Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307
    joe159 said:

Buckle in. 
    For sure. Have had the CD for years and not sure if I’ve ever made it through the whole thing in one listen. Not because it isn’t good (obviously), just a bit of journey lol
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Loujoe said:
    ^^That cover is GID I think. Light it up for me if you can.
    I tried to get it to glow, but I couldn't 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    Ok. Don't melt your record. Keep trying!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Loujoe said:
    did you hold your phone light to it for a few minutes and then try? that's what I had to do with my Pack A.D. GITD Unpersons record. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Loujoe said:
    did you hold your phone light to it for a few minutes and then try? that's what I had to do with my Pack A.D. GITD Unpersons record. 
    I'll try that
  • Options
    Just the cover is supposivly gid.
  • Options
    For Django Blue Note Tone Poet Series

Rough amp Tumble Blue Note Tone Poet Series

Both are Tone Poet.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911

Really enjoying this one. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Just got this today.  What a terrific late-night kind of record. I love the way these songs unfold.  So good!

Chris Cacavas – Bumbling Home From The Star

Label:Normal – NORMAL 230
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:2002
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Folk Rock, Indie Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,855
    ARRIVED!!!!!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Only song I remeber from coc is that 'who has won when nothing remains' song. I also remember trying to draw that cool spiked out skull. Maybe i should listen to their other stuff. Too much music, so little time.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Only song I remeber from coc is that 'who has won when nothing remains' song. I also remember trying to draw that cool spiked out skull. Maybe i should listen to their other stuff. Too much music, so little time.
    early shit. when they were punk.

started shifting with animosity into blind. deliverance is the album they really settled into the sludgey stoner rock with pepper keenan on vox and guitar

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    @mrussel1 , just picked up the 3 LP Janos Starker, Suites for Unaccompanied Cello. Going to put it on tonight, the Speakers Corner is probably not going to be as good as the 45, but I kinda wanted the flow to be the same as the OG 3LP.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    MedozK said:
    @mrussel1 , just picked up the 3 LP Janos Starker, Suites for Unaccompanied Cello. Going to put it on tonight, the Speakers Corner is probably not going to be as good as the 45, but I kinda wanted the flow to be the same as the OG 3LP.
    The Speakers Corners set is awesome!  ......and so was the price.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    MedozK said:
    Very nice.  I'm sure it's awesome.  Enjoy it, you classy motherfucker.  
  • Options

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Jeff Buckley Live at the Sine box set. A gorgeous document of music. Must listen for those that aren't familiar. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    John Mayer Trio - Try
    John Mayer - Where the Light Is
    Radiohead - Kid A mnesiac
    Flag Day Soundtrack
    Eddie Vedder - Earthling
    The Cure - Disintegration (very excited about this one)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    Jeff Buckley Live at the Sine box set. A gorgeous document of music. Must listen for those that aren't familiar. 
    The year this came out for RSD, it was THE one I wanted. The main shop I go to didn't get one, but decided to stop at another on my way home and they still had one on the shelf. You're right, it's an amazing document. Absolutely beautiful and the pressing is darn near perfect.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Just picked up the VMP edition of Tool's FI record. Looks super cool! Also ended up with a purple edition of the latest Modest Mouse record as a result of joining up. Win! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    MedozK said:
    Is this pretty much all the Bach cello solos?  If so I am interested.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    It's 100% Bach.  it's the Unaccompanied Cello Suites.  It's probably the most gorgeous thing you've ever heard in your life.  Starker's playing can easily make a man cry.  Whether you get the highly regarded Speakers Corner version or spring for the AP box, you will prize these records.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    It's 100% Bach.  it's the Unaccompanied Cello Suites.  It's probably the most gorgeous thing you've ever heard in your life.  Starker's playing can easily make a man cry.  Whether you get the highly regarded Speakers Corner version or spring for the AP box, you will prize these records.  
    Didn't Yoyo Ma do this too?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Yes, but I've never seen it on some high end vinyl.  Never looked deeply, admittedly.  However, this is hype from AP on the Starker version.  This is what you are paying for, some of the highest quality recording masters, handled by RKS at Sterling and pressed at QRP.  

These newly remastered Mercury Living Presence reissue LPs represent the state of the art of all-analog technology and production. Led by remastering supervisor Thomas Fine, son of high-fidelity recording pioneers C. Robert Fine and Wilma Cozart Fine of Fine Recording Inc. in New York City, these reissues were cut at 45 RPM directly from first-generation 3-track master tapes. A 3-2 channel mix was made directly to the cutting lathe, no "cutting master" tape stage, digital source or digital delay was used.

Thomas Fine made the 3-2 mixes with mastering engineer Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound's new facility in Nashville, Tennesee. Smith manually controlled groove margin and depth on his Neumann VMS-80 lathe, working with no preview signal and bypassing the lathe's margin-control computer. In doing so, he cut these sides the same way the original LP was cut by George Piros, who was Fine Recording Inc's VP and head of mastering. As with the original LP, no "sweetening" equalization or dynamic range control was used.

The Speakers Corner version is also cut from the three track master, but using a different engineer and pressing, not on 45 and not in the box.  But I bet it sounds great too.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Yes, but I've never seen it on some high end vinyl.  Never looked deeply, admittedly.  However, this is hype from AP on the Starker version.  This is what you are paying for, some of the highest quality recording masters, handled by RKS at Sterling and pressed at QRP.  

These newly remastered Mercury Living Presence reissue LPs represent the state of the art of all-analog technology and production. Led by remastering supervisor Thomas Fine, son of high-fidelity recording pioneers C. Robert Fine and Wilma Cozart Fine of Fine Recording Inc. in New York City, these reissues were cut at 45 RPM directly from first-generation 3-track master tapes. A 3-2 channel mix was made directly to the cutting lathe, no "cutting master" tape stage, digital source or digital delay was used.

Thomas Fine made the 3-2 mixes with mastering engineer Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound's new facility in Nashville, Tennesee. Smith manually controlled groove margin and depth on his Neumann VMS-80 lathe, working with no preview signal and bypassing the lathe's margin-control computer. In doing so, he cut these sides the same way the original LP was cut by George Piros, who was Fine Recording Inc's VP and head of mastering. As with the original LP, no "sweetening" equalization or dynamic range control was used.

The Speakers Corner version is also cut from the three track master, but using a different engineer and pressing, not on 45 and not in the box.  But I bet it sounds great too.
    I found the 45RPM vinyl, I found a Mercury, a Japanese version done by philips and the Speakers Corner version...

I'm tempted to buy one but the prices are all over the place.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

I found the 45RPM vinyl, I found a Mercury, a Japanese version done by philips and the Speakers Corner version...

Is the Mercury an original?  If so, that will be expensive.  

I think the Speakers Corner is the most accessible, being fairly priced (under $100) but still exceptional.  The proper retail for the AP 45 is $180.  I bought mine from AP so that's what mine cost.  There will be a repress at some point, but it's expensive on Discogs now.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Is the Mercury an original?  If so, that will be expensive.  

I think the Speakers Corner is the most accessible, being fairly priced (under $100) but still exceptional.  The proper retail for the AP 45 is $180.  I bought mine from AP so that's what mine cost.  There will be a repress at some point, but it's expensive on Discogs now.  
    the 62 is OG, 33rpm and 250.

The AP 45 I see lowest at $320.

Speakers corner version I see at $120.