*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Were would MCW go if he was in this draft? And all this #3 #10 Thad and #32 for #1 talk is NUTS to me.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

Were would MCW go if he was in this draft? And all this #3 #10 Thad and #32 for #1 talk is NUTS to me.

if you think Wiggins is going to be one of the top 5 players in the game down the line you do that trade in a heartbeat. #10 will be a good NBA player but most likely not a stud. Thad is solid but nothing special and #32 is a long shot to be a productive NBA player. you only get so many chances to get a possible stud decade-long all-star. if you have a stud player guys will line up to come play here so can always replace Thad and whoever #10 is going to be. I don't think you hold off on getting a possible stud because of guys like Thad and a #10 pick of guys like Gary Harris or Doug McDermott. it's a league dominated by the top 5 players. if you have a legitimate chance to secure one in the draft you do everything you can to get it. easy to fill in the pieces around a stud than to find a stud.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    wonder what the odds the sixers would try and trade up to get the #1 or #2 pick?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks said:

if you think Wiggins is going to be one of the top 5 players in the game down the line you do that trade in a heartbeat. #10 will be a good NBA player but most likely not a stud. Thad is solid but nothing special and #32 is a long shot to be a productive NBA player. you only get so many chances to get a possible stud decade-long all-star. if you have a stud player guys will line up to come play here so can always replace Thad and whoever #10 is going to be. I don't think you hold off on getting a possible stud because of guys like Thad and a #10 pick of guys like Gary Harris or Doug McDermott. it's a league dominated by the top 5 players. if you have a legitimate chance to secure one in the draft you do everything you can to get it. easy to fill in the pieces around a stud than to find a stud.
    You have no clue what Wiggins will be down the line. IMO he's just as much of a gamble. When the players own coach says he lacks that killer instinct(heart),that would give me concern. I'd rather go with Mcw,Mcbuckets(Harris,Mich Kid),Thad,Randle and Noel then Mcw,Wiggins,who knows,who knows and Noel. But I have a feeling MCW gets traded.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

pjhawks said:

You have no clue what Wiggins will be down the line. IMO he's just as much of a gamble. When the players own coach says he lacks that killer instinct(heart),that would give me concern. I'd rather go with Mcw,Mcbuckets(Harris,Mich Kid),Thad,Randle and Noel then Mcw,Wiggins,who knows,who knows and Noel. But I have a feeling MCW gets traded.
    true on not knowing if Wiggins will be one of the top 5 players down the line but I think everyone believes he will be better than every other player you list there. upside he is one of the top 5 players in the game and you are a title contender in about 5 years, downside is he is still way better than Thad Young and a very good, probably, all-star level player. plus I don't you tanked a season to end up with a team as you describe above.

I really don't know what you or they do if Milwaukee and Cleveland have no interest in trading and are content on taking Parker and Wiggins. obviously no one really knows how good Exum is since none of us have ever seen him. be interesting to see if they do stand pat and take him if the other 2 are gone as expected.

I like MCW and think he is going be a really good NBA player for a long time. Not a #1 star on a title contender but if he is your 3rd wheel can see him winning. Start with MCW and Wiggins would be a great start.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    here's a pretty detailed article about what is wrong with mcw's shot and why it might be a good time to trade him--

http://www.libertyballers.com/features/2014/6/23/5831824/michael-carter-williams-sixers-dante-exum-draft

www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    here's an article pretty much disproving that you'll only find franchise players at the top of the draft ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/47550/401/rookie-ranks-2005-to-present
    polaris_x said:

here's an article pretty much disproving that you'll only find franchise players at the top of the draft ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/47550/401/rookie-ranks-2005-to-present

That is why tanking would not work every year. This only goes back to the year after LeBron and Melo came out right? So pretty much every draft between then and now has been a crap shoot.

Paul George was taken 10th. Pretty crazy

www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Trade it all for Wiggins.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited June 2014
    my head is dizzy after reading all of the different scenarios. i don't even want to think about this anymore more until tomorrow night.......but assuming parker and wiggins are gone and they do not trade up for either of them........

i guess take exum at 3.....try to move mcw (and i guess thad or whatever it takes) to snag randle from the lakers.....then take best player available at 10.

this way, you have a guy with a bigger upside than mcw at point (although this pick scares the hell out of me--gotta figure hinkie like's exum's metrics)......you get a banger in randle and your front court looks pretty good with him and nerlens down there.....10, not sure---either mcbuckets or stauskas....or you trade back and take a james young maybe. you'd want somebody who can shoot the ball here.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    edited June 2014
    and for what it's worth, i have a feeling james young could turn out to be one of the better players in this draft (guess this ties into polaris' article). 10's probably way too early as i've seen mocks with him going around 20. but he looked like kentucky's best player in the tourney...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

and for what it's worth, i have a feeling james young could turn out to be one of the better players in this draft (guess this ties into polaris' article). 10's probably way too early as i've seen mocks with him going around 20. but he looked like kentucky's best player in the tourney...

