*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    I can't wait until we're breaking down Sixer-Knick games in this thread.

diehards, we are.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240

diehards, we are.

I can't wait to talk about the sixers hanging with the best teams in the NBA for 3 quarters but then end up losing by 20
    RiotZact wrote:

diehards, we are.

I can't wait to talk about the sixers hanging with the best teams in the NBA for 3 quarters but then end up losing by 20

we've talked about stuff like that in the eagles thread since september :lol: :x
    www.myspace.com
  • nobody's calling the sixers the dream team right?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    apparently they can use the amnesty clause to dump elton brand after this year. they should have close to 25 mill in cap space for next offseason, when the FA class is superior to this year's.

I'm fine with that. I hate having to watch brand lead this team to another .500ish season and first round playoff exit, but what's one more year when you've been watching the same crap for a decade?

rumor is that they are gonna bring tony battie back. :lol::lol:

hopefully this team will play bad enough to get into the lottery. anything else is imepeding their progression towards being relevant again
    One thing that doesn't make sense to be is that the seemingly cool thing to do these days is for the best players to flock to the big city teams like New York, New Jersey, LA, Boston, and Chicago. Why is Philly left out of that mix?
    RiotZact wrote:
    One thing that doesn't make sense to be is that the seemingly cool thing to do these days is for the best players to flock to the big city teams like New York, New Jersey, LA, Boston, and Chicago. Why is Philly left out of that mix?

No one is flocking to NJ yet. Daron williams was/is pissed that he got traded there.

Most of those teams are good. NY is because of endorsement potential. Guys make tons of money playing in NYC. Plus if you're single, there is no better place on earth than NYC. I love that city
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    Chicago was a wasteland for a decade.....

But if you were a free agent, wouldn't you want to play with the league mvp?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Chicago was a wasteland for a decade.....

But if you were a free agent, wouldn't you want to play with the league mvp?

Yes, D Rose is the man. But that's exactly my point, most of those teams have been crap for a long time except LA
    The Fixer wrote:
    apparently they can use the amnesty clause to dump elton brand after this year. they should have close to 25 mill in cap space for next offseason, when the FA class is superior to this year's.

I'm fine with that. I hate having to watch brand lead this team to another .500ish season and first round playoff exit, but what's one more year when you've been watching the same crap for a decade?

hopefully this team will play bad enough to get into the lottery. anything else is imepeding their progression towards being relevant again

...you getting the nba package to watch them this year?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

doubt it. I'm usually in philly 4 nights a week, so I will catch my share of games.

you gonna celebrate another .500 season?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

doubt it. I'm usually in philly 4 nights a week, so I will catch my share of games.

nah, mediocrity is only celebrated in the eagles thread by andy reid lovers. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, mediocrity is only celebrated in the eagles thread by andy reid lovers. :lol:

not true. some phillies 'fans' weren't too disappointed about one of the biggest upsets in MLB playoff history. but hey, they were only the odds on favorites to win it all (again). no big deal to some people
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not true. some phillies 'fans' weren't too disappointed about one of the biggest upsets in MLB playoff history. but hey, they were only the odds on favorites to win it all (again). no big deal to some people

riiight. yeah, that wasn't a big deal. :shock: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

it was to people in philly that know their baseball. you've proven you don't fall into that category.

all aboard!! (the bandwagon)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it was to people in philly that know their baseball. you've proven you don't fall into that category.

all aboard!! (the bandwagon)

i proved that to you, huh? sweet! :thumbup: :wave:

i don't understand why you feel the need to take every post and turn it into some stupid argument all.the.time. it's pretty annoying man.

when's the kid due?
    www.myspace.com
    RiotZact wrote:

who did you vote for? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    RiotZact wrote:

I didn't, I don't want to have a say in that joke :lol: that ben franklin is so freaking creepy looking, the dog is too so if I had to pick it would be the moose by default :lol:
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I didn't, I don't want to have a say in that joke :lol: that ben franklin is so freaking creepy looking, the dog is too so if I had to pick it would be the moose by default :lol:

what does a dog and a moose have to do with philadelphia? ben franklin is awful-looks like the mascots they have at nationals park.

they should just lease the phanatic from the phillies :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    How could Big Shot not be an option?

Then again my wife has a valid point, why do we need a mascot?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    It's insane. We didn't want Hip-Hop gone for some other beat mascots. I think they blatantly ripped off Poochie from The Simpsons. I'm for Big Shot coming back, or just bring back Phil & Phyllis from the Phils.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    What the fuck does a moose have to do with Philly? Wouldn't you have to go with Ben Franklin by default since it's a Philly team and the name is the 76ers?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    how pathetic are the sixers.....you guys are talking mascots and not Dwight howard :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What the fuck does a moose have to do with Philly? Wouldn't you have to go with Ben Franklin by default since it's a Philly team and the name is the 76ers?

No idea whatsoever. How bout just getting nuts and going with something like, "Sammy the Scrapple", while we're at it?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No idea whatsoever. How bout just getting nuts and going with something like, "Sammy the Scrapple", while we're at it?

:lol::lol:
    I actually like that - then I can get a nice fried slice of Habersett at a game....mmmmmmm
    They are about it on ATH :lol: I can't wait
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    RiotZact wrote:

OMG! those are real bad, but yeah if we had to have one (which i don't think we need one) I guess Ben Franklin :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC