*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JK_Livin said:

What has Lin done that MCW can't do? I think you are overrating Lin. If they don't bring in a shooter, they'll have about the same amount of wins.

most of their wins happened before hawes and turner were traded anyway. then they proceeded to lose 26 games in a row. never liked lin. he's nothing special/turns the ball over way too much. be interesting to see what kind of picks we can get along with him, though i think i saw melo is now probably going back to the knicks (i think that's who houston wants to clear cap space for, for some reason)?

summer league action tomorrow at 1 and replayed at 7 on csn. finally get to see NERLENS in action!
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    The Fixer said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

Well, that little word with A LOT of meaning: "IF" Embiid is healthy the Sixers will have a steal and "IF" Saric comes to play in the NBA they will have another steal(from what i read cuz i have no idea "IF" he can play). "IF" Embiid is never healthy and "IF" Saric doesn't come here and play(no guarantee he does), this draft will be a disaster and the Sixers MAY not be good for another decade. That would SUCK(obviously) because for a draft that the so-called experts called the best draft in a decade, and with the Sixers having 2 picks in the TOP10, to have NOTHING to show for it.

relax potsie weber. you sound like the turds who defended evan turner for years.

let hinkie do work

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/dario-saric-says-nba-leap-is-possible-in-2015/

HAHA>potsie weber. But, i'm nothing but relaxed.

I am letting Hinkie do his work. I have no power to stop him>LOL!

Trust me, i don't want any of that to happen, but to say it's not possible?

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

I HOPE that Embiid will be the multiple All-Star that Bill Self says he will. And, that Saric is/was a TOP 10 pick, or even TOP 5 if you believe what you read, in this loaded draft and he's a stud too.
    You said the sixers had the 3 and 10 pick and after the draft have nothing to show for it (because their draftees might get injured). I'm sorry but that's an asinine comment. The fact that juggler supports you confirms that. He is as lost as doug collins or larry brown.

Embiid was the most talented player in this draft. The Sixers were lucky to get him at 3. Any of these guys can get hurt. 19
    year olds are still growing into their bodies. And other lottery picks like jabari parker and julius randle have already had similar
    injuries to Embiid.
    Just let hinkie do his thing. Sixers fans are in good hands...finally. This draft was a coup...esp if you understand the magic
    pulled with the payton/saric trade.

Hinkie is a fucking genius. Sixer fans really need to stop questioning him and get on board. Future is bright.....

I guess you didn't read what i said BEFORE the Sixers would have nothing to show for this draft?

Again, i am letting Hinkie do his thing>LOL!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

Well, that little word with A LOT of meaning: "IF" Embiid is healthy the Sixers will have a steal and "IF" Saric comes to play in the NBA they will have another steal(from what i read cuz i have no idea "IF" he can play). "IF" Embiid is never healthy and "IF" Saric doesn't come here and play(no guarantee he does), this draft will be a disaster and the Sixers MAY not be good for another decade. That would SUCK(obviously) because for a draft that the so-called experts called the best draft in a decade, and with the Sixers having 2 picks in the TOP10, to have NOTHING to show for it.

relax potsie weber. you sound like the turds who defended evan turner for years.

let hinkie do work

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/dario-saric-says-nba-leap-is-possible-in-2015/

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

I HOPE that Embiid will be the multiple All-Star that Bill Self says he will. And, that Saric is/was a TOP 10 pick, or even TOP 5 if you believe what you read, in this loaded draft and he's a stud too.
    You said the sixers had the 3 and 10 pick and after the draft have nothing to show for it (because their draftees might get injured). I'm sorry but that's an asinine comment. The fact that juggler supports you confirms that. He is as lost as doug collins or larry brown.

Embiid was the most talented player in this draft. The Sixers were lucky to get him at 3. Any of these guys can get hurt. 19
    year olds are still growing into their bodies. And other lottery picks like jabari parker and julius randle have already had similar
    injuries to Embiid.
    Just let hinkie do his thing. Sixers fans are in good hands...finally. This draft was a coup...esp if you understand the magic

Hinkie is a fucking genius. Sixer fans really need to stop questioning him and get on board. Future is bright.....

I guess you didn't read what i said BEFORE the Sixers would have nothing to show for this draft?

Cutz just ask him if he still thinks Aaron Gordon isn't a top 10 pick...even though he went 4th.
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

let hinkie do work

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

injuries to Embiid.

Cutz just ask him if he still thinks Aaron Gordon isn't a top 10 pick...even though he went 4th.

HAHAHA>Didn't think Gordon was a TOP pick?>REALLY?>LOL!

Did anyone see Nerlens Noel play today?
    edited July 2014
    cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

let hinkie do work

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

injuries to Embiid.

HAHAHA>Didn't think Gordon was a TOP pick?>REALLY?>LOL!

Did anyone see Nerlens Noel play today?
    yeah. that was when he was saying hinkie wouldn't draft anyone who can't shoot (despite taking mcw and noel last year). then after he drafts guys who can't shoot again, it doesn't matter because next year doesn't matter. so...yada.yada.yada

anyway---didn't see the game but caught highlights. not a bad fucking start! guess the most encouraging thing was him being 7 for 7 from the line. i think he was a 50% shooter in college or something. good sign and gives you hope for his jumper i guess.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    NERLENS
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited July 2014
    I saw that. They can't deal a 1st round until 2018 I believe, so no thanks. Hinke ain't dealing without a 1st.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I saw that. They can't deal a 1st round until 2018 I believe, so no thanks. Hinke ain't dealing without a 1st.
    plus you'd be helping a division rival. no thanks.
    www.myspace.com
    you guys watch last night? main takeaway i had was the defensive intensity these young bucks showed in a summer league game. very encouraging.

kj! i think this kid will start.....grant looked good too.
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 2014
    Sammy The Bull strikes again.....this Lin deal sounds LINSANE if true...

c'mon lefraud....go back to cleveland so we can facilitate this thing
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    ???
    Go Birds!!!!
    let's do this.
    www.myspace.com
    Fack, Lin to the lakers!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Fack, Lin to the lakers!

i guess hinkie wanted too much? still plenty of time but he's missed a couple opportunities already. it would suck to not get some assets out of all this cap space. the line trade would have been perfect....
    www.myspace.com
    We are the CHAMPIONS......................................of the Orlando Summer League>LOL!!
    Report: NBA submits lottery reform proposal

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24624000/report-nba-submits-lottery-reform-proposal

The NBA submitted a proposal to change the lottery system at its competition committee meetings in Las Vegas this week, according to Grantland's Zach Lowe.

The proposal, which dominated the lottery-reform discussion in league meetings this week, is essentially an attempt to squeeze the lottery odds at either extreme toward a more balanced system in which all 14 teams have a relatively similar chance at the no. 1 pick, per sources familiar with the proposal.

Under the current system, the team with the worst record has a 25 percent chance of snagging the no. 1 pick, perhaps the most valuable asset in the entire NBA. The team with the second-worst record has a 19.9 percent chance of winning the no. 1 pick, and the third-worst team enters the lottery with a 15.6 percent chance of moving up to the top slot. The odds decline from there, with the final five teams in the lottery — the teams with the five best records — each having a 1.1 percent or worse chance of moving up to no. 1.

The league's proposal gives at least the four worst teams the same chance at winning the no. 1 pick: approximately an identical 11 percent shot for each club. The odds decline slowly from there, with the team in the next spot holding a 10 percent chance. The lottery team with the best record will have a 2 percent chance of leaping to the no. 1 pick, up from the the minuscule 0.5 percent chance it has under the current system.

The proposal also calls for the drawing of the first six picks via the Ping-Pong ball lottery, sources say. The current lottery system actually involves the drawing of only the top three selections. The rest of the lottery goes in order of record, from worst to best, after the top-three drawing is over.

