*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    8-)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    "the rebound thief." haha

i could see turner averaging 10 boards a game which would be ridiculous for a guard. solid win.
    www.myspace.com
    high noon showdown. gonna be linsane.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    damn forgot there was an afternoon game. :x
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    24 and 15 for The Villain. :clap:

42 rebounds...got to the line 26 times. jrue shot poorly but i thought he played good defensively and he got to the line 7 times which is encouraging.

i love this team.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    good leave so we can get the ice down for a man's game tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

haha. you looking over your shoulder yet??

I love watching the knicks lose. I can't stand them.

Just looked at the standings. Did the NBA change things so that the three division winners aren't guaranteed the top 3 spots? Looks that way based on how the standings are on espn and nba.com. That could be good or bad for the sixers. Would be nice to avoid miami in round 2 (if they can get there). I still think the heat get the 1 seed, so being stuck with the 4 could really blow.
    The Fixer wrote:

haha. you looking over your shoulder yet??

I love watching the knicks lose. I can't stand them.

Just looked at the standings. Did the NBA change things so that the three division winners aren't guaranteed the top 3 spots? Looks that way based on how the standings are on espn and nba.com. That could be good or bad for the sixers. Would be nice to avoid miami in round 2 (if they can get there). I still think the heat get the 1 seed, so being stuck with the 4 could really blow.

if you win your division and one of the other non division winners has a better record, you get the 4th seed. think it's always been like that. 2nd round is probably their ceiling anyway though.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if you win your division and one of the other non division winners has a better record, you get the 4th seed. think it's always been like that.

it was changed a couple of years ago..used to be division winners were the top 3 seeds regardless of record

now you get a banner for winning your division, but it doesn't carry any weight in the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    if you win your division and one of the other non division winners has a better record, you get the 4th seed. think it's always been like that.

it was changed a couple of years ago..used to be division winners were the top 3 seeds regardless of record

now you get a banner for winning your division, but it doesn't carry any weight in the playoffs.

oh didn't realize that. been a while since the sixers were in the mix :lol:

guarantees home court for first round at least.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

yeah, I was gonna say I remember the sixers getting the 3 seed vs orlando when LB first brought them back to the playoffs. that was over a decade ago.
    81 wrote:

don't believe it does. it gets you a pretty little banner to put in the rafters.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't believe it does. it gets you a pretty little banner to put in the rafters.

no it definitely does.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_are_the_N ... ffs_seeded
    www.myspace.com
    SECAUCUS, NJ, April 2, 2007 -- Confused by the new playoff seeding format? Were you confused by the old format?

Last season, much ado was made about the Spurs and Mavs, the teams with the two best records in the Western Conference, meeting in the Conference Semifinals because of the rule that gave the top three seeds to the division winners.

So, during the offseason, that rule was changed so that the two best teams in the conference would not face each other until the Conference Finals, even if they're in the same division.

As the regular season wraps up and some teams clinch playoff berths while others are eliminated, here's everything you need to know about how the playoff brackets are laid out.
    2007 Nifty Numbers

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Seeds 5 through 8 are the next four teams according to record (and tiebreakers if needed).

First Round matchups are as follows:
    1 vs. 8
    4 vs. 5
    2 vs. 7
    3 vs. 6

Conference Semifinals matchups are as follows:
    1-8 Winner vs. 4-5 Winner
    2-7 Winner vs. 3-6 Winner

Homecourt advantage for any series is determined by record, not seed. So, it's possible that the 5 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 4, or that the 6 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 3.

Tiebreakers
    (1) Head-to-head
    (2) Division record (if the teams are in the same division)
    (3) Conference record
    (4) Record vs. Playoff teams, own conference
    (5) Record vs. Playoff teams, other conference
    (6) Net points, all games

http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    SECAUCUS, NJ, April 2, 2007 -- Confused by the new playoff seeding format? Were you confused by the old format?

Last season, much ado was made about the Spurs and Mavs, the teams with the two best records in the Western Conference, meeting in the Conference Semifinals because of the rule that gave the top three seeds to the division winners.

So, during the offseason, that rule was changed so that the two best teams in the conference would not face each other until the Conference Finals, even if they're in the same division.

As the regular season wraps up and some teams clinch playoff berths while others are eliminated, here's everything you need to know about how the playoff brackets are laid out.
    2007 Nifty Numbers

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Seeds 5 through 8 are the next four teams according to record (and tiebreakers if needed).

First Round matchups are as follows:
    1 vs. 8
    4 vs. 5
    2 vs. 7
    3 vs. 6

Conference Semifinals matchups are as follows:
    1-8 Winner vs. 4-5 Winner
    2-7 Winner vs. 3-6 Winner

Homecourt advantage for any series is determined by record, not seed. So, it's possible that the 5 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 4, or that the 6 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 3.

Tiebreakers
    (1) Head-to-head
    (2) Division record (if the teams are in the same division)
    (3) Conference record
    (4) Record vs. Playoff teams, own conference
    (5) Record vs. Playoff teams, other conference
    (6) Net points, all games

http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

right...also that year the sixers played the magic, the sixers were the 6 seed, magic were 3. there were only 2 divisions per conference back then.
    www.myspace.com
    nice team win. Only caught the last quarter though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    nice team win. Only caught the last quarter though.

the knicks stink. they are better off benching their two "stars." way too predictable with melo on the floor. and amare looks old.

the sixers play ultimate team basketball--love it
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    E-Turnity!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    for those that need some perspective on just how good a rebounder evan turner is for a guard/small forward, i suggest reading this:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/3/12 ... ore-rumors
    www.myspace.com
    for those that need some perspective on just how good a rebounder evan turner is for a guard/small forward, i suggest reading this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... by=drb_pct

career number, 100 game minimum, def reb% for g/f's....includes....Fred Hoiberg at #7
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

career number, 100 game minimum, def reb% for g/f's....includes....Fred Hoiberg at #7

former bull right?
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

former bull right?

yes. 4 bulls in the top 20 by my count.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so looks like hawes will be back tomorrow night? that is good news but i wonder how it will affect the flow of the offense. they seem to really be clicking right now with et starting.

their recent improved offensive production sort of seems like it is more sustainable than what they had early in the season too. early on they were relying on long jumpers and were not getting to the line a lot. turner's been aggressive in driving to the basket and it seems to have rubbed off on everyone else as they have been getting to the line way more often these last few games.

be nice to win 2 out of the next 3...
    www.myspace.com
    must win tonight.

some good match ups with jrue on his old college back court buddy, et on on george, and iggy on granger. hibbert obviously has an advantage at center. but our bench is much better though.

gotta have this one. need home court.
    www.myspace.com
    Indiana is a solid second tier squad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    must win tonight.

some good match ups with jrue on his old college back court buddy, et on on george, and iggy on granger. hibbert obviously has an advantage at center. but our bench is much better though.

gotta have this one. need home court.

:thumbdown:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    well the best defensive team in the league put forth their worst defensive effort of the season.

and they were allergic to the foul line. one of those games.

at least turner put up beastly numbers again. keep it up kid. jrue played well on both ends too.
    www.myspace.com
    sixers trade a 2nd for sam young. defensive wing off the bench. guess it's needed with et starting now. gives doug another piece to the puzzle regarding matchups and stuff.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... mphis.html
    www.myspace.com
    and the bulls are coming off a loss. awesome.
    www.myspace.com
    and the bulls are coming off a loss. awesome.
    :lol:

and they played like shit down the stretch and noah called the team out for it's lack of defense lately.

on the bright side...deng is still struggling with his busted up wrist, CJ is still hurting with his busted up ankle and most importantly...Rose is out with a bad groin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg