*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

See you there Clifton

Word. Should be a good time.
    Been looking forward to it for about 3 years now. haha
    haha, yeah, no doubt. I think they are going to have a massive clean up of the court before the game when 12k people splurge when Simmons is announced.
    spooge
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • See you there Clifton

Word. Should be a good time.
    Been looking forward to it for about 3 years now. haha
    haha, yeah, no doubt. I think they are going to have a massive clean up of the court before the game when 12k people splurge when Simmons is announced.
    spooge
    Splooge.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    You gotta be kidding me?

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/simmons-suffers-ankle-fracture/

Injury Update: Ben Simmons Fractures Bone in Foot

Posted: Sep 30, 2016

Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons rolled his right ankle during the final scrimmage of the team's 2016 Training Camp at Stockton University earlier today.

After receiving an X-ray and MRI of the foot and ankle, the images were reviewed by Sixers Head Physician Dr. Christopher Dodson and Sixers Chief Medical Officer and Co-Chief of Sports Medicine Orthopedics at New York's Mount Sinai Medical Center Dr. Jonathan Glashow.

It was determined that Simmons suffered a fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone of his right foot.

Further medical evaluation and treatment options are being considered at this time and additional updates will be provided when appropriate
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    cutz said:

You gotta be kidding me?

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/simmons-suffers-ankle-fracture/

Injury Update: Ben Simmons Fractures Bone in Foot

Posted: Sep 30, 2016

Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons rolled his right ankle during the final scrimmage of the team's 2016 Training Camp at Stockton University earlier today.

After receiving an X-ray and MRI of the foot and ankle, the images were reviewed by Sixers Head Physician Dr. Christopher Dodson and Sixers Chief Medical Officer and Co-Chief of Sports Medicine Orthopedics at New York's Mount Sinai Medical Center Dr. Jonathan Glashow.

It was determined that Simmons suffered a fracture of the fifth metatarsal bone of his right foot.

Further medical evaluation and treatment options are being considered at this time and additional updates will be provided when appropriate

hopefully he won't miss too much time
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    So that open opener got a lot more boring...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Curse of Samuel William Wallace Hinkie!

Doomed you be
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    This team is cursed
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

This team is cursed

karma, the basketball gods have gotten back at the Sixers for the embarrassing effort to be competitive instituted by Hinkie the last 3 years.
    the good news is with Hinkie not around anymore there is probably a good chance Simmons will actually step on the court at some point this seaosn. if Hinkie was still here we'd have to wait another whole season.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Classic Sixers.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Why can't we have nice things? 4 years in a row our 1st pick misses time with a significant injury.

Other teams have tanked and won championships from it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Why can't we have nice things? 4 years in a row our 1st pick misses time with a significant injury.

At least it's only a couple months. Puts a damper on the start to the season....but I'm still super stoked to see Joel and Dario make their debuts.

Gonna be an interesting experiment this year
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin said:

1st pick in NBA draft and 2nd pick in NFL draft both get hurt in pre-season. thankfully Wentz came back.

the next bet should be how many games do Embiid and Simmons actually play together this year? i'd put over/under at 18
    I was on a treadmill at the gym Friday night when it came on the bottom line and almost yelled fuck out loud. Just when things appeared that they were pointing in the right direction. The only good news out of this is that maybe the Sixers' ticket reps will stop calling me now.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:

This team is cursed

karma, the basketball gods have gotten back at the Sixers for the embarrassing effort to be competitive instituted by Hinkie the last 3 years.
    the good news is with Hinkie not around anymore there is probably a good chance Simmons will actually step on the court at some point this seaosn. if Hinkie was still here we'd have to wait another whole season.
    i think it's a combo of both
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Rumors of Simmons' agent wanting him to sit out the season now....

Joel and Dario in starting lineup tomorrow night. Pretty fired up for a preseason game!
    www.myspace.com

Joel and Dario in starting lineup tomorrow night. Pretty fired up for a preseason game!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rumor-agent-rich-paul-wont-let-ben-simmons-play-for-sixers-this-season/

Rumor: Agent Rich Paul won't let Ben Simmons play for Sixers this season

Here's a heck of a rumor involving the Philadelphia 76ers: Ben Simmons' agent, Rich Paul, might not want his client to play at all for the Philadelphia 76ers this season, according to the Philadelphia Daily News' Bob Cooney. Simmons, the No. 1 pick in the draft, broke his foot last Friday and is expected to have surgery.
    Follow
    975TheFanatic @975TheFanatic
    "I just got off the phone with someone I trust who said there's no way his agent will let him play this season" - @BobCooney76 on Simmons

Let's be clear on what this is: Cooney said the above in a radio interview. He has not reported that Paul will absolutely hold Simmons out. Sixers president Bryan Colangelo said on Sunday that, while the team will not rush him back, there is no timetable yet. On Twitter, Cooney clarified the situation:

As I just wrote, opinions on Simmons vary, from doctors to people around the league. Some believe he'll be back this year, this one didn't.

The reality is that no one knows for sure when Simmons will return. In 2013, Portland Trail Blazers rookie C.J. McCollum broke his foot on Oct. 5 and made his NBA debut on Jan. 8. That same year, Philadelphia held out big man Nerlens Noel for the entire season as he recovered from a torn ACL. The Sixers have also been cautious with center Joel Embiid, who was drafted in 2014 and is set to play his first game as a professional on Tuesday.
    Like any sane agent, Paul will surely not want Simmons to play basketball again until he's healthy enough to do so. In this case, though, that's not a conflict with the team's perspective. Philadelphia is obviously still rebuilding, and Colangelo acknowledged that "this might slow things down for Ben and for us." This is not to say that Simmons will sit out the whole season, but it would be wise for Sixers fans to keep their expectations low for now.
    James Herbert

I saw Saric play some games in the Olympics and he played pretty well.

"IF" Simmons doesn't play this year, the Sixers record will not be as good, obviously, and they'll get another high draft pick. Next June's Draft is suppose to be loaded. And, don't forget, they have the Lakers pick, though i still think it's Top 3 protected.
    cutz said:

"IF" Simmons doesn't play this year, the Sixers record will not be as good, obviously, and they'll get another high draft pick. Next June's Draft is suppose to be loaded. And, don't forget, they have the Lakers pick, though i still think it's Top 3 protected.
    No doubt. There is absolutely no reason to bring him back before they can be assured he is 100% healthy...
    www.myspace.com
    If he's healthy, he should play. The agent probably wants to keep him out so he'll be eligible for ROY consideration next year.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    He should be fine by Christmas...he better play.
    Wow Embiid looks a lot better than I thought for his first time out there. Dario and Sergio look good too.

www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Wow Embiid looks a lot better than I thought for his first time out there. Dario and Sergio look good too.

He got twisted switching up players on D and fell to the ground like he messed up his knee. I automatically thought he was dead.

yeah i heard that too. i would like to see him play this year though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    cutz said:

Well, one of the Top picks is hurt AGAIN!

NBA scouts are concerned about another knee surgery for Duke's Harry Giles

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-scouts-are-concerned-about-another-knee-surgery-for-dukes-harry-giles/

Harry Giles' third knee surgery since 2013 should prevent the Duke freshman from being seriously considered for the No. 1 overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft, multiple NBA scouts have told CBS Sports.
    "It's a huge concern -- and I felt that way before this latest injury," said an NBA scout who spoke to CBS Sports on the condition of anonymity after Duke announced Giles will be sidelined another six weeks following Monday's arthroscopic surgery. "I don't think you can responsibly consider him for No. 1, and maybe not even the top five, now. There are too many other good players without the medical red flags."
    Giles tore the ACL, MCL and meniscus in his left knee in 2013 while competing for USA Basketball, then tore the ACL in his right knee last November during a high school game. The No. 2 overall prospect in the Class of 2016, according to 247Sports, had been rehabbing that right knee for the past 10 months but was never cleared for basketball activities. Now Monday's third surgery will push the 6-foot-11 forward's return back farther than anybody ever anticipated and probably have Giles sidelined when Duke opens Nov. 11 against Marist at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
    CBS Sports spoke to five NBA scouts about Giles on Monday night, and three said they'd now have a hard time even considering Giles for the No. 1 overall pick. Their reasons varied, though. One said he just wouldn't want to use the top pick, or even a top-five pick, on somebody with two torn ACLs who clearly hasn't responded well to rehab over the past year, plain and simple. The other two said they might still consider Giles for No. 1 in a weak draft but not in this draft given that there are other elite prospects without medical red flags.

"If you can get [Duke freshman] Jayson Tatum with no red flags or [Washington freshman] Markelle Fultz with no red flags, it's just not worth it to risk things with Giles," one scout said. "All things equal, I might prefer Giles. But things aren't equal. And I'd hate to be the team to spend the top pick on somebody with these injuries in his past and then end up with a Greg Oden situation or a Joel Embiid situation."
    The other two scouts CBS Sports contacted said their approach will be to first see if Giles returns and looks like the same type of player and athlete who once made analysts project him as a future No. 1 pick. If he doesn't, it's a non-starter. But if he does, they said, they'd then simply rely on the opinion of their doctors.
    "It will all depend on what the docs say in terms of future risk," said one scout. "It's definitely a concern that will be given a deep dive into. But it'll still all depend on what the docs say."
    Added another scout: "Totally depends on what the doctors say. If they say the knee looks good as new, then it'll be pretty much a non-issue. For example, [Magic forward] Aaron Gordon had ACL surgery in seventh grade. But the docs said it healed great, and no one was worried about it. ... But this is assuming Giles is the same player still. If, as a result of the injuries, he's not the same athlete that he was a year ago or two years ago then, yeah, it's gonna hurt his stock quite a bit."
    Gary Parrish
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Quadruple Tank Time?

He got twisted switching up players on D and fell to the ground like he messed up his knee. I automatically thought he was dead.
    Ha...for a split second, yeah. Every time he hits the floor will be nerve wracking I guess.

Dario's shot looked good. Also happy with how Sergio looked for the most part.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Ha...for a split second, yeah. Every time he hits the floor will be nerve wracking I guess.

Dario's shot looked good. Also happy with how Sergio looked for the most part.
    Absolutely. Every time he did anything all I could think was, "....he's amazing.....welp, there it goes, season's over." I'm going to this the remainder of his career.

I know they talk about how Saric is another player in the blockade at the 4, but I'd easily play him at 3. I didn't see much of him last night - didn't tune in until the end of the 2nd - but maybe they were doing this?
    So after waiting 833 days since he was drafted, I rush home from the gym to watch the game. My DVR was set and I was going to be 10min late. I notice a utility van on the backside of my house then I pull into my driveway. My wife was outside with the dog and I ask if the electricity is out and she says" no, the cable is". Are you fucking kidding me? I missed the 1st half.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Career Win %
    Jerry West… .638
    Michael Jordan… .659
    Tim Duncan… .712
    Bill Russell… .717
    Larry Bird… .736
    Joel Embiid… 1.000
    www.myspace.com

Career Win %