This is a much less extreme reform than the lottery wheel concept being thrown around in the last few months, and it doesn't completely take away the incentive to be bad. It just takes away the incentive to be really, truly awful in hopes of landing the No. 1 pick. The league is reportedly considering implementing a new system as soon as this coming season.

Lowe brings up two potential problems:

1. The timing of implementation. Teams that have constructed short-term building plans under the current rules will likely oppose any attempt to change those rules midstream. The Wheel proposal, submitted to the league by Mike Zarren, the Celtics' assistant general manager, called for instituting the Wheel only after all draft picks that have already been traded actually move between the trading partners. Due to the protections on some future first-round picks that have been traded, implementation would have waited at least a half-dozen years. (The Wheel is detailed here.)

2. There are already burbling concerns that a restructured odds system will encourage some late-season tanking among teams all over the lottery. Teams clustered around the middle of the lottery may begin jockeying for a top-five position, or to move up from, say, no. 12 to no. 9.

The system isn't perfect, but nothing will be. This actually seems like a reasonable way to address tanking, even if there might be some funny business at the end of the season, just like there is now. While some would favor the wheel or something more radical -- say, eliminating the draft -- it makes sense that the league would push for something like this.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    the system is broken right now and something has to change. I'd rather see it go back to every team not in the playoffs gets an equal shot and all those are lottery based picks so no if you finish last you still get a top 3 pick automatically.

or just get rid of the draft and go to all free agency.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    pjhawks said:

or just get rid of the draft and go to all free agency.

Oh my goodness what I would do for this in baseball. I think i got hard thinking about it
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2014

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

If anyone has spare time and wants a good laugh please read through the history of this thread. The most frequent posters' lack of knowledge is exposed to the point where their opinions should be forever void. In true Philadelphia fashion, the most 'die hard' are the most clueless.

Enjoy...and try not to hurt yourself laughing

If anyone is going to see PJ in detroit/moline or MMJ in mexico I will be happy to buy you a beer and explain in further detail why sam hinkie is the best thing to happen to the sixers since moses.

HINKIE!!

And... like clockwork. Another 2am rambling/angry Fixer post, ripped from the philly.com comments section. What's the matter? Are you upset that you can't argue with me on this one? We agree on the direction of this team for once. Be a man and get used to it.

Also in regards to your other post---I, like most everyone else in here, value Cutz's opinion on basketball about a million times more than yours. You'd probably have more of the respect you crave by being able to disagree with someone without insulting them. There is a HUGE risk in those first two picks. Any rational person should be able to recognize that. High risk, high reward- this much should be obvious to everyone.

Enjoy your day. Gonna be a beautiful one.

go.sixers.
    I gave up arguing with you. No point since you are always wrong.

You have a great day. Hopefully you figure out a way to get your third DVR hooked up so you can catch every Weeds and Girls episode, rather than watch the sports you pretend to know about.

Someone told me macnow is no longer on wip. based on your recent history I'm hoping you're not the same guy (so many similarities). don't want to see anyone out of work. good luck!!

Read the history of the thread. It's funny...esp your posts.
    this post sums up why nobody values your opinion on stuff. you come across as a 12 year old girl.
    when losing, resort to name calling. mature

go back and read the thread history. no one has been wrong about the sixers more than you (except hawks, but he's wrong about everything).

the posts speak for themselves. you defended guys like doug collins and evan turner (that's just hoops...you stopped giving phils opinions long ago -- after things like supporting the howard contract, trading for ty wigginton, etc. yikes)

when asked where to get the best cheesesteak or what the best movie/tv show are you are spot on. stick with what you know and stop pretending to know sports.

glen macnow's alias is the juggler
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2014
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

let hinkie do work

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

injuries to Embiid.

