Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,855
    mickeyrat said:

vault?

no, Under Great White Northern Lights box set. it was a release of their Canadian tour. One dvd film of the tour, one dvd of their 10th anniversary show in St. John's, double vinyl and cd of chosen tracks from the tour, a 7" of two tracks (Wheels On The Bus played on a Winnipeg Transit bus) and a live version of Icky Thump, a book of pictures of the tour. There's an accompanying vinyl of the "b shows" they played over the tour (the transit bus being part of one of them), that is insanely priced on the secondary market. At each show stop, they played a secret 2 or 3 song show in the afternoon at an unknown location that had to be found by word of mouth. I was at the cottage when our b show happened, so I missed it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnwfxtvYd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbUtUNg1eJQ

hmmm. have to look into this. I dig that normal release already. couldnt see it on the third man site.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I don't know if it was ever sold on the TMR site. I bought it off discogs. I finally found a price I was willing to pay. $200 CDN plus shipping (and it was within canada, so it was only $30). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I don't know if it was ever sold on the TMR site. I bought it off discogs. I finally found a price I was willing to pay. $200 CDN plus shipping (and it was within canada, so it was only $30). 

discogs listing shows tmr 2010....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    mickeyrat said:

Cool. I just picked up tickets to see them this summer. The last time I saw Robert Plant was with the Honey Drippers - a long time ago.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mickeyrat said:

discogs listing shows tmr 2010....
    cool. didn't know/remember that it was a vault. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited February 2022
    I remember this being expensive when it came out. I bought the standard LP because although the completist in me wanted the 7" I thought it was too much. I know where there is a reasonable sealed copy, dont think I'll ever buy it but you never know.

I have the b shows on vinyl, was a sucker for all those WS vaults.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    Just got the gold nugget pressing of the Horrible Crowes Elsie. Cool pressing with a 2nd LP of demos. I have an original as well, but it's an excellent album

Also, I know a bunch of folks on here use the Kallax shelves from Ikea. I have a very similar, older system from Amazon that is apparently no longer in production. They look almost identical, but mine have backs. It seems Kallax does not? Has anyone added their own backs? Asking just for continuity. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    edited February 2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    Just got the gold nugget pressing of the Horrible Crowes Elsie. Cool pressing with a 2nd LP of demos. I have an original as well, but it's an excellent album

Also, I know a bunch of folks on here use the Kallax shelves from Ikea. I have a very similar, older system from Amazon that is apparently no longer in production. They look almost identical, but mine have backs. It seems Kallax does not? Has anyone added their own backs? Asking just for continuity. 
    Yes.. I just glued a little 2x2 strips of wood in the back.  Super easy and works perfectly.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    pjpitt89 said:

Also stained it to match.  

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

Cool. I just picked up tickets to see them this summer. The last time I saw Robert Plant was with the Honey Drippers - a long time ago.

they work so well together.

Have seen him 3 times. Twice solo(once headlining and once opener for the who) and with Jimmy on that No Quarter tour.

• Options
    Neil Young - Carnegie Hall 1970.

I decided to cut back on buying records. It lasted 2 weeks, bought this for £18. I had a £5 that I had for Amazon that was a use or lose so chose this.

Got decent reviews here.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    FR181798 said:

I decided to cut back on buying records. It lasted 2 weeks, bought this for £18. I had a £5 that I had for Amazon that was a use or lose so chose this.

Got decent reviews here.
    A great record! You will be very pleased.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    FR181798 said:

Got decent reviews here.

There are worse habits, lol.  And you broke you abstinence nicely!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options
    static111 said:
    FR181798 said:

Got decent reviews here.
    Unfortunately sleeve came with an overwhelming amount of creases so didnt even open. Thanks Amazon!!! This is why I hate buying records from them.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    static111 said:
    FR181798 said:

Got decent reviews here.
    Unfortunately sleeve came with an overwhelming amount of creases so didnt even open. Thanks Amazon!!! This is why I hate buying records from them.

Whenever possible anymore, for new records, I got straight to the label.  Over the last several months I've bought records directly from Blue Note, American Laundromat Records, Bar/None, Anti, Jagjaguwar, Mississippi Records (out of Portland, OR), and Triangle Records.  Not a one of them has been problematic. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    static111 said:
    FR181798 said:

Got decent reviews here.

Whenever possible anymore, for new records, I got straight to the label.  Over the last several months I've bought records directly from Blue Note, American Laundromat Records, Bar/None, Anti, Jagjaguwar, Mississippi Records (out of Portland, OR), and Triangle Records.  Not a one of them has been problematic. 
    Its funny I was doing a bit of reorganisation at the weekend, looking at all the little corner dings etc. on some of my older stuff, I clearly wasnt as fussy 15 - 20 years ago. Maybe because I couldnt just walk into a store and buy a record, it was a case of finding somewhere selling it online and you werent really spoilt for choice so usually just pleased to have it. Record mailers really werent as good either so it was just the way things were. Id like to say I dont use Amazon but if its just a regular black edition then the price and delivery time is usually the best.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301

I'm going to see the Barenaked Ladies live next month! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    static111 said:
    FR181798 said:

Got decent reviews here.

Finally open Soundgardens Ultramega OK reissue I bought at my go to local a couple years ago.

found this on side 3. doesn't affect play of course which sounds fantastic btw. Emailed subpop to see if they'll replace it or do something for me.

• Options
    Pap said:

I'm going to see the Barenaked Ladies live next month! :smiley:
    Awesome! The band isn’t the same without Steven Page imo, but I’m sure it will have the same improv and comical banter as the 90s BL shows.  This BL album is a piece of Canadian music history. They are in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame after all
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Spoon's Lucifer on the Sofa just arrived!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    preordered RVM up and down

• Options
    Anyone familiar with the going rate of an OP of TEN?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    US version released in 94. There are other countries releases from year of release...
    Pearl Jam - Ten

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/1084282-Pearl-Jam-Ten

Shared from the Discogs App

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    US version released in 94. There are other countries releases from year of release...
    Pearl Jam - Ten

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/1084282-Pearl-Jam-Ten

Shared from the Discogs App

Thanks Mickey.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Just arrived yesterday.  Finally, a decent copy of Nils best record ever that was graded at least close to correctly (mint minus but it took some work to clean up and is just barely mint minus):

Nils Lofgren – Back It Up!! Nils Lofgren Live An Authorized Bootleg

Label:A&M Records – SP-8362
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Limited Edition, Promo, Monarch Pressing
    Released:1975
    Genre:Rock
    Style:

• Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    ^^That cover is GID I think. Light it up for me if you can.
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307

• Options
    joe159 said:

Buckle in.