*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm going 40.

40-26? really? that's pretty bold...

sucks they have this brutal west coast trip to start the season...
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm going 40.

that translates to 50 wins in a reg. reason, an increase of 9 over last year?

hmmmm

i'll give you guys 38 :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    john hollinger's prediction. pretty much what i was thinking for this team. 36-38 wins. hope that jrue takes that giant leap forward and then look to dump iggy or brand in the summer...

5. Philadelphia 76ers (37-29)

The limited practice time before opening day is going to favor teams with continuity, and the Sixers have more of that than anybody. The likely nine-man playing rotation will be identical to last season's; the only major change is the mascot, which they've tentatively named "At Least It's Not A Hip-Hop Rabbit."

Philly also sports a fair number of young players who should play better this season, most notably point guard Jrue Holiday and wing Evan Turner. Putting the pieces together into coherent lineups gets a little tricky, however. Jodie Meeks is the only consistent long-range threat, inviting teams to pack the paint. Sixth man combo forward Thaddeus Young, while deadly effective in the right matchup, has to be spotted carefully; he can't guard big 4s and has struggled when asked to play the wing.

The Sixers proved shockingly good when they played small with Young at the 4 and Elton Brand at the 5 last season. They could go to that option more often this season, especially since small, young and fast is likely to be a winning strategy in this season's grind of a schedule. However, they built a top-heavy roster that's dangerously thin in the backcourt, and an injury to any of their guards would leave them in a precarious spot. Philly was very fortunate in that respect last season, gliding through 2010-11 virtually unscathed health-wise, but it can't count on similar fortune again.

Big picture, the immediate future is a bit brighter than the medium term, despite the club's youth. Philly might challenge for a top-four seed this season, depending on Dwight Howard's mood, but it's difficult to see how it will take the next step forward with this group. Coach Doug Collins' history is that he gets a big boost in Year 1, starts getting on everybody's nerves in Year 2 and completely self-combusts in Year 3, which presents a bad omen. A worse one is the Sixers' lack of stars and subpar cap situation. Unless Holiday becomes a big star -- possible, but not likely -- they'll be tugged back toward .500 by two giant anchor contracts (Brand and Andre Iguodala) that have left them with their hands tied financially.

last paragraph sums things up. gotta get rid of brand. this team isn't close to being contenders
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm going 40.

that translates to 50 wins in a reg. reason, an increase of 9 over last year?

hmmmm

i'll give you guys 38 :lol:

take away the first 16 games last year and that is about what they were on pace for.

i will gladly take 38 though. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    few more hours, go Sixers!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

nice lil pregame on espn right now though. ;)

winter warmers...set to be cracked asap
    www.myspace.com

League Pass is free on comcast this week. I'd much rather watch the games than espn programming.
    malik rose is terrible

'the sixers really needed that bucket'

dude, it's 1:30 into a scoreless game :lol::lol::lol:

I will never understand why they got rid of steve mix
    The Fixer wrote:
    malik rose is terrible

'the sixers really needed that bucket'

dude, it's 1:30 into a scoreless game :lol::lol::lol:

I will never understand why they got rid of steve mix
    yeah i'm not sure why they got rid of him. I thought Rose was just gonna be doing the pre and post game stuff. Hopefully he improves.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    cannot believe the sixers covered the 5 pt spread. unreal :thumbup:
    I turned it off at halftime and caught the highlights on CSN. Despite the turnovers looks like they played well. Nice little comeback but unfortunately fell short. Not sure how the Suns are this year, but i'm predicting they get their first "W" on Wed.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Iggy does it again. Lou with 10 straight points and 2 consecutive 3's, makes all the sense in the world for Iggy to try a game tying 3 over Aldridge.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Iggy does it again. Lou with 10 straight points and 2 consecutive 3's, makes all the sense in the world for Iggy to try a game tying 3 over Aldridge.

