*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    RiotZact wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I can't take credit for this because it was on Twitter but someone said, "The Lakers are trying to get CP# and Dwight Howard and so are the Knicks. The sixers are choosing between a moose and a dog!"

:lol:
    haha
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tony battie is back!! now I am excited for the season :roll:
    sweet.

nice to see young thadeous back in the fold so quickly. not a terrible contract either.

whole team is pretty much set (except for hawes) for the season at this point. they'll need every advantage they can get...
    www.myspace.com
    spencer hawes signs the 1 year tender. thankfully they didn't give him a long term deal.

kate fagan says the sixers will look to trade speights next. get him out of here.

and unfortunately it looks like fagan is leaving the inquirer for espn this week. that really sucks. she knows her basketball. gonna miss her sixers insights.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    That's good to hear but I'd prefer he gives the ball to Jrue.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    That's good to hear but I'd prefer he gives the ball to Jrue.

polaris loves him some iguadala. :mrgreen:

really interested to see if the iggy, turner, and jrue can all co-exist on the court at the same time this year.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Don't get me wrong, I love Iggy, he's an awesome dude, he works as hard as anyone, he does a lot of the thankless things on the court that go unnoticed and he's a pretty good passer for his size. That being said when Andre Iguadala is BY FAR the best player on your team I don't see how you can be a very successful squad, he's just not that dynamic. I hope he can prove me wrong and go out this year and average 21, 8 and 6 and we make the 4 or 5 seed then I would be a believer.
    the sixers are up by 40 points right now. :lol: man the wizards stink. more like the washington generals.

like what i'm seeing of evan turner. he's stroking that new shot...looks pretty sure of himself.
    www.myspace.com
    Clap your hands .... everybody!!!!! Jrue is going to be nice this year. Not just nice but really niiiiice!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    RiotZact wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I love Iggy, he's an awesome dude, he works as hard as anyone, he does a lot of the thankless things on the court that go unnoticed and he's a pretty good passer for his size. That being said when Andre Iguadala is BY FAR the best player on your team I don't see how you can be a very successful squad, he's just not that dynamic. I hope he can prove me wrong and go out this year and average 21, 8 and 6 and we make the 4 or 5 seed then I would be a believer.

i think team basketball wins games and iggy is a team player ... obviously - he can't carry a team like a kobe or durant but he does a lot of things that doesn't show up on stat lines ... mainly play D, rebound and run the floor ... his A:T ratio is pretty good too for someone with a weak handle ...

i would say if things are going well for you guys ... you should see iggy's line at about 16, 7, 6 with 2 steals and a block a game ... he doesn't need to score for this team to win ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

i think team basketball wins games and iggy is a team player ... obviously - he can't carry a team like a kobe or durant but he does a lot of things that doesn't show up on stat lines ... mainly play D, rebound and run the floor ... his A:T ratio is pretty good too for someone with a weak handle ...

i would say if things are going well for you guys ... you should see iggy's line at about 16, 7, 6 with 2 steals and a block a game ... he doesn't need to score for this team to win ...

i'm so conflicted about iguadala. i agree with everything you said there. though i think the ppg with this team could even be lower and they'd still do pretty well. he played the facilitator role well last year as a point forward type.

i just see him and evan as similar players and i'm not sure how they can co-exist on the court at the same time. i want to see them try but have a feeling collins will start meeks at the 2 since he's more of a traditional 2 guard, even though he can't create and do anything but shoot jumpers. turner's the better overall player but meeks may just "fit" in the offense better (with iggy on the court). turner should still get a lot of time off the bench but this is all the more reason to try and move iggy as soon as the right offer comes around.

with all that said, this team should have one of the best benches in the league....which will be beneficial playing so many games in such a short amount of time.
    www.myspace.com
    i'm so conflicted about iguadala. i agree with everything you said there. though i think the ppg with this team could even be lower and they'd still do pretty well. he played the facilitator role well last year as a point forward type.

i just see him and evan as similar players and i'm not sure how they can co-exist on the court at the same time. i want to see them try but have a feeling collins will start meeks at the 2 since he's more of a traditional 2 guard, even though he can't create and do anything but shoot jumpers. turner's the better overall player but meeks may just "fit" in the offense better (with iggy on the court). turner should still get a lot of time off the bench but this is all the more reason to try and move iggy as soon as the right offer comes around.

with all that said, this team should have one of the best benches in the league....which will be beneficial playing so many games in such a short amount of time.

they are similar except turner cannot run the floor and finish above the rim like iggy ... i think turner is gonna come off the bench not because of iggy but partly because of brand ... turner likes to post up and have the ball in his hand to either score or create ... with brand occupying the low block and hawes or whatever big ... the lane is gonna be clogged ... either way - turner will get his 30 mins ... and i'm counting on him to put up some decent numbers across the board for my fantasy team haha ...
    polaris_x wrote:

they are similar except turner cannot run the floor and finish above the rim like iggy ... i think turner is gonna come off the bench not because of iggy but partly because of brand ... turner likes to post up and have the ball in his hand to either score or create ... with brand occupying the low block and hawes or whatever big ... the lane is gonna be clogged ... either way - turner will get his 30 mins ... and i'm counting on him to put up some decent numbers across the board for my fantasy team haha ...

haha...i'm doing fantasy basketball for the first time this year. actually it's the first time for everyone in this league. should be interesting.

can't wait for the season to start.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:

you don't have to worry about hawes being on the block. dude is allergic to the paint. he's such a pussy.

I don't hate iguodala as much as most here. He's overpaid and he's miscast as the number one scorer. If they can get trade him for something decent then they should. then amnesty the shit out of brand
    polaris_x wrote:

haha...i'm doing fantasy basketball for the first time this year. actually it's the first time for everyone in this league. should be interesting.

can't wait for the season to start.

I had my draft last night. started at 9 and I remembered at 845. I think my squad is decent...I got iguodala in the 4th
    The Fixer wrote:
    you don't have to worry about hawes being on the block. dude is allergic to the paint. he's such a pussy.

I don't hate iguodala as much as most here. He's overpaid and he's miscast as the number one scorer. If they can get trade him for something decent then they should. then amnesty the shit out of brand

hawes on a 1 year deal ... he better learn to rebound if he's gonna want a contract after the year! ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

hawes on a 1 year deal ... he better learn to rebound if he's gonna want a contract after the year! ... haha

yeah, a 6'7 power forward and a center that's afraid to go under the basket. Hopefully Vucevic has a pair. I really didn't like reading this...

Vucevic isn't terribly physical or athletic, but he's a true 5 at 7-foot-0, 260 pounds and he has some offensive skills. He has a nice short-range, pick-and-pop game that he will probably be able to extend further with age, and at just 20 years old, he is still adding to his skill set. He projects to be in the mold of Rasho Nesterovic or Nenad Krstic, which makes him a very serviceable mid-first-rounder in what most considered a weak draft. The biggest problem for him right now is that his talents appear to largely overlap those of Spencer Hawes, making it tougher for him to carve out a unique niche in the rotation.
    well looks like today is mo speights day in the media. guess he's not gonna be traded, at least not yet.

dude's gotta grow up and learn that to get minutes he's going to have to play defense and rebound. he had 7 boards on friday. that's encouraging. what's not encouraging is that he apparently should up to camp out of shape. :roll:

they're gonna need him early on with that long road trip to open the season.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Impressed with this new ownership so far. If you participated in the feedback to see what the fans want then you get free tix to a game. Nice.
    Impressed with this new ownership so far. If you participated in the feedback to see what the fans want then you get free tix to a game. Nice.

smart move on their part. you know there are plenty of seats available. might as well give tix away and get parking/concession money.

looking forward to another season of 500 ball. very exciting
    way to get after it jrue...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    My uncle sent me an e-mail asking if i wanted a free ticket to a Sixers game. Apparently he's on their e-mail list or something and they sent him an e-mail for a free game. He's not into basketball at all so I was thinking of taking it. Not sure it's just one ticket or two though. I'll have to recheck the e-mail.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    My uncle sent me an e-mail asking if i wanted a free ticket to a Sixers game. Apparently he's on their e-mail list or something and they sent him an e-mail for a free game. He's not into basketball at all so I was thinking of taking it. Not sure it's just one ticket or two though. I'll have to recheck the e-mail.

gonna be in the rafters vs. a crap team i bet, but free is free...i'd go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yeah but it would be pretty easy to sneak down to a better seat with the place half empty. plus crap team = a win. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    81 wrote:

yeah but it would be pretty easy to sneak down to a better seat with the place half empty. plus crap team = a win. :mrgreen:

yeah seats are in the mezzanine level . There's a whole bunch of dates that were listed.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    john hollinger's prediction. pretty much what i was thinking for this team. 36-38 wins. hope that jrue takes that giant leap forward and then look to dump iggy or brand in the summer...

5. Philadelphia 76ers (37-29)

The limited practice time before opening day is going to favor teams with continuity, and the Sixers have more of that than anybody. The likely nine-man playing rotation will be identical to last season's; the only major change is the mascot, which they've tentatively named "At Least It's Not A Hip-Hop Rabbit."

Philly also sports a fair number of young players who should play better this season, most notably point guard Jrue Holiday and wing Evan Turner. Putting the pieces together into coherent lineups gets a little tricky, however. Jodie Meeks is the only consistent long-range threat, inviting teams to pack the paint. Sixth man combo forward Thaddeus Young, while deadly effective in the right matchup, has to be spotted carefully; he can't guard big 4s and has struggled when asked to play the wing.

The Sixers proved shockingly good when they played small with Young at the 4 and Elton Brand at the 5 last season. They could go to that option more often this season, especially since small, young and fast is likely to be a winning strategy in this season's grind of a schedule. However, they built a top-heavy roster that's dangerously thin in the backcourt, and an injury to any of their guards would leave them in a precarious spot. Philly was very fortunate in that respect last season, gliding through 2010-11 virtually unscathed health-wise, but it can't count on similar fortune again.

Big picture, the immediate future is a bit brighter than the medium term, despite the club's youth. Philly might challenge for a top-four seed this season, depending on Dwight Howard's mood, but it's difficult to see how it will take the next step forward with this group. Coach Doug Collins' history is that he gets a big boost in Year 1, starts getting on everybody's nerves in Year 2 and completely self-combusts in Year 3, which presents a bad omen. A worse one is the Sixers' lack of stars and subpar cap situation. Unless Holiday becomes a big star -- possible, but not likely -- they'll be tugged back toward .500 by two giant anchor contracts (Brand and Andre Iguodala) that have left them with their hands tied financially.
    www.myspace.com
    doc's 30,000th point game was on csn classics last night.

love the old spectrum sounds. i miss the horn and organ. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    over/under on wins is 36.5...

that translates to 45 for an 82 game season.

i'm actually looking forward to monday :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    I'm going 40.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer