*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Ok.

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    In the Saric-Payton Jr., deal, Sixers also get back the first-round pick sent to Magic in Dwight Howard deal -- likely 2017, source said.

With Embiid out and Saric overseas....gonna be another long season.

Yeah, I read the pick has protection ranges in 2017 and 2018.

I'm all about the Hinkie Plan. They are better of sucking ass again next year and getting a top five pick. If they take a step forward next year it probably means making playoffs, getting killed in the first round, and picking outside the top 10 in the draft. Aka...the larry brown, doug collins, ed stefanski, billy king days. NO THANKS...I'm so glad that shit is over with!!

Hinkie!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sixers drafting a lot of Defense/athletes, but no shooters.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Didn't get a shooter? What's up with that?
    cutz said:

Didn't get a shooter? What's up with that?

Long term plan. Doesn't really matter what needs they filled for the upcoming season. I love what they did. Especially the Saric trade. They traded the 10th pick for the 12th pick, a future first rounder (which is apparently the pick that dipshit doug collins gave up in the vucevic deal -- arguably the worst trade in franchise history), and a future second rounder. That is some Hinkie magic right there.

They will stink again next year. Hopefully they sit Embiid all season to assure another top 5 pick.

All in all, I think they did extremely well tonight.

HINKIE!!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can definitely see what they're doing but I hope they know when the rebuilding is supposed to end. What's the slogan for next year, "Just keep Building, Building, Building", like from Finding Nemo? I was halfheartedly kidding when I mentioned double tanking a while back. The Sixers ticket sellers are going to earn their salaries this year. Will Brett Brown still be here once all these guys/picks can play?

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin said:

I can definitely see what they're doing but I hope they know when the rebuilding is supposed to end. What's the slogan for next year, "Just keep Building, Building, Building", like from Finding Nemo? I was halfheartedly kidding when I mentioned double tanking a while back. The Sixers ticket sellers are going to earn their salaries this year. Will Brett Brown still be here once all these guys/picks can play?

pretty hard to have 2 top 10 picks and neither is going to play for you next year. I can live with it especially if they think they can ultimately get a healthy Embiid. I like the their 1st pick in the 2nd round McDaniels from Clemson. I think he will be a solid pro.

that Payton guy they drafted and traded to Orlando is why the NBA draft sometimes baffles me. Guy was a point guard who can't shoot and let the nation in turnovers and averaged more turnovers than assists yet was somehow a top 10 pick? and someone traded an additional 1st round pick for the guy? someone has to explain that one to me.
    The best part of the draft was watching payton try to put his Sixers hat on over his afro.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    seems like everyone's pretty much on board? i'll roll with this draft. it just sucks having everything be dependent upon a center's health yet again. and to tank as hard as the sixers did and not come away with mr wiggins is a tough pill to swallow....but i watched a lot of kansas this year (as you guys did too) and embiid has loooooads of potential. sometimes when watching them you forgot wiggins was even on the floor with him. huge risk. huge reward (obviously).

the saric move makes sense in the context of embiid not playing this year. if you're gonna suck, get your money's worth. hopefully this guy lives up to his potential and opts out after 2 years. could have hakeem/kukoc 2.0 in a couple years. scary thought. plus we got our 1st back in '17 or so.

i really like the 2nd round picks. mcdaniels could have gone in the first round, grant's got good potential....and this mcrae kid is probably the best shooter on the team right now. haha... these guys make this year worth watching, as opposed to last year's scrubs, because you get the sense that they have a shot to be bench contributors when this team finally gets good.

whole thing hinges on embiid's health though. time will tell. sucks he got hurt in the first place. chad ford is right on point with his grade-- incomplete:

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS | GRADE: Inc.

Round 1: Joel Embiid (3), Dario Saric (12)

Round 2: K.J. McDaniels (32), Jerami Grant (39), Vasilije Micic (52), Nemanja Dangubic (54), Jordan McRae (58)

Analysis: GM Sam Hinkie has proven to be a master of collecting assets. Embiid, on pure talent and potential, may be the best prospect in the draft. Saric was a top-10 prospect as well that the Sixers had coveted for a while. Had Embiid been healthy and had Saric been available to come to the NBA this year, they would get an A. However, Embiid is likely out the whole season recovering from foot surgery. Saric has a three-year deal in Turkey and won't play in the NBA for a couple of seasons. How do you rebuild without your talent on the floor?

I know what the Sixers will say. Nerlens Noel is their rookie this year. Embiid will be next year. Saric the year after that. But are Sixers fans and ownership willing to be that bad for that long? At some point you have to move from asset collection to building a team.

McDaniels and Grant also have huge upside. They are super athletic. But like the rest of the team Hinkie has put together, they can't shoot. Micic and Dangubic are both intriguing prospects down the road, but neither is likely to play in the NBA anytime soon. McRae may be the only one really ready to contribute right now, ironically.

