Soundgarden Rides Again!

Comments

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    I wonder if Susan Silver will still be managing them? Somehow I doubt it. Kelly Curtis most likley!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • WHOOHOO!! Had a shit 2009 so this is THE BEST way to start a new year/decade!
    Please Please Please come to Canada!!!!!!

OMG having a Seattle era tour would be AWESOME tho pricey. I'm in for at least 1 show if that happens. My plastic will cry tho lol

I agree with the poster who said this was most likely a money thing. It was clear Chris was desperate for money when he gave us that steaming pile of shit called Scream. Now that he has realized what we've been telling him since the first song leaked...he is going to plan B.

Whatever the reason...the fans benefit too!! Can't WAIT!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Hey guys if Chris' Twitter was hacked, then so was his Facebook...AND Soundgarden's home page...so, I'd say it's on the up and up.

But...What Will Matt Do?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    pjfan021 wrote:
    could you imagine

mudhoney
    soungarden
    alice in chains
    pearl jam

play a 15-20 date tour in the spring/summer...it would be epic.
    Or how about a 3 day festival at Alpine Valley!

Ahem...
    KCUF YES!!
    :D:mrgreen:

i like the way you guys think....and there's no way that this is gonna happen withouth matt, kim, chris, and ben. It wouldn't get to this point with a fill in.
  • Anyone on here actually see Soundgardwn live? I did and like all the live recordings they weren't a great live act. I wouldn't mind seeing again but the live show wasn't their strong point. Cornells voice couldn't carry live at all. Same problem with Audioslsve but he sounded better with them. Maybe they'll get a better live tour sound production company b
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>

• I agree with the poster who said this was most likely a money thing. It was clear Chris was desperate for money when he gave us that steaming pile of shit called Scream. Now that he has realized what we've been telling him since the first song leaked...he is going to plan B.

Why do people think that album was a ploy for money? If he wanted to put out an album for money, he would have followed the Soundgarden formula. As shitty as that album is, I give him credit for having the balls to try something different and do what he wanted. I'm sure there are some fans of early, heavier pearl jam who were disgusted by Into the WIld.
  • Hey guys if Chris' Twitter was hacked, then so was his Facebook...AND Soundgarden's home page...so, I'd say it's on the up and up.

But...What Will Matt Do?
    If Soundgarden are serious about being a full time active band again I think Matt might consider leaving Pearl Jam. I know PJ love Matt and Matt loves PJ, but Soundgarden is HIS band, he's a core member of it. Either than or Soundgarden will irregularly tour and release records so Matt can do both, or Soundgarden just tour/maybe release an album and then call it quits. I hope Soundgarden become a full time band again and Pearl Jam get Dave A. or Jack Irons back.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i highly doubt they would bring back dave a considering ed bashed him in berlin this year and jack irons is retired from drumming to do arm problems. what makes people think jack can do 2 1/2-3 hour concerts if he couldn't hack 2 hour concerts in the middle 90's and hasn't drummed a whole lot since 98. not bashing jack in the least bit. pj would most likely bring back matt chamberlain or go on hiatus.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Hey guys if Chris' Twitter was hacked, then so was his Facebook...AND Soundgarden's home page...so, I'd say it's on the up and up.

But...What Will Matt Do?
    If Soundgarden are serious about being a full time active band again I think Matt might consider leaving Pearl Jam. I know PJ love Matt and Matt loves PJ, but Soundgarden is HIS band, he's a core member of it. Either than or Soundgarden will irregularly tour and release records so Matt can do both, or Soundgarden just tour/maybe release an album and then call it quits. I hope Soundgarden become a full time band again and Pearl Jam get Dave A. or Jack Irons back.
    There is too much of a love fest between the two bands to have any remote conflicts at this point. Matt has been with PJ now for almost 12 years. There will not be anything that they cannot figure out. At this point, I am quite certain PJ is not willing to switch drummers again - not at this stage of their career. And, we all know that there is plenty of off time from Pearl Jam - that there is plenty of time for all members to do other things. Matt's other thing just happens to be Soundgarden!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    metsfan wrote:
    i highly doubt they would bring back dave a considering ed bashed him in berlin this year and jack irons is retired from drumming to do arm problems. what makes people think jack can do 2 1/2-3 hour concerts if he couldn't hack 2 hour concerts in the middle 90's and hasn't drummed a whole lot since 98. not bashing jack in the least bit. pj would most likely bring back matt chamberlain or go on hiatus.
    And again, this is all ridiculous to even think about. There is plenty of off time from PJ for Matt to also play in SG.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

But...What Will Matt Do?

Dave? I dunno....Dave and Eddie? I dunno man, don't know. Maybe Jack...but Matt is where it's at and has been...I doubt he'd leave PJ now. Maybe for a SG Reuinion show or two...but I don't think permanently. But that's just me
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

But...What Will Matt Do?

this is the dumbest thing ive ever read on here.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    aNiMaL wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    And again, this is all ridiculous to even think about. There is plenty of off time from PJ for Matt to also play in SG.
    me too

i just hate the fact people want dave a or jack irons back. dave a is pretty much hated by all the band members cept mike and stone and jack irons was sloppy and couldn't keep up with jeff on certain songs live.

