Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    Glad it was first ballot. I thought there were rumblings about it not being first ballot because of how his career ended a few years back.

Greatest scoring little man of all time?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Congrats AI! image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Calling Jay Wright!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    JK_Livin said:

Calling Jay Wright!

NO!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Calling Jay Wright!

NO!
    HAHA
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Grayson Allen is returning to Duke for his junior year.

You tanked for nothing! NOTHING!!!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The bright side is that the 24th Plumlee brother will be available!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Hinke's out.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Hinke's out.

sucks. colangelo's son will probably get the job.

I'm bummed. Hinkie didn't make one bad move during his tenure. Overcame the disaster left behind by the Doug Collins and Ed Stafanski/Rod Thorne eras. Everything is so well set up for the future. But like I said, the colangelo thing was ominous from the get-go.

Oh well -- go flyers (as the red wings score). I hate sports
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Hinke's out.

I'm bummed. Hinkie didn't make one bad move during his tenure. Overcame the disaster left behind by the Doug Collins and Ed Stafanski/Rod Thorne eras. Everything is so well set up for the future. But like I said, the colangelo thing was ominous from the get-go.

Yeah, he's job is kinda done though at this point, no?
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Hinke's out.

not sure what you mean
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Hinke's out.

not sure what you mean
    He was never gonna be the one to see this thing all the way through. It just wasn't realistic. This year is the year they try to turn it around, so it kind seems like he did what he was hired to do.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Hinke's out.

not sure what you mean
    He was never gonna be the one to see this thing all the way through. It just wasn't realistic. This year is the year they try to turn it around, so it kind seems like he did what he was hired to do.
    could be. I don't think the sixers (sans Hinkie) are smart enough of an organization to think that far outside the box, but you def could be right.

Definitely not excited about Colangelo's son taking over.

Also wouldn't be surprised if brett brown is the next to go. If Mike D'Antoni gets the hc job I will really lose it
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127

Glad it was first ballot. I thought there were rumblings about it not being first ballot because of how his career ended a few years back.

Greatest scoring little man of all time?

I'm so happy for Allen not only a great scorer, with his dunks and cross over but for the greatest sports quote I can think of. *what we taking bout practice, talkin bout practice*. Something like that.

He was spectacular when I watched him play on the court and football field at big Bethel High in Hampton VA. He was legendary down there and very well known in Hampton Roads area.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Found the 13 page resignation letter. Feels more like an obituary than anything else. RIP Hinkie and The Process. The hopes of a fan base died with today's resignation. This truly blows on all levels.

“I am not attuned to this environment, and I don’t want to spoil a decent
    record by trying to play a game I don’t understand just so I can go out a hero.”

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    beat it Sam. thanks for 3 centers and assets and best of all thanks for pissing off every agent in the league so no draft players or free agents wanted to talk to you or play for Sixers.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Reading this letter makes me want to kiss Sam on the mouth with FULL tongue.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Reading this letter makes me want to kiss Sam on the mouth with FULL tongue.

he is the best. sixers franchise is a bunch of morons. now we are stuck with nepotism and a GM who took andrea bargnani with the first overall pick.

All of this really, really, really sucks
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Reading that letter makes you realize that nothing he did was done irrationally - everything he does/did was well thought out and had a very sound explanation.

Now it's all going to A) be reaped by a bunch of dipshits so other dipshits can be like, "SEE IT DIDN'T WORK YOU IDIOTS THIS IS REAL BASKETBALL", or B ) be totally torn apart.

Can't wait to trade away Saric's rights, Embiid, and one of our 1st round picks for Jeff Teague!
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Reading that letter makes you realize that nothing he did was done irrationally - everything he does/did was well thought out and had a very sound explanation.

Now it's all going to A) be reaped by a bunch of dipshits so other dipshits can be like, "SEE IT DIDN'T WORK YOU IDIOTS THIS IS REAL BASKETBALL", or B ) be totally torn apart.

Can't wait to trade away Saric's rights, Embiid, and one of our 1st round picks for Jeff Teague!

Exactly dude. Best comp I have for all of this is when I used to live in the city and it would snow. Spend hours digging out a parking spot for my car. Then when I move my car some dipshit takes my spot.

I loved the abe lincoln quote as well. 'give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four hours sharpening my axe.' Perfect summary of The Process.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Exactly dude. Best comp I have for all of this is when I used to live in the city and it would snow. Spend hours digging out a parking spot for my car. Then when I move my car some dipshit takes my spot.

I loved the abe lincoln quote as well. 'give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four hours sharpening my axe.' Perfect summary of The Process.
    Haha, I cannot get down with that comparison, though, as a full-fledge resident of the city on a tiny street - if you're my neighbor and you shovel out that spot, you've gone to work, and there's isn't anything else available for me on the block - go pound sand (this all went down this past winter with the storm we had). And if you key my car the war is on. Luckily, my neighbors are reasonable people - I helped shovel your walk so go fuck yourself.

Absolutely - I think he went a little overboard with the, "this great person said this quote once" thing, but it helped drive home his points.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

except Sam would want 6 years instead of 6 hours, and to keep trading that axe until he had 3 of the same axe, with the hope that in 6 years a better axe would exist and he could leverage those 3 similar axes to maybe get that better axe.

so are you advocating keeping 3 centers who can't play together?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

except Sam would want 6 years instead of 6 hours, and to keep trading that axe until he had 3 of the same axe, with the hope that in 6 years a better axe would exist and he could leverage those 3 similar axes to maybe get that better axe.

so are you advocating keeping 3 centers who can't play together?
    This is good, haha.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/15150647/did-sam-hinkie-help-hurt-philadelphia-76ers-nba

Arguing/debating with certain people is like playing video games on the novice level. You win every time but it's boring because it's so easy. (no I don't play video games anymore and haven't in about 15 years)
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/15150647/did-sam-hinkie-help-hurt-philadelphia-76ers-nba

Arguing/debating with certain people is like playing video games on the novice level. You win every time but it's boring because it's so easy. (no I don't play video games anymore and haven't in about 15 years)

some of the things he has done will no doubt benefit the franchise in the future BUT didn't have a lot of faith that he would leverage those picks into actually building a quality team. If agents won't let their free agents and draft-eligible players even talk to the franchise because of Hinkie how can you possible say he should have stayed on?
  • Options
    This ownership group is a disaster. Whoever leaked that letter is a scumbag.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Read Hinkie leaked it. Don't know if that's true, but wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The word is Sam did it himself.