Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

in a way ... you guys are kind of like the oilers ... drafting forwards and no d or in this case guards ... you guys drafted a bunch of FCs over the past 3 years ... something's gotta give ... can't play noel, saric, embiid and okafor at the same time ...

And they won't. They have been drafting best player available in hopes one of them turns into a star. Just so happens they are all big men. Next season is when you will finally have all these pieces on the floor together. The ones that fit will stay. The ones that don't will get traded for better fits.
    i just think you have to be concerned with the ability to develop all the guys without the minutes available - especially with the stretch 4 being the "in thing" now ... and then when you do ultimately find a core of guys - how long will you be able to control them salary and free agency wise?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited April 2016
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

in a way ... you guys are kind of like the oilers ... drafting forwards and no d or in this case guards ... you guys drafted a bunch of FCs over the past 3 years ... something's gotta give ... can't play noel, saric, embiid and okafor at the same time ...

And they won't. They have been drafting best player available in hopes one of them turns into a star. Just so happens they are all big men. Next season is when you will finally have all these pieces on the floor together. The ones that fit will stay. The ones that don't will get traded for better fits.
    i just think you have to be concerned with the ability to develop all the guys without the minutes available - especially with the stretch 4 being the "in thing" now ... and then when you do ultimately find a core of guys - how long will you be able to control them salary and free agency wise?
    True. But I think those would be good problems to have.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    As expected---

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/4/24/11498382/report-saric-informed-anadolu-efes-teammates-hes-leaving-for-philly

It's always been about the summer of 2016 for Dario Saric and the Sixers. Sam Hinkie sat at the podium at his post-2014 NBA Draft presser and declared it'd be two years at the earliest before Saric would arrive in Philadelphia, having just signed a three-year deal with an out after year two with the BSL's Anadolu Efes. Saric obliged, hoping to develop his game a bit overseas for two years before making the jump to the big leagues. He'd said multiple times throughout this season that this summer would be the time to make the move, and it appears he's kept his word.

According to reporter David Pick, Saric has informed his teammates he's leaving Europe and heading to the United States to join the Sixers this summer:

This is a major win for the organization. Saric had the power to play through the third and final season on his contract, come to Philadelphia in 2017 and free himself of rookie scale salary restrictions to negotiate a fresh deal under a spiked salary cap. That he's keeping his word is great news; that it appears he's really coming over this summer saves the team millions in future cap flexibility.

It was a brutal year for Sixers fans but brighter days are ahead. One part courage, two parts patience, all parts cultish.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the liberty ballers billboard on 95 is glorious. I hope the colangelos, harris, and the rest of the ownership team drive by it every day.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/04/25/sixers-fans-pay-tribute-sam-hinkie-philadelphia-billboard
  • Options
    hahaha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213

hahaha

dear lord. scary that people that put up a billboard like that get an equal vote in elections as mine. scary.
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

hahaha

dear lord. scary that people that put up a billboard like that get an equal vote in elections as mine. scary.
    Listen to Rights to Ricky Sanchez podcast when you get the chance. Those are some smart basketball dudes for sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

haha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
  • Options
    tomorrow is the big night.

I'm obviously hoping for the 1 or 2 pick. I think best case is the lakers ending up at 3 so their pick carries over to next season.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Lakers were never losing that pick
  • Options
    WOOO!!!

About fucking time!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    unbelievable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

which is exactly how I hoped it would play out.

perfection

All because of Hinkie. RIP SH
  • Options
    quadruple tank?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    No more tanking. First pick. Bunch of young beasts joining the roster this year. Two first round picks coming in both 2017 and 2018 drafts. Things are about to get really fun around here. All thanks to Sam Hinkie. Party time as long as the Colangelos don't fuck this up.

https://www.riffsy.com/view/riff/3791903/Mac-dancing-It-s-Always-Sunny-In-Philadelphia-GIF
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

No more tanking. First pick. Bunch of young beasts joining the roster this year. Two first round picks coming in both 2017 and 2018 drafts. Things are about to get really fun around here. All thanks to Sam Hinkie. Party time as long as the Colangelos don't fuck this up.

https://www.riffsy.com/view/riff/3791903/Mac-dancing-It-s-Always-Sunny-In-Philadelphia-GIF

Also, I love that the celtics ended up with the third pick in a two player draft. Glorious!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    Well thank fucking Jebus.
  • Options
    you'll manage to fuck this up.....again :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

you'll manage to fuck this up.....again :wink:

with hinkie out of the picture this is a distinct possibility. sadly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The Fixer said:

perfection

Why would you not want the 4th pick this year?

Lakers won't be as bad next year
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    so ben simmons?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited May 2016

The Fixer said:

perfection

draft class sucks this year.

Lakers will be terrible again next year -- and hopefully next year's draft class is better than this year (scouts are saying it will be). So even if the lakers improve I think there's a good chance that the sixers will get a better player next year, even if the lakers pick isn't as high as the 4th or 5th pick they could have gotten this year.

Also, the sixers are already implementing the first pick, simmons, embiid, and saric -- along with the two late first round picks. I think it's better to have a steady influx of talent each year than to have all of these assets cash in at once.

Plausible that they can have two top ten picks next year. Then two more first round picks in 2018. Then a bunch of second round picks on top of all of that.

Hinkie left them stacked. My biggest fear is the shithead colangelos screwing this all up

These videos in this article are great

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/5/17/11696630/sixers-fans-went-absolutely-nuts-no-1-pick
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options

The Fixer said:

perfection

They'll probably be significantly better. Next year is supposedly a deeper draft class but the Sixers also can swap with the Kings who suck and are rumored to be moving Cousins (ironically the Lakers are one of the teams who have interest).

I'm just so happy this process is coming to an end. This team has so many ways to improve pretty quickly over the next couple of years. Finally!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    The Fixer said:

this team is still at least 3 years away from being a competitive NBA team and probably 5 before the possibility of being really good. Looking at the roster they have zero NBA level perimeter players in a league gravitating more and more towards perimeter play. their current best player is most likely getting traded (interesting how Brown never mentioned Okafor tonight). How can anyone count on Embiid? Big men with bad feet and bad backs are a recipe for disaster not to mention he hasn't played in 2 years and only played 1/2 season in college. Going to take Embiid some time to get acclimated to the NBA. Noel is fairly average. Saric who knows at this point. their #1 pick will take some time as well as neither of the possibilities are fully ready to be great NBA players. still a long ways to go for this team.

interesting to see how the Simmons vs. Ingram pick plays out. Reports Simmons wants to play for the Lakers. does he try to make the Sixers not take him? Simmons upside is huge if he can develop a perimeter game. he could end up being a monster. I really like Ingram and think he is going to be a great NBA player though. do you take the possibility of the full upside of Simmons being a Magic Johnson if all things go his way or take a guy who looks to be a great NBA player but maybe not a generational superstar? going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a 20 game improvement next year. Turn around will happen a lot faster than people think.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wouldn't surprise me to see a 20 game improvement next year. Turn around will happen a lot faster than people think.

hopefully they trade okafor. so many options, so I do agree that they could get really good really quickly.