euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    Philly box set ordered :mrgreen: :thumbup:

ah, OK, it stil counts to "later" :mrgreen:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:

Exactly! You were just all waiting for me to get tipsy, start dancing on the tables while shaking my tits at everyone!

Not that I would ever do that :oops: Especially the boob bit :oops: I'm too old for that!

My darling, you will never be too old to shake your tits!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    nice to see happy people tonight!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    I was thinking that, had a rubbish day at work (we've been told we need to save 500k of our budget which means redundancies)...it's nice that it's a positve place here
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    dottles wrote:
    I was thinking that, had a rubbish day at work (we've been told we need to save 500k of our budget which means redundancies)...it's nice that it's a positve place here

Yer Im happy tonight and work is killing me right now. Have you been using petty cash in Radley shops Leanne? :lol:
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Spurs won so 4th has been decided. They can still make 3rd if arsenal loose their last game.
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Yer Im happy tonight and work is killing me right now. Have you been using petty cash in Radley shops Leanne? :lol:
    I wish!! I nearly bought a new handbag at the weekend, but I stayed strong and refrained!!
    Local government doesn't have petty cash!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Spurs won so 4th has been decided. They can still make 3rd if arsenal loose their last game.

I just saw that on the BBC site, well done to them, they've had a good season.
    big day tomorrow. what time does it usually finish? isnt it about 1ish?

The count?
    Polling stations are open until 10pm, the first results will come in around 10.45pm (it's been Sunderland South for the last few years). I was asked to work either the polling station or the count (you get good money and paid leave) but decided not to as I already had meetings in my diary which I couldn't be arsed to re-arrange.
    There will be a few areas which take a while to count, St Ives for example includes the Isles of Scilly and the bollot boxes have to shipped over to the mainland for counting.
    I'll stay up to see how things are going until the wee small hours but it'll not be the same without the 'swing-o-meter'
    dottles wrote:

The count?
    Polling stations are open until 10pm, the first results will come in around 10.45pm (it's been Sunderland South for the last few years). I was asked to work either the polling station or the count (you get good money and paid leave) but decided not to as I already had meetings in my diary which I couldn't be arsed to re-arrange.
    There will be a few areas which take a while to count, St Ives for example includes the Isles of Scilly and the bollot boxes have to shipped over to the mainland for counting.
    I'll stay up to see how things are going until the wee small hours but it'll not be the same without the 'swing-o-meter'

So it will be later when its all been counted and a winner declared? Just wondering wether i should gear myself up for a late night or just wait til morning.
    dottles wrote:

The count?

Im praying that ass hole dont get in. Which ass hole that is, is for me to know ;)
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

The count?

Im praying that ass hole dont get in. Which ass hole that is, is for me to know ;)

Being an asshole is a prerequisite for being a politician :lol:

As long as the conservatives dont win il be happy(ish). Don't want a hung parliment either.
    Nah, you'll have a good idea by sorta 3am -ish I reckon.
    The first past the post system means the golden line is 326 seats, anyone who gets over that has the majority. The way the results come in, usually means you can tell by trend predictions the result but this time it may not be as easy if the polls are to be believed. Ben Page from Mori (who is v good looking in real life and it's nice to see him on tele so much recently) seems to think it may not be as close to a hung parliament as polls show right now, but that voter turn out will go up (not as much as it did in the States tho).
    dottles wrote:
    Nah, you'll have a good idea by sorta 3am -ish I reckon.
    The first past the post system means the golden line is 326 seats, anyone who gets over that has the majority. The way the results come in, usually means you can tell by trend predictions the result but this time it may not be as easy if the polls are to be believed. Ben Page from Mori (who is v good looking in real life and it's nice to see him on tele so much recently) seems to think it may not be as close to a hung parliament as polls show right now, but that voter turn out will go up (not as much as it did in the States tho).

What bothers me about an increase in voter turn out is that i think a large porportion of people are not making an informed choice. It would explain why the conservatives are high in the poles. I find it hard to believe if people just actually took a bit of time to like at them as a political party and as individuals they wouldnt consider voting for them. People will throw their vote out on a whim without eduacting themselves and then cry blood when it all goes wrong.

3am is a bit late when i got work the next morning. Should have had it on a friday.

You staying up?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Ah yeah, gotta vote tomorrow.
    Brisk. wrote:

Hiya man, hows the planning going? I have found a few hostels but Im finding nothing cheap.

3am is a bit late when i got work the next morning. Should have had it on a friday.

You staying up?

I will stay up for a while, I'll see how tired I am. I was going to take Friday off, but have stuff scheduled when it was called.
    Elections have been on a Thursday since the thirties, some countries have them on the weekend to increase voter turn out, or make it an legal obligation to vote. We can't have ours on a weekend unless we changed the law. Fridays were pay days for the workers, and therefore there were concerns that people ould vote under the influence of alcohol. Thursdays often used to be market day, so more people were about and the thought was it gave the administration the weekend to get their house in order, and recently they've always been held in spring time as it's thought longer, warmer days help turn out, but not summer as too many people would be on holiday.
    (...yes I am sad and studied elections as part of my degree.....)
    philthehip wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Hiya man, hows the planning going? I have found a few hostels but Im finding nothing cheap.

Yeah i found some stuff :) should be able to do the trip in about £200, really gutted that i can't do lisbon or bilbao though but venice should be a nice addition. IF i get a job then i'll instantly buy the tickets for the last two though.
    dottles wrote:

You staying up?

I will stay up for a while, I'll see how tired I am. I was going to take Friday off, but have stuff scheduled when it was called.
    Elections have been on a Thursday since the thirties, some countries have them on the weekend to increase voter turn out, or make it an legal obligation to vote. We can't have ours on a weekend unless we changed the law. Fridays were pay days for the workers, and therefore there were concerns that people ould vote under the influence of alcohol. Thursdays often used to be market day, so more people were about and the thought was it gave the administration the weekend to get their house in order, and recently they've always been held in spring time as it's thought longer, warmer days help turn out, but not summer as too many people would be on holiday.

The solution? Make it a bank holiday and give us all the day off. We have one of the least amount of bank holidays in this country.
    dottles wrote:

The solution? Make it a bank holiday and give us all the day off. We have one of the least amount of bank holidays in this country.

Nope, we'd still have to change the law...we can't run an election on Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or... bank holidays! They only recently removed Maundy Thursday from that list!
    It would help the situation with polling stations though, as many schools are used as stations and have to shut down for the day as it is a safeguarding risk (the school would have un-vetted adults on the premises and could not impliment any bans on offenders etc as as long as they were not effectively serving a prison sentance they have the right to vote). (also worked in child protection :? )
    I see that a flight from berlin to paris is so cheap? Is it easy to get from paris to the festival and is there any hostels near by the festival or is it in the middle of no where?
    Brisk. wrote:
    I see that a flight from berlin to paris is so cheap? Is it easy to get from paris to the festival and is there any hostels near by the festival or is it in the middle of no where?

The train is about £38 return from paris. We are camping which is mega cheap
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Nope, we'd still have to change the law...we can't run an election on Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or... bank holidays! They only recently removed Maundy Thursday from that list!
    It would help the situation with polling stations though, as many schools are used as stations and have to shut down for the day as it is a safeguarding risk (the school would have un-vetted adults on the premises and could not impliment any bans on offenders etc as as long as they were not effectively serving a prison sentance they have the right to vote). (also worked in child protection :? )

Well changing the law sounds fine to me :D

Where haven't you worked :lol:
    Brisk. wrote:

The train from Paris to Arras is direct, takes about 50 minutes, and cost me 19euros first class (16euros standard class) single. There are then free buses from the main train station to the festival site which is a citedel on the outskirts of the town (a UNESCO world heritage site no less!)
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

The train from Paris to Arras is direct, takes about 50 minutes, and cost me 19euros first class (16euros standard class) single. There are then free buses from the main train station to the festival site which is a citedel on the outskirts of the town (a UNESCO world heritage site no less!)

Thanks Leanne!

Would be great if anyone could tell me where they are staying.

I have probs left this all too late for it to be cheap and the fact its all festival crap doesn't help with cost either. Oh well 5 shows at the bare minimum will do :) Gonna add venice though me thinks!

Well changing the law sounds fine to me :D

Where haven't you worked :lol:

:lol: well during my degree I found other people jobs in the student union jobshop, I've worked in an open prison (well in a project helping to reintegrate prisoners into society), a freudian institute, oh and for Ericsson phone company ...and got onto the secret service graduate scheme but pulled out! :D:D
    Brisk. wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Thanks Leanne!

Would be great if anyone could tell me where they are staying.

I have probs left this all too late for it to be cheap and the fact its all festival crap doesn't help with cost either. Oh well 5 shows at the bare minimum will do :) Gonna add venice though me thinks!

No probs, I am staying at the Ibis but most places are completely full now. Someone was looking the other day for a hotel or hostel and they were being advised of places 15 - 20 km away. Camping with Phil, Dave et al maybe your best bet!
    dottles wrote:
    No probs, I am staying at the Ibis but most places are completely full now. Someone was looking the other day for a hotel or hostel and they were being advised of places 15 - 20 km away. Camping with Phil, Dave et al maybe your best bet!

Does everyone have to have a camping pass or is it like per tent?

What shows is everyone doing too lol?
    its 8euros for a night Brisk, stay with us? I am bringing a tent