Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    edited February 2016
    The Fixer said:

Ish Smith took 25 shots last night. He shouldn't take 25 shots in a week, let alone one game. That trade was absolutely terrible

I think all you have to do is look at the improvement to both Jah and Nerlens' game since Ish arrived to see why they made that trade. There's no use in acquiring these guys if you don't give them a chance to develop.

But yeah...he's a backup pg on a decent team. Part of the reason he took so many shots last night, though, was that nobody else was making anything. I'm sure Brown told him to do his thing since nobody else was. Covington didn't make a single shot. haha

I agree with you on Griffin. Probably won't happen--but this is a sign that they will be in the mix for acquiring guys of his caliber if they become available. That is what the anti Hinkie people never take into account. So many trade chips to work with.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    i'd rather have a young Okafor than Blake Griffin. Giving up Okafor for Blake Griffin doesn't make any sense for this team. If you are stupidly going to give up Okafor (and sadly i think they are going to at some point) you have to get perimeter players back. Trading Okafor for Griffin is a lateral move for an older player who is a short term upgrade but may not be in the long run.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    nice win against the Nets. 7-13 in their last 20 games. Looks promising but let's not win too much now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2016

The Fixer said:

Ish Smith took 25 shots last night. He shouldn't take 25 shots in a week, let alone one game. That trade was absolutely terrible

I think all you have to do is look at the improvement to both Jah and Nerlens' game since Ish arrived to see why they made that trade. There's no use in acquiring these guys if you don't give them a chance to develop.

But yeah...he's a backup pg on a decent team. Part of the reason he took so many shots last night, though, was that nobody else was making anything. I'm sure Brown told him to do his thing since nobody else was. Covington didn't make a single shot. haha

I agree with you on Griffin. Probably won't happen--but this is a sign that they will be in the mix for acquiring guys of his caliber if they become available. That is what the anti Hinkie people never take into account. So many trade chips to work with.
    big guys take time to develop. this is not groundbreaking news. severely overpaying for a journeyman PG who is a pending free agent is dumb no matter how you look at it. this is not hard to see.

kris dunn with another gem today too. I don't care how many mock drafts have him in the top 5...I don't want the sixers to take him there
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

big guys take time to develop. this is not groundbreaking news. severely overpaying for a journeyman PG who is a pending free agent is dumb no matter how you look at it. this is not hard to see.

kris dunn with another gem today too. I don't care how many mock drafts have him in the top 5...I don't want the sixers to take him there
    Derek Bodner's the best.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/31/ish-smith-and-the-illusion-of-progress/

"Perhaps most importantly, the Sixers two most important players have both improved substantially, improvement which has been well-documented. Rookie big man Jahlil Okafor went from shooting 45.8 percent from the floor prior to Smith's arrival to 59.3 percent since. Nerlens Noel went from averaging 9.8 points on 45 percent shooting to 12.0 points on 64.4 percent.

None of this is to say that letting Ish Smith walk last offseason was anything but an oversight.

This is still a game played by humans, and human motivation an ever-present part of the equation. Ish Smith may have changed the position Noel and Okafor were in more than the skills and long-term abilities of each, but a series of small rewards can go a long way towards motivating players, especially on a team that's still a ways away from achieving the big team-based rewards of their hard work.

A win here, a dunk there, a blocked shot, all positives outcomes that can all go a long way towards providing the positive reinforcement that their hard work is paying off, even if it comes in small dribs and drabs. That reinforcement can provide motivation, and motivation is at the forefront of personal development.

And while Ish Smith may not have changed the long-term potential of either Okafor or Noel, his presence does provide fans, and members of the Sixers front office, with a better ability to measure each player's potential for long-term success. If for no other reason, that increased ability to witness, measure, and predict the success each of these players can have by providing on-court demonstrations has provided the Sixers with valuable information on how, and around whom, to construct the team going forward."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sam Hinkie lives
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Sam Hinkie lives

pure utter genius to get another 2nd round pick. i mean Golden State and San Antonio are shaking in their boots figuring that is the pick that will set the Sixers up to go from 15 wins to 60. awesomeness by Mr. Hinkie. :confounded:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

Sam Hinkie lives

pure utter genius to get another 2nd round pick. i mean Golden State and San Antonio are shaking in their boots figuring that is the pick that will set the Sixers up to go from 15 wins to 60. awesomeness by Mr. Hinkie. :confounded:
    Just may be the next Draymond.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The man will not be denied his 2nd round picks. God bless him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Great day yesterday--an improbably win for the Lakers and a hard fought loss for the Sixers. Nice little cushion heading into the last 19 games for worst overall record.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Great day yesterday--an improbably win for the Lakers and a hard fought loss for the Sixers. Nice little cushion heading into the last 19 games for worst overall record.

I think that was Elton Brand's first game this year as a Sixer :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540

It would've been better if the Suns lost. That shit team has now won 2 in a row, and are 4 games ahead of the Lakers.
  • Options
    cutz said:

It would've been better if the Suns lost. That shit team has now won 2 in a row, and are 4 games ahead of the Lakers.
    All I want is the best odds of landing the first overall pick.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540

cutz said:

I want it all man>LOL>Love to get that Lakers pick(#4) too.
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

Wow Lakers won again. I think Sixers have 44% chance of getting their pick. That's not terrible.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

Wow Lakers won again. I think Sixers have 44% chance of getting their pick. That's not terrible.
    they'll probably somehow still not get the #1 pick
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

Brandon Ingram certainly wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

But, yeah man...if don't get #1 again, that will be disappointing. At least it's looking like they will have the best odds this year. That's all you can do.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not counting on it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

Brandon Ingram certainly wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

But, yeah man...if don't get #1 again, that will be disappointing. At least it's looking like they will have the best odds this year. That's all you can do.
    i really like Ingram. Once he puts on weight he is going to be fantastic. Other than passing he is far more advanced offensively than Simmons at this point. Little concerned about Simmons lack of offensive polish although i still think he is going to be a very good pro but earlier people said he was the best prospect since Lebron which is clearly not correct.
  • Options
    Watched 60sec of Isaiah Whitehead last night and fell in love. Take him with the 1st pick.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    wouldn't surprise me if we beat the Warriors tonight, :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,633
    you fuckers....there's no one in this years draft worth tanking for,
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Wobbie said:

• Options
    wel
    Jason P said:

Wobbie said:

well yea if the Sixers want a punk ass who isn't even the top NBA prospect from his college team. Ingram is a way better prospect than Allen.
  • Options

wouldn't surprise me if we beat the Warriors tonight, :lol:

well they were in it for the first quarter :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

wel

Jason P said:

Wobbie said:

well yea if the Sixers want a punk ass who isn't even the top NBA prospect from his college team. Ingram is a way better prospect than Allen.
    Pretty sure that was a joke
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AI is a HOFer!!! Congrats. So fun to watch. What could've have been if the Spurs didn't tank for Duncan?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

AI is a HOFer!!! Congrats. So fun to watch. What could've have been if the Spurs didn't tank for Duncan?

Great player. Well deserving of the Hall.