RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    fucking SuckU i suppose it's fitting.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    ottotheorange.gif
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,727
    RW81233 wrote:
    is this game making anyone else sad that it's literally the last time either will be playing an epic battle in the garden in march? as for the big east choking in the tourny that's silly there are 68 teams or whatever and only 1 that wins. should we say that all the other conferences choked too because they didn't win the title?

Come on, eastcoasters! 9 out of the 11 didn't make it to the sweet 16 last year, when the whole season leading up the that we got to hear how the Big East was the strongest conference.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Go Beavers wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    is this game making anyone else sad that it's literally the last time either will be playing an epic battle in the garden in march? as for the big east choking in the tourny that's silly there are 68 teams or whatever and only 1 that wins. should we say that all the other conferences choked too because they didn't win the title?

Come on, eastcoasters! 9 out of the 11 didn't make it to the sweet 16 last year, when the whole season leading up the that we got to hear how the Big East was the strongest conference.

Exactly, come on. Once you get to the tourney it's all about match ups. Who thought VCU was going to shoot the lights out to get the the Final 4. I'm sure they beat a team from another conf besides The Big East.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Go Beavers wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

the 9th best team won the whole damn thing...we can swing this argument either way.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Way to fucking show up in the second half of the game today Jeremy Lamb!!!! :evil: :evil:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Way to piss the game away USF, pathetic. Was really hoping for a USF/ CIN final to piss ESPN off.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    No clue where else to put this but a pretty cool read on Geno Auriemma.

http://deadspin.com/5895516/geno-auriem ... basketball
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No clue where else to put this but a pretty cool read on Geno Auriemma.

http://deadspin.com/5895516/geno-auriem ... basketball
    Great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with him for a few minutes when I was up at UConn for a summer program in high school, back in the summer of 2007. He was in Gampel watching the men's team practice, doing a 3 on 3, and I said to myself, "This may be the only chance I have of meeting and talking to him." So I did. Pretty cool moment for me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Marinatto resigns
  • Options
    Screw Notre Dame. Time to change the name of the conference.
  • Options
    Calhoun retirement is imminent. :(
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Newch91 wrote:
    Calhoun retirement is imminent. :(

What a coward. Way to not face the punishment for penalties he had a part in.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    tulane! east carolina! :roll:

louisville's headed to the acc. uconn and cinci will probably be next when they look to add more teams in the next few years.

it's over.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It's not even the Big East anymore. It's the Big America Conference now. You have teams from Texas and San Diego in it now.

I'll be sad if UConn leaves the Big East.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Newch91 wrote:
    It's not even the Big East anymore. It's the Big America Conference now. You have teams from Texas and San Diego in it now.

why would you be sad for UConn to leave a joke of a conference?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:

why would you be sad for UConn to leave a joke of a conference?
    For UConn, all I've known is the Big East. It was the best conference in college basketball, but it's not going to be anymore with all these teams leaving.

What's a joke is the NCAA.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    For UConn, all I've known is the Big East. It was the best conference in college basketball, but it's not going to be anymore with all these teams leaving.

sadly it's a business not a sport. I really can't blame ND, Louisville, Rutgers and others for leaving the Big East when you got teams like San Diego State and Tulane and East Carolina and others joining the conference. To me that's not the Big East just like how the ACC is no longer what it is.

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:

sadly it's a business not a sport. I really can't blame ND, Louisville, Rutgers and others for leaving the Big East when you got teams like San Diego State and Tulane and East Carolina and others joining the conference. To me that's not the Big East just like how the ACC is no longer what it is.

its all about college football $. fuck that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

sadly again i agree

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Fuck college football. It's ruined everything for college sports.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    will the last regular member of the Big East please turn the light out when you leave. it was a good run.

it's utterly disgusting the pull that football has on these schools. they really don't care about the other sports or even education anymore. you would have thought maybe after the penn state debacle that there would be more questionning of the power that football has on schools but clearly that's not the case.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjhawks wrote:
    will the last regular member of the Big East please turn the light out when you leave. it was a good run.

it's utterly disgusting the pull that football has on these schools. they really don't care about the other sports or even education anymore. you would have thought maybe after the penn state debacle that there would be more questionning of the power that football has on schools but clearly that's not the case.

Dan Patrick summed it all up with one word this morning that I thought was perfect. "Moneygrab".
  • Options
    so looks like it's all ending today eh?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ources-say

i hope the catholic's keep the name. below is a list of schools i've seen on mentioned on various sites for the new league:

Providence
    St johns
    Seton hall
    Nova
    Marquette
    Depaul
    Georgetown
    Xavier
    Butler
    Dayton
    Creighton
    Richmond
    Gonzaga

....this would actually be a halfway decent league, i guess. figure 3 more would be added too. probably some mid majors though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Shouldn't this thread be dissolved?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    so looks like it's all ending today eh?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ources-say

i hope the catholic's keep the name. below is a list of schools i've seen on mentioned on various sites for the new league:

Providence
    St johns
    Seton hall
    Nova
    Marquette
    Depaul
    Georgetown
    Xavier
    Butler
    Dayton
    Creighton
    Richmond
    Gonzaga

....this would actually be a halfway decent league, i guess. figure 3 more would be added too. probably some mid majors though...

i know espn reported gonzaga's interest but i can't imagine a team in Spokane Wa being in a league with those other teams. that's about an 9 hour trip from Providence RI.

i think they are better off ading 3 teams and having a 10-team league and play each other twice. more teams just lessens the number of quality games. don't you want Georgetown-Nova twice a year? the original 7 with Xavier, Dayton and Butler or Creighton.
  • Options
    more info. new league would potentially generate more $ for the schools involoved:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... t=hp_t2_a2
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    more info. new league would potentially generate more $ for the schools involoved:

Crazy. I like the idea of the 7 catholic schools and then a few from the A-10 like Dayton, Xavier, St. Louis, Creighton.
  • Options

Crazy. I like the idea of the 7 catholic schools and then a few from the A-10 like Dayton, Xavier, St. Louis, Creighton.

it's nice to see these original schools show a little backbone finally too. perhaps they were just waiting for all the shoes to drop to the point where they had the votes to dictate a move...not like they have a lot of other choices though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    it's nice to see these original schools show a little backbone finally too. perhaps they were just waiting for all the shoes to drop to the point where they had the votes to dictate a move...not like they have a lot of other choices though

Yeah, it's about damn time. All the non-football schools have kinda just had to sit back and see what happens with all of this ridiculous conference realignment. Nice to see them band together like this.

Also- my DePaul Blue Demons won't be a pushover this year. Picked up a surprising road win last night at ASU. I know it's not much, but exciting considering the state of the program the past 4-5 years.