the most un-clutch player in the league. he played well overall, but i do not want the ball in his hands with the game on the line...ever.

i understand doug's thinking with not calling a timeout to prevent portland from getting set...still i would have called one there and designed a play for lou.

tough way to start a season. blazers are good. turnovers killed them all night.

liked what i saw of turner though.

also--i liked malik rose. gonna miss the unintentional comedy that e snow provided. but you can tell rose is way more intelligent. he can actually put together coherent sentences! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

League Pass is free on comcast this week. I'd much rather watch the games than espn programming.

ah, that would be monday night football i was referring to, my friend.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

the most un-clutch player in the league. he played well overall, but i do not want the ball in his hands with the game on the line...ever.

i understand doug's thinking with not calling a timeout to prevent portland from getting set...still i would have called one there and designed a play for lou.

also--i liked malik rose. gonna miss the unintentional comedy that e snow provided. but you can tell rose is way more intelligent. he can actually put together coherent sentences! :lol:

turner...10 pts, 4 boards, 2 assts, 1 steal, 2 TOs (not sure what you saw that you liked...pretty blah game for him last night)
    cousins...12 pts, 11 boards, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 TOs

I said it then and I still think I'm right that they should have taken cousins or favors over turner. I'm going to track their stats all year.

Cousins sure would look nice in the middle for the sixers. hawes played about as well as he is going to last night...which isn't good enough. he's soooo soft

malik rose, eric snow...lose-lose scenario. I still can't believe rose said that the sixers first hoop of the game was huge. what an idiot
  • Malik Rose was brutal!

I had to watch it on league pass since they only showed the game on Portland's NBC affiliate last night, I couldn't get it in Seattle.

The Sixers played tough. I love the new Blazer aggressive offense, much easier to run without Roy holding the ball for 19 seconds of the shot clock.
    NERDS!
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

turner...10 pts, 4 boards, 2 assts, 1 steal, 2 TOs (not sure what you saw that you liked...pretty blah game for him last night)

I said it then and I still think I'm right that they should have taken cousins or favors over turner. I'm going to track their stats all year.

Cousins sure would look nice in the middle for the sixers. hawes played about as well as he is going to last night...which isn't good enough. he's soooo soft

malik rose, eric snow...lose-lose scenario. I still can't believe rose said that the sixers first hoop of the game was huge. what an idiot

i liked how evan looked sure of himself and wasn't afraid to drive to the basket. he had a lot of bullshit fouls called on him so he was in foul trouble most of the night. but 5/11 shooting is a decent start. nothing spectacular.

hawes was an assist away from a triple double. i'll take that every single night. :mrgreen:

and i liked malik rose. i think what he was talking about with that first hoop of the game for them was after they missed like their first 6 shots or something, it was important to withhold that initial surge portland had going with opening night and that crowd being so loud. it was almost like a playoff game.

maybe i just like him because he's not eric snow though :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Malik Rose was brutal!

I had to watch it on league pass since they only showed the game on Portland's NBC affiliate last night, I couldn't get it in Seattle.

The Sixers played tough. I love the new Blazer aggressive offense, much easier to run without Roy holding the ball for 19 seconds of the shot clock.

that's a solid team.

i loved the juice from the crowd there too...
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Just finally caught the highlights from last nights game, why the fuck was Lou not given the ball with the game on the line? Should have went with the hot hand. Seemed like a decent game though, based on the highlights and stats.
    RiotZact wrote:
    Just finally caught the highlights from last nights game, why the fuck was Lou not given the ball with the game on the line? Should have went with the hot hand. Seemed like a decent game though, based on the highlights and stats.

