Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,393
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Jordan will always be considered the greatest because he showed up and won all 6 titles.

using this methodology than robery horry is better than jordan. and bill russell is the greatest of all time.

umm, no
    Robert Horry, really? That old argument never gets any traction and I'd expect more. Bill Russell is one of the greatest. I put him at number two.
    bill russell is the second best player ever. wow -- you must have started drinking early this morning
    It's always up for debate which makes things interesting even if you're debating against snarky comments.

I put Jordan first because of the modern aspect to it.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

I do find it funny that people choose to nitpick at Lebron rather than enjoy his greatness. His last three finals games were unreal

i wouldn't say he was unreal last night. he was 9-24 from the field with 5 turnovers and missed 2 bunnies late. he made one of the great NBA Final plays that i've ever seen with the block though. that block was insane.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited June 2016
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

I do find it funny that people choose to nitpick at Lebron rather than enjoy his greatness. His last three finals games were unreal

i wouldn't say he was unreal last night. he was 9-24 from the field with 5 turnovers and missed 2 bunnies late. he made one of the great NBA Final plays that i've ever seen with the block though. that block was insane.
    Come on...you're kinda making The Fixer's point for him about nit-picking. Dude drops over 40 points in two consecutive elimination games and then posts a triple-double in game 7. That's unreal. That's his 7th triple-double in the finals. MJ has two playoff triple-doubles....neither in the finals.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

Come on...you're kinda making The Fixer's point for him about nit-picking. Dude drops over 40 points in two consecutive elimination games and then posts a triple-double in game 7. That's unreal. That's his 7th triple-double in the finals. MJ has two playoff triple-doubles....neither in the finals.
    sorry i don't think you can shoot 9-24 from the field with 5 turnovers and consider it an 'unreal' game.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

sorry i don't think you can shoot 9-24 from the field with 5 turnovers and consider it an 'unreal' game.
    I accept your apology.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

Did you miss his block on Igoudala?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

nope but you missed my original comment regarding the block.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

nope but you missed my original comment regarding the block.
    I did miss that, my apologies. I did bring up in another thread that IF he made that dunk, that is what you'd see for the next 30 years. Instead we got that vicious pin on the glass which is good too!
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

he played great but you called him the greatest all around basketball player ... not sure how you can say that when his shooting stats aren't in the elite category ...
    I thought you were being sarcastic.

He shot 53% from the field in the playoffs this year. His shooting looked fine to me
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

He had a triple double and his block was arguably the biggest play of the game (along with Kyrie's nut shot into curry's eye -- I'm sure steph is used to those)
  • Options

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

Boom. You'd think some people around here would cease to argue with me after the last 7 years. Yet they keep coming back for more. haha
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

he played great but you called him the greatest all around basketball player ... not sure how you can say that when his shooting stats aren't in the elite category ...

He shot 53% from the field in the playoffs this year. His shooting looked fine to me
    dude ... look at his true shooting stats ... his 53% is a lot from dunks ... he's one of the worst shooters outside the paint ... only shot like 30% from 3 and 74% from the line this year ... he is not an elite shooter of the basketball ...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

dude ... look at his true shooting stats ... his 53% is a lot from dunks ... he's one of the worst shooters outside the paint ... only shot like 30% from 3 and 74% from the line this year ... he is not an elite shooter of the basketball ...
    I never said he was an 'elite' shooter, but he is an elite scorer. In games 5 and 6 golden state made him shoot jumpers and he killed them. In game 7 his jumper wasn't falling so he scored in other ways...and also did other things to help his team win (triple double -- again)

Sometimes I wonder if people watch these games
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

I never said he was an 'elite' shooter, but he is an elite scorer. In games 5 and 6 golden state made him shoot jumpers and he killed them. In game 7 his jumper wasn't falling so he scored in other ways...and also did other things to help his team win (triple double -- again)

you called him the best all around basketball player ... just not sure how you can say that when his shot isn't quite there ... like i said - i'd pick him first overall all ... he can dominate his game because of his athleticism and his ability to see the floor ... it's that athleticism that sets him apart ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

"Of the basketball....."

You actually typed that.

Anyway, his shooting is serviceable enough. Would your rather a Curry or Thompson who can shoot lights out but their attempts to get to the rack look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTu4Ttiohp0

Or would you rather a James who can shoot well enough to rip your heart out with a three (like he did last night actually. He missed several threes before nailing a huge one late in the 4th) but his attempts to get to the rack look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg1-5pCVT0

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    see my post above ... already said the guy is freakishly athletic ... but he's not a great shooter ... the stats don't lie ... you guys love talking about his triple double stats but don't seem to care he only shoots 74% from the FT line ...

and the game has changed ... you see him flopping all over the place now - in the 80's and 90's - he wouldn't have to fake his pain ... he'd be on his ass ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

you called him the best all around basketball player ... just not sure how you can say that when his shot isn't quite there ... like i said - i'd pick him first overall all ... he can dominate his game because of his athleticism and his ability to see the floor ... it's that athleticism that sets him apart ...
    Lebron's shot was off this year, no doubt about it. He started to gain confidence in it towards the end of the season though. I can guarantee he will be working on that in the off season. Watch what he does next year.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

you're acting like he's mark jackson or eric snow as a shooter. he is the best all around player ever
  • Options
    edited June 2016

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

"Of the basketball....."

You actually typed that.

Anyway, his shooting is serviceable enough. Would your rather a Curry or Thompson who can shoot lights out but their attempts to get to the rack look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTu4Ttiohp0

Or would you rather a James who can shoot well enough to rip your heart out with a three (like he did last night actually. He missed several threes before nailing a huge one late in the 4th) but his attempts to get to the rack look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg1-5pCVT0
    Awesome. And jordan couldn't play that kind of defense against all five positions.

remember this? also in the finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8-PbK1wmY
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

and the game has changed ... you see him flopping all over the place now - in the 80's and 90's - he wouldn't have to fake his pain ... he'd be on his ass ...

He does flop too much. But really...everyone does. I guess it's just more noticeable when it's him because he's by far the best player and everybody watches his every move. That said, I'd bet he'd have a different mentality if he was around 20 or 30 years ago. He'd have to. When Lamibeer or Mahorn are out there head-hunting, you can't show weakness. And flopping does show a little weakness. If nothing else, a lack of pride.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Did Lebron mouth "MVP" to Curry?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

haha, awesome!

Lebron's shot was off this year, no doubt about it. He started to gain confidence in it towards the end of the season though. I can guarantee he will be working on that in the off season. Watch what he does next year.
    he's never been a great shooter ... look at his career numbers ... don't let the fact that he dunks more than dwight howard these days cloud the fact he just isn't a great shooter ... his FT % should be indicative of that ...
  • Options

polaris_x said:

He does flop too much. But really...everyone does. I guess it's just more noticeable when it's him because he's by far the best player and everybody watches his every move. That said, I'd bet he'd have a different mentality if he was around 20 or 30 years ago. He'd have to. When Lamibeer or Mahorn are out there head-hunting, you can't show weakness. And flopping does show a little weakness. If nothing else, a lack of pride.
    dude takes it to the rim without fear now ... pretty sure if he had that many dunks back then - he'd be on his ass a lot and we know lebron doesn't like to be on his ass ... but then again - maybe he's a bit princessy because that's the way the game is now ...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Lebron has better VORP and WS numbers than MJ already. He is the best all around player ever.

(juggler said garnett is fourth all time in VORP, which is completely inaccurate. not sure what list he's looking at)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZqOTIbWDg
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    latest rumor is noel and the 24th pick to boston for the 3rd pick so they can take dunn (who I don't like at all).

potential moves like this are exactly why colangelo terrifies me as a sixers fan
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    The Fixer said:

latest rumor is noel and the 24th pick to boston for the 3rd pick so they can take dunn (who I don't like at all).

potential moves like this are exactly why colangelo terrifies me as a sixers fan

Christ almighty. I was hearing this. First, I was going to say who ever does go to Boston, watch, will become a Hall of Famer (this is the Philly in me. Plus, fucking Colangelo). Second, why the fuck do I feel like they just have to make a trade as if they can't help themselves.

This whole thing is about to go to shit.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

why would Boston do that?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The Fixer said:

Christ almighty. I was hearing this. First, I was going to say who ever does go to Boston, watch, will become a Hall of Famer (this is the Philly in me. Plus, fucking Colangelo). Second, why the fuck do I feel like they just have to make a trade as if they can't help themselves.

This whole thing is about to go to shit.
    yeah dude, sadly I agree. I really hate taking a PG in the top 5 if it's not a possibility for that player to become a superstar. PG is easiest position to fill. Trading assets to move up just makes this worse

Let's call them the Colon Jellos from now on