Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    me personally i think i'd rather them keep the 1st pick. we'll see though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Still hoping for Isaiah Whitehead. I read that last year was the only year Murray hasn't played PG. I'd be happy with Dunn or Murray but would lean Murray. That's my nonprofessional opinion.

so glad they didn't end up with dunn. with all of their big guys I think having simmons and dunn in the same backcourt would have been a disaster. Dunn might end up being a good player, but every time I hear a scouting report on a guard who can't shoot it gives me eric snow flashbacks (not comparing those players as they aren't close to being the same athletically)

I like what they have done so far. Obviously don't know much about the euro guys they took, but from what I read pre-draft it sounds like they got good value. and the turkish guy could be a draft and stash, which would be smart. I know fans want them to add pieces based on need, but this rebuild is still ongoing. they're not going to win anything this coming season so I'm happy to see them focus on value with their picks rather than using their picks to fill needs -- they're just not ready for that yet.

my stance is subject to change as I sit here with a buzz waiting for colangelo to announce some ridiculously stupid trade. thankfully none of the rumors were true about them moving up into the top 10...I was not happy about those rumors.

also, this espn coverage was awful at best. wilbon might be worse than jon gruden, which I didn't think was possible. god I hate espn, they ruin everything

(also, we can continue the lebron/mj debate another time -- I haven't even read the last couple of days of posts -- not going to tonight since I don't want to interfere with what is a big night for sixers news)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    really wish the sixers still had this 31st pick. man, that ish smith trade was dumb
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    too many foreign guys drafted in the NBA. I need to see the numbers on them because it sure seems like a shitload get picked every year and very few end up as really good NBA players.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

too many foreign guys drafted in the NBA. I need to see the numbers on them because it sure seems like a shitload get picked every year and very few end up as really good NBA players.

a lot of them are teenagers who get drafted to use as a team's pseudo minor league system. successful teams like the spurs have used this strategy to their advantage. hope the sixers stash one or both of their late round picks from tonight -- assuming they keep them both
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    pjhawks said:

Yeah, by my count ther have been 15 NON-Americans drafted in the first round. Some are reporting it's 14, so maybe i fucked up?

My guess is the Turkish dude doesn't come over for a season or 2.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,478
    edited June 2016
    A very Hinkonian draft, it appears. Good work by Colangelo in his first draft here. Very happy he didn't give away too much to move up. Still plenty of time to figure out the roster. Trust the process.

So stoked about Simmons. Just develop a halfway decent jumper, kid.

And these other kids, from what I'm reading, could turn out to be steals. The Frenchman is a catch and shoot athletic wing who also excels in the open court. Saw some pre draft reports about him being a trade up option for the Sixers. Excellent value. And the other dude is only 18 and will probably be stashed for a few years like Saric (think he was on Saric's team actually).

Clap. Your. Hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also---the Kings......hahaha.......how bad are they gonna be next year?

Looking forward to having the number 1 pick two years in a row. Thank you Sam Hinkie!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

a lot of them are teenagers who get drafted to use as a team's pseudo minor league system. successful teams like the spurs have used this strategy to their advantage. hope the sixers stash one or both of their late round picks from tonight -- assuming they keep them both
    I don't mind it so much with later picks like the Sixers did. But Thon Maker at 10, the greek and spanish (i think) kid ? Hell even Bender at #4 only averaged 5 points a game in Israel last year. I know some of those guys are really young but seems like a stretch to take these kids that high especially those who haven't played over here at all.

the highlights of the two foreign kids the Sixers took at least look like they have some talent. the French kid was athletic as hell and the other kid looked like and was said to be a great shooter.

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Heyyyyyy I like it. So glad they didn't get desperate and pull the trigger on these supposed trades.

So far so good, as "Steve" hasn't fucked it up....yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I don't mind it so much with later picks like the Sixers did. But Thon Maker at 10, the greek and spanish (i think) kid ? Hell even Bender at #4 only averaged 5 points a game in Israel last year. I know some of those guys are really young but seems like a stretch to take these kids that high especially those who haven't played over here at all.

the highlights of the two foreign kids the Sixers took at least look like they have some talent. the French kid was athletic as hell and the other kid looked like and was said to be a great shooter.

who did you want those teams to take instead? this draft class pretty much sucked
  • Options

Also---the Kings......hahaha.......how bad are they gonna be next year?

Looking forward to having the number 1 pick two years in a row. Thank you Sam Hinkie!

cousins tweet last night was hysterical.

sixers can swap picks with them next year -- then they have the kings first round pick in 2019.

All because of Hinkie
  • Options
    here's the guy the sixers took at 26. haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6xjV6k2p4
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

who did you want those teams to take instead? this draft class pretty much sucked
    productive American college players. Valentine, Bembry, Baldwin, Ellenson, Beasley and Brice Johnson over the foreigners taken 10,13, 15, and 16. I actually wasn't a big Sabonis fan at #11 either.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

productive American college players. Valentine, Bembry, Baldwin, Ellenson, Beasley and Brice Johnson over the foreigners taken 10,13, 15, and 16. I actually wasn't a big Sabonis fan at #11 either.
    I think a lot of the reason the foreign guys are valuable is due to the flexibility of possibly stashing them overseas. There's value in having a minor league farm system overseas. Not sure why you fail to comprehend this
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I think a lot of the reason the foreign guys are valuable is due to the flexibility of possibly stashing them overseas. There's value in having a minor league farm system overseas. Not sure why you fail to comprehend this
    well not sure why you didn't comprehend when i said i understand it later in the draft but not taking them that high like 10, 13, 15 and 16. wouldn't think it would be difficult to understand for a guy who clearly has a very high opinion of himself.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

well not sure why you didn't comprehend when i said i understand it later in the draft but not taking them that high like 10, 13, 15 and 16. wouldn't think it would be difficult to understand for a guy who clearly has a very high opinion of himself.
    when you're always right it gives you confidence.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

that's the funniest thing i have read on the internet in at least a week.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

that's the funniest thing i have read on the internet in at least a week.
    I was talking about me being right, not you. Not that we need to clarify that around here
  • Options
    Juggler can you change the title now? don't think they are trying to tank anymore (least i would hope not)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Juggler can you change the title now? don't think they are trying to tank anymore (least i would hope not)

I will take this under advisement.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,665
    what up, bitches?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Like what they did. Simmons is a player who makes his teammates better. Now, he just needs some shooters to pass the ball to>LOL

I like that they didn't panic and make a trade, for the sake of making a trade.
  • Options
    Pretty good scouting report on Timothe Luwawu and Furkan Korkmaz :

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/25/who-are-timothe-luwawu-furkan-korkmaz/
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,408
    Everybody didn't see this draft as weak?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Everybody didn't see this draft as weak?

was reading that next years draft is stacked -- if you combined this year's class with next year's class the only two guys taken in the top 10 are simmons and ingram.

so glad they kept the lakers pick. should have two more top 10 picks next year, along with the ability to swap firsts with the kings. put the phone down colangelo -- don't do anything stupid
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Don't they say that every year, "wait until next year's draft, it's loaded".
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Sixers showing interest in signing Allen Crabbe. This is the guy I want them to get, even though the chances of him coming here are probably slim. Sixers are going to have to overpay any free agents until they start winning some games.

Apparently Saric said today that he's definitely coming over this year.

Lot of great Sixers news these days.

Also, this is a good read. Still love this guy

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597961/sam-hinkie-just-win-tale-process-ultimate-fall