I said that gordon was the only guy projected to go in the lottery who I didn't want the sixers to take (because he can't shoot and they just drafted noel and mcw the year before). And I bet you that Randle would have a better career than Gordon...which is another easy win against one of your dumb opinions.

Hinkie is going to get it right. This team is in good hands
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

If anyone has spare time and wants a good laugh please read through the history of this thread. The most frequent posters' lack of knowledge is exposed to the point where their opinions should be forever void. In true Philadelphia fashion, the most 'die hard' are the most clueless.

Enjoy...and try not to hurt yourself laughing

If anyone is going to see PJ in detroit/moline or MMJ in mexico I will be happy to buy you a beer and explain in further detail why sam hinkie is the best thing to happen to the sixers since moses.

HINKIE!!

And... like clockwork. Another 2am rambling/angry Fixer post, ripped from the philly.com comments section. What's the matter? Are you upset that you can't argue with me on this one? We agree on the direction of this team for once. Be a man and get used to it.

Also in regards to your other post---I, like most everyone else in here, value Cutz's opinion on basketball about a million times more than yours. You'd probably have more of the respect you crave by being able to disagree with someone without insulting them. There is a HUGE risk in those first two picks. Any rational person should be able to recognize that. High risk, high reward- this much should be obvious to everyone.

Enjoy your day. Gonna be a beautiful one.

go.sixers.
    I gave up arguing with you. No point since you are always wrong.

You have a great day. Hopefully you figure out a way to get your third DVR hooked up so you can catch every Weeds and Girls episode, rather than watch the sports you pretend to know about.

Someone told me macnow is no longer on wip. based on your recent history I'm hoping you're not the same guy (so many similarities). don't want to see anyone out of work. good luck!!

Read the history of the thread. It's funny...esp your posts.
    this post sums up why nobody values your opinion on stuff. you come across as a 12 year old girl.
    when losing, resort to name calling. mature

go back and read the thread history. no one has been wrong about the sixers more than you (except hawks, but he's wrong about everything).

the posts speak for themselves. you defended guys like doug collins and evan turner (that's just hoops...you stopped giving phils opinions long ago -- after things like supporting the howard contract, trading for ty wigginton, etc. yikes)

when asked where to get the best cheesesteak or what the best movie/tv show are you are spot on. stick with what you know and stop pretending to know sports.

glen macnow's alias is the juggler
    yup. garbage like this...it's why people don't value your opinion on anything. at some point you should ask yourself why you are the only person who has an issue with me.
    www.myspace.com
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    The fact that there is a lottery is stupid. Worst team, first pick. Done. It's one of the reasons why the NFL is putting every other sport in the dirt.

Btw - the fact that the Sixers have 97 pages in this thread is and of itself is remarkable...lol.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    fixer on may 17th:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/119127/home-of-the-double-tank-your-philadelphia-76ers/p90
    " I don't understand why anyone would take a guy who cant shoot in the top ten"

fixer on june 27th in response to them not taking a shooter in the top ten:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/119127/home-of-the-double-tank-your-philadelphia-76ers/p96
    " Doesn't really matter what needs they filled for the upcoming season. I love what they did."

everyone's on board with hinkie and what the sixers are doing. i mean i have never in my life seen anyone remotely interested in summer league games before these last couple weeks. that is amazing to me. but it's never a good thing to have blind faith in anyone.

go.
    sixers.
    www.myspace.com
    JV130312 said:

The fact that there is a lottery is stupid. Worst team, first pick. Done. It's one of the reasons why the NFL is putting every other sport in the dirt.

Btw - the fact that the Sixers have 97 pages in this thread is and of itself is remarkable...lol.

ironically most people in this thread do not care for the nba much...we just love this team and are tired of losing. haha
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

Sam Hinkie is 36 years old?!?!?!? Dude looks like he is 56, no?

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

jesus....i would have guessed 46. some people just look older than they are.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

jesus....i would have guessed 46. some people just look older than they are.
    wow! yea i would have guessed around 50 or so :))
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC