Ed's wine stolen from me outside and physically assaulted

Comments

• hold off on the pitchforks until they are sure who did it, please.

no, bring on the pitchforks...using a youtube video, the OP has confirmed who did it.

read the thread! :thumbup: :clap:
    Unless... IT WAS HIM!!!!

lol.

New Orleans, the FRENCH thing.... IT'S MEANT TO BE.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• I have a few things to the OP...

1. 30-40 minutes after the show, the lot and the cops are NOT gone.

2. No SECURITY ANYWHERE? Two large events going on 1,000 feet a part.. I find that hard to believe.

3. You were waiting for a friend who couldn't find you? You were underneath a huge Pearl Jam sign..

Some of these things don't add up..

I'm sorry it happened.. just those things kinda stuck out to me..
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I have a few things to the OP...

2. No SECURITY ANYWHERE? Two large events going on 1,000 feet a part.. I find that hard to believe.

3. You were waiting for a friend who couldn't find you? You were underneath a huge Pearl Jam sign..

Lots of people in lot, but not next to venue. no security nearby - as in nearby to see the "incident". I went running thru the lot after him but lost him. I should have alerted someone but I was so upset and just wanted to go home. i wasnt underneath the PJ sign - thought I was. someone who saw me outside said I was on other side.

I would never lie about something like this. It was really upsetting and in a haze. I dont remember every single little detail. I went from thrilled to scared.

Lots of people in lot, but not next to venue. no security nearby - as in nearby to see the "incident". I went running thru the lot after him but lost him. I should have alerted someone but I was so upset and just wanted to go home. i wasnt underneath the PJ sign - thought I was. someone who saw me outside said I was on other side.

I would never lie about something like this. It was really upsetting and in a haze. I dont remember every single little detail. I went from thrilled to scared.
    Alright, and once again im not calling you a liar. Just a few points that didn't make sense to me.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    edited November 2009

dude, these are not the things to say to a lady after experiencing something like this. You might have meant nothing but now's not the time for bringing up things that 'stick out' to you and questions. Just listen and be there for her. It must have been a horrifying experience and its not fair to even try to imagine what she felt let alone ask questions or bring up things that dont add up to you
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318

You willingly kissed this guy?!!?!? Yikes.

I hope they get the bastard.
  • michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    edited November 2009

None of these things have anything to do with the fact that this guy assaulted and stole something from the OP. So what is your point, exactly? Because it seems to be to shift blame onto her somehow. The only one responsible for the thief's actions is the thief.
    Post edited by michelleelise on
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259

Wow you sound like a defense attorney!

I was not with her, but I can surely share some insight to your questions.

1. The lot is across the street from the side of the building the OP is speaking of and police were more worried about what was going on in the street not what what going on beside the venue.

2. I don't recall any security working the outside of the venue after the show as I left. Also, maybe she wasn't thinking clearly enough to find a security guard, she was just assaulted.

3. Maybe that friend didn't realize what side of the building had the PJ sign, if they parked on the west side of the building they may never have saw it.

There is no reason to question her story...
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?

the fact that you pursued him after he was kissing you, hugging you, pulling your hair, etc...that shows some real courage right there. i mean this in the nicest way to you and to my fellow fans, but i wouldn't waste time defending yourself on this forum. focus your energy elsewhere on figuring out who this person is because he's certainly not going to pop up here. if you haven't done so already file a police report and get his picture to them.

good luck. :thumbup:
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY

None of these things have anything to do with the fact that this guy assaulted and stole something from the OP. So what is your point, exactly? Because it seems to be to shift blame onto her somehow. The only one responsible for the thief's actions are the thief.
    Not blaming her, im trying to figure out how he got away so easily. And just how lucky he was that he didn't get caught.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• What a douche...

Please do go after him. This kind of behavior cannot be accepted anywhere. I remember that some people that had legal issues in the past had problems crossing the board (at least into Canada, so maybe it's the same for somebody going to the US), so if int he future he gets his entrance denied it's something. Poor us that live up here and will have to share the same environment with him...

Stay positive, don't let this bastard ruin your experience. You won the lottery in one of the most memorable concerts in recent history!!!

dude, these are not the things to say to a lady after experiencing something like this. You might have meant nothing but now's not the time for bringing up things that 'stick out' to you and questions. Just listen and be there for her. It must have been a horrifying experience and its not fair to even try to imagine what she felt let alone ask questions or bring up things that dont add up to you

thank you xoxo and thank you Jeff Murray. For some people, I think they just need to be there to understand. The whole thing is unfathomable....
  • know who he reminds me of? the dude from Higher Learning that recruits Remy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0369513/

• what a fucking horrible thing to do to someone, but after a gig when everyone's on high, fucking coward, the size of the fucker.
    i wasn't a memeber of the 10c in june when they played the uk so couldn't get a ticket to any of the shows (at a reasonable price) but horrible arse lickers like this get to go and fuck up someone elses night, no justice. so if anyone sees him at another pj show, give it to him big time.

