Anyone know Fr Canadian w NYR jersey Vedder #9? *UPDATE 3/6*

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I just wanted to give everyone an update. I was contacted by the guy who took the bottle of wine. He seems to be sincerely sorry. He clearly was drinking a lot that day and feels horrible about what he did. I have accepted his apology and we are talking it out. I appreciate everyone's support SO much. But it is also important to me that no one acts out on him if they see him in the future. 2 wrongs do not make a right. He did something terrible to a fellow fan, but has recognized it and apologized and would like to apologize to the entire Pearl Jam community . I would like to put this behind me and move forward with forgiveness. He would like to as well. Thanks :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I don't know this guy but he looks WASTED
  • is that guy from upstate NY?
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    is that guy from upstate NY?

No, Canada
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    sorry that happened to you. i remember watching from afar how ed handed down the bottle and then spent what seemed like ages pointing to where it was supposed to go. knew then there was some douchebaggery going on, but didn't think it would extend past the show. i hope you find some justice in some way.
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    Is this the definitive pic of the guy that snagged the wine bottle?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad ju-ju!!!!!!!!!
  • If I am not mistaken. Dont you need a passport to enter the US even if coming from Canada. If you filed a police report wouldnt they be able to obtain recent entrants to the US and search for a Passport photo.
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    edited November 2009
    Thank you!

bottlethief.jpg

he looks wasted, you look super happy
    sorry about that happening to you :(
    Although if he was following you you should have told security, not judging you, i know everyone was still on a high from the show.
    Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    edited November 2009
    You should post the other pic of him also ....the one where he is holding the Rangers jersey
    Post edited by Hawkshore on
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    BG122367 wrote:
    If I am not mistaken. Dont you need a passport to enter the US even if coming from Canada. If you filed a police report wouldnt they be able to obtain recent entrants to the US and search for a Passport photo.

i sent you a pm

and thanks everyone for your concern and support - someone MUST know his name. he has harassed 2 girls on here that we know of, I am sure there are more.
  • he stole your wine bottle?!....they should make a movie about him called Douche Biggalow!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    I hope this all works out for you!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,677
    Best of luck with this.

Hope someone knows his name.
    Hawkshore wrote:
    You should post the other pic of him also ....the one where he is holding the Rangers jersey

good idea, I did!
  • Hawkshore wrote:

good idea, I did!

do you have a pic with just you and the bottle?
    Just saying in case you never see the bottle again it'd be good to have a picture without that creep in it.
    Shows:
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    sending you a PM later today....

My advise to all, keep this more informative (to prevent it from getting locked). We all know this is shit what he did - assault/theft on woman half his size. This time just try to pass on/collect information so it can go to the proper authorities.

ALSO, THIS PERSON COULD HAVE BEEN IN LOT B-2. If anyone can ID him in any background shots there, please PM me.
    wishlistfoundation.org
    Hawkshore wrote:

good idea, I did!

do you have a pic with just you and the bottle?
    Just saying in case you never see the bottle again it'd be good to have a picture without that creep in it.

I know :cry: Unfortunatley I do not. He even had to get in my pic. But I am glad he did just for the proof that it is the same guy in the otehr pics and I id'd him properly. The guy who took this pic has a pic of just the bottle - he is sending that to me.
    sending you a PM later today....

My advise to all, keep this more informative (to prevent it from getting locked). We all know this is shit what he did - assault/theft on woman half his size. This time just try to pass on/collect information so it can go to the proper authorities.

ALSO, THIS PERSON COULD HAVE BEEN IN LOT B-2. If anyone can ID him in any background shots there, please PM me.

Yes, PLEASE. Thanks ECM :D

• I know :cry: Unfortunatley I do not. He even had to get in my pic. But I am glad he did just for the proof that it is the same guy in the otehr pics and I id'd him properly. The guy who took this pic has a pic of just the bottle - he is sending that to me.

ah, i see.
    Well I'm sure you will get a name and be able to press charges soon enough with the help from fans on the pit.
    Did you file a police report yet?
    Shows:
  • Keep us updated. I can't wait to hear about him being arrested
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • 24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    this guy's has been to a lot of shows. i saw him on the canadian tour a bunch of times with that rangers jersey. he's french canadian. it's gonna be tough for him to go to another show without someone giving him shit or knocking him out.

say goodbye to pearl jam concerts buddy!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    This guy messed with the wrong people! :twisted:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Glad to see that you are pursuing this. What happened to you was terrible and you could easily let this fade away. But your efforts will hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else.

