Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Is there any teams that tanking has worked for? Besides the Spurs 1 year 20 years ago?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    TL170678 said:

Is there any teams that tanking has worked for? Besides the Spurs 1 year 20 years ago?

Cleveland? Multiple times?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    TL170678 said:

Check back with us next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2016

As long as they end up 1 or 2 and get Simmons or Ingram, I'm a happy man. Ideally, they'd get the 4th pick from L.A also and, right now, I'd go with Dunn. Seen him a few times with Providence. Looks like a better version of MCW.

I just don't see how the Lakers are not significantly better next year. So I'm rooting for their pick now. More than anything, I want the worst record for best shot at 1 overall. So, go Lakers.

obviously getting the 1 or 2 slot would be great. but I have a feeling that silver is going to screw the sixers (even more than he already has by forcing colangelo on them).

Dunn will be 22 years old when he's drafted. If the sixers are drafting a 22 year old point guard in the top 5 then he damn well better be a superstar, which dunn most likely isn't. No thanks. point guard is the first base of the nba...easiest position to fill by far. Melo Trimble will probably be around when the sixers second or maybe even third first round pick comes around and I think he is as good, if not better than, kris dunn (as well as two years younger)

I know kobe is terrible, but he's still the lakers best player by far. They could add simmons or ingram and a free agent, but at best they're a fringe playoff team. More likely they're a bottom five team again next year though. In a more loaded draft class in 2017, I think the sixers are better off if that pick carries over.

Imagine if the sixers get the lakers pick at 4 and they take bender? the 610 caller fan base will go crazy. actually, this would be awesome
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options

TL170678 said:

Cleveland? Multiple times?
    OKC as well
  • Options
    TL170678 said:

Man I just do not get the tanking thing...They got Ish, a great PG I believe, he played really good at New Orleans. I think they should try and make the playoffs and follow the Bulls and Pacers lead in trying to win with talent and drafting who is available. Pacers got a superstar after Lottery.... Myles Turner is going to be good too.

the bulls and pacers are the worst case scenario. Sixers have been stuck in the middle. It sucks and took us 20 years to get out of that endless cycle of mediocrity

good luck trying to beat the cavs in the playoffs
  • Options
    Dunn's a pretty exciting player. He's in top 5 in every mock I've seen.

Lakers have a nice little core forming and I expect them to make some kind of a splash either with a trade or in free agency. They'll have over 60 million in cap space with the cap going up. After the top 4 teams, the West is largely mediocre. They'll be much improved.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Lakers have a nice little core forming and I expect them to make some kind of a splash either with a trade or in free agency. They'll have over 60 million in cap space with the cap going up. After the top 4 teams, the West is largely mediocre. They'll be much improved.

those experts are wrong just as often as they're right. everyone (except me) wanted the sixers to take russell and he's not having the best year. granted it's still early.

I'd be interested to see how recent PGs taken in the top 5-10 picks have done. Off the top of my head there have been a lot of busts. Larkin, Burke, Rivers (I think he was top 10), etc. Personally I don't like taking a point guard early. Easy position to find competence.

West is definitely down, but the lakers don't have much talent. Lou Williams could be their best player next year. haha. Not a lock they will be able to get free agents to take their money either. Aldridge laughed at them this past offseason
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,243
    The Fixer said:

those experts are wrong just as often as they're right. everyone (except me) wanted the sixers to take russell and he's not having the best year. granted it's still early.

I'd be interested to see how recent PGs taken in the top 5-10 picks have done. Off the top of my head there have been a lot of busts. Larkin, Burke, Rivers (I think he was top 10), etc. Personally I don't like taking a point guard early. Easy position to find competence.

West is definitely down, but the lakers don't have much talent. Lou Williams could be their best player next year. haha. Not a lock they will be able to get free agents to take their money either. Aldridge laughed at them this past offseason
    i think for point guards it's about 50/50 for top 10 picks. good to great ones look like Lilliard, Payton and Mudiay looks like he will be a player. Russell is averaging 12pts 4 rebs and 3 asists this year which isn't bad at all for a rookie guard. i still think he will be very good.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

well you're trying to have it both ways with your "experts" there. the "experts" who are saying this year's high school seniors make up next years "great" draft class can surely be wrong just like they miss on their mocks. they heaped similar praise on the '14 draft and so far only wiggins has stood out. and there's busts at every position taken early.

it doesn't matter what the lakers roster looks like right now because they are well positioned to add a significant amount of talent this offseason. that's a similar kind of short sighted argument people make against the sixers and hinkie (just looking at where they're at now, and not projecting). aldridge didn't want to play with kobe in his last year's in the league but he's gone at the end of the season. that is the kind of organization that will do everything in it's power to avoid a 3rd straight season in the tank...even if it means overpaying for the types of players we don't want the sixers to overpay. to suggest they will be the worst team in the league next year is far fetched. so, given that, i'd prefer getting their 4th or 5th pick now, rather something outside of the lottery next year.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,061
    who replaced the sixers tonight with a real NBA team? :tongue:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,061
    all 5 starters in double figures?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Okay this is a little too much winning for my liking. Slow it down a lil bit, Ish.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495

Okay this is a little too much winning for my liking. Slow it down a lil bit, Ish.

Especially the Suns. A team the Lakers could pass, as i want that 4th pick too. Sixers have to get Simmons. And as of right now i like Kris Dunn(Providence) & Jamal Murray(KenCROOKY) as a possible #4 pick.
  • Options
    cutz said:

Especially the Suns. A team the Lakers could pass, as i want that 4th pick too. Sixers have to get Simmons. And as of right now i like Kris Dunn(Providence) & Jamal Murray(KenCROOKY) as a possible #4 pick.
    Good loss last night. I was getting worried for a bit...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Time to trade Ish.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Time to trade Ish.

Or maybe he can roll an ankle or something...

Such a weird thing. Him being here is clearly helping Jah and Nerlens (especially Nerlens--they have a good chemistry out there) develop their games which is great....but he's helping just a little too much.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    ...well that was fun.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    what the hell? I just noticed your boys are up to seven wins. :angry::nuh_uh:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    imalive said:

only 4 1/2 games behind the Nets!
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

imalive said:

only 4 1/2 games "in front of" the Nets!
    I fixed that for you.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It's a running joke among Net writers to see if the Sixers overtake the Nets.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options

Definitely a must lose game for the Sixers tomorrow night.

Nice to see the Lakers win a couple in a row this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

nets don't even have their first round pick either.
  • Options

Definitely a must lose game for the Sixers tomorrow night.

Nice to see the Lakers win a couple in a row this week.
    Definitely a must win for the Nets to decrease the Celtics draft odds..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    rumors that sixers are talking to clippers about a trade for blake griffin. clips house of cards seems to be crumbling, so these trade rumors are interesting
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    edited February 2016
    The Fixer said:

rumors that sixers are talking to clippers about a trade for blake griffin. clips house of cards seems to be crumbling, so these trade rumors are interesting

I'd think it seems like a trade you would hate. Would have to give up a ton and are they close enough to win with griffin? They obviously need a veteran star when they want to win, but what will it take to get him?

Edit: never mind. I didn't realize he is only 26
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/02/05/sixers-blake-griffin-trade/

Reminds me of the reports that they were interested in Jimmy Butler last summer. Doubt this happens...though Blake with Embiid and Nerlens would make for a pretty awesome front court.

Go Nets
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

I'd think it seems like a trade you would hate. Would have to give up a ton and are they close enough to win with griffin? They obviously need a veteran star when they want to win, but what will it take to get him?

Edit: never mind. I didn't realize he is only 26
    I'm not the biggest griffin fan but I think he's the type of player who the sixers will target when the time is right.

Not saying this is likely to happen...I just find it interesting. Gonna be a lot more of these types of sixers rumors over the next two years. Things are about to get really fun with this team
  • Options
    Ish Smith took 25 shots last night. He shouldn't take 25 shots in a week, let alone one game. That trade was absolutely terrible