PJ have already said the dates are going to be limited to start this year anyway so i don't see a huge PJ tour coming.

And who knows maybe Chris will pop in on a few PJ gigs do a Temple song or something :)
  • The articale I read stated:

"The logistics of the Soundgarden reunion shows are not set yet due to Matt Camerons prior commitments with Pearl Jam for spring and summer 2010 shows"

or somehting like that.
    you don't need a good memory to tell the truth
  • The articale I read stated:

"The logistics of the Soundgarden reunion shows are not set yet due to Matt Camerons prior commitments with Pearl Jam for spring and summer 2010 shows"

or somehting like that.
    hmm... i love this... if matts too busy to tour because of PJ then maybe SG will just have to RECORD instead 8-)

they will make this work... im not worried about it at all... im too excited to think of anything else anyway!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • icemanap wrote:
    I like Soundgarden, really excited about them reforming. But I would much prefer Matt to stay with PJ full time. Soundgarden can do what they like, and I am sure they will put on a massive show, but hopefully some agreement can be reached where the time can be split equally, if that's what Matt wants and Pearl Jam wants. Fingers crossed!

I"ll fill in for Matt with PJ - there's not a PJ song I can't rock the shit out of...

:D
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Am i the only one who could care less about about them PJ rules :o
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I personally do not care much as well, I am only curious to see how Chris Cornell will be....
  • I personally do not care much as well, I am only curious to see how Chris Cornell will be....

Chris Cornell has been singing Soundgarden songs on his solo tours for the past few years, his voice is in pretty good shape these days, much better than when he was in Audioslave.
  • im in the same page,, 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I have really been indifferent to the news of Soundgarden getting back together. I've always LIKED them but never really was a huge fan. One thing is for sure.....I like them much more than I liked Audioslave whom I didn't like at all.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • WRONG.WRONG.WRONG. You're ALL wrong.

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS !!! Truly epic, life affirming joyous news regarding one THE finest bands to emerge in the last 20yrs !!!

How could anyone be unhappy or indifferent to this happening ?? SOUNGARDEN'S output and body of work was outstanding. Flawless. Each album bettered and trumped the previous one (with the exception of "Upside").

SUPERUNKNOWN, creatively speaking, matches ANYTHING that has been recorded in the last 15yrs, by any band or artist, any place. Period.

Let's not forget, historically speaking, Soundgarden were one of the true and original pioneers of the "Seattle" scene and without these guys ( and associated bands Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog), there would most likely be NO PEARL JAM, as we know and love.

We owe SOUNDGARDEN a huge debt of gratitude.

p.s. AUDIOSLAVE were totally fucking awesome. Saw them in 2004 and they kicked Dublin's ass.

p.p.s. Matt Cameron's drumming style suits Soungarden much better than PJ and has committed to playing live shows with Soungarden, so what does that mean for PJ ?? After next summer mini-tour : Another Ed solo project ?? Stone goes solo ? Brad ? Satchel ? The beginning of the END ??
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I like Soundgardens recorded output but they are one of the WORST live bands I ever did see play live. They hated each other and it really came across onstage. I mean they were truly truly awfully bad. This is a sickening cash grab and a real shame all round. Hopefully Matt has sense and stays put with Pearl Jam.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    Can't get into their music. The only reason I would be excited about this is if it means we get a reprieve from Matt on drums. He's a great drummer, but I still don't see the fit between him and PJ.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Never liked Soundgarden. Chris Cornell's voice (& image) makes me squirm. My only interest is to see how Matt juggles this.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Never liked Soundgarden. Chris Cornell's voice (& image) makes me squirm. My only interest is to see how Matt juggles this.

Completely agree. I don't mind and will sing along if Dave's got an album on but I've never really been a Soundgarden lover. I too am more interested in what Matt does...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    and without these guys ( and associated bands Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog), there would most likely be NO PEARL JAM, as we know and love.
    Now that's pushin' it, don't ya think?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • They were great every time I've seen them.

I'm looking forward to seeing them more than PJ whom I've almost seen 20 times.

I'd rather mix it up a little.
    NERDS!
    you even listened to them.... :roll:
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    and without these guys ( and associated bands Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog), there would most likely be NO PEARL JAM, as we know and love.
    Now that's pushin' it, don't ya think?
    Actually um NO... Soundgarden was around years before Pearl Jam, without them there is NO Temple of the Dog.Without Temple there is no Pearl Jam. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Jesus. Christ. Pose.

'nuff said.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,260
    Yeah i'm not interested to much if they play in the City i probably would venture in providing i can score a ticket but it's not like i must see them at any cost :| ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I never heard them in my life, I've been always too obssesed with PJ but I would like to give them a try, I like some of the Chris solo work.

with what soungarden record I should start?

I know this is not the best thread to ask :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    I never heard them in my life, I've been always too obssesed with PJ but I would like to give them a try, I like some of the Chris solo work.

oh my god! :evil: :evil:

right.... Badmotorfinger (one of the greatest albums i've ever heard.. its flawless from start to the end.. i think the 2 best tracks are even the best SG have ever done)

then

Superuknown.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    arq wrote:

I disagree with the previous post, start with Superunknown. I'm not a fan of Badmotorfinger with the exception of Slaves & Bulldozers. Chris's voice is too high on it. Either way, Superunknown and Down on the Upside (very underrated due to a few crap punk tracks) will blow your mind!

Between PJ, STP and now Soundgarden touring this year, it's gonna be a good one. Just need Trent to take NIN back out on the road!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale