euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,160
    raindog80 wrote:
    10-Jul Oeiras, Portugal Alges Not on Sale Not on Sale

When tickets go on sale?
    a friend told me from portugal will be late february..and not worry portugal festivals never sold out..all ok..ill post it when there are up on sale :D
    Thanks.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Flight to Lisbon Booked....... :D:D:D all set!!!!give me the 6th date now for book the way ill travel to espana babe!!!!!!!whooooohooo!

:lol: we all want the 6th date (and any others...warm up shows anyone reckon??)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    Flight to Lisbon Booked....... :D:D:D all set!!!!give me the 6th date now for book the way ill travel to espana babe!!!!!!!whooooohooo!

:lol: we all want the 6th date (and any others...warm up shows anyone reckon??)
    yep!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • http://www.pearljamonline.it/italy.htm
    about the 6th date
    google translate:

Just to be clearer about the situation "a possible date of Pearl Jam in Italy in 2010" we decided to bring back to this page rumors about this hypothetical show.

Summary: Pearl Jam have announced a tour of 10 dates (confirmed) that held in Europe during the next summer (link). Currently there is a date not yet confirmed, Tuesday, July 6, 2010, various rumors claim is that given in Italy.

There have been rumors about the possible location of this show:

- Stadio Friuli, Udine (reported by the Polish site of Universal and several local newspapers)
    - Jammin Festival Venezia, Mestre (reported by several quotadiani and radio)
    - Stadio San Siro, Milan (the reported conductors RockTV few days ago)
    - A date in Milan (Forum?) And one in Rome (entries from 'people of the environment'),
    - Lucca, inside the Lucca Summer Festival (more entries from people in the sector)

Currently there is' NO DATA PROVIDED IN ITALY OFFICIAL although the voice that wants to Udine Pearl Jam seems the more reliable thanks to this official press release posted on the website of the Polish Universal (the label that distributed "Backspacer" in Europe) which mentions just such date.

Also, in early January several local newspapers, webzines and online music portal Italians have begun to talk about the show that Pearl Jam should keep in Udine as a 'sure thing'. Here we quote the articles more 'interesting:

On January 3, 2010 "Il Corriere della Sera" (Corriere del Veneto) reported this story:
    The "Friuli in Udine two aces set with the only Italian date of the immortal AC / DC (May 19) and that of the standard bearers of grunge, Pearl Jam (July 6) engaged in presenting Backspacer. The American band was the star of the new edition dell'Heiniken Jammin 'Festival in Mestre, but this event seems to be finally set.

On January 4, 2010 "Il Giornale di Vicenza" reported this story:
    Even AC / DC - one concert on May 19 in Udine - have already made the all-stock, short imitated by Pearl Jam (same location, the stadium Friuli, 6 July).

On 11 January 2010 "Rockol" reported this story:
    After the show of AC / DC, Friuli stadium in Udine will host another of the most awaited dates of the summer music of 2010: July 6, in fact, the structure already visited during the past season from Madonna and Coldplay will host the 'only Italian date of Pearl Jam. Apart from a glaring hole in the official calendar announced recently, to confirm rumors already circulating for some time has come the Communication from the Polish branch of the group's record label, Universal, which on a page of its Web site announcing a show Eddie Vedder and members of their own for the next 6 July in Udine.

On 11 January 2010 "music.fanpage.it" reported this story:
    The only Italian date of the historic band Pearl Jam will be held July 6 at the Stadio Friuli in Udine. The stage of the stadium in Udine previously hosted the likes of Madonna and Coldplay, but in the coming months in addition to hosting the Pearl Jam will also host AC / DC on May 19.

12 January 2010, we contacted the Azalea Production which was charged with carrying Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay and Madonna at the Stadio Friuli in Udine in 2008. Following the exchange of mail:

PJ OnLine: Tens of (...) webzine, portals, etc. ... in past days have written several articles talking about the Pearl Jam concert at the Stadio Friuli in Udine scheduled for July 6, 2010 as a sure thing. Before communicating the Ns. wanted a site your confirmation.

Azalea: Dear Luke, Thanks for contacting us, we inform you that we can not give any confirmation because the news is not true. We noted that we also spread very quickly, because inexplicably, the Polish subsidiary of Universal Music has entered a stage in the calendar in Udine. But as you have seen both on the band's official website and on My Space (really only two reliable sources) there is no trace. I take this opportunity to extend our most cordial greetings.

PJ Online: Dear Luis, thanks for the reply. There are perhaps not yet completed negotiations? How is it that all the sources they bring back the date of Udine? Could be another company to bring Pearl Jam to StadioFriuli? Thank you for availability.

Azalea: Simple duty Luke, never mind. The first two questions should speak directly to media who spread the news or the management of the band. For the third but I do not exclude the possibility a priori, although difficult to realistically think that other companies are able to organize an event of this magnitude in Friuli Venezia Giulia.

PJ ONLINE: So there is no negotiation Louis, arrived today, on your part to bring Pearl Jam to Udine, right?

Azalea: The negotiations are confidential, so I can not answer directly. Still have to inform you that as soon as you will define the site of the only Italian concert will be promptly announced by Live Nation. For any situation are, however, to the extent possible, available.

This instead dell'Azalea response to kurt84, a boy of that forum has contacted them for more info on 15/01/2010:
    Azalea: Hello Federico, the news circulated that are not completely unfounded, in that it is almost certain to be held July 6 that the only Italian concert by Pearl Jam, it is not yet defined the location. What has also surprised us was the superficiality of the mainstream media, which have spread news so important without having any official announcement. With regard to your request for denial, we can not deny the story, because we never announced, so we risk losing credibility. Hoping to have been thorough in their responses and hoping to have you pulled up the morale, I offer my heartiest wishes.

On January 13, 2010 PJ Online has also contacted the Ten Club to ask for info about the date in Udine. Following their response:

Ten Club: Sorry, nothing can be confirmed at this time.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Credit: twofeetthick.com

Boom Talks to Hawaiian Radio Station
    by: Kathy Davis
    January 24, 2010

Pearl Jam on a break until March, hmmmm? B-3 God Booooooooooom stopped by Hawaii’s B-97 radio station to promote an upcoming Mana Maoli show (a collective of Hawaiian musicians in which I believe he participates that supports Hawaiian education). Here’s a re-post of his little visit from the blog of the DJ with whom he visited, Darrin:

Boom Gaspar of Pearl Jam stopped by the studios this morning. Boom was helping promote the MANA MAOLI show at the Water And Ice Lounge in Hilo on KWXX, but we managed to coerce him into the B97-B93 studio to talk story with us. GREAT guy! Originally from Waimanalo and has been touring with Pearl Jam on keyboards since 2002.

Boom says the band is currently taking a break, but will be hitting the road in March. We followed up the interview with Pearl Jam’s “Crazy Mary” (live) ..a song that features a dazzling keyboard solo trading licks with Mike McCready’s scorching guitar solo.

Great way to wrap up Aloha Friday! Have a safe weekend! – DC

Aloha Rock!
  • philthehip wrote:
    Credit: twofeetthick.com

Boom Talks to Hawaiian Radio Station
    by: Kathy Davis
    January 24, 2010

Pearl Jam on a break until March, hmmmm? B-3 God Booooooooooom stopped by Hawaii’s B-97 radio station to promote an upcoming Mana Maoli show (a collective of Hawaiian musicians in which I believe he participates that supports Hawaiian education). Here’s a re-post of his little visit from the blog of the DJ with whom he visited, Darrin:

Boom Gaspar of Pearl Jam stopped by the studios this morning. Boom was helping promote the MANA MAOLI show at the Water And Ice Lounge in Hilo on KWXX, but we managed to coerce him into the B97-B93 studio to talk story with us. GREAT guy! Originally from Waimanalo and has been touring with Pearl Jam on keyboards since 2002.

Boom says the band is currently taking a break, but will be hitting the road in March. We followed up the interview with Pearl Jam’s “Crazy Mary” (live) ..a song that features a dazzling keyboard solo trading licks with Mike McCready’s scorching guitar solo.

Great way to wrap up Aloha Friday! Have a safe weekend! – DC

Aloha Rock!
    i post it in facebook earlier,all goes well..peoplewill be happy this year!! :D
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I'm using the powers of positive thinking to will an announcement from 10c today. My wish is for an intimate warm up in Edinburgh Playhouse on Sun 20th June. Going to meditate now so if anyone wants to join in.... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Read into it what you will -
    The organisers of Glastonbury festival are going to be running an auction on eBay to raise funds for Haiti. The auction will contain items from artists and bands who they are associated with and who have kindly offered to donate stuff.
    Items include - an offer from Damon Albarn to record a specially written piece of music, the Fender Stratocaster guitar Alex Turner used in Arctic Monkeys' video for I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, a jacket from Chris Martin signed by the rest of Coldplay plus other items from Chemical Brothers, The Kooks, The Magic Numbers, Basement Jaxx and Pearl Jam...

No idea what the item is as I can't access ebay at work....all the other bands have played Glastonbury...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Oh man, that hurts: We booked our flight to London with AirLingus (made the credit card payment) and received an email yesterday that the flight is cancelled because AirLingus doesn't fly to London anymore! :shock:

They wrote that they will refund the full amount on the 23rd of february (??).
    Hope there will be no problem with the refund...

However, we booked another flight today and fortunately it was cheaper than the AirLingus flight! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Oh man, that hurts: We booked our flight to London with AirLingus (made the credit card payment) and received an email yesterday that the flight is cancelled because AirLingus doesn't fly to London anymore! :shock:

They wrote that they will refund the full amount on the 23rd of february (??).
    Hope there will be no problem with the refund...

However, we booked another flight today and fortunately it was cheaper than the AirLingus flight! :)

Aer Lingus do fly to London, they've just cut down on the number of flights as have Ryanair.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    Bilbao 1 day tickets are ON SALE

http://www.generaltickets.com/bbk/index ... rer=bbk.es

50€

Enjoy !
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dottles wrote:
    The organisers of Glastonbury festival are going to be running an auction on eBay to raise funds for Haiti. The auction will contain items from artists and bands who they are associated with and who have kindly offered to donate stuff.
    Items include - an offer from Damon Albarn to record a specially written piece of music, the Fender Stratocaster guitar Alex Turner used in Arctic Monkeys' video for I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, a jacket from Chris Martin signed by the rest of Coldplay plus other items from Chemical Brothers, The Kooks, The Magic Numbers, Basement Jaxx and Pearl Jam...

No idea what the item is as I can't access ebay at work....all the other bands have played Glastonbury...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pearl-Jam-signed- ... 53df56cabd

The item is: Pearl Jam signed Backspacer (2009) Artwork. Four, two-sided cards in sleeve with original artwork by Tom Tomorrow (Dan Perkins)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I don't know whether to go for the one or three day pass to Bilbao. I guess I should get a one-day just in case they go quickly!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

The item is: Pearl Jam signed Backspacer (2009) Artwork. Four, two-sided cards in sleeve with original artwork by Tom Tomorrow (Dan Perkins)

Also the auction itself has no mention of being organised by the Glastonbury people and no mention of Glastonbury. It is an Oxfam auction. Not that that doesn't mean the Glastonbury people could have been the ones contacting the artists for donations.

EDIT: Found this on the Glastonbury site "Emily Eavis, who has helped organise the auction with Oxfam"
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Also the auction itself has no mention of being organised by the Glastonbury people and no mention of Glastonbury. It is an Oxfam auction. Not that that doesn't mean the Glastonbury people could have been the ones contacting the artists for donations.

EDIT: Found this on the Glastonbury site "Emily Eavis, who has helped organise the auction with Oxfam"

I heard about it from a friend, but just had a quick look on the BBC and they have this article -
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music ... 005075.stm
  • henchman wrote:
    Bilbao 1 day tickets are ON SALE

http://www.generaltickets.com/bbk/index ... rer=bbk.es

50€

Enjoy !
    piece of cake.... :D
    done!!!!!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I don't know whether to go for the one or three day pass to Bilbao. I guess I should get a one-day just in case they go quickly!
    i just did the one day one..
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Pearl Jam won't play Glastonbury, I'm not that lucky! Oh wait, Bruce and Neil were both there last year, maybe I am!

Just over an hour 'til Download headliners are confirmed...
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Hey guys,

Any Hostel suggestions for Dublin and Belfast? I see a bunch of hostels available online, I was just wondering if there was a good one a lot of you are staying at.

Thanks!
  • ilockyer wrote:
    Pearl Jam won't play Glastonbury, I'm not that lucky! Oh wait, Bruce and Neil were both there last year, maybe I am!

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • ilockyer wrote:

A few good bands but nothing major really
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    ilockyer wrote:

A few good bands but nothing major really

Only Megadeth on that bill that I've not seen of the bands I like. Glad I've saved that £170!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    There are still more bands to be announced including the other headliners for Download aren't there?
    I'm not going, it's too close to the tour.... talking of which any news??
  • ilockyer wrote:

thanks for the post Norway... :D
  • dottles wrote:
    talking of which any news??
    :roll: :roll: ..i book the hotels in iberia..and flights to lisbon..only the last flight back to Athens left.and to and from 6th one..
    dottles wrote:
    :roll: :roll: ..i book the hotels in iberia..and flights to lisbon..only the last flight back to Athens left.and to and from 6th one..

Well, it looks like you're sorted then D!! :D
  • dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

yep.,ready to finnish all.btw the whole tour now ill be touring - share spares,hotels-flights with people from Germany!!from 1st one in Dublin till the last one to Lisbon...Moin...Hurrra!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    dottles wrote:
    yep.,ready to finnish all.btw the whole tour now ill be touring - share spares,hotels-flights with people from Germany!!from 1st one in Dublin till the last one to Lisbon...Moin...Hurrra!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's cool D :D I'm travelling with whoever I find and will put up with me :lol:
    My spares are going to another west country person, one of my longest known friends ( I went out with him when we were 16 but we've been friends ever since) and a Dutchman :)
  • dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

That's cool D :D I'm travelling with whoever I find and will put up with me :lol:
    My spares are going to another west country person, one of my longest known friends ( I went out with him when we were 16 but we've been friends ever since) and a Dutchman :)
    Yeah me too,,i m travelling-sharing-trade-stay- with people from uk-slovenia-holland-croatia-israel-ireland-canada-france-portugal-spain-serbia-italy..but from Germany is always one to all the tour!!
  • Good morning...we want the 6th!!!before lost 6th season starts!!!