Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    haha, I know, it's just one of those words you know is grammatically correct but somehow still sounded wrong to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    Enjoy. Don't trip over your records in the dark!
    I have poltergeist soundtrack gid.  Bust it out during the Halloween season.
    I had a PJ20 GITD. Sounded like shit. Sold it
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Yep. My record sounds badish too.
    "Glows" good WORDL word to begin with. I don't like the 'w' though.
  • Options
    funny I had no idea until today that GITD records sound like trash. oh well. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ records in general aren't the greatest sounding.  My repop of VS sucks.  I like the vaults though.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908

Freshly delivered from Turntable Lab. 
  • Options
    I don't know why. I'd think its just like black wax. Hmm.
  • Options
    i watched a video youtube and the guy said it was because of the chemical they add to it to make it glow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Few things I’ve picked up over past couple of weeks…
  • Options
    i watched a video youtube and the guy said it was because of the chemical they add to it to make it glow. 
    Mmm. K
  • Options
    Maybe.  

People always say coloured vinyl sounds worse too though. I’m convinced it doesn’t, but they are just dirtier because you can’t see the dust as well to brush off.  GITD is sort of an off white color on the one I have which is also difficult to tell if its clean 
  • Options
    Maybe.  

People always say coloured vinyl sounds worse too though. I’m convinced it doesn’t, but they are just dirtier because you can’t see the dust as well to brush off.  GITD is sort of an off white color on the one I have which is also difficult to tell if its clean 
    Agreed. 
    Coloured vinyl not sounding as good as black is a myth. Black vinyl is, in itself, coloured vinyl. 
    The benefit of black vinyl is that it is the easiest to spot imperfections, dust, debris, etc.
     Buying used coloured vinyl is a real gamble. 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    Maybe.  

Agreed. 
    Coloured vinyl not sounding as good as black is a myth. Black vinyl is, in itself, coloured vinyl. 
    The benefit of black vinyl is that it is the easiest to spot imperfections, dust, debris, etc.
     Buying used coloured vinyl is a real gamble. 
    Yep, it’s easier for sellers to sell coloured vinyl because they don’t have to disclose crap because you can’t see anything. 

Tiny hairlines stick out like a sore thumb on black 

thats why I only buy sealed coloured. 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    RVM V1 & 2.

Yeehaw.
  • Options
    ^Giddy up! +1 & 2 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ^Ditto! Yahtzee!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ^^^ Ditto
    @RoleModelsinBlood31 is the rockstar who hooked this Canadian up. Can’t thank them enough. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^Giddy up! +1 & 2 
    mfc2006 said:
    ^Ditto! Yahtzee!
    ^^^ Ditto
    @RoleModelsinBlood31 is the rockstar who hooked this Canadian up. Can’t thank them enough. 
    I will be curious as to how many people missed out on this when more people realize, not just us PJ stalkers, that this was even an option to buy?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^Giddy up! +1 & 2 
    mfc2006 said:
    ^Ditto! Yahtzee!
    ^^^ Ditto
    I will be curious as to how many people missed out on this when more people realize, not just us PJ stalkers, that this was even an option to buy?
    Be hard to quantify probably. My guess? LOTS. 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    Loujoe said:
    ^Giddy up! +1 & 2 
    mfc2006 said:
    ^Ditto! Yahtzee!
    ^^^ Ditto
    As soon as it hits eBay.  I haven’t checked today. Probably should

its how I get most of my news:
    “ in hand listings”: an item has shipped 
    “a preorder listing”: I better go to the official website now
    “Sold out listing”: crap I was too late

Then people will see it was an option but not anymore 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    I have to say, the vinyl boom is making it harder to keep up with all the drops. Was easier when the industry was a little sleepier lol
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^Giddy up! +1 & 2 
    mfc2006 said:
    ^Ditto! Yahtzee!
    ^^^ Ditto
    As soon as it hits eBay.  I haven’t checked today. Probably should

its how I get most of my news:
    “ in hand listings”: an item has shipped 
    “a preorder listing”: I better go to the official website now
    “Sold out listing”: crap I was too late

Then people will see it was an option but not anymore 
    There is a seller on ebay selling volume 1 and 2 separately for $149 each.

• Options
    RVM V1 & 2.

Yeehaw.
    I got it as well. My delivery says April 1st.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    The RVM reissues! Thanks @mfc2006 for the quick heads up last night! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The RVM reissues! Thanks @mfc2006 for the quick heads up last night! 
    Of course, man!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Just arrived, 3 Nils I didn't have until now:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,850
    edited February 2022

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,850

vault?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

vault?

no, Under Great White Northern Lights box set. it was a release of their Canadian tour. One dvd film of the tour, one dvd of their 10th anniversary show in St. John's, double vinyl and cd of chosen tracks from the tour, a 7" of two tracks (Wheels On The Bus played on a Winnipeg Transit bus) and a live version of Icky Thump, a book of pictures of the tour. There's an accompanying vinyl of the "b shows" they played over the tour (the transit bus being part of one of them), that is insanely priced on the secondary market. At each show stop, they played a secret 2 or 3 song show in the afternoon at an unknown location that had to be found by word of mouth. I was at the cottage when our b show happened, so I missed it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnwfxtvYd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbUtUNg1eJQ

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com