*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    sixers are officially sold...and 9,000 tickets are officially cut in half. good news.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    sixers are officially sold...and 9,000 tickets are officially cut in half. good news.

buy a team and there is not going to be a season. and these guys are financial advisors. sweet deal made by these guys :roll:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    RiotZact wrote:
    I'm attending college right now for Sports administration and my dream job would be to work for the sixers in some way

Ehh, I did for a while. Sounds better than it is. If you want to work in sales (season and group ticket sales) for the Sixers, I can get you a job in about 3.2 seconds. Not too much else to do besides that, it's a lot harder to get in with other departments from the outside. I did sales for a little while then moved over to marketing. Was a lot of fun but the pay and hours blow.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    can't wait for the next season of .500 ball, a low playoff seed, and first round playoff exit.

would anyone care if the NBA folded tomorrow? I sure as hell wouldn't
    The Fixer wrote:

i would.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    The Fixer wrote:

i would.

same, but yeah I'm getting a little tired of only barley making the playoffs every year then getting a crappy draft pick
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    I'm attending college right now for Sports administration and my dream job would be to work for the sixers in some way

Ehh, I did for a while. Sounds better than it is. If you want to work in sales (season and group ticket sales) for the Sixers, I can get you a job in about 3.2 seconds. Not too much else to do besides that, it's a lot harder to get in with other departments from the outside. I did sales for a little while then moved over to marketing. Was a lot of fun but the pay and hours blow.

That's cool, honestly I wouldn't mind working more hours for less pay if it meant enjoying myself, right now I'm only a freshman and plus I plan on going for my masters in sports management so I really have no idea yet what exactly I want to do
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    fresh-prince-of-bel-air.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

he's a fraud. thought he was a lakers fan?

i do like hip hop not being in attendance today. hopefully they get rid of him. he's worse than swoop.
    www.myspace.com

he's a fraud. thought he was a lakers fan?
    b
    i do like hip hop not being in attendance today. hopefully they get rid of him. he's worse than swoop.

:P what about Jay-z? isn't he part owner of the Nets? i didn't think will was a lakers fan, always thought he was philly through and through, could be wrong
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Cele ... B-Dsul.jpg

a hollywood fraud is part owner of this team.
    www.myspace.com

this franchise has become the miami dolphins. average players, no direction, celebrity owners.

actually the only new thing is the celebrity ownership
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

this franchise has become the miami dolphins. average players, no direction, celebrity owners.

actually the only new thing is the celebrity ownership

this is new to you? been this way for 25 years with the exception of about 5 :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lakers blood :lol: crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

that shit was hot at the time...you know you and the homies were singing that :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

that shit was hot at the time...you know you and the homies were singing that :lol:

no doubt. that song's still cool...only thing about will smith that is :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Didn't realize Rubin from GSI Commerce is one of the 76ers owners. That's pretty awesome. Good for him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Didn't realize Rubin from GSI Commerce is one of the 76ers owners. That's pretty awesome. Good for him.

do you know him?
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

do you know him?

No, heard him speak a number of times and was introduced to him once at a local conference. Dude is absolutely brilliant though. A couple people that I work closely with know him very well and have worked with him quite a bit.

Think it's kind of awsome he was able to go from starting that company to being a partial owner of the local NBA team. Great dude from everything I hear.
    guess we can bump this thread back up. So when is their first game?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    guess we can bump this thread back up. So when is their first game?

giddy up :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Can't fucking wait, I hope I get to go to game this year
    amnesty clause and elton brand go together like peanut butter and jelly.

come on rod, do what's right and get out of that atrocious contract. this would be a move that would get me on board with the direction of this rudderless franchise.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

come on rod, do what's right and get out of that atrocious contract. this would be a move that would get me on board with the direction of this rudderless franchise.

how many years does he have left and what's your salary cap look like?

Brand is still a useful player, and if you have to pay him regardless of the waiving...might as well get something out of him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Brand is still a useful player, and if you have to pay him regardless of the waiving...might as well get something out of him.

they are somethign like 14th in salary for this year before they re-sign restricted FAs young and hawes. I think they are expected to have something like 4 mill to spend.

Brand sucks. He's not someone you can win with. His stats are deceptive. That amnesty clause is a get out of jail free card with his contract (he's got two years left).

This team is a few years away from even thinking about competing. Get rid of the old heads and keep brining young guys in. I'm sick of .500 seasons and 7 seeds.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm sick of .500 seasons and 7 seeds.

:clap: :thumbup: Ditto!!! Elton Brand was the first thing I thought of when I heard of this clause
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

expiring contract next year they are just slightly under the cap right now. i agree with you here. brand played well last year. i like him...like him even more if we can get something for him this summer or at the deadline next year.

has it come out if the amnesty will apply to players received in a trade too? if they can use it in that case, i think it's a no brainer that you dump iguadala's contract, obtain a pick or a young player with upside, then use amnesty on whatever bad contract we get in return. bang. done.

love the fact that we're actually talking about basketball again man. :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

expiring contract next year they are just slightly under the cap right now. i agree with you here. brand played well last year. i like him...like him even more if we can get something for him this summer or at the deadline next year.

has it come out if the amnesty will apply to players received in a trade too? if they can use it in that case, i think it's a no brainer that you dump iguadala's contract, obtain a pick or a young player with upside, then use amnesty on whatever bad contract we get in return. bang. done.

Isn't it fucking awesome?
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

Isn't it fucking awesome?

yessir.......nice to have another contributor in this thread too. :lol: welcome aboard :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • I can't wait until we're breaking down Sixer-Knick games in this thread.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."