Options

Big East Basketball thread

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
  • Options
    That was an exciting game to watch.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Hoyas!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Hoyas!

hoyas and lasalle for you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Hoyas!

It's an odd combo but I can explain if you like. My mom also went to UNC so I cheer for them when I can.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Hoyas!

It's an odd combo but I can explain if you like. My mom also went to UNC so I cheer for them when I can.

haha..if you want to explain, i'm always interested in how people become fans of certain teams/schools
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

haha..if you want to explain, i'm always interested in how people become fans of certain teams/schools
    It's true. You were interested in how I became a Mavs fan.
  • Options
    The LaSalle part is easy. My Dad and I both went there. The Hoya connection goes back to the Palestra doubleheaders of the late 70's with the streamers and hatred for all the other Big 5 teams. I was born in 1970 and started going to every LaSalle game once out of the womb. I guess I started to enjoy cheering against Nova and this Hoya team was pretty exciting so I latched on. The 80's werent so great for LaSalle until Lionel Simmons arrived so I guess that helped strengthen my bond with them.

As I said before, my Mom went to UNC when Billy Cunnigham was there. Well with her being a UNC fan and me being a Hoya fan made the 82-83 title game was interesting. I remember her cheering as I lay on the floor with my head in my hands crying but that's why I loved her.

My parents met a college basketball in NYC.

I'll be honest about this year's Hoya team. I don't know much about them with all the turnover the had. Now that the season is kicking, I hope to be able catch some of their games.

My order: LaSalle>Georgetown>UNC.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The LaSalle part is easy. My Dad and I both went there. The Hoya connection goes back to the Palestra doubleheaders of the late 70's with the streamers and hatred for all the other Big 5 teams. I was born in 1970 and started going to every LaSalle game once out of the womb. I guess I started to enjoy cheering against Nova and this Hoya team was pretty exciting so I latched on. The 80's werent so great for LaSalle until Lionel Simmons arrived so I guess that helped strengthen my bond with them.

As I said before, my Mom went to UNC when Billy Cunnigham was there. Well with her being a UNC fan and me being a Hoya fan made the 82-83 title game was interesting. I remember her cheering as I lay on the floor with my head in my hands crying but that's why I loved her.

I'll be honest about this year's Hoya team. I don't know much about them with all the turnover the had. Now that the season is kicking, I hope to be able catch some of their games.

that's cool...lotta gray areas for most people when it comes to college rooting interests. i hate g town as i'm a big nova fan (went to bloomsburg but grew up about 5 minutes from nova campus)

what kind of basketball did they meet in nyc?
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

that's cool...lotta gray areas for most people when it comes to college rooting interests. i hate g town as i'm a big nova fan (went to bloomsburg but grew up about 5 minutes from nova campus)

what kind of basketball did they meet in nyc? :lol:

That would be a basketball tournament :!: :oops:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    take it easy on the young wildcats tonight, orangemen.

you son's of bitches. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Does anyone else find 11 AM on a Saturday a strange start time for a game? That's the start time for the UConn-Notre Dame game.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Does anyone else find 11 AM on a Saturday a strange start time for a game? That's the start time for the UConn-Notre Dame game.

is there a reason?

i think noon is too early. 11 is ri god damn diculous.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

is there a reason?

i think noon is too early. 11 is ri god damn diculous.
    Don't know if there is a reason; it's at ND. There could be some reason relating to ND. It's on ESPN2.

I don't mind noon games.
  • Options
    that could have been a lot worse. i could barely watch....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202

i thought they were gonna lose by about 20 :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,125

Thank god they didn't lose by under 10. Had Syracuse winning by double digits for my 10th straight win on Streak for the Cash.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

i thought they were gonna lose by about 20 :lol:

they easily could have.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    Newch91 wrote:

tv. they have one every week now. there was one last week as well. they started doing it in the past few years. it's way too early to start a game. i never even liked the noon start times.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

tv. they have one every week now. there was one last week as well. they started doing it in the past few years. it's way too early to start a game. i never even liked the noon start times.

but what's the advantage for tv showing a game at 11 in the morning? i don't get that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    pjhawks wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

but what's the advantage for tv showing a game at 11 in the morning? i don't get that.

one more live game that day instead of a another rerun of sportscenter. if i'm home i'll turn it on.

i know the hawks played temple at 11:00 am a few years ago. was brutal going to the Palestra for an 11:00 am game.
  • Options
    just weird that it's on opposite college game day.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nothing like waking up at 10:45 and having coffee and a bagel while watching UConn.
  • Options
    agonizing. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tough season for Nova?
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Tough season for Nova?

the toughest in years. thank god the sixers are a better team now. pretty good timing there. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    god.
    damn it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    god.
    damn it.
    Another Nova loss?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Newch91 wrote:
    god.
    damn it.
    Another Nova loss?

They'll be lucky if they make the NIT :roll:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA