*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Where's the Juggler been? :?

He's on probation for believing in this crap team
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Off of the top of my head YES they did in fact beat the bulls pretty bad, well over double digits I think. And I remember them beating down the hawks pretty good 2 or 3 times and Orlando. And they were stomping down low to mid level teams by like 20+ on a regular basis. Do I think this team exactly where it sits can be a top 5 team? no. But do the things I've said not draw attention from free agents and spark trade interest? I would say yes it does. Not to mention Jrue and Evan are a good few years away from their prime.
    RiotZact wrote:
    Off of the top of my head YES they did in fact beat the bulls pretty bad, well over double digits I think. And I remember them beating down the hawks pretty good 2 or 3 times and Orlando. And they were stomping down low to mid level teams by like 20+ on a regular basis. Do I think this team exactly where it sits can be a top 5 team? no. But do the things I've said not draw attention from free agents and spark trade interest? I would say yes it does. Not to mention Jrue and Evan are a good few years away from their prime.

you said they have beaten best teams in the league, then give me atlanta and orlando...and one game vs chicago :roll:

looks like lou williams is opting out of his deal after this year.

this team is going nowhere fast. they can't stay out of their own way
    Whatever I'm done arguing with you cus there is no way to satisfy you, you would still be bitching if they went undefeated 10 years in a row. Your just bitching for the sake of bitching. Your smarter than the whole sixers staff they should fire them all and just hire you, you could make things right, tell them to lose on purpose to get good picks, cus that always works out great right? Just like teams like the cavs, raptors, wolves, hornets, kings, wizards and nets have been doing for the past several years right?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    see ya next week. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RiotZact wrote:
    Whatever I'm done arguing with you cus there is no way to satisfy you, you would still be bitching if they went undefeated 10 years in a row. Your just bitching for the sake of bitching. Your smarter than the whole sixers staff they should fire them all and just hire you, you could make things right, tell them to lose on purpose to get good picks, cus that always works out great right? Just like teams like the cavs, raptors, wolves, hornets, kings, wizards and nets have been doing for the past several years right?

you forgot the bobcats....they have turned losing for draft picks into an art form
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

you forgot the bobcats....they have turned losing for draft picks into an art form

Yeah and there doing great right?!?! Oh wait no they are not, maybe the fixer isn't a basketball strategy god like I thought he was.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sorry ... but dude is right ... finishing middle of the pack every year will not get you a championship .. chicago is back in prominence because they lost big and were able to draft a guy like derrick rose ... okla city - same thing, they got durant and westbrook after losing so many seasons in seattle ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    sorry ... but dude is right ... finishing middle of the pack every year will not get you a championship .. chicago is back in prominence because they lost big and were able to draft a guy like derrick rose ... okla city - same thing, they got durant and westbrook after losing so many seasons in seattle ...

actually....

chicago lucked into Rose. the year before they drafted him, they put up close to 50 wins and were suppose to be an up and coming team. they had a solid if not spectaculor line up...and then for whatever reason, they stopped listening to scott skiles and the season imploded on them. Skiles was fired, an assistant was named interim HC and they continued to tank. going into the draft lottery, they had like a 1.3% chance of winning the sweepstakes. the rest is history.

but yes, unless you are the lakers or celtics, you have to lose big and hope a top 5 player falls into your lap. it does help to have a solid squad that craps it's pants for whatever reason. See San antonio the year duncan was drafted.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    actually....

chicago lucked into Rose. the year before they drafted him, they put up close to 50 wins and were suppose to be an up and coming team. they had a solid if not spectaculor line up...and then for whatever reason, they stopped listening to scott skiles and the season imploded on them. Skiles was fired, an assistant was named interim HC and they continued to tank. going into the draft lottery, they had like a 1.3% chance of winning the sweepstakes. the rest is history.

but yes, unless you are the lakers or celtics, you have to lose big and hope a top 5 player falls into your lap. it does help to have a solid squad that craps it's pants for whatever reason. See San antonio the year duncan was drafted.

definitely ... there needs to be some luck and a good gm ... i mean the raptors got a first pick and got bargnani - which sounds bad until you look at the rest of the draft and see we didn't make out too bad but then you get years where there are lebrons, kd, rose, wade, etc ...
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah and there doing great right?!?! Oh wait no they are not, maybe the fixer isn't a basketball strategy god like I thought he was.

stop fucking crying. all I said was that this team isn't going in the right direction. they are poorly run...have been since croce left.

this team has been doing the same shit for over a decade. how has that been working? do you like the direction that this team is headed?

I complain because I dislike ineptitude. As a fan I don't see the problem with that. If you want to be one of those fans that pretends things are better than they really are, well then be my guest. just know that you sound foolish
    81 wrote:
    See San antonio the year duncan was drafted.

that was the year robinson missed pretty much the entire season cuz of foot injury i think ...
    Whatever, IMO any team that loses on purpose is taking a huge gamble, first you have to hope you don't get screwed in the lotto, the you have to hope the players adjust well to the NBA and/or don't get injured, then you have to really hope that they don't leave once their contract is up which is almost inevitable for most teams. I think if you try hard enough and try to grab some free agent attention you have a better chance than just laying down and losing on purpose, they are both gambles and probably don't work more than they do work but I guess I'm the minority here.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Where's the Juggler been? :?

i'm here. just been busy lately.

welp...all things considered, they finished right where i thought they'd be. i said 35-38 ish wins. bingo.

still disappointing though. should have won at least 4 or 5 more and taken the division, then they'd have a better match up in round 1. oh well. make it interesting against the bulls then make some moves in the off season (def time to trade iggy and amnesty brand...lou will opting out, etc etc etc) and hopefully make that next step up in 12/13.

TAKE THE NIGHT AND RUN GENTLEMEN! :mrgreen:

carry on.
    www.myspace.com
    I actually think they can win a game or two in this series. in the end though, the cycle continues.

round and round we go

thank god for the flyers
    no they should definitely win a couple. best winning percentage in 9 years or something. so they made strides this year. those of us who watched on a nightly basis saw that.

i can't explain what happened at the end there. its like they quit on doug and then hopped back onto what he was preaching at the very end. teams quitting on doug after a certain amount of time is his MO though. happened earlier than i thought.

but this is year 2 of this thing as i see it. they've improved to my realistic expectations. had a shot to take the kind of leap that the pacers took and didn't...which is frustrating.

but it's playoff time. go sixers.
    www.myspace.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    The Fixer wrote:
    I actually think they can win a game or two in this series. in the end though, the cycle continues.

round and round we go

thank god for the flyers

Maybe 1 game for the Sixers. Still can't believe Turner was running his mouth about how they wanted to play the Bulls. That will get Rose even moer fired up....apparently him and Turner have a rivalry going back to high school in Chicago.

What the hell happened to the Sixers in the 2nd half of the season? They really fell apart there huh?
    what strides?

and yeah, once collins teams reach year 3 it's curtains.

at the end of the day this core just isn't that good. keep turner, holiday, nocioni, and young...start over with the rest of the roster

problem is still the same. need a star player(s). finishing with a shit seed and middle of the road draft pick isn't the ideal way to accomplish this. clearing cap money and going after FA's is their only hope. not sure why anyone would want to come here though (other than the money). they are probably going to have to overpay for someone to lure them in. that can be a tricky spot (see brand, elton). they have such a small margin for error. they HAVE to hit on any FA signings they make. not impossible, but I don't think it's likely either

just give us some direction. all I ask is that they have a plan for once
    The Fixer wrote:

round and round we go

thank god for the flyers

Maybe 1 game for the Sixers. Still can't believe Turner was running his mouth about how they wanted to play the Bulls. That will get Rose even moer fired up....apparently him and Turner have a rivalry going back to high school in Chicago.

