*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    So... are we still alive?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    So... are we still alive?
    Sixers in 6 :)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I haven't been in here in a while because I lost some interest, just like the Sixers.

Go Sixers. Iggy's last stand! We can only hope.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RiotZact wrote:
    i'm just comparing it to the slop we had prior to this current gm/coach/team regime. those teams were old and not going anywhere. there are young bucks to build around here if they make the right moves this summer. that is why there is optimism now as opposed to 2008 or one of those other dark years.

ding ding ding WINNER!!!

This is what I've been trying to say but keep getting shit on for saying it.

I also think they need to make some big moves this off season. Don't think they should trade Jrue though. Iggy probably and ditch Brand defiantly.

Fixer I never disagreed with you that they need to make some big moves, I just don't think they have to be such big moves that they completely suck for the next 5 years, I think they can get rid of Iggy and Brand and get enough back to stay a mid level team until they can really start climbing.

I think you guys are wrong. Being good enough to just make playoffs is the worst possible spot for a team to be in the NBA. I'd rather have them completely suck and be starting from scratch than continue to mire in mediocrity

best thing about this game today is the sideline reporter. about time comcast hired a decent looking chick
    I don't want to win this way even if it's still a long shot. That really sucks for D Rose.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I don't want to win this way even if it's still a long shot. That really sucks for D Rose.

:shock: i just saw this. Sucks.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    ZING!!! Sure it may just be blind luck but I think they can win this and they would then play the winner of the hawks/celts correct?
    RiotZact wrote:
    ZING!!! Sure it may just be blind luck but I think they can win this and they would then play the winner of the hawks/celts correct?
    That is correct. The NBA doesn't reseed. They should like hockey but they don't. If you earn the #1 seed, you deserve to play the lowest seed at all times.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    That is correct. The NBA doesn't reseed. They should like hockey but they don't. If you earn the #1 seed, you deserve to play the lowest seed at all times.

Cool, normally I would agree with you but in this situation I kinda like the rule :D Bosten/Atlanta or Miami hmmmmmmmmmmm let me think :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you guys sure are scared of miami...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you guys sure are scared of miami...

I know I am, they beat the sixers every time they played them and I'm pretty sure they had key players injured in most of them
    RiotZact wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Cool, normally I would agree with you but in this situation I kinda like the rule :D Bosten/Atlanta or Miami hmmmmmmmmmmm let me think :lol:

I cool with it this year. ;)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited May 2012
    beat up bulls or not, the young bucks are leading the way. fucking love it. holiday and turner closing shit out tonight. there's your core, people. right there. loved the defensive effort all night tonight.

this guy...set to be club boxing it up on sunday afternoon. CAN'T WAIT!

NOW CLAP YOUR HANDS DAMN IT :x :x :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    closing shit out tonight.

more like the Bulls forgetting how to play offense. 4th qtr was painful to watch.

really shows where you need a Rose to create shit...then again, even a few ft's here and there would have helped...or mabye even a fg :fp:

anyways, congrads on making it to the second round and becoming the 3rd 8 seed to win a series :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    closing shit out tonight.

more like the Bulls forgetting how to play offense. 4th qtr was painful to watch.

really shows where you need a Rose to create shit...then again, even a few ft's here and there would have helped...or mabye even a fg :fp:

anyways, congrads on making it to the second round and becoming the 3rd 8 seed to win a series :fp:

long way to go my friend.

....how many 8 seeds have made it to the conference finals? :o :shh: :D:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    it's over

Rose is obviously done. i doubt noah plays again in this series. i've had ankle sprains that were less severe then his and it fucked me for a few weeks. that was some nasty looking shit.

CJ does a decent job runnign the offense....Lucas just kills the shot clock pounding hte ball.

nobody can hit a friggen shot :fp:

and the ft shooting is just....well down right aweful.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    turner and holiday. turner and holiday. turner and holiday. turner and holiday. turner and holiday.

honestly, i didn't even care about winning the series going in (or even when rose went down) so long as these 2 guys grab this team by the balls and become leaders for the next decade. taking the series or even another game is just a bonus as far as i'm concerned.

couldn't be happier thus far.

sunday is gonna be a helluva time down there. :D
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    it's over

Rose is obviously done. i doubt noah plays again in this series. i've had ankle sprains that were less severe then his and it fucked me for a few weeks. that was some nasty looking shit.

CJ does a decent job runnign the offense....Lucas just kills the shot clock pounding hte ball.

nobody can hit a friggen shot :fp:

and the ft shooting is just....well down right aweful.

and rip hamilton can go straight to hell.

coatesville blows.

carry on.
    www.myspace.com
    Wow great job Sixers :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Sooo.......they make it through the first round then have this to deal with

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320506002

Challenge accepted
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    Saw some of the game yesterday and just realized is the #1/#8 series. :lol:

That's cool if Sixers get the win as the #8.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    bump :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    9 mins left in the game and they have 48 points.

what a joke
    The Fixer wrote:

what a joke

figures you wouldn't say anything until they started doing bad, where were you for the 3 games they did very well in?
    RiotZact wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what a joke

figures you wouldn't say anything until they started doing bad, where were you for the 3 games they did very well in?

you mean against a JV team? bulls don't have their 2 best players

if they are fortunate to get past the JV team and crusty boston, it will just further lull the mgmt and fans into a false sense of hope. they're still going nowhere fast. major changes need to be made, this roster is still a disaster
    I never said that major changes didn't need to be made I just said that they played well the past 3 games. And I'm pretty sure that all star Luol Deng could make the varsity team. Oh and Noah played 2 of those 3 games.
    RiotZact wrote:
    I never said that major changes didn't need to be made I just said that they played well the past 3 games. And I'm pretty sure that all star Luol Deng could make the varsity team. Oh and Noah played 2 of those 3 games.

whatever man, I'm not going to argue with you. you think this team is headed in the right direction and I don't. enjoy the playoffs...just know it's a mirage
    The Fixer wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

whatever man, I'm not going to argue with you. you think this team is headed in the right direction and I don't. enjoy the playoffs...just know it's a mirage

dude I never said they were headed in the right direction all I said was that they played well the past 3 games
    RiotZact wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

dude I never said they were headed in the right direction all I said was that they played well the past 3 games

aren't you the one that got pissed at me for being negative about where this team is headed? we exchanged a bunch of posts about this. I'm confused