Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    polaris_x said:

always was a fan of his and the way he played the game ... you need guys like that on your team if you are gonna win a championship ... two-way unselfish players ...

Iggy is in a good situation. still think he shoots too many 3s but not having to be the man really works for him. Golden State shares the ball so well. They are a joy to watch offensively.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2016

Love seeing Iguadala shut down Lebron yet again...

The Iguodala effect:

Here's a look at LeBron James' 2016 Finals numbers with Andre Iguodala on/off the court.
    On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

this is funny. pretty much playing a box and one...but people will give one guy all the credit. the key to golden state's defense is bogut, not iguodala

also, kyrie irving is horrendous -- at everything except dribbling around like an ass hole
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

Here's a look at LeBron James' 2016 Finals numbers with Andre Iguodala on/off the court.
    On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

this is funny. pretty much playing a box and one...but people will give one guy all the credit. the key to golden state's defense is bogut, not iguodala

also, kyrie irving is horrendous -- at everything except dribbling around like an ass hole
    They rotate a ton but if you're saying Iguodala is not having a big effect on Lebron (just like he did last year), I think you're watching a different sport.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

They rotate a ton but if you're saying Iguodala is not having a big effect on Lebron (just like he did last year), I think you're watching a different sport.
    he's a good defender. to say he's 'shutting him down again' is silly
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

Well he won the MVP last year largely for his d on Lebron. But, yeah, you can't really shut Lebron down. You can only hope to contain him. I think Iguadala does that about as good as anyone in the league.

If Lebron remembers how to shoot the ball, that would obviously change things
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

Well he won the MVP last year largely for his d on Lebron. But, yeah, you can't really shut Lebron down. You can only hope to contain him. I think Iguadala does that about as good as anyone in the league.

Iguodala's offense had more to do with him winning MVP than his defense. He was golden state's second leading scorer -- shot 50% from the field and 40% on threes.

Golden state plays great team defense. It's ridiculous to say iguodala 'shut him down again'. That's actually one of the funniest things in a while in these threads
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

Iguodala's offense had more to do with him winning MVP than his defense. He was golden state's second leading scorer -- shot 50% from the field and 40% on threes.

Golden state plays great team defense. It's ridiculous to say iguodala 'shut him down again'. That's actually one of the funniest things in a while in these threads
    Didn't LeBron almost average a triple-double last year? Without him the Cavs don't make it to 6 games last year.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

Didn't LeBron almost average a triple-double last year? Without him the Cavs don't make it to 6 games last year.
    Lebron's always gonna get his numbers that traditional fans will point to. But he was very inefficient last year, and so far this year, largely because of Iggy
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/andre-iguodalas-defense-on-lebron-helps-him-win-finals-mvp/

http://www.businessinsider.com/andre-iguodala-studied-how-to-guard-lebron-james-for-11-years-2015-6

James' shooting in NBA Finals
    When guarded by Andre Iguodala
    CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%
    Avg. shot distance 11.0 ft 16.5 ft
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106613/iggy-makes-lebrons-shooting-iffy
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

Lebron's always gonna get his numbers that traditional fans will point to. But he was very inefficient last year, and so far this year, largely because of Iggy
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/andre-iguodalas-defense-on-lebron-helps-him-win-finals-mvp/

http://www.businessinsider.com/andre-iguodala-studied-how-to-guard-lebron-james-for-11-years-2015-6

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106613/iggy-makes-lebrons-shooting-iffy
    I just asked the question>LOL>I'll take that stat with a grain of salt(just like the WAR stat in baseball). It's not like James & Iggy are out on the court playing one-on-one.

Inefficient? WOW>I wish the 76ers had a inefficient LeBron James>LOL
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%
    I just asked the question>LOL>I'll take that stat with a grain of salt(just like the WAR stat in baseball). It's not like James & Iggy are out on the court playing one-on-one.

Well he's a career 49% shooter who shot 39% and 30% from the perimeter. That's not WAR, that's shooting percentage, Cutz. Granted he did not have a lot of help, but how can you say that is efficient? And while they rotate a lot, Iggy was and this year is, his primary defender.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lebron averaged 36 pts per game in the finals last year. saying he was shut down is just flat out dumb
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

lebron averaged 36 pts per game in the finals last year. saying he was shut down is just flat out dumb

Yeah lots of points. They are easy to point to. However he got them in a horribly efficient way. Forcing the second best player in the game to shoot 11 for 46 on contested shots is good defense.