20 turnovers. it's amazing how close they got at the end considering that. you don't win many games turning the ball over that many times. limiting to's was one of the things they did well last year. interested to see how they bounce back tonight....
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Jrue was a little off with 6 TO's.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:

i liked how evan looked sure of himself and wasn't afraid to drive to the basket. he had a lot of bullshit fouls called on him so he was in foul trouble most of the night. but 5/11 shooting is a decent start. nothing spectacular.

hawes was an assist away from a triple double. i'll take that every single night. :mrgreen:

and i liked malik rose. i think what he was talking about with that first hoop of the game for them was after they missed like their first 6 shots or something, it was important to withhold that initial surge portland had going with opening night and that crowd being so loud. it was almost like a playoff game.

hawes was clutch in the 4th qtr too. that shot from the elbow was so predictable. and he gunned a three. get your 7 foot ass in the paint mary.

I don't think turner's play will ever justify where he was drafted. he was aggressive driving the ball last year too. that's not his problem...it's the fact that he plays the 2 and cant shoot. kinda important for that position

watched a lot of the sacramento game last night. cousins shows flashes of being an absolute beast. another 16, 11 for him.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

hawes was clutch in the 4th qtr too. that shot from the elbow was so predictable. and he gunned a three. get your 7 foot ass in the paint mary.

I don't think turner's play will ever justify where he was drafted. he was aggressive driving the ball last year too. that's not his problem...it's the fact that he plays the 2 and cant shoot. kinda important for that position

watched a lot of the sacramento game last night. cousins shows flashes of being an absolute beast. another 16, 11 for him.

so like i said 5 for 11 was a good start. the shot along with him being timid/not knowing his role last year were two of his main problems. so, yeah, decent start the other night. we all know his history of staring slow at every level. let's see how he improves.

nice debut for vucevic thus far...
    www.myspace.com
    so like i said 5 for 11 was a good start. the shot along with him being timid/not knowing his role last year were two of his main problems. so, yeah, decent start the other night. we all know his history of staring slow at every level. let's see how he improves.

I hope turner proves me wrong, but I think it's a long shot that he proves he was worthy of a second round pick. Sixers whiffed on that one.

vucevic is already more active in the paint than hawes. Hopefully they found a big guy that has a pair

I'm on the sixers moneyline BIGGGGG tonight. :thumbup:
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope turner proves me wrong, but I think it's a long shot that he proves he was worthy of a second round pick. Sixers whiffed on that one.

vucevic is already more active in the paint than hawes. Hopefully they found a big guy that has a pair

i got them at -1.

i think i said i would have been okay with cousins too at the time. but he's no sure thing either plus he's an immature, overweight punk. john hollinger compared him to john "hot plate" williams. :lol:

turner's a guy that is easy to root for.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i got them at -1.

i think i said i would have been okay with cousins too at the time. but he's no sure thing either plus he's an immature, overweight punk. john hollinger compared him to john "hot plate" williams. :lol:

I am so jealous of your bookie. I would put that dude out of business in a month.

cousins is an idiot and turner is easy to root for. I'll take the better player though...especially at the most desolate position on the sixers roster
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i got them at -1.

I am so jealous of your bookie. I would put that dude out of business in a month.

cousins is an idiot and turner is easy to root for. I'll take the better player though...especially at the most desolate position on the sixers roster

how do you bet on a team and have no idea what the line is? :?

http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/lineh ... &sport=NBA

solid 1st half
    www.myspace.com

solid 1st half

I know you don't know anything about gambling, but you should look up what moneyline means.

My line was 2. You always seem to have jacked lines. does your guy use danny sheridan's lines? :lol::lol:

I wish I used your bookie. I'd be a millionaire
    The Fixer wrote:

solid 1st half

I know you don't know anything about gambling, but you should look up what moneyline means.

My line was 2. You always seem to have jacked lines. does your guy use danny sheridan's lines? :lol::lol:

I wish I used your bookie. I'd be a millionaire

really? why are you always like this? seriously. why do you have to turn every conversation into an argument? what's your problem with me?

you were talking about my line being weird...i never said anything about the money line.

and seeing as how nobody had the line at 2, safe to say the site your bookie uses sucks.
    www.myspace.com