Anyone know Fr Canadian w NYR jersey Vedder #9? *UPDATE 3/6*

Comments

• jbalicki10 wrote:
    Didn't find the whole story anywhere on this thread...is this all about someone grabbing a wine bottle from you?

Sounds like a crappy thing to do, but if that's all it was the reaction here is a bit over the top. Is there more?

That's what I got. Someone stole eddie veeder's trash that was given to a fan. I can imagine calling the police.

911: What is your emergency?
    OP: Someone stole my wine bottle that eddie veeder used.
    911: Your calling 911 for trash that was stolen? Are you sure it wasnt a garbage man?
    OP: No a NY Ranger Fan.
    911: Click.

I think there was another thread that got locked. She was assaulted and also got the wine bottle stolen.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Didn't find the whole story anywhere on this thread...is this all about someone grabbing a wine bottle from you?

Sounds like a crappy thing to do, but if that's all it was the reaction here is a bit over the top. Is there more?

That's what I got. Someone stole eddie veeder's trash that was given to a fan. I can imagine calling the police.

911: What is your emergency?
    OP: Someone stole my wine bottle that eddie veeder used.
    911: Your calling 911 for trash that was stolen? Are you sure it wasnt a garbage man?
    OP: No a NY Ranger Fan.
    911: Click.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116849
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    jbalicki10 wrote:

One man's trash is another's treasure.

If someone gets an empty wine bottle from Ed at a concert it is no longer trash, it becomes a souvenir. Would you call used guitar picks that band members throw into the audience trash if they are too worn? What about the broken tambourines Ed likes to toss out?
  • She was assulted. The bottle wasn't the main issue here.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Any update with this story?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    nevmiles wrote:
    Any update with this story?

I updated the initial post with the latest information.

I removed the details of the assault because I did not think it served a purpose anymore.

And for those asking, no it was not simply over a wine bottle. It was what was done to me in order to steal the wine bottle from me. This guy seems to enjoy pysically bullying and/or threatening women to get momentos that the band gives out. I wasn't the first, but hope to be the last.
  • SO DID THEY GET HIM?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    thats a real shame, but was to be expected....

:(
  • *edited for update*
    Thanks for everyone's help and support involving this unfortunate issue. With the help of many I have been able to posiitively ID him. I have contacted the 10C and the Philly PD. Because he is outside the country and I have no physical injuries, not much can be done at this point. Just be aware at shows and report him to security (the band's as well as the venue) if you have any issues with him. Thanks again I have been really touched ny the outpouring of support that I received on this forum.

sadly, pretty much what i expected. difficult enough even if the guy was around, but being a foreign citizen, just that much more difficult. however, hopefully all the info 1. gives you some sense of closure 2. you have helped others by warning them.

much love cyn...may you and yours have a beautiful thanksgiving!
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• what ever happened with this?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    what ever happened with this?

"heard he's sleeping with the fishes. couldn't get out of those cement shoes by the harbor. the don doesn't like abusive men who attack the ladies. so he got what was coming to hims."

not sure what really happened to this guy.
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    Once you met Jimmy, this is easy to read.... great/"real" person.... much love to da kid....

ALSO TO GET BACK ONTO POINT

Great work everyone for fully ID'ing this guy...... I guess it up to the OP and philly pd on how far it goes now[/quote]+1

dats da kid just represtin strong island yo[/quote]

Was hangin' with Jimmy in Montreal and Ottawa in '05...saw this guy outside the meetup in Montreal and got a blank stare when I walked by and said "Let's go Rangers"...everyone will know who he is...asshole. Sorry that happened to you...amazes me that there always have to be shitheads at every show.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited January 2010
    What a Douchebag
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I look forward to this guy getting the boot from the venue...

his MO - he'll be stalking outside of the venue before the show, however it might be best to wait for him to use his ticket to enter and then snitch....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    jrnyc wrote:
    Glad to see that you are pursuing this. What happened to you was terrible and you could easily let this fade away. But your efforts will hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else.