NOW LETS SPREAD THE LOVE EVERYBODY AND TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS BOARD, THE MIGHTY PEARL JAM. THIS CUNT'S HAD ENOUGH OF OUR TIME.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • what a fucking horrible thing to do to someone, but after a gig when everyone's on high, fucking coward, the size of the fucker.
    i wasn't a memeber of the 10c in june when they played the uk so couldn't get a ticket to any of the shows (at a reasonable price) but horrible arse lickers like this get to go and fuck up someone elses night, no justice. so if anyone sees him at another pj show, give it to him big time.

NOW LETS SPREAD THE LOVE EVERYBODY AND TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS BOARD, THE MIGHTY PEARL JAM. THIS ______ HAD ENOUGH OF OUR TIME.

dude in the US we're nice to our women. i kindly ask you to edit your post.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    man. how do you show up from a foreign country, dont get 10c tickets, be an ass at the ticket window, buy tickets from 'someone' out front, and end up front row center?
  • assault = 9 1 1

NOW LETS SPREAD THE LOVE EVERYBODY AND TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS BOARD, THE MIGHTY PEARL JAM. THIS CUNT'S HAD ENOUGH OF OUR TIME.
    Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

NOW LETS SPREAD THE LOVE EVERYBODY AND TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS BOARD, THE MIGHTY PEARL JAM. THIS ______ HAD ENOUGH OF OUR TIME.

He's talking about the guy.. I think.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    there was definitely no or hardly any security or powers of authority out there when I left. There was a guy or two selling bootleg shirts a few feet from the exit doors.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

You're such an immature asshole its not even funny. How dare you even think that the OP is lying. I went to 3 outta 4 philly concerts and I really didn't see any security anywhere after the concert. So yes its very easy to mug or rape someone. Also outside the venue wasn't all that well lit. So yes it was hard to see at times.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

He's talking about the guy.. I think.

maybe he is...nice 6th post "dirty".

MayDay10 wrote:
    man. how do you show up from a foreign country, dont get 10c tickets, be an ass at the ticket window, buy tickets from 'someone' out front, and end up front row center?

If you look at pics, he has no wrist band on so he prob moved up - I doubt those were his seats. I was in 6th row and moved up for last song. At that point security was lax. Not sure if he was front row entire show or just at end. I guess only people who knew are people in 2nd row behind him.
  • metsfan wrote:

You're such an immature asshole its not even funny. How dare you even think that the OP is lying. I went to 3 outta 4 philly concerts and I really didn't see any security anywhere after the concert. So yes its very easy to mug or rape someone. Also outside the venue wasn't all that well lit. So yes it was hard to see at times.
    Hey, moron. I did not SAY SHE WAS LYING.

I pointed those out, because it's just CRAZY how he got away with it.

Is it ok for me to wonder HOW IN THE HELL THIS GOES DOWN WITHOUT A WITNESS?"

IS THAT OK?????????/
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

metsfan wrote:

metsy chill out. he is just curious. but thanks. it's all cool. the only tool here is the dude who did this t me. and i have his pic now and I am SO appreciative of everyone's support on this thread.
    metsfan wrote:

Hey, moron. I did not SAY SHE WAS LYING.

I pointed those out, because it's just CRAZY how he got away with it.

Is it ok for me to wonder HOW IN THE HELL THIS GOES DOWN WITHOUT A WITNESS?"

IS THAT OK?????????/

he knows me so obviously getting defensive. let's stop this now, ok? please....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    so we got his pic.

what now?

we need someone to identify the perp
  • sorry i was talking about the guy, will watch my language in future posts.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • Mets fan where is your reply?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• twojawas wrote:

When I first read the OP, this is EXACTLY who I was thinking the motherfucker was!!! He was just hounding me and Danni by will call before the show. We were discussing our seats and were trying to figure something out and he came up to us and got super close and kept wanting our tickets. This went on for several minutes. Danni was polite at first (those damn UK's are too polite) and I just ignored him and we kind of turned our backs to him. He continued to ask questions and stress that he didnt understand what we were telling him due to his english being bad. So, I guess for future reference, I should learn "FUCK OFF" in every language!

Good luck with this. Things could have always been worse! :cry:
This discussion has been closed.