What the hell happened to the Sixers in the 2nd half of the season? They really fell apart there huh?

yeah, I agree. pretty dumb. rose is going to eat his asshole

what happened? well, they just aren't that good and they proved it
    The Fixer wrote:
    what strides?

at the end of the day this core just isn't that good. keep turner, holiday, nocioni, and young...start over with the rest of the roster

problem is still the same. need a star player(s). finishing with a shit seed and middle of the road draft pick isn't the ideal way to accomplish this. clearing cap money and going after FA's is their only hope. not sure why anyone would want to come here though (other than the money). they are probably going to have to overpay for someone to lure them in. that can be a tricky spot (see brand, elton). they have such a small margin for error. they HAVE to hit on any FA signings they make. not impossible, but I don't think it's likely either

look at the steady improvement in the last 2 years. you have to have realistic expectations man. i've been saying this to you since you started talking about this team last year.

they're not in a position to acquire a star player yet so you have make due with what you have. the pacers are a great example of the direction the sixers aiming for at this point. they have a decent young core. amnesty brand, trade iguadala, free up some cash...then you might have something. this will be a huge off season. thorn will finally have to make some moves.

i've always said since collins/thorn came on board that it's going to take 3 to 4 years to make this work. they are just completing year 2.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

round and round we go

thank god for the flyers

haha...i liked what turner said. it was the truth. refreshing to hear players say what they mean even if it means you wake up a sleeping mvp giant. :lol:

they just fell back to reality but finished up right where most thought they would...slightly above average. the discouraging thing was they started losing to scub teams they routinely have beaten the last couple years. if they wouldn't have done that, they still would have won the division.

but now it's time to shock the world. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    :wave: :corn:

lets be fair, sixers have played the bulls tough the last couple of seasons. i don't see this series being the typical 1-8 cake walk that most 1-8 matchups are

i still expect to win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    what strides?

look at the steady improvement in the last 2 years. you have to have realistic expectations man. i've been saying this to you since you started talking about this team last year.

they're not in a position to acquire a star player yet so you have make due with what you have. the pacers are a great example of the direction the sixers aiming for at this point. they have a decent young core. amnesty brand, trade iguadala, free up some cash...then you might have something. this will be a huge off season. thorn will finally have to make some moves.

i've always said since collins/thorn came on board that it's going to take 3 to 4 years to make this work. they are just completing year 2.

RE: realistic expectations...I agree. and I don't think it's asking too much for them to have a plan. If they make the moves you mentioned (getting rid of brand/iggy/hawes), then I'll be back on board. that's a start. subtracting is also the easy part. acquiring guys that can play, and aren't overpaid like the aforementioned, is going to be the difficult part. My issue during this renaissance period is that they aren't as good/pointed in the direction most people think they are. They still have a longggggg way to go. so much has to go right for them to get to where they need to be.

We'll see. Agree that this offseason is huge. Hopefully they are willing to take a step or two backwards to enable themselves to take multiple steps forward.

Would you consider trading holiday? I like him, but he has a tendency to gun at times. I really think his progress came to a screetching halt midway through the year. add to that the fact that turner seems more comfortable at the 1 than the 2 and I don't think it's that bad of an idea. They could really get some nice pieces for him. I guess my point is that no one on this roster should be untouchable. no one
    81 wrote:

lets be fair, sixers have played the bulls tough the last couple of seasons. i don't see this series being the typical 1-8 cake walk that most 1-8 matchups are

i still expect to win.

they match up about as well as an 8 seed can match up with a 1 seed.
    i'll be happy with 2 wins. :lol:

81! whats up buddy??
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

i still expect to win.

I agree. The sixers are awful in close games though. don't know the exact record, but it's something like 3-10 in games decided by 5 points or less (I made that record up but I heard a stat along those lines this week).

the sixers inability to score in the clutch in close games will be their downfall.

I'll say bulls in 6
    The Fixer wrote:

RE: realistic expectations...I agree. and I don't think it's asking too much for them to have a plan. If they make the moves you mentioned (getting rid of brand/iggy/hawes), then I'll be back on board. that's a start. subtracting is also the easy part. acquiring guys that can play, and aren't overpaid like the aforementioned, is going to be the difficult part. My issue during this renaissance period is that they aren't as good/pointed in the direction most people think they are. They still have a longggggg way to go. so much has to go right for them to get to where they need to be.

We'll see. Agree that this offseason is huge. Hopefully they are willing to take a step or two backwards to enable themselves to take multiple steps forward.

Would you consider trading holiday? I like him, but he has a tendency to gun at times. I really think his progress came to a screetching halt midway through the year. add to that the fact that turner seems more comfortable at the 1 than the 2 and I don't think it's that bad of an idea. They could really get some nice pieces for him. I guess my point is that no one on this roster should be untouchable. no one

well i have always said they need to get rid of iggy and brand when the time is right. this offseason should be it, if it were up to me.

yeah i would consider trading anyone. holiday had a down year but i can envision him coming back stronger next year. he's still real young. but i also still believe in evan turner and i think he needs the ball in his hands. not totally convinced they can play together though jrue was the 2 guard at ucla. my one consistent problem with doug collins was his handling of turner. his leash was waay too short. he should have been allowed to make mistakes without having to look over his shoulder. and when he finally did get the playing time doug wouldn't use him the way he should have been used---ie: bringing the ball up the court. collins said something like turner needs to rebound to have the ball in his hands. yes, he's a very good rebounding guard but that's a stupid way of getting the ball in the hands of the guy you specifically called a "point guard."

people did get carried away earlier this season. but that's part of what makes sports fun. they were winning like they haven't in a decade. it was fun. the place was full. people wanted to enjoy and believe in this team again. didn't turn out the way we wanted but that was a cool.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah, I think the early season success lulled people into a false sense of security. This was a werid NBA season. What did that early season success really prove? I'd answer nothing

I disagree with the progress thing. Winning their shit division would have been progress. This year was more of the same IMO. If anything I think they showed a lack of progress. What players got better? I guess you could say turner, but he was so inconsistent (I agree that collins should be blamed, but that prompts more questions than it answers). Holiday - no. Thad - maybe, but he still doesn't have a position. Hawes - I'd say no.

I don't know. I don't like the roster as much as most fans. Hopefully they can win a couple of games vs the bulls, make some major offseason changes, and set themselves up to get better. for a change
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, I think the early season success lulled people into a false sense of security. This was a werid NBA season. What did that early season success really prove? I'd answer nothing

I disagree with the progress thing. Winning their shit division would have been progress. This year was more of the same IMO. If anything I think they showed a lack of progress. What players got better? I guess you could say turner, but he was so inconsistent (I agree that collins should be blamed, but that prompts more questions than it answers). Holiday - no. Thad - maybe, but he still doesn't have a position. Hawes - I'd say no.

I don't know. I don't like the roster as much as most fans. Hopefully they can win a couple of games vs the bulls, make some major offseason changes, and set themselves up to get better. for a change

remember when you gave me a hard time for saying that raptors game was a must win? it absolutely was.you get blown out by the wizards and then the raptors at home in a matter of days and you know something went horribly wrong inside that locker room. they really should have won the division. all they had to do was beat those scrub teams that they demolished earlier in the year.

kind of agree with the fact that some players didn't get better. i'm just comparing it to the slop we had prior to this current gm/coach/team regime. those teams were old and not going anywhere. there are young bucks to build around here if they make the right moves this summer. that is why there is optimism now as opposed to 2008 or one of those other dark years.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

remember when you gave me a hard time for saying that raptors game was a must win? it absolutely was.you get blown out by the wizards and then the raptors at home in a matter of days and you know something went horribly wrong inside that locker room. they really should have won the division. all they had to do was beat those scrub teams that they demolished earlier in the year.

kind of agree with the fact that some players didn't get better. i'm just comparing it to the slop we had prior to this current gm/coach/team regime. those teams were old and not going anywhere. there are young bucks to build around here if they make the right moves this summer. that is why there is optimism now as opposed to 2008 or one of those other dark years.

our definition of must win games is different. we have been thru that.

I don't think you build around role players, you build around star players. kind of a problem here
    i'm just comparing it to the slop we had prior to this current gm/coach/team regime. those teams were old and not going anywhere. there are young bucks to build around here if they make the right moves this summer. that is why there is optimism now as opposed to 2008 or one of those other dark years.

ding ding ding WINNER!!!

This is what I've been trying to say but keep getting shit on for saying it.

I also think they need to make some big moves this off season. Don't think they should trade Jrue though. Iggy probably and ditch Brand defiantly.

Fixer I never disagreed with you that they need to make some big moves, I just don't think they have to be such big moves that they completely suck for the next 5 years, I think they can get rid of Iggy and Brand and get enough back to stay a mid level team until they can really start climbing.