This guy sounds like a hard core fan , so if you continue to publicize this is bound to be found.I concur with another poster, please no one derail this thread so it gets locked.
    he may be a HARD [looks big] fan but i wouldn't like to call him a real pj fan i hope hes identified and ostracised good luck send him to England well put him in the tower :twisted: :twisted:
    *edited for update*
    Thanks for everyone's help and support involving this unfortunate issue. With the help of many I have been able to posiitively ID him. I have contacted the 10C and the Philly PD. Because he is outside the country and I have no physical injuries, not much can be done at this point. Just be aware at shows and report him to security (the band's as well as the venue) if you have any issues with him. Thanks again :) I have been really touched ny the outpouring of support that I received on this forum.

WineThief1.jpg

WineThief2.jpg

WineThief3.jpg
    i think in the interest of all REAL pj fans this thread should be kept up dated and not allowed to slip :x :x
  • ManUnitedManUnited Posts: 160
    bump
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
    BUMP
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    When I listen to the Philly bootlegs and the part of the show where this happens, comes on, I hear Eddie saying something along the lines of "Its for the girl big man!"
  • jrnyc wrote:
    When I listen to the Philly bootlegs and the part of the show where this happens, comes on, I hear Eddie saying something along the lines of "Its for the girl big man!"

philly boots?? where? what? phily boots? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • jrnyc wrote:

philly boots?? where? what? phily boots? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :lol:

HAHA! Youtube Im guessing.
  • I'm not sure where the OP is in finding this guy...But I have a confirmed sighting in Ottawa...

A friend of mine saw the person picutred in this thread at the Ottawa Senators vs. NYR game on Tuesday night (March 2nd) in section 120 wearing this jersey. I sent my friend the pics from this post and he confirmed 100% that it was the same guy...

Good luck to the OP...
    PPIMB
    "Shoe the Shoeless!"
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I just wanted to give everyone an update. I was contacted by the guy who took the bottle of wine. He seems to be sincerely sorry. He clearly was drinking a lot that day and feels horrible about what he did. I have accepted his apology and we are talking it out. He wants to drive to NY to return the bottle to me in person. I appreciate everyone's support SO much. But it is also important to me that no one acts out on him if they see him in the future. 2 wrongs do not make a right. He did something terrible to a fellow fan, but has recognized it and apologized and would like to apologize to the entire Pearl Jam community . I would like to put this behind me and move forward with forgiveness. He would like to as well. Thanks :)

I edited my original post as well. Peace.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    It's really great to hear that, all the best to you :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • foofan1990foofan1990 Posts: 139
    Good to hear
  • I just wanted to give everyone an update. I was contacted by the guy who took the bottle of wine. He seems to be sincerely sorry. He clearly was drinking a lot that day and feels horrible about what he did. I have accepted his apology and we are talking it out. He wants to drive to NY to return the bottle to me in person. I appreciate everyone's support SO much. But it is also important to me that no one acts out on him if they see him in the future. 2 wrongs do not make a right. He did something terrible to a fellow fan, but has recognized it and apologized and would like to apologize to the entire Pearl Jam community . I would like to put this behind me and move forward with forgiveness. He would like to as well. Thanks :)

Thats good that he's manning up. Let us know if you ACTUALLY get that bottle of wine back.
    Lets hope this guy takes this as a lesson...and now that he knows how bad he gets when he drinks...is more responsible in the future.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I just wanted to give everyone an update. I was contacted by the guy who took the bottle of wine. He seems to be sincerely sorry. He clearly was drinking a lot that day and feels horrible about what he did. I have accepted his apology and we are talking it out. He wants to drive to NY to return the bottle to me in person. I appreciate everyone's support SO much. But it is also important to me that no one acts out on him if they see him in the future. 2 wrongs do not make a right. He did something terrible to a fellow fan, but has recognized it and apologized and would like to apologize to the entire Pearl Jam community . I would like to put this behind me and move forward with forgiveness. He would like to as well. Thanks :)

you should take someone with you.
    I miss igotid88
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    We must sacrifice him....for harvest.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    We must sacrifice him....for harvest.
    :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101

It's very big of you to accept an apology, and very big of him to give one. I hope we all hear that you met the guy and got the bottle back. You deserve to have things work out for you here :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1