• garland09garland09 Posts: 833
    nm
    garland09 wrote:
    nm
    scroll down to the " 1993-1994 letting blood" section of this article

http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/art ... n801.shtml

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,506
    It's great to hear Soundgarden coming back. But worried on the Pearl Jam front. If the relationship back is strong with Soundgarden on & off stage during this, will Matt still play for Pearl jam?

I'm curious to see if Soundgarden & Pearl Jam play on the same bill @ the Festival show's this coming June/July in Europe. He's gonna be one tired ass drummer. :shock:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    Brisk. wrote:
    cant they just be doing it because they want to play that incredible music again? some people need to piss all over everything.

yeah, and sometimes they are just never satisfied..
    Shut your mouth!!!! People on THIS board never satisfied? I can't believe it. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    It's great to hear Soundgarden coming back. But worried on the Pearl Jam front. If the relationship back is strong with Soundgarden on & off stage during this, will Matt still play for Pearl jam?

I don't think the Soundgarden relationship was ever all that strong off stage even during their hayday. From what I remember reading, they all seemed kinda aloof with each other.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Anyone on here actually see Soundgardwn live? I did and like all the live recordings they weren't a great live act. I wouldn't mind seeing again but the live show wasn't their strong point. Cornells voice couldn't carry live at all. Same problem with Audioslsve but he sounded better with them. Maybe they'll get a better live tour sound production company b

yeah i saw them quite a few times in glasgow, and reading 1995, never had a problem with them live myself, was always shit hot...... and MENTAL. can't wait for the chance to see them again.. hopefully
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I'm not worried that Soundgarden getting back together will be a permanent thing. Plenty of bands get back temporarily. Green River did it a while ago for a few gigs for instance but are they together now - of course not! Sure Matt will work it out with PJ when they are on another one of their hiatuses, and just do the reunion with SG as a temporary thing. Some bands just like to get together for old times sakes, do some concerts for fun and that's all. I'm sure Matt will stay with PJ, they have too much life in them and lots more to do yet.
  • Anyone on here actually see Soundgardwn live? I did and like all the live recordings they weren't a great live act. I wouldn't mind seeing again but the live show wasn't their strong point. Cornells voice couldn't carry live at all. Same problem with Audioslsve but he sounded better with them. Maybe they'll get a better live tour sound production company b

I saw Soundgarden in 1992, 1994 and 1996 and I agree that Cornells voice wasn`t the best live then, but I saw Cornell solo live in 2007 and it was awesome. Never heard the Soundgarden songs better.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    its good news indeed. and quite frankly i dont even need SG to support PJ at one gig. might be even better to have three individual shows of AIC, SG and PJ... This way one could enjoy Matt's magic twice in two full sets...

2010 shaping into really smtg extraordinary. gotta start saving more then!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • I guess this means I'll have to wait at least another year for the next new Hater album ....
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Anyone on here actually see Soundgardwn live? I did and like all the live recordings they weren't a great live act. I wouldn't mind seeing again but the live show wasn't their strong point. Cornells voice couldn't carry live at all. Same problem with Audioslsve but he sounded better with them. Maybe they'll get a better live tour sound production company b

I saw them in NYC at the Armory with 11 and Tad. Musically they were awesome but Cornell was struggling a bit vocally. I totally agree that this will have next to no effect on PJ. These bands are professional businesses now and I'm sure this has already been figured out amongst the players. Whether that means hiatus for PJ or just some limited Soundgarden shows.
    I can't see them going back to previous drummers. I feel they would wait for Cameron.
  • WWSWWS Posts: 459

yeah i saw them quite a few times in glasgow, and reading 1995, never had a problem with them live myself, was always shit hot...... and MENTAL. can't wait for the chance to see them again.. hopefully

Soundgarden has always been a tough one to nail down as far as live sound goes. All 4 of the early/mid 90's shows I saw were GA during the height of moshing and crowd surfing etc. I always left feeling blown away and yet listened to bootlegs from shows I had attended and was less impressed.

I am looking forward to hearing Jesus Christ Pose, Hands all over, Gun, Drawing flies live once again. Sweetness.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    I bet Matt likes the idea of drumming for SG again. His drumming for SG is far superior to what he manages to do with PJ.
    I will swallow poison
  • WWSWWS Posts: 459
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Niko80 wrote:
    I bet Matt likes the idea of drumming for SG again. His drumming for SG is far superior to what he manages to do with PJ.

I agree, except what Matt has done on a number of PJ's songs that he's written with them (Grievance, Johnny Guitar, and a number of others) has been really good.

...and I'm sure Matt would like to change up what he's playing for a while, however brief.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • at this point a monkey could play drums, looking forward to kim and chris jamming out
    but i would like to see matt on drums, if it doesnt affect pearl jam