Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442

wait the sixers won another game?????? image

ISH!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Amazing the difference even a halfway decent point guard can make.

Luckily the Lakers won again too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,531
    Watching Sixers-Lakers game right now and NO Jack. Why isn't Jack at this EPIC game?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,640
    cutz said:

Watching Sixers-Lakers game right now and NO Jack. Why isn't Jack at this EPIC game?

You likes CAPS, huh?
  • Options
    Big loss last night!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016

cutz said:

You likes CAPS, huh?
    No, i like the Flyers. Though, i don't follow hockey like i use too.

I thought this was a 76ers thread? Not Hockey>HAHA

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options

Big loss last night!

Yes it was.

Sixers need Simmons, who i think will be a All Star player for years. All of this tanking and they don't have a player like a Simmons, so they better get that top draft pick this year. Oakafor is good, at what he does, but he's not a versatile player like Simmons. Embied? Who knows, but he has to be a real good player too if this tanking is going to work.

After Simmons, who is the next best player?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    Didn't think Elton Brand was still around :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I
    S
    H
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277

I
    S
    H

you confuse me Juggler. you were ok at 1-30 but now you are celebrating that they are winning with Ish? seems like you are playing both sides here.

How about the stories about players parents ripping Brown and the Sixers on Twitter and at the games. Even in the NBA parents are delusional about their children.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Now you know why Hinkie cut Ish, too many W's.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I
    S
    H

you confuse me Juggler. you were ok at 1-30 but now you are celebrating that they are winning with Ish? seems like you are playing both sides here.

How about the stories about players parents ripping Brown and the Sixers on Twitter and at the games. Even in the NBA parents are delusional about their children.
    No,0 no. It's okay for now. Lakers have won 2 straight so we're still 4 games "ahead" of them for worst record.

Ideally I'd like to see them improve but still finish with the worst record. Go Lakers!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Now you know why Hinkie cut Ish, too many W's.

Yeah but he let them get off to a cushy 1-30 start before bringing him back...genius Lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go Lakers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Funny to hear Colangelo talk today and essentially say they are going to move forward with the same exact plan they would have if he was never hired....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Funny to hear Colangelo talk today and essentially say they are going to move forward with the same exact plan they would have if he was never hired....

except Hinkie didn't want Ish Smith back after last season...then they traded 2 2nd round picks to get him back.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    pjhawks said:

except Hinkie didn't want Ish Smith back after last season...then they traded 2 2nd round picks to get him back.
    Minor ISHue where they admitted a mistake...big picture has always been looking at this summer. Collangelo said yesterday literally everything I've been saying in here for months.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2016

actions speak louder than words. and his actions aren't congruent with The Process

Colangelo is a loser. He's gonna screw everything up. He needs to jump in his golf cart and go away
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

actions speak louder than words. and his actions aren't congruent with The Process

Colangelo is a loser. He's gonna screw everything up. He needs to jump in his golf cart and go away
    The Ish move is minor and corrected an earlier mistake. Bringing Elton Brand back is as minor as it gets in terms of wins and losses. Both moves don't change the larger goal of this process.

There's no reason for them to make moves to get significantly better this season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Ish move is minor and corrected an earlier mistake. Bringing Elton Brand back is as minor as it gets in terms of wins and losses. Both moves don't change the larger goal of this process.

There's no reason for them to make moves to get significantly better this season.
    I don't see how the Ish trade is justifiable in any way. Also, I read that they tried to re-sign him in the offseason and he didn't want to come back.

The elton brand thing is beyond stupid. If you want him as a mentor then add him as a coach. No need to have him taking up a roster spot.

point is that hinkie would never have made either move. which isn't good for sixers fans
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I don't see how the Ish trade is justifiable in any way. Also, I read that they tried to re-sign him in the offseason and he didn't want to come back.

The elton brand thing is beyond stupid. If you want him as a mentor then add him as a coach. No need to have him taking up a roster spot.

point is that hinkie would never have made either move. which isn't good for sixers fans
    They could have just claimed him on waivers. It sucks to give up 2nd round picks but if there was ever a year to do it it's when you have 3-4 firsts plus Embiid and Saric. Only so many roster spots. I think it's worth having a halfway decent point guard on the team this year merely in terms of Jah's and Nerlen's development. If you can't get them the ball, you're not going to learn much about them. That's one of the reason's they traded MCW and brought Ish here last year.

And I think there's something to be said for having an older vet as a mentor than another coach. They probably feel like they can relate more to an older player than a coach. I can understand that. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over Christian Wood not being on the roster anyway.

Go Lakers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

They could have just claimed him on waivers. It sucks to give up 2nd round picks but if there was ever a year to do it it's when you have 3-4 firsts plus Embiid and Saric. Only so many roster spots. I think it's worth having a halfway decent point guard on the team this year merely in terms of Jah's and Nerlen's development. If you can't get them the ball, you're not going to learn much about them. That's one of the reason's they traded MCW and brought Ish here last year.

And I think there's something to be said for having an older vet as a mentor than another coach. They probably feel like they can relate more to an older player than a coach. I can understand that. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over Christian Wood not being on the roster anyway.

Go Lakers.
    it's all about maximizing assets. what they did is the equivalent of spending $1,000 for a six pack of coke. good chance that denver pick is a top 5 pick in the second round. Def could have gotten more than a free agent to be journeyman point guard if they tried to flip that pick (then they added another pick on top of that...smh)

I would have kept christian wood over a number of guys on their current roster. marshall (who stinks -- always has, even at unc), jakar, cannan.

hinkie was doing well. I didn't disagree with one single move since he's been here. colangelo is unnecessary, intrusive, and counterproductive to where they are in relation to where they're trying to go.

this week's asinine comments (and more importantly, recent transactions) only reinforce my apprehension.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Go Lakers.
    it's all about maximizing assets. what they did is the equivalent of spending $1,000 for a six pack of coke. good chance that denver pick is a top 5 pick in the second round. Def could have gotten more than a free agent to be journeyman point guard if they tried to flip that pick (then they added another pick on top of that...smh)

I would have kept christian wood over a number of guys on their current roster. marshall (who stinks -- always has, even at unc), jakar, cannan.

hinkie was doing well. I didn't disagree with one single move since he's been here. colangelo is unnecessary, intrusive, and counterproductive to where they are in relation to where they're trying to go.

this week's asinine comments (and more importantly, recent transactions) only reinforce my apprehension.

Yeah I hear you. It was not a good trade. All I am saying is I see the need for a decent pg to help develop their young bigs. They could afford to give up a couple 2nds when they might have 4 1sts this year.

And with Nerlens, Jah, and Holmes---there's hardly any playing time available for Wood anyway. He's on their d league team. Both of these things are minor deals in the grand scheme of things.

And the comments this week are 100% directly in line with everything Hinkie has said and is planning to do.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    my point is the comments and the actions don't align

agreed that most of this is minor in the grand scheme of things. I just hope colangelo's involvement isn't a precursor to giving some average veteran a huge free agent deal (someone like rudy gay or something --- no idea if he's a free agent, just randomly picking a name).

also, I'm not counting on the lakers pick coming over this year. from what I've read regarding this year's draft pool and next year's potential draft pool, this could be a really good thing for the sixers.

bad thing is that boston has the nets pick. which means the top three lottery odds will probably be the sixers, lakers, and celtics. we are like one of bill cosby's rape victims at this point...cognizant of our surroundings, but helpless. I can see nate silver loosening his belt and I know what's coming, but there isn't anything we can do to save ourselves. Esp with Ingram and Simmons being lauded as the only potential superstars in this draft. Things could get ugly come lottery time
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    I think the Lakers should be considerably better next year once they shed themselves of Kobe and his salary. So I'd rather hope for their 4th pick now rather than something outside of the top ten next year, despite that being a better draft class.

And the Lakers have been playing better of late while the Pelicans, Suns, and Wolves have been dropping and dropping.

After 3 years of this, I highly doubt they go out and overpay for an average player. As long as Hinkie's here, I'm confident they'll do the right thing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    the lakers could be the worst team in the league next year (would be ideal if they get the 3 pick and draft bender, who can't come to the nba until '19 at the earliest). still some time for prospects to gain helium, but everything I've read says this '16 draft class is terrible.

Big loss last night!
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Go Lakers.

so you are on board with the following:

1 - 3 straight years drafting players that play the same position
    2 - one of those players who hasn't played in 2 1/2 years going back to college and who only played 1/2 year in college (which means he is most likely not going to be a fully productive NBA player for at least 3 more years)?
    3 - not to mention that the two drafted players who have played seemingly can't play together so most likely one is going to be out of here (and most likely the wrong one in Okafor will be sent packing)
    4 - also the said 3 players are post players in an era when the NBA has never been more perimeter-oriented than it is today.

good to know you are fully on board with those moves. if it wasn't your team you would laugh at the absurdity of drafting 3 (post) players who play the same position in the lottery 3 years in a row.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Go Lakers.

so you are on board with the following:

1 - 3 straight years drafting players that play the same position
    2 - one of those players who hasn't played in 2 1/2 years going back to college and who only played 1/2 year in college (which means he is most likely not going to be a fully productive NBA player for at least 3 more years)?
    3 - not to mention that the two drafted players who have played seemingly can't play together so most likely one is going to be out of here (and most likely the wrong one in Okafor will be sent packing)
    4 - also the said 3 players are post players in an era when the NBA has never been more perimeter-oriented than it is today.

good to know you are fully on board with those moves. if it wasn't your team you would laugh at the absurdity of drafting 3 (post) players who play the same position in the lottery 3 years in a row.
    I am on board with all of the above. Look at the situation the sixers were in during those drafts. What would you have done differently? Who would you have drafted?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    As long as they end up 1 or 2 and get Simmons or Ingram, I'm a happy man. Ideally, they'd get the 4th pick from L.A also and, right now, I'd go with Dunn. Seen him a few times with Providence. Looks like a better version of MCW.

I just don't see how the Lakers are not significantly better next year. So I'm rooting for their pick now. More than anything, I want the worst record for best shot at 1 overall. So, go Lakers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Man I just do not get the tanking thing...They got Ish, a great PG I believe, he played really good at New Orleans. I think they should try and make the playoffs and follow the Bulls and Pacers lead in trying to win with talent and drafting who is available. Pacers got a superstar after Lottery.... Myles Turner is going to be good too.