*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Kevin Love is going to be seriously over paid come free agency so might not be worth it for the Sixers at that point. Twolves owners says they aren't trading him but i can't imagine they can let him walk after next year without getting anything for him. I think he ends up with the Lakers.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    anyone see this shawn bradley 30 for 30 short yet? worth the 12 minutes...

http://grantland.com/features/30-for-30-shorts-posterized-shawn-bradley/
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2014

JK_Livin said:

3 and 10 is better than just 5.

there was hardly any chance the pelicans were moving up. to go through this past season and end up 3 is very disappointing to me. but there is an abundance of talent to go around.

fuck the nba.
    Coming from the guy who defended evan turner, doug collins, ed stefanski, and rod thorne

Sixers are fine. Finally in good hands. Some people here have been saying for years that this team needed a teardown.

The people who defended evan turner here reallyyyyy have to feel dumb. They have been wrong about this team for a decade. Ouch
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited June 2014
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

there was hardly any chance the pelicans were moving up. to go through this past season and end up 3 is very disappointing to me. but there is an abundance of talent to go around.

fuck the nba.
    Coming from the guy who defended evan turner, doug collins, ed stefanski, and rod thorne

Sixers are fine. Finally in good hands. Some people here have been saying for years that this team needed a teardown.

The people who defended evan turner here reallyyyyy have to feel dumb. They have been wrong about this team for a decade. Ouch
    come on dude. you know a lot of that is flat out wrong and stupid. why don't you tell us again how much andre iguadala sucks and how aaron gordon isn't a top 10 pick again, despite every national analyst disagreeing with you?

next time you post, contribute something worthwhile that we can all discuss...your middle of the night drive-by insult posts are so 2011.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

fuck the nba.

come on dude. you know a lot of that is flat out wrong and stupid. why don't you tell us again how much andre iguadala sucks and how aaron gordon isn't a top 10 pick again, despite every national analyst disagreeing with you?

next time you post, contribute something worthwhile that we can all discuss...your middle of the night drive-by insult posts are so 2011.
    Touche.
    Go Birds!!!!
    keep seeing stauskas at 10 in these mocks......if randle, vonleh, and gordon are all supposed to go just a few spots ahead of 10, gotta think hinkie trades up right?
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Must get Wiggins. Trade up from 3 and 10. Can Dougie McBuckets play D at this level?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Must get Wiggins. Trade up from 3 and 10. Can Dougie McBuckets play D at this level?

You would trade up from 3 to get Wiggins?

I think McDerrmot can be a better version of Kyle Korver
    www.myspace.com
    I guess it depends on what they're asking. If we get him he'll be a bust if not he'll be a HOF!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I guess it depends on what they're asking. If we get him he'll be a bust if not he'll be a HOF!

i don't think you trade up. there are 3, possibly 4 if you count exum, consensus top guys out there. i'd rather hold onto our other pick.

the options (trading up) at 10 are kind of more intriguing to me. to come away with one of the top 3 guys and moving up and adding a randle/gordon/vonleh would really put this team in a good position moving forward.

www.myspace.com

JK_Livin said:

You would trade up from 3 to get Wiggins?

I think McDerrmot can be a better version of Kyle Korver
    I think McDermott has way more offensive skills than Korver. Korver was always just a shooter. McDermott is a better passer and post up player. Now not sure how much post up play he will get in the NBA but his skills around the basket are really good. I think McDermott will be a pretty good pro. he won't ever be a great defensive player but with his skills i think he will be able to score even without superior quickness.

I wouldn't trade the 3 and 10 to move up. you are better off with the two picks as it's no guarantee Wiggins is going to be that much better than Parker. Ultimately I'd like Wiggins over Parker but not at the risk of giving up the 10th pick too.
    chris ford's lates mock

1-embied
    2-parker
    3-wiggins !
    4-vonleh
    5-exum
    6-gordon
    7-randall
    8-smart
    9-mcdermott
    10-saric

here are his thoughts on the sixers at 3 and 10:

wiggins 3
    This is a dream scenario for the 76ers. They would take Wiggins at No. 1 if they could, and having him fall to No. 3 would be a godsend. The Sixers actually have engaged the Cavs about moving to No. 1. They aren't willing to give up both the Nos. 3 and 10 picks, but a combination of No. 3 and Thaddeus Young is a possibility. And it's a great scenario for Wiggins, as well. Of the three top teams, his camp prefers the Sixers as the best possible fit. This could be a win-win for both. If Wiggins isn't on the board for the Sixers, I'm told they'll take whoever is left between Embiid and Parker. Dante Exum also isn't out of the question here, but I hear he'll need to wow them when he rolls into Philadelphia next week for his workout with them.

saric 10

This is Philly's second lottery pick, so they can afford to gamble a little bit here. Saric's situation remains cloudy. Will he be coming to the NBA next season or is he staying in Europe for a few more years? If he can assure teams he's coming to the NBA next season, he could go this high or higher. He's an amazing talent and with so many athletes on the roster already, getting someone as skilled as Saric to help facilitate things would be a terrific fit in Philly. A combo of Michael Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel, Wiggins and Saric would be a terrific core. All they need would need is a lights-out shooter. Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas are other possibilities with this pick.

I would offer the Lakers Thad and #10 to get Randle in this scenario

www.myspace.com
    Yes please
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I didn't see it but did anyone watch that '84 draft special on NBA Network? My buddy says the Sixers were close to trading Dr J to move up to 3 and would have taken Jordan....and they still would have taken Barkley at 5.

Can you imagine?
    www.myspace.com

I didn't see it but did anyone watch that '84 draft special on NBA Network? My buddy says the Sixers were close to trading Dr J to move up to 3 and would have taken Jordan....and they still would have taken Barkley at 5.

Can you imagine?

I'd have to reread it but I know in Bill Simmons' The Book of Basketball he mentions this. Apparantly Harold Katz wanted to make the deal and though he had a deal but Bulls changed their mind.

and if you haven't read this book Juggler you have to read it. As you know I'm not the biggest NBA fan but the book is fantastic (but really long).
    W
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    G
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    G
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    N
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    S
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I hope I spelled that correctly
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    randle's foot issue:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11070671/nba-executives-worried-julius-randle-improperly-healed-foot

seems like just a maintenance thing. can you imagine if he slips a few spots? wiggins and randle!
    www.myspace.com

randle's foot issue:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11070671/nba-executives-worried-julius-randle-improperly-healed-foot

seems like just a maintenance thing. can you imagine if he slips a few spots? wiggins and randle!

At 10 Randle might be worth it but I could be way off on the guy but I'm not a huge Randle fan. I thought he mostly scored last year by just overpowering guys. I don't think he will do that in the NBA. he does look like he has nice form on his jump shot too but didn't use it all that much at UK that I saw. Not sure how his body ends up in the NBA too. He has the look of a guy who could get fat quickly. and fat with bad feet is not a good thing for long term career.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    pjhawks said:

randle's foot issue:

At 10 Randle might be worth it but I could be way off on the guy but I'm not a huge Randle fan. I thought he mostly scored last year by just overpowering guys. I don't think he will do that in the NBA. he does look like he has nice form on his jump shot too but didn't use it all that much at UK that I saw. Not sure how his body ends up in the NBA too. He has the look of a guy who could get fat quickly. and fat with bad feet is not a good thing for long term career.
    I agree with most of what you say about Randle, but i didn't see that jump shot too much. I do think he needs to work on that right hand as i don't think i saw him use that right hand once last season>LOL

What about Noah Vonleh? I didn't see too much Indiana this past season, but what little i saw i liked. But, is he worth a #3 selection?

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

randle's foot issue:

I agree with most of what you say about Randle, but i didn't see that jump shot too much. I do think he needs to work on that right hand as i don't think i saw him use that right hand once last season>LOL

What about Noah Vonleh? I didn't see too much Indiana this past season, but what little i saw i liked. But, is he worth a #3 selection?

randle just looks like that prototypical nba power forward. he's only 18 or 19 so he should continue to get bigger. i just think he's a rebounding machine.

vonleh at 3? i think that's too high. he's probably the best of the power forward bunch but how could you take him at 3?

there are reports that embied's physical went poorly in cleveland......THAT is bad news.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    ^^^^^^Yes, that is bad news, if true, about Embid. He MIGHT be there at #3 if that report is true.^^^^^

ford's latest mock that came out today:

1- embied
    2- parker
    3- wiggins !
    4- excum
    5- vonleh
    6- gordon
    7- smart
    8- payton
    9- mcbuckets
    10- randle !