In five years, if Embiid is a superstar and Saric is the next Toni Kukoc, my criticisms will seem petty. But it's a long road, Sixers fans. A long road. And the 2015 NBA draft isn't as loaded as this draft is and is mostly filled with bigs, the one thing the Sixers are now stockpiled with.
    www.myspace.com
    also--next year's draft won't be nearly as good and most of the top talent are centers, which we already have.

i bet the sixers will keep an eye on this mudiay kid going to smu. i've read comparisons to john wall. gotta like that he will have a year of lb coaching him under his belt too.

go.sixers.
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
    Well, that little word with A LOT of meaning: "IF" Embiid is healthy the Sixers will have a steal and "IF" Saric comes to play in the NBA they will have another steal(from what i read cuz i have no idea "IF" he can play). "IF" Embiid is never healthy and "IF" Saric doesn't come here and play(no guarantee he does), this draft will be a disaster and the Sixers MAY not be good for another decade. That would SUCK(obviously) because for a draft that the so-called experts called the best draft in a decade, and with the Sixers having 2 picks in the TOP10, to have NOTHING to show for it.
    edited June 2014
    cutz said:

Well, that little word with A LOT of meaning: "IF" Embiid is healthy the Sixers will have a steal and "IF" Saric comes to play in the NBA they will have another steal(from what i read cuz i have no idea "IF" he can play). "IF" Embiid is never healthy and "IF" Saric doesn't come here and play(no guarantee he does), this draft will be a disaster and the Sixers MAY not be good for another decade. That would SUCK(obviously) because for a draft that the so-called experts called the best draft in a decade, and with the Sixers having 2 picks in the TOP10, to have NOTHING to show for it.

relax potsie weber. you sound like the turds who defended evan turner for years.

let hinkie do work

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/dario-saric-says-nba-leap-is-possible-in-2015/

edited June 2014
    If anyone has spare time and wants a good laugh please read through the history of this thread. The most frequent posters' lack of knowledge is exposed to the point where their opinions should be forever void. In true Philadelphia fashion, the most 'die hard' are the most clueless.

Enjoy...and try not to hurt yourself laughing

If anyone is going to see PJ in detroit/moline or MMJ in mexico I will be happy to buy you a beer and explain in further detail why sam hinkie is the best thing to happen to the sixers since moses.

HINKIE!!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer said:

If anyone has spare time and wants a good laugh please read through the history of this thread. The most frequent posters' lack of knowledge is exposed to the point where their opinions should be forever void. In true Philadelphia fashion, the most 'die hard' are the most clueless.

If anyone is going to see PJ in detroit/moline or MMJ in mexico I will be happy to buy you a beer and explain in further detail why sam hinkie is the best thing to happen to the sixers since moses.

HINKIE!!

And... like clockwork. Another 2am rambling/angry Fixer post, ripped from the philly.com comments section. What's the matter? Are you upset that you can't argue with me on this one? We agree on the direction of this team for once. Be a man and get used to it.

Also in regards to your other post---I, like most everyone else in here, value Cutz's opinion on basketball about a million times more than yours. You'd probably have more of the respect you crave by being able to disagree with someone without insulting them. There is a HUGE risk in those first two picks. Any rational person should be able to recognize that. High risk, high reward- this much should be obvious to everyone.

Enjoy your day. Gonna be a beautiful one.

go.sixers.
    www.myspace.com
    cutz said:

yeah, pretty much. that's why anything other than an "incomplete" grade for this draft just doesn't make sense yet.

i would say this though---assuming IF (haha) these picks pan out, it would surprise me if this team is not contending for a finals run in about 4 years. and that's what you tanked for...so in that respect, i do understand the calculated risk hinkie took.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer said:

cutz said:

relax potsie weber. you sound like the turds who defended evan turner for years.

let hinkie do work

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/dario-saric-says-nba-leap-is-possible-in-2015/

HAHA>potsie weber. But, i'm nothing but relaxed.

I am letting Hinkie do his work. I have no power to stop him>LOL!

Trust me, i don't want any of that to happen, but to say it's not possible?

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

I HOPE that Embiid will be the multiple All-Star that Bill Self says he will. And, that Saric is/was a TOP 10 pick, or even TOP 5 if you believe what you read, in this loaded draft and he's a stud too.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Embiid is tweeting to Lebron about coming to Philly :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

Jeremy Lin to the Sixers?
    It's a salary dump, which is what every team would be using us for.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-reportedly-engaged-in-trade-talk-w.html

Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-reportedly-engaged-in-trade-talk-w.html

not sure i understand this one. if they get him it sure seems like they aren't in love with MCW.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

not sure i understand this one. if they get him it sure seems like they aren't in love with MCW.
    It's not an mcw thing at all. It's a lets try and get another 1st rd pick move. Eating that contract will get us a 1st from Houston.

Go Birds!!!!
    edited July 2014
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Wouldn't Lin be off the books next year? So we'd get him, a pick possibly and deal him at the deadline for another pick. Bring him off the bench. I don't see this as being a deal for the long term.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

It's not an mcw thing at all. It's a lets try and get another 1st rd pick move. Eating that contract will get us a 1st from Houston.

aren't you better off tanking yourself and getting a higher pick? bringing in Lin would probably make the Sixers a little better. isn't one top 5 pick better than two 10-20 picks? to me it is.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

aren't you better off tanking yourself and getting a higher pick? bringing in Lin would probably make the Sixers a little better. isn't one top 5 pick better than two 10-20 picks? to me it is.
    You think Jeremy Lin will make this team THAT much better??? They'll be a 15-25 win team with or without Jeremy Lin. Take on salary for this year, and acquire another 1st rd pick. Then we can use pick 20ish from Hou and pick 3-8(Sixers) to move up or trade for a player. Jeremy Lin is just a guy, he's far from star.
    Go Birds!!!!

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

You think Jeremy Lin will make this team THAT much better??? They'll be a 15-25 win team with or without Jeremy Lin. Take on salary for this year, and acquire another 1st rd pick. Then we can use pick 20ish from Hou and pick 3-8(Sixers) to move up or trade for a player. Jeremy Lin is just a guy, he's far from star.
    i said a little better. and they won 19 this past season so more likely they are going to be a 20-30 win team. and if you get into the higher 20s you are looking at picking 7th or 8th pick. i know you think you can trade 8 and 20 for a higher pick but i'd rather have my own top 4 pick than 8 and 20. but that's just me.
    What has Lin done that MCW can't do? I think you are overrating Lin. If they don't bring in a shooter, they'll have about the same amount of wins.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited July 2014

The Fixer said:

HINKIE!!

And... like clockwork. Another 2am rambling/angry Fixer post, ripped from the philly.com comments section. What's the matter? Are you upset that you can't argue with me on this one? We agree on the direction of this team for once. Be a man and get used to it.

Also in regards to your other post---I, like most everyone else in here, value Cutz's opinion on basketball about a million times more than yours. You'd probably have more of the respect you crave by being able to disagree with someone without insulting them. There is a HUGE risk in those first two picks. Any rational person should be able to recognize that. High risk, high reward- this much should be obvious to everyone.

go.sixers.
    I gave up arguing with you. No point since you are always wrong.

You have a great day. Hopefully you figure out a way to get your third DVR hooked up so you can catch every Weeds and Girls episode, rather than watch the sports you pretend to know about.

Someone told me macnow is no longer on wip. based on your recent history I'm hoping you're not the same guy (so many similarities). don't want to see anyone out of work. good luck!!

Read the history of the thread. It's funny...esp your posts.
    edited July 2014

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Not to mention they could possibly flip Lin's expiring contract at the deadline for another pick (or other asset Hinkie feels like going after). win/win situation. plus lin isn't any good anyway. he isn't going to prevent them from going after the number one pick in 2015

Hawks was pissed when the sixers hired a 'sabermetrics guy' to run the team. So it's not surprising that he's wrong about Hinkie. Esp with his track record in other threads.

HINKIE!!
    edited July 2014
    cutz said:

The Fixer said:

cutz said:

let hinkie do work

HAHA>potsie weber. But, i'm nothing but relaxed.

I am letting Hinkie do his work. I have no power to stop him>LOL!

Trust me, i don't want any of that to happen, but to say it's not possible?

Bill Walton
    Sam Bowie
    Greg Oden

I HOPE that Embiid will be the multiple All-Star that Bill Self says he will. And, that Saric is/was a TOP 10 pick, or even TOP 5 if you believe what you read, in this loaded draft and he's a stud too.
    You said the sixers had the 3 and 10 pick and after the draft have nothing to show for it (because their draftees might get injured). I'm sorry but that's an asinine comment. The fact that juggler supports you confirms that. He is as lost as doug collins or larry brown.

Embiid was the most talented player in this draft. The Sixers were lucky to get him at 3. Any of these guys can get hurt. 19 year olds are still growing into their bodies. And other lottery picks like jabari parker and julius randle have already had similar injuries to Embiid.

Just let hinkie do his thing. Sixers fans are in good hands...finally. This draft was a coup...esp if you understand the magic pulled with the payton/saric trade.

Hinkie is a fucking genius. Sixer fans really need to stop questioning him and get on board. Future is bright.....
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

HINKIE!!

go.sixers.
    I gave up arguing with you. No point since you are always wrong.

You have a great day. Hopefully you figure out a way to get your third DVR hooked up so you can catch every Weeds and Girls episode, rather than watch the sports you pretend to know about.

Someone told me macnow is no longer on wip. based on your recent history I'm hoping you're not the same guy (so many similarities). don't want to see anyone out of work. good luck!!

Read the history of the thread. It's funny...esp your posts.
    this post sums up why nobody values your opinion on stuff. you come across as a 12 year old girl.
    www.myspace.com