Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,420

That’s on my “stuck on a deserted island” album list. Absolutely love that album!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,192
    Would like that. Have one trick pony by him. Nice and mellow.
  • Options
    https://hivoltagerecords.com/search?type=product&q=Mark+lanegan
    Picked up a few earlier. Only 2 left if anyone is iso.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Why did (seemingly) everyone wait for Lanegan to die before buying his albums? It’s a real head scratcher… 
  • Options
    That's me^ late to the party.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    Thanks, @marjen!!!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    Loujoe said:
    yeah, me too. didn't really check out his solo stuff until then. I think that's fairly common....the reason people's music shoots up the charts after they die. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Piper at the gates of dawn.

My friend used to spin this when we were kids. That bike song was so silly.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:
    Piper at the gates of dawn.

My friend used to spin this when we were kids. That bike song was so silly.
    The outro is genius because ... Syd....

http://www.sydbarrett.com/bike/
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,306
    Loujoe said:

this
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I’m late to all parties Lou! Just clicked on the link you provided and saw all the ML stuff was sold out. 
    Perhaps because the artists name was in the news, people think “oh, forgot about that guy” and check out a few songs. Realize it is some good shit and start buying records. Especially a guy like Mark, who was barely on the fringes of pop culture for a hot minute in the early 90s. 

I probably answered my own question and isn’t so head scratching after all. 
  • Options
    lanegan field songs
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,313
    Why did (seemingly) everyone wait for Lanegan to die before buying his albums? It’s a real head scratcher… 
    I never and still, haven't bothered.  I haven't heard anything that moved me.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,540

Any suggestions?
    Blues Funeral
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Any suggestions?
    Blues Funeral
    I'll give it a go, thanks.
  • Options

Any suggestions?
    I mean between Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, Mad Season, Gutter Twins, his solo and Mark Lanegan Band stuff, plus all the other collaborations  (Isobel Campbell, Soulsavers etc) there should be something that takes your fancy and I definitely wouldn't discount it all if you don't immediately get into Blues Funeral. Bubblegum was probably my starting point for his solo work, but it was Gutter Twins and Blues Funeral that really pulled me in to exploring his full catalogue.
  • Options
    First time I heard Tom waits. Wth is this! Now he lives in my veins-good or bad. Or zappa. Primus. Like going into a cold ocean. I'm  jumping in, not sure if I'll rush out of hang around a bit and breathe all that cold water in. 
    Something like that.

Also the addicted collector in me likes to chase tough to get things down. I should get help for that.
  • Options

Any suggestions?
    I mean between Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, Mad Season, Gutter Twins, his solo and Mark Lanegan Band stuff, plus all the other collaborations  (Isobel Campbell, Soulsavers etc) there should be something that takes your fancy and I definitely wouldn't discount it all if you don't immediately get into Blues Funeral. Bubblegum was probably my starting point for his solo work, but it was Gutter Twins and Blues Funeral that really pulled me in to exploring his full catalogue.
    Screaming Trees had their moments.  Songs for the deaf was good but obviously short lived.  I wouldn't even count him as an integral part of Mad Seasons.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    First time I heard Tom waits. Wth is this! Now he lives in my veins-good or bad. Or zappa. Primus. Like going into a cold ocean. I'm  jumping in, not sure if I'll rush out of hang around a bit and breathe all that cold water in. 
    Something like that.

Also the addicted collector in me likes to chase tough to get things down. I should get help for that.
    I just can't get into him.  I'm not in that place yet...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    You Could Have it So Much Better. I have always loved this album - So much fun.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Any suggestions?
    Screaming Trees had their moments.  Songs for the deaf was good but obviously short lived.  I wouldn't even count him as an integral part of Mad Seasons.

3 added songs to the Mad Season Above reissue. All Lanegan with McCready and Martin. I think they pulled McKagen in for bass on those as John Baker Saunders died from od not long after Staley did.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited March 2022
    Just noticed a new Weezer record coming out in March. Looked at the vinyl pre order. Shipping Feb 2023. These backlogs are killing new releases. By the time I get the records I've lost a fair bit of interest I had. Still not got Van Weezer yet.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    mickeyrat said:

Any suggestions?

3 added songs to the Mad Season Above reissue. All Lanegan with McCready and Martin. I think they pulled McKagen in for bass on those as John Baker Saunders died from od not long after Staley did.
    I don't think McKagan was involved in that project, was he? I thought those three songs had been recorded with Saunders, just without vocals, and they gave the tapes to Lanegan asking if he'd sing on them for the rerelease.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Any suggestions?

I don't think McKagan was involved in that project, was he? I thought those three songs had been recorded with Saunders, just without vocals, and they gave the tapes to Lanegan asking if he'd sing on them for the rerelease.  

looking at the release notes on discogs , you are correct.  guess I conflated the sonic evolution show with the reissue.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    You Could Have it So Much Better. I have always loved this album - So much fun.

I saw them in December of 2008 at the Rhythm and Vines festival in Gisborne NZ.  They played four songs off this album, but interestingly played more songs off their debut with a few from the Tonight album that was released the next year. 

This is all hindsight because when they played I had no idea who they were. Only became aware of them at this show and they were good. Public Enemy and Shihad were killer. I believe that was a three day festival and FF, PE and Shihad were the three headliners. After a quick internet search, that was confirmed:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    They are coming to Vancouver this summer. Thinking about going, but the tix are pretty expensive... I also have their S/T release. Great album, though not quite as good as their second IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203

Just landed! I was able to find a way to make this happen! 😀
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

sold a kidney , huh?

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    Among the 8 or 10 country artists I admire, Waylon Jennings ranks right up there beside Willie Nelson as a favorite.  I somehow have managed to miss out on this record over all these years but finally tracked down a nice copy recently and it's right up there with the best of Jennings' Lps.  I real gem this one!
    Oh, and if you think your typical rock star lives and rocks hard and all that, check out Waylon's autobiography.  Man, that guy took it to the limit but never lost the vision of his music through the haze and always remained a good soul.  One of the best, for sure.

Waylon* – Dreaming My Dreams

Label:RCA Victor – APL1-1062
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Hollywood Pressing, Orange Labels
    Released:1975
    Genre:Folk, World, & Country
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

Nice. Probably one of the few records I can't imagine parting with.