Options

Big East Basketball thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450

cutz said:

I'm not sure i want more teams added. I like that they play each other twice(home & away).

They are playing each other twice?

yeah i like that you play teams twice. can't wait till nova gets creighton again. but i think 12 would be the perfect number, if the next couple teams are good basketball schools. you'd still get to play most teams twice, and you improve the overall quality of the league. this way, when you get a couple disappointing teams, you don't have to sweat still getting 4-5 bids....

Do you think they would play 22 league games?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    cutz said:

cutz said:

I'm not sure i want more teams added. I like that they play each other twice(home & away).

They are playing each other twice?

yeah i like that you play teams twice. can't wait till nova gets creighton again. but i think 12 would be the perfect number, if the next couple teams are good basketball schools. you'd still get to play most teams twice, and you improve the overall quality of the league. this way, when you get a couple disappointing teams, you don't have to sweat still getting 4-5 bids....

Do you think they would play 22 league games?
    i guess they could. or they can play the same amount they play now while only playing one team once....what do you think?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yea, i thought of that too(^^^^^^^^).

MAYBE they could have 2 divisions of 6 teams each? Play your division twice and the other once?
  • Options
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    That "30 for 30" was a joke. They should have called it what it was: a doc about the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry. Did ESPN and the filmmaker forget UConn was even part of the Big East and carried that conference during the '90s and 2000s and winning 3 national championships? For some reason, Syracuse's national title was the high point of the Big East, instead of, say, UConn's three titles in twelve years. Wasted two hours of my time watching that.

Oh yeah, college football sucks.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Newch91 said:

That "30 for 30" was a joke. They should have called it what it was: a doc about the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry. Did ESPN and the filmmaker forget UConn was even part of the Big East and carried that conference during the '90s and 2000s and winning 3 national championships? For some reason, Syracuse's national title was the high point of the Big East, instead of, say, UConn's three titles in twelve years. Wasted two hours of my time watching that.

I enjoyed it because that was what I watched as a kid. I quit watching hoops, all levels, around the early 90's. But you bring up a good point. The special was like PJ20. Here's our first 5 years, high points of the next 5 and here's the end. It's up to the viewer to fill in the middle image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Newch91 said:

well definitely understand your point but I think the basis of the story was the beginning of the Big East and basically the 1980s in general. it was kind of cool to see some of the highlights of some of the old games. remember watching Pearl hit the half court shot and running right off the court and walter berry's block on pearl in the big east championship game. Mike Gorman was cool too. forgot about that guy.

interesting to think what would have happened if they voted Penn State in before taking Pittsburgh.

and yes fuck college football.
  • Options
    I fell asleep halfway through....was it only about the 80's? I feel like I didn't see a lot of Nova stuff in there either, though I think I dozes off before they got to 85
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211

I fell asleep halfway through....was it only about the 80's? I feel like I didn't see a lot of Nova stuff in there either, though I think I dozes off before they got to 85

mostly on the 80s that I saw. I turned away from it for a bit at 10:00 then went back to it to watch the end. didn't really see a whole lot on Nova either. as mentioned above it was mostly Georgetown Vs. Syracuse with a little St. John's sprinkled in before moving to the present and talking about the football expansions.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mostly on the 80s that I saw. I turned away from it for a bit at 10:00 then went back to it to watch the end. didn't really see a whole lot on Nova either. as mentioned above it was mostly Georgetown Vs. Syracuse with a little St. John's sprinkled in before moving to the present and talking about the football expansions.
    Yeah, Juggler, you didn't miss much. They only threw in a little Villanova and St. John's just so it wouldn't blatantly look like a doc about Syracuse vs. Georgetown.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 said:

pjhawks said:

Yeah, Juggler, you didn't miss much. They only threw in a little Villanova and St. John's just so it wouldn't blatantly look like a doc about Syracuse vs. Georgetown.
    nova/uconn on saturday. just like old times. prepare for the beat down.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Newch91 said:

pjhawks said:

nova/uconn on saturday. just like old times. prepare for the beat down.

Was looking forward to this former Big East matchup. Going to be quite entertaining.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I loved the 30 for 30.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tough and physical. Felt just like a classic Big East game tonight.
  • Options
    Big East had a rough day/night. Pitt, 'Cuse, & Nova are out. UCONN is the ONLY Big East team left.

• Options
    I do believe.....that the BIG EAST is alive and well, mother fuckers

NOVA!!
    chinese-happy.jpg