I like him a lot. What about trading back from 3? If Wiggins and parker are gone.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

my head is dizzy after reading all of the different scenarios. i don't even want to think about this anymore more until tomorrow night.......but assuming parker and wiggins are gone and they do not trade up for either of them........

i guess take exum at 3.....try to move mcw (and i guess thad or whatever it takes) to snag randle from the lakers.....then take best player available at 10.

this way, you have a guy with a bigger upside than mcw at point (although this pick scares the hell out of me--gotta figure hinkie like's exum's metrics)......you get a banger in randle and your front court looks pretty good with him and nerlens down there.....10, not sure---either mcbuckets or stauskas....or you trade back and take a james young maybe. you'd want somebody who can shoot the ball here.

From what you read and hear about Exum he sure sounds A LOT LIKE MCW. Some say Exum can't shoot that well and some say he's not a PURE point. Do the Sixers draft him when they have MCW already? Trade MCW? Man, i'm dizzy too>LOL>But, i know what i have in MCW.

FUCKING SUCKS that Embiid gets HURT. He's the one who's fuck this up for the Sixers. How come the Portland Trailblazers aren't drafting at #2? I'm sure they would take Embiid>HAHAHA. You just know if the Sixers by-pass him he'll end up being a Hall-Of Famer>LOL.

Did you see the stat comparison with Vonleh, Randle & Gordon? Vonleh rebounded the same as Randle, had more block shots then both of them and shot %45 from the 3 pt. line(though he only took 33 shots). I just wish i saw more IU games.

I agree that the Sixers need a shooter at #10 (Mcbuckets, Stauskas, Gary Harris). Hell, i HOPE they can FIND another shooter later in the draft too. Though i like James Young i think he should've stayed at KenCROOKY. #10 is too high for him i think.

Should be VERY interesting what Hinkie comes up with as this draft is very deep. When you have players like Shabazz Napier & Adrien Payne projected to go in the 20"s you know this is a GOOD draft so Hinkie CAN NOT fuck this up>LOL

MCW&
    Exum&
    Noel&
    Randle&
    Young
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

except for randle.

then again, you're the guy who defended evan turner for years
    It's finally here. I'm all geeked up for the Hinkie Show tonight.
    Cooney said the Sixers are on a full court press for Cavs #1.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Cooney said the Sixers are on a full court press for Cavs #1.

yessir.....seems everyone is reporting this now too. god, I just hope they can move up and get him while keeping 10.....OR---if you have to give up 10, maybe hinkie can hop back up to the 11-15 range.......
    www.myspace.com
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't hesitate to move MCW and thad tonight either. I like both guys, but I don't think either would be a huge loss. I don't know why people are acting like MCW is gary payton

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sixers can't not get wiggins
    edited June 2014

since the knicks have no picks, we don't have to worry about them getting anyone
    :))
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    NEW YORK -- It appears the 76ers will not be acquiring the No. 1 pick in tonight's NBA draft from Cleveland.

Early Thursday, the Sixers increased their previous offer to Cleveland for the No. 1 overall pick in order to take Kansas small forward Andrew Wiggins, according to a league source. ESPN.com’s Chad Ford first reported the news.

What did the Cavs want for the pick? Later Monday, Tom Moore of the Bucks County Courier Times reported they're asking for the third, 10th and 32nd picks from the Sixers.

Which, according to the league source, is exactly what the Sixers offered.

However, now it appears talks between the Sixers and Cavs have broken down. According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the Sixers no longer are pursuing a deal with Cleveland for the top pick. The Cavs, barring an 11th-hour offer, plans to keep the pick and take either Wiggins or Jabari Parker.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer said:

since the knicks have no picks, we don't have to worry about them getting anyone
    :))
    Listen fuck nut, I have no basketball allegiance. I moved to this city for the sixers. In only like the Knicks because they had melo. I could get behind the sixers
    and away we go
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    X(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I'd take embiid here
    This is where it gets interesting.

Embiid?

Vonleh?

Or a trade?

You know if the Sixers don't take Embiid he'll end up being a HOF and win a couple of Titles, especially if he goes to the Lakers or Celtics.

Loooove it. Now sit him all year and lock up another top 5 pick next year
    The Fixer said:

Loooove it. Now sit him all year and lock up another top 5 pick next year

That might be a good idea.

"IF" he can stay HEALTHY this is a STEAL.

Embiid looks real excited to be drafted by us, image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA