I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    @mrussel1 , just picked up the 3 LP Janos Starker, Suites for Unaccompanied Cello. Going to put it on tonight, the Speakers Corner is probably not going to be as good as the 45, but I kinda wanted the flow to be the same as the OG 3LP.
    Is this pretty much all the Bach cello solos?  If so I am interested.
    It's 100% Bach.  it's the Unaccompanied Cello Suites.  It's probably the most gorgeous thing you've ever heard in your life.  Starker's playing can easily make a man cry.  Whether you get the highly regarded Speakers Corner version or spring for the AP box, you will prize these records.  
    Didn't Yoyo Ma do this too?
    Yes, but I've never seen it on some high end vinyl.  Never looked deeply, admittedly.  However, this is hype from AP on the Starker version.  This is what you are paying for, some of the highest quality recording masters, handled by RKS at Sterling and pressed at QRP.  

These newly remastered Mercury Living Presence reissue LPs represent the state of the art of all-analog technology and production. Led by remastering supervisor Thomas Fine, son of high-fidelity recording pioneers C. Robert Fine and Wilma Cozart Fine of Fine Recording Inc. in New York City, these reissues were cut at 45 RPM directly from first-generation 3-track master tapes. A 3-2 channel mix was made directly to the cutting lathe, no "cutting master" tape stage, digital source or digital delay was used.

Thomas Fine made the 3-2 mixes with mastering engineer Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound's new facility in Nashville, Tennesee. Smith manually controlled groove margin and depth on his Neumann VMS-80 lathe, working with no preview signal and bypassing the lathe's margin-control computer. In doing so, he cut these sides the same way the original LP was cut by George Piros, who was Fine Recording Inc's VP and head of mastering. As with the original LP, no "sweetening" equalization or dynamic range control was used.

The Speakers Corner version is also cut from the three track master, but using a different engineer and pressing, not on 45 and not in the box.  But I bet it sounds great too.
    I found the 45RPM vinyl, I found a Mercury, a Japanese version done by philips and the Speakers Corner version...

I'm tempted to buy one but the prices are all over the place.
    Is the Mercury an original?  If so, that will be expensive.  

I think the Speakers Corner is the most accessible, being fairly priced (under $100) but still exceptional.  The proper retail for the AP 45 is $180.  I bought mine from AP so that's what mine cost.  There will be a repress at some point, but it's expensive on Discogs now.  
    the 62 is OG, 33rpm and 250.

The AP 45 I see lowest at $320.

Speakers corner version I see at $120.
    Looks like $110  https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/16775298?ev=rb&ships_from=United+States
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Arrived today:

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872
    maybe something from here? apparently got on a list....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    Arrived today:

aaack!  Finally delivered!?!  Mine should be here soon then?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    maybe something from here? apparently got on a list....

"For the collector over 40!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Arrived today:

Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Just arrived today! 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Arrived today:

Must be! 
    I’ve been out of town. My wife sent me that photo. I’m pumped to be tearing into it tomorrow. 
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    Arrived today:

Must be! 
    I’ve been out of town. My wife sent me that photo. I’m pumped to be tearing into it tomorrow. 
    So your pic was blurry so I couldn’t see the BONUS record they gave us!!!  

Mine came in today!
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Total impulse purchase at Walmart the other day! Purple vinyl!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited March 2022
    Science Fiction by Brand New. I am excited - this album is great!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    once profit sharing check is in hand in a few hours will be pre-ordering fear inoculum on Amazon.  $168 for thhat version. same 5 single side lp as sold at shows without some bells and whistles and almost $600 less
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    once profit sharing check is in hand in a few hours will be pre-ordering fear inoculum on Amazon.  $168 for thhat version. same 5 single side lp as sold at shows without some bells and whistles and almost $600 less

done deal. now I wait. releases on April 8.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    WOD Live Drugs on blue vinyl
    QOTSA Like Clockwork 2013 RSD version 

I have to stop buying records!! Ahhhhhh!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    edited March 2022

I think I'm on a moratorium right now Chris. A) I ran out of room on my kallax, and b) my wife keeps giving me the side eye every time the mail man drops off yet another flat box. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,838
    Crazy talk you two^
  • Options
    dr. Evil 

• Options
    https://qrates.com/projects/26429-gutter-gaunt-gangster

Picked up The Weeks anniversary edition of Gutter Gaunt Gangster!
  • Options

I think I'm on a moratorium right now Chris. A) I ran out of room on my kallax, and b) my wife keeps giving me the side eye every time the mail man drops off yet another flat box. 
    I just play dumb and act like I don't see the side eye. LOL.

We're in save mode and I told her that there were several LP's that I preordered. I even named the albums. Well, 3 of the 6 arrived in a 6 day span. LOL. Whoops!

By the way, I also ran out of room on the upstairs Expedit, but we have another in the basement. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Both are absolutely fantastic albums, Chris. I know you know this, but the pressings are really great.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,954

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    VMP reissue of Modest Mouse’s 97’ album. I joined to buy the Tool 5 LP set, then cancelled the Tool. Don’t need to
    start! Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Beautiful reissue.
  • Options
    https://www.newburycomics.com/products/les_claypools_duo_de_twang-four_foot_shack_exclusive_2lp?variant=40878966046900

Unsigned.

But you may hate yourself if you don't buy this.
    The jacket is HOT. I'm in love.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    @2-feign-reluctance Did you ever listen to your Caamp live vinyl? I actually just got a second copy and they both have right channel distortion through the majority of the last track, By & By. I’m now guessing yours is the same?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Beautiful reissue.
    Sexy as a mf… I just got my shipping notice. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Sweet^^Really. You will be amazed. Quality craftsmanship. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    @2-feign-reluctance Did you ever listen to your Caamp live vinyl? I actually just got a second copy and they both have right channel distortion through the majority of the last track, By & By. I’m now guessing yours is the same?
    I did, and have not made it to By & By just yet. That freaking blows that your second copy was the same! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,954

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14