And I already said shut down was a poor choice of words. He defended him about as well as anyone could have.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

Well he's a career 49% shooter who shot 39% and 30% from the perimeter. That's not WAR, that's shooting percentage, Cutz. Granted he did not have a lot of help, but how can you say that is efficient? And while they rotate a lot, Iggy was and this year is, his primary defender.
    I take the stat regarding Iggy, because ther is more then 2 players on the court with a grain of salt(Same as WAR, for me). But, he is doing a good job. I'll give him that.

You wouldn't take LeBron on the 76ers?>LOL>Inefficient or not, i'd take him>LOL
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

I take the stat regarding Iggy, because ther is more then 2 players on the court with a grain of salt(Same as WAR, for me). But, he is doing a good job. I'll give him that.

Of course I would. I called him the second best player of all time.

But that 11 for 46 stat is shots contested by Iguodala. There are not many other players in the league who defend Lebron as well as he does....and he's doing another good job of it tonight, so far.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

But that 11 for 46 stat is shots contested by Iguodala. There are not many other players in the league who defend Lebron as well as he does....and he's doing another good job of it tonight, so far.
    2nd best? Who's the best?

Russell?
    Chamberlain?
    Jordan?
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

Russell?
    Chamberlain?
    Jordan?
    MJ...no?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

Russell?
    Chamberlain?
    Jordan?

what about Magic and Bird? Not sure LeBron has even reached #2 status yet let alone #1.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

Russell?
    Chamberlain?
    Jordan?

what about Magic and Bird? Not sure LeBron has even reached #2 status yet let alone #1.
    or #10 :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Iguodala effect:

On Off
    Min. PG 28.4 8.9
    PPG 17.0 4.0
    FG% 40% 50%
    +/- -41 +12

CONTESTED UNCONTESTED
    Pct. of attempts 85% 15%
    FG 11-46 7-8
    FG pct. 24% 88%

Russell?
    Chamberlain?
    Jordan?
    MJ...no?
    I don't know, i asked you>LOL>Can't go wrong with Jordan.

I know some basketball scouts(scout HS talent for Colleges), who are in ther late 60's & 70's(in fact one actually played against Wilt in HS), and they said Chamberlain was the BEST they've ever seen.

LeBron may be in the top 5 now, but you can make a case for Magic & Bird, without a doubt. Probably splitting a hair there. You can throw Oscar Robertson in there too. Kareem also.

LeBron has been in the top 10 for a few years already, and he has a few great/good years left in him.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    My old man laughed at people who said Jordan was better chamberlain. I don't know if he is right or wrong but he thought it was a joke anyone would even compare them
  • Options

My old man laughed at people who said Jordan was better chamberlain. I don't know if he is right or wrong but he thought it was a joke anyone would even compare them

My dad says the same shit. He also hated sam hinkie which makes him clueless. wilt played against guys who were my size.

lebron is the greatest player of all time. jordan may have been a better scorer but he couldn't do half of the shit lebron does.

last night was awesome. curry is such a little bitch
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    The Fixer said:

My dad says the same shit. He also hated sam hinkie which makes him clueless. wilt played against guys who were my size.

lebron is the greatest player of all time. jordan may have been a better scorer but he couldn't do half of the shit lebron does.

Yeah, but the same thing could be said for LeBron. Dude is a genetic beast.

I just can't stand LeBron because a guy that big shouldn't be a whiny bitch.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

today's nba has more talented players than the league has ever had.

lebron is such a tank that I don't think he gets half of the calls he should get.

this series has been awesome -- really hope the cavs win on sunday (4.5 point dogs)
  • Options
    You think Lebron is better than Jordan? Really?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You think Lebron is better than Jordan? Really?

all around players - yes
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Jordan won 6 titles (and probably would have been 7 if not for his 'sabbatical') in a tougher NBA era. . Jordan was also a much better defensive player than Lebron is. Lebron is not at Michael's level.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

Jordan won 6 titles (and probably would have been 7 if not for his 'sabbatical') in a tougher NBA era. . Jordan was also a much better defensive player than Lebron is. Lebron is not at Michael's level.
    jordan played in an expansion era

fact that I disagree with you proves I'm right. hahahahah
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    edited June 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

lebron is such a tank that I don't think he gets half of the calls he should get.

this series has been awesome -- really hope the cavs win on sunday (4.5 point dogs)
    He probably doesn't, but he sure doesn't shut the fuck up about it. I have no dog in any fight LeBron is involved in, I just like to watch him whine and bitch as he "crab dribbles" to the net while plowing through guys half his size and then bitch that they slapped his wrist.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

He probably doesn't, but he sure doesn't shut the fuck up about it. I have no dog in any fight LeBron is involved in, I just like to watch him whine and bitch as he "crab dribbles" to the net while plowing through guys half his size and then bitch that they slapped his wrist.
    so fouls don't count if guys are bigger? I'm confused, never knew that rule