Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I know this is off topic... And I know there was a thread about this but I can't find it.

But has anyone found sleeves bid enough for boxes of 4 vinyl? I'm thinking like Jack White vault size for example. There are some on Amazon that say they handle 1.25 but the reviews are dubious to say the least.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/260545/custom-poly-sleeves-for-vault-vinyls-new-pix-of-super-box-set-sleeves/p1
    Nice thanks! Did you get them? I'm looking for sleeves for large boxes.
    I got my sleeves from Brothermoon a few weeks ago...
    they are really nice!!
    Here's my post from that thread...his sleeves work GREAT for other boxsets too!!
    derbydave said:

For any My Morning Jacket fans here...
    Brothermoon's No Code sleeve fits the "It Still Moves" 4 album reissue,
    AND the Vault 5 sleeve works great for the OKONOKOS boxset!!

He also makes big sleeves for the PJ Super Deluxe releases and the Benaroya Hall boxsets!!
    Really nice product :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I know this is off topic... And I know there was a thread about this but I can't find it.

But has anyone found sleeves bid enough for boxes of 4 vinyl? I'm thinking like Jack White vault size for example. There are some on Amazon that say they handle 1.25 but the reviews are dubious to say the least.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/260545/custom-poly-sleeves-for-vault-vinyls-new-pix-of-super-box-set-sleeves/p1
    @derbydave has them. He could answer some questions for you. I have seen them. They are really well made.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,829
    They look thick as a brick..
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mrussel1 said:

They look thick as a brick..

They are incredibly sturdy.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I got them and they are awesome!
    Worth the wait ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Bags Unlimited make larger sizes available. I actually like them a little better because they are clear and almost look like the box is still shrink wrapped. https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/3442/box-album-sleeves-with-flap
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Bags Unlimited make larger sizes available. I actually like them a little better because they are clear and almost look like the box is still shrink wrapped. https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/3442/box-album-sleeves-with-flap

Do they fit your Jack White boxes? Those are the biggest ones I have, I think. I don't mind them being a little big for the PJ vaults.. better big than small.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    mrussel1 said:

And I love how the skateboard in the Inxs cover has that plastic tail guard on it! It's like they bought one from Target for the shoot. No self respecting skater would ever buy a board that had one of those. That being said, Kick was a good album.

I remember those boards back in the eighties. People did skate with tailguards and rails for a while plus they still sell them for retro boards. Powell Peralta still make them etc. But they have gone out of fashion I guess.
    That board is a Vision Psycho Stick.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

mrussel1 said:

And I love how the skateboard in the Inxs cover has that plastic tail guard on it! It's like they bought one from Target for the shoot. No self respecting skater would ever buy a board that had one of those. That being said, Kick was a good album.

I remember those boards back in the eighties. People did skate with tailguards and rails for a while plus they still sell them for retro boards. Powell Peralta still make them etc. But they have gone out of fashion I guess.
    That board is a Vision Psycho Stick.
    Yeah but Powell Peralta is now sold in like Target and such.. Sort of how Mongoose used to be a good bike but they are in Dick's and Wal-Mart.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Do they fit your Jack White boxes? Those are the biggest ones I have, I think. I don't mind them being a little big for the PJ vaults.. better big than small.
    Yes. Perfect fit. The new #30 is a little wider, tight fit, but still nice. The vaults are funky though, cause the are more rectangle than square. I got a few from the guy making them on The Porch to cover my vaults.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators - Original 1966 Mono First Press

Patti Smith - Horses - Original 1975 First US Press

Electric Prunes - Underground - Original 1967 Mono First Press
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 651
    She & Him - "Vol. 1"

Bush - "Razorblade Suitcase" ($9.99 at Popmarket last week)

Nirvana - "Nirvana" Greatest Hits

Sly & The Family Stone - "Original Albums" 5 LP Box Set (On sale today at Popmarket for $39.99, and used a 20% off code, originally $100)
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017
    Ignore double post
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017
    Sir Elton John - The Fox

Aerosmith - Night In The Ruts

Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Spun my new vinyl this weekend - Coldplay- Parachutes - Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways and The Colour and Shape all sound great - Nora Jones - Come Away with me and The Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin both have non fill issues - now time to test Pop Market and Merchindise Outlets return/refund policies.....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Asking a big favor- -anyone have a vinyl me please account and can buy me the Justin Timberlake vinyl in their shop? I'll PayPal you immediately and send you a mystery vinyl box set for your troubles!

Thank you :). It's for my wife who is obsessed with JT.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436

Asking a big favor- -anyone have a vinyl me please account and can buy me the Justin Timberlake vinyl in their shop? I'll PayPal you immediately and send you a mystery vinyl box set for your troubles!

Sure it is. ;)
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Sure it is. ;)
    So what, maybe I want to bring sexy back?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,045
    Revolver : Beatles
    Their best album?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,368
    mcgruff10 said:

Revolver : Beatles
    Their best album?

Yep, certainly is!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,039
    That Justin Timberlake album is legit as fuck. I'll cop to loving it. So many great jams on that one.
  • Options

That Justin Timberlake album is legit as fuck. I'll cop to loving it. So many great jams on that one.

Right? Not a member of VMP are you?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029

My girlfriend got me a three month subscription for Christmas, so it's about to run out (or I plan to cancel it soon - I need to check out the shop first for myself before I do so) but I can help you out. Send me a PM.

I think Jim James's new album is in the shop. I still need to pick that one up on vinyl.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Right? Not a member of VMP are you?
    I am, but already ordered it.
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

My girlfriend got me a three month subscription for Christmas, so it's about to run out (or I plan to cancel it soon - I need to check out the shop first for myself before I do so) but I can help you out. Send me a PM.

I think Jim James's new album is in the shop. I still need to pick that one up on vinyl.
    It was sold out last I checked
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,973
    Drab Majesty "The Demonstration". When I watch this video I feel like I'm watching MTV in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GV5C3hiic
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

Cool thanks man! Pm'd
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436

scurtis said:

Sure it is. ;)
    So what, maybe I want to bring sexy back?
    Can't fault a guy for that. Haha
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029

LukinFan said:

It was sold out last I checked
    It is. I should had bought it last month when I saw it. Oh well.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1