This guy sounds like a hard core fan , so if you continue to publicize this is bound to be found.I concur with another poster, please no one derail this thread so it gets locked.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    BG122367 wrote:
    If I am not mistaken. Dont you need a passport to enter the US even if coming from Canada. If you filed a police report wouldnt they be able to obtain recent entrants to the US and search for a Passport photo.
    That seems fairly complex an onerous. I don't know that they would go through that process for a situation like this or not. The easiest way to find out this guy's information is from the 10 Club, but I am sure that legally, they wouldn't be able to release that information without a request from the police.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    The problem is I dont have his last name. It is believed that his first name is Maxim/Maxime. Frnech Canadian. I think either from Montreal or Quebec. I cannot remember.

And what Beer Baron said is true. For this level crime, they will not go through the investigation process or extradite him from Canada. Unfortunate, but true. I just do not want this to happen to another girl. He's done it twice that we KNOW of - god knows how many more.

Someone from Canada or the US knows this guy - he goes to tons of shows. If you care about women's safety, you would do the right thing and pm me his name. He's not going to go to jail. But he will hopefully learn his lesson.
    BeerBaron wrote:
    BG122367 wrote:
    That seems fairly complex an onerous. I don't know that they would go through that process for a situation like this or not. The easiest way to find out this guy's information is from the 10 Club, but I am sure that legally, they wouldn't be able to release that information without a request from the police.
    we need to determine his name-
    then the local police can do more than complete a John Doe report and the victim will have a much easier time with the 10c and any government agencies that may get involved
    The problem is I dont have his last name. It is believed that his first name is Maxim/Maxime. Frnech Canadian. I think either from Montreal or Quebec. I cannot remember.

And what Beer Baron said is true. For this level crime, they will not go through the investigation process or extradite him from Canada. Unfortunate, but true. I just do not want this to happen to another girl. He's done it twice that we KNOW of - god knows how many more.

Someone from Canada or the US knows this guy - he goes to tons of shows. If you care about women's safety, you would do the right thing and pm me his name. He's not going to go to jail. But he will hopefully learn his lesson.
    yeah and if you can get the philly police to issue a warrant for his arrest, he wont be able to enter the US
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Never seen or ever heard of him..
    Looks like you're getting some good advice though, good luck!
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    You know, now that I look at his picture I wonder if he is the same guy from Saratoga '00 who kept climbing into our seats trying to get up front. If I remember the guy had hair back then, but his grin just looks way too familiar. I posted a lengthy thread about the incident years back when it happened. Security kept dragging him back to his section, and he kept climbing over rows and rows of seats, all stealth-like, to try and get up front (we were 2nd row, non-orchestra pit seats). Finally we all had enough of just laughing and shrugging it off, and I said "Dude, you have to be kidding me? Knock it off. These are our seats and I'm sick of you climbing over into our section and bumping into us". He just looked at me, and with a definite French-Canadian accent he said "It is Pearl Jam, yes?" as if to say "No, it's cool, we're all in this together...that's Pearl Jam, right man?" Needless to say I was having none of it. That was the final time he attempted that stunt.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    You know, now that I look at his picture I wonder if he is the same guy from Saratoga '00 who kept climbing into our seats trying to get up front. If I remember the guy had hair back then, but his grin just looks way too familiar. I posted a lengthy thread about the incident years back when it happened. Security kept dragging him back to his section, and he kept climbing over rows and rows of seats, all stealth-like, to try and get up front (we were 2nd row, non-orchestra pit seats). Finally we all had enough of just laughing and shrugging it off, and I said "Dude, you have to be kidding me? Knock it off. These are our seats and I'm sick of you climbing over into our section and bumping into us". He just looked at me, and with a definite French-Canadian accent he said "It is Pearl Jam, yes?" as if to say "No, it's cool, we're all in this together...that's Pearl Jam, right man?" Needless to say I was having none of it. That was the final time he attempted that stunt.

sounds like him...on 10/31 someone posted he was in the 200 section talking to her husband - he made his way down to the front row.
  • If I see him in Oz or NZ he's getting knee'd in the groin, next us/canadian tour keep pics with you to hand out to staff and other PJ fans, he won't get away with something like that.