*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    i know the raptors stink, but any time you can hold an nba team to 62 points for an entire game, that's pretty damn impressive. every player had a positive +/- too. good stuff.

hopefully hawes is okay. vuc played well though.

5 games in 6 days coming up. pacers on monday should be interesting. another improved young team.

what happened to hawes?

Pacers have a better record than us :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    nice ... want to raptors to lose ... can't afford to not get into the lottery next year ...

not a fan of louis wllliams ... i would trade him ... plays selfish .. team is up almost 30 pts and he's taking long 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock ... without passing the ball ...
  • The Fixer wrote:
    the tv broadcast was even better...except for the awkwardness of malik rose. best part was the camera panning to zumoff and rose after the sixers got introduced...before the pistons came out for the 'ceremonial jump ball' (which was gay). rose looked like he was going to the prom...all buttoned up, grinning from ear to ear. zumoff looked like me in 20 years when a black guy wants to date my daughter. tie undone, spent, probably drunk, somewhat confused (are we live???? why is the camera on me??? Im not ready for this!!). that was awesome

:lol::lol::lol:

So glad I have boys. 8-);)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    polaris_x wrote:
    nice ... want to raptors to lose ... can't afford to not get into the lottery next year ...

not a fan of louis wllliams ... i would trade him ... plays selfish .. team is up almost 30 pts and he's taking long 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock ... without passing the ball ...

well selfish and lazy play is what led to them traded speights last week.

but i think williams has value despite his flaws. instant offense off the bench yet not a whole lot of defense. i'm okay with the spark he provides in that role. gets to the foul line too, which is something that has dogged this team in the past.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Had a great time at the Knicks Wizards game, watching the knicks barley be able to handle the wiz despite melos 37 points makes me think that we should defiantly win this division unless bosten strikes fire sometime in the near future. It's such a great feeling when my scorecenter app goes off telling me that the sixers have yet another dominating win.
    RiotZact wrote:
    Had a great time at the Knicks Wizards game, watching the knicks barley be able to handle the wiz despite melos 37 points makes me think that we should defiantly win this division unless bosten strikes fire sometime in the near future. It's such a great feeling when my scorecenter app goes off telling me that the sixers have yet another dominating win.

the knicks still don't play any defense. sixers defense has been great thus far. looking forward to that game next week.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I took my son to the game on Saturday and I was little dissappointed in the attendance. I thought there would be a few more people. I guess if they keep winning, people will come. We enjoyed it. They announced in the 1st half that if the Sixers scored 100 points, the stub is worth a free BIg Mac. Having 41 at half this didn't seem likely but at 90 points with 3min left the crowd started chanting "We want Big Mac" clap clap.... Then ET had the ball with 10sec left sitting at 97pts and the crowd booed because he sat on the ball. It was pretty funny.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

pacers have a pretty good squad that plays hard
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I took my son to the game on Saturday and I was little dissappointed in the attendance. I thought there would be a few more people. I guess if they keep winning, people will come. We enjoyed it. They announced in the 1st half that if the Sixers scored 100 points, the stub is worth a free BIg Mac. Having 41 at half this didn't seem likely but at 90 points with 3min left the crowd started chanting "We want Big Mac" clap clap.... Then ET had the ball with 10sec left sitting at 97pts and the crowd booed because he sat on the ball. It was pretty funny.

that happens every game at the UC. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    +15.3
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin wrote:

one of the off-shoots of this schedule could be the attendance. sixers will play like 4 out of 5 nights at home from the weekend to tonight and tomorrow. that's a lot to ask for fans, even the most die-hards, to attend that many times over a short period of time. and it's pretty much going to be like that all year. lots of games in short time frames.
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

one of the off-shoots of this schedule could be the attendance. sixers will play like 4 out of 5 nights at home from the weekend to tonight and tomorrow. that's a lot to ask for fans, even the most die-hards, to attend that many times over a short period of time. and it's pretty much going to be like that all year. lots of games in short time frames.

sixers fans don't show up to begin with.

look back...they are in the lower 3rd year in and year out over the last 5 years. they are actually doing well this year at the gate. although when you look back further, when they sixers had a good team, they were near the top of the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    81 wrote:

look back...they are in the lower 3rd year in and year out over the last 5 years. they are actually doing well this year at the gate. although when you look back further, when they sixers had a good team, they were near the top of the league.

Wow. You mean to say a team that has sucked for the majority of the last decade - and more importantly, the last 5 years - is at the bottom of the barrell in attendance? Ya don't say....
    81 wrote:

Wow. You mean to say a team that has sucked for the majority of the last decade - and more importantly, the last 5 years - is at the bottom of the barrell in attendance? Ya don't say....

go look at the Bulls in the 2001 range ;)

15-67 record, second in the leauge in attendance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:

raptors ... middle of the pack despite having a shit ass team ... you should reconsider your list of those teams you would contract ... :)
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

raptors ... middle of the pack despite having a shit ass team ... you should reconsider your list of those teams you would contract ... :)

:lol:

fine fine

first up......miami.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

go look at the Bulls in the 2001 range ;)

15-67 record, second in the leauge in attendance.

Yeah, and riding the coat tails of 6 championships in the not-so-distant past is a little different in comparison. And also, it's you're own fault for showing up to watch a terrible team. Think the Swerski idiots in the SNL skit - that's for real. Bears fans STILL live through a title from 1985 and the same goes for Jordan and 6 titles.
    sixers have always had trouble drawing consistently, except for the ai/lb heyday.

even back in the barkely glory days they averaged somewhere around 14k/game. i think the same was true of doc's era as well.

this team is fun to watch. theyr'e kind of like the anti nba, nba team if that makes any sense. once people start to pay attention the fans will come out. i don't think it will ever be like it was 10 years ago though.
    www.myspace.com
    sixers have always had trouble drawing consistently, except for the ai/lb heyday.

even back in the barkely glory days they averaged somewhere around 14k/game. i think the same was true of doc's era as well.

this team is fun to watch. theyr'e kind of like the anti nba, nba team if that makes any sense. once people start to pay attention the fans will come out. i don't think it will ever be like it was 10 years ago though.

I wasn't there, but I was told from an uncle of mine that the Spectrum was PACKED back in the days of Julius and back in the days of Wilt at the Civic Center. Plus, 14k for both those places was a lot. Problem has been being a legit organization consistently.

And Chicago topping off in attendance is easier when you have over 8 million - EIGHT. MILLION - people in your city alone represented by one team. That's like the Dodgers in LA even though they haven't won shit in the last 2 decades. The Angels never counted there - well, not until signing Albert.
    ALSO - is it true that this team plays their next 16 of 20 games at home? That sucks. As much as I kinda like this team, that can't bode well down the stretch.

I wasn't there, but I was told from an uncle of mine that the Spectrum was PACKED back in the days of Julius and back in the days of Wilt at the Civic Center. Plus, 14k for both those places was a lot. Problem has been being a legit organization consistently.

And Chicago topping off in attendance is easier when you have over 8 million - EIGHT. MILLION - people in your city alone represented by one team. That's like the Dodgers in LA even though they haven't won shit in the last 2 decades. The Angels never counted there - well, not until signing Albert.

spectrum's capacity was around 18,00. they averaged 15,775 in the championship year. that was their highest average until the iverson years according to this site:

http://www.apbr.org/attendance.html

however you are right that 14k was a good crowd back then. that's what they averaged in the 89/90 season.

need to find a site that has what the percentages were...
    www.myspace.com
    ALSO - is it true that this team plays their next 16 of 20 games at home? That sucks. As much as I kinda like this team, that can't bode well down the stretch.

yeah. something like that. good and bad. they're on the road almost the entire month of april. bunch of scrub teams though.
    www.myspace.com

I can't that your city is a cess pool and nobody wants to live there. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I know hawes is off to a good start but I still don't like him. he just got swatted by a guard. take the ball strong for once. you're seven feet tall, fucking act like it and stop being so soft
    vucevic is nice though. he looks like he can play

EDIT; he is everywhere. I love it
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah he's been a pleasant surprise....wow, 8 and 6 on 4 for 5 shooting in the 1st? :o
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah he's been a pleasant surprise....wow, 8 and 6 on 4 for 5 shooting in the 1st? :o

hawes and brand both in foul trouble.

mostly tips, but it's nice to finally have a big man that's active in the paint

kid hustles his ass off and has some touch. He gets the fixer stamp of approval
    hibbert is abusing hawes
    Defense looking real good. Decent challenge tonight too. Wish Granger was on the court though.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    81 wrote:

pacers have a pretty good squad that plays hard

i guess they do. reggie miller come out of retirement? :lol:

5 in a row soon? :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY