*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    by the way, i loved how espn spent 10 minutes talking about the knicks (5 mins before their pick and 5 mins after) and spent about 30 seconds talking about the sixers. :roll:

funny to see their fans boo their pick though :lol:

Dude Sixers took is solid. won't be a star but that is what you get at 16. just hope be can bring a bit of an attitude. Hawes is not exactly the most physical guy. and i like taking Lavoy Allen in the 2nd round. he has NBA talent and should be a real solid rebounder at worst. i think he could end up being a solid NBA guy.

as for the Knicks i had flipped it over and saw that pick - that guy sucks. shocked he was a 1st rounder. Was never really all that impressed with him in college.

'wont be a star, but that is what you get at 16'...exactly why it was a detriment for them to make playoffs and lose in first round again. would have been nice to have picked just a couple picks earlier and gotten one of the twins

the comp I heard about the dude they drafted is mehmed okur. :lol:

The Allen pick got ripped pretty good. Espn insider said the guy has 'no motor'

last night was a letdown. this team's endless cycle of mediocrity continues....just an awful franchise
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    by the way, i loved how espn spent 10 minutes talking about the knicks (5 mins before their pick and 5 mins after) and spent about 30 seconds talking about the sixers. :roll:

funny to see their fans boo their pick though :lol:

Dude Sixers took is solid. won't be a star but that is what you get at 16. just hope be can bring a bit of an attitude. Hawes is not exactly the most physical guy. and i like taking Lavoy Allen in the 2nd round. he has NBA talent and should be a real solid rebounder at worst. i think he could end up being a solid NBA guy.

as for the Knicks i had flipped it over and saw that pick - that guy sucks. shocked he was a 1st rounder. Was never really all that impressed with him in college.

'wont be a star, but that is what you get at 16'...exactly why it was a detriment for them to make playoffs and lose in first round again. would have been nice to have picked just a couple picks earlier and gotten one of the twins

the comp I heard about the dude they drafted is mehmed okur. :lol:

The Allen pick got ripped pretty good. Espn insider said the guy has 'no motor'

last night was a letdown. this team's endless cycle of mediocrity continues....just an awful franchise

dude. again with this? :roll: there might be one, possibly 2 stars in this whole draft class at the most. maybe none. weakest draft in years. if ever there was a year to miss the lottery and gain some playoff experience it was this one.

but you didn't even know the draft was happening until a couple days ago so this post is about par for the course for you. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

but you didn't even know the draft was happening until a couple days ago :

not sure why this is relevant
    The Fixer wrote:

cuz your post sounded like you grossly overrated this years draft. which tells me you may not have known much about it.

you can argue they took the wrong guy (like i said i would have preferred faried at that point) but a lot of people agree the value in this weak draft was actually later in the first round. no real stars but a lot of the guys picked after the first few on down are seen as decent rotation guys who could end up with decent but not spectacular careers. role players. there's not much difference between them having the 16th pick as opposed to 9th or 10th in my opinion. i mean jimmer fredette went 10th. he's gonna be kyle korver.

next year's draft is gonna be solid. this year, not so much. i've been saying this all year.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

cuz your post sounded like you grossly overrated this years draft. which tells me you may not have known much about it.

you can argue they took the wrong guy (like i said i would have preferred faried at that point) but a lot of people agree the value in this weak draft was actually later in the first round. no real stars but a lot of the guys picked after the first few on down are seen as decent rotation guys who could end up with decent but not spectacular careers. role players. there's not much difference between them having the 16th pick as opposed to 9th or 10th in my opinion. i mean jimmer fredette went 10th. he's gonna be kyle korver.

next year's draft is gonna be solid. this year, not so much. i've been saying this all year.

I had been reading about what guys might be available for them at 16. just didn't realize the draft was so close to the end of the finals.

I would have even preferred the guy from FSU.

fredette is more JJ reddick than korver. just without the bacne
    singleton is another tweener. if they ended up doing that igualdal to the t wolves trade, i would have taken him. but they have too many of those guys already.
    www.myspace.com
    singleton is another tweener. if they ended up doing that igualdal to the t wolves trade, i would have taken him. but they have too many of those guys already.

I read he's a power forward that should excel defensively and on the boards. which is exactly what this team needs.

Chad Ford gave their draft a C. Mediocrity at it's finest!!
    The Fixer wrote:

I read he's a power forward that should excel defensively and on the boards. which is exactly what this team needs.

Chad Ford gave their draft a C. Mediocrity at it's finest!!

nope. he's a small forward. plays good defense. can't shoot very well. in other words he's kind of like our current small forward who we're trying to trade. he's what we already have. thus me saying if we made that trade, i would have taken this guy at 16.

here is what ford says about him:
    Positives Amazing, lock down defender
    Very long and athletic
    Really gets up and down the floor
    A terrific finisher in transition
    Good midrange jump shot
    3-point shooting range, though streaky

Negatives Has been criticized for a lack of fire in his game
    Despite his size, doesn't do much scoring in the paint
    Streaky shooter, especially from long range
    Didn't really produce his first two years

and here is what ford says about vucevic:
    Analysis: The Sixers needed size and so they took the biggest guy on the board, but this was a case of drafting need over talent. I think better players were on the board, even if they weren't 7-footers. Vucevic will be solid in the NBA, but he's far from being a potential star.

i agree. i'm okay with it (i'd give it a c too.) would have preferred faried. it's the 16th pick. not like they took sam bowie over michael jordan or something.
    www.myspace.com
    hopefully he can help get them up to the 6 seed next year. that will really be exciting!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:

Fredette is way way better then Kyle Korver or JJ Redick. Fredette reminds me of Wally Sczerbiack. He is more than a just a shooter. He has a good sized body that allows him to get to the rim. I think he is going to be a pretty good NBA player and about 5x the player Evan Turner will ever be.
    Wally Sczerbiack! :mrgreen:

haven't heard that name in a while
    www.myspace.com
    Wally Sczerbiack! :mrgreen:

haven't heard that name in a while

especially odd when somoene uses his name and complete player in the same sentence.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The jimmer is for real. He is more Stephen curry than korver/reddick/Morrison

No talk about iggy for odom?
    polaris_x wrote:
    The jimmer is for real. He is more Stephen curry than korver/reddick/Morrison

No talk about iggy for odom?

we'll see about jimmer. i hope he does well. i like him.

we talked about that trade in the eagles thread i think. looks like it was a false rumor at this point though.
    www.myspace.com
    beat it stefanski
    www.myspace.com
    beat it stefanski

yeah, now they get a kings exec running the show :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    beat it stefanski

you just can't win with the fixer :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    beat it stefanski

I don't know anything about the guy, so I will give him a shot. Just color me skeptical considering he is coming over from one of the NBA's worst franchises...and since larry brown left the sixers can't seem to do anything right

I wish stefanski was taking elton brand with him
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know anything about the guy, so I will give him a shot. Just color me skeptical considering he is coming over from one of the NBA's worst franchises...and since larry brown left the sixers can't seem to do anything right

I wish stefanski was taking elton brand with him

eh. he was only there a couple years as an assitant gm. i guess he had a role in trading for your boy dalembert last year :lol: i like his experience as an agent.

plus with harris and the rest of the group, not a bad thing when a billionare owns your team. anything's better than an owner who could care less about the franchise.

looking forward to the 12/13 season :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    there are already rumblings of collins leaving. apparently he isn't happy that snider left. I guess they were boys
    The Fixer wrote:
    there are already rumblings of collins leaving. apparently he isn't happy that snider left. I guess they were boys

where did you see that?

fagan said there is 0% chance he leaves. he's not going anywhere right now.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

where did you see that?

friend of a friend works for the nba. he always sends me crazy emails. I don't read half of it and I have no idea where he gets it. Dude has a shitton of sources
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

where did you see that?

friend of a friend works for the nba. he always sends me crazy emails. I don't read half of it and I have no idea where he gets it. Dude has a shitton of sources

yeah... he's not going anwhere. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Bump for all 4 Philly threads. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    :?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • :?

When's the season start?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    :?

When's the season start?

in about a year. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    hey I never realized there was a thread for the sixers, huge fan here, I think of all teams we're the ones that need there to be a season this year
    RiotZact wrote:
    hey I never realized there was a thread for the sixers, huge fan here, I think of all teams we're the ones that need there to be a season this year

huge fan? nice. we are a dying breed, my friend.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    RiotZact wrote:

huge fan? nice. we are a dying breed, my friend.

pretty huge, try to watch gamecast for about every game, I live closer to pittsburgh than philly so I've only seen them a few times, latest of which was last years opener against the heat where Evan turner put up way better numbers in his NBA debut than Lebron did, and we booed lebron every time he touched the ball, it was great, I wish I lived closer I would go to every game.........I'm attending college right now for Sports administration and my dream job would be to work for the sixers in some way