Ed's wine stolen from me outside and physically assaulted

Comments

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    he seems pretty pumped about the acquittal.

LOL, thats what I thought, the Nixon thing was really going against him! :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • There's a great pic just of Eddie tossing the bottle

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainm ... ctrum.html

It's 36/41
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    My god, how horrible for you, do take care. Hope this is resolved ASAP! Thanks for letting us all know though, really ... disgusting that it sounds like a trend. Power of the community to bring this forward, hey hey!

There are people in the world that would wake in the morning, look at the wine bottle and be proud of this memory? Sigh....

I blame the Blood, Leash, Spin, Animal, Deep crowd!!!! The Black Parachuting Thin Air Light Year Elderly Daughter Nothing-Betterman would never do this!!!

I kid, I kid .. or else I'd cry.
    [sic] happens
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    There's a great pic just of Eddie tossing the bottle

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainm ... ctrum.html

It's 36/41

wow. thank you so much!
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2009
    :(...very sorry that such an amazing concert ended this way for you. lets hope this all comes together and he gets caught.
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • let's find this guy!!!
    you don't do that to a girl...

you don't do that to ANYONE.
    :evil:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    I need your help. I am trying to find someone. He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. He has blue eyes and was sitting in row 1 - maybe first few rows and moved up. not 100% sure.

I was finally able to get away from him and as I walked away, he came up behind me and ripped the bottle from my hands and took off like a bat out of hell running like crazy. I tried to go after him but couldnt keep up. I am devastated. I dont understand how anyone could do such a thing. He took such a special moment and gave it such a bad ending.

mama mia! :shock:

who the fuck physically assaults a woman for a wine bottle? :?
    i'm so sorry this happened. i hope you are ok. *hugs
  • ed66ed66 Posts: 21
    i was right behind you guys in row 2 that night . i didn't see where you came from and told my wife the guy was being a dick but she thought he down with you it was not the bald guy he was cool all night high fiveing everybody around him he knew the bottle was for the girls it was the jerk who stood on the chair with the shirt ed even gave him a dirty look when he was trying to get the bottle.watch this video at the end you see him with bears hat on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OwCYpS-kW8 hope you get the bottle back
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Could he have a facebook? I don't use that (twitter fan) but if there's any way to search facebook, and narrow it down (via some system like hash tags) to Quebecois that have been to Pearl Jam in the last couple days, and then see pictures and possibly get a name?

I am NOT comfortable with people making threats (makes others sound as bad as the perp), and its possible that nothing can be done by now, but at least everyone will know to watch their back in the future.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • you guys should delete the pics of the guy who didn't do it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • theanswersarefataltheanswersarefatal Posts: 239
    edited November 2009
    wow how horrible...you must have been so scared...i know the ladies can hold their own but for a female to be assaulted over a souvenir, with hugging and kissing too???...what a creep!!

he'll be founded out somehow...he has a rare item...he's going to brag about it or try to sell it and somewhere in that shuffle he'll be found. when asked at what show he got it and how, hopefully his lie will catch up to him. and being that fans are 99.9% of the time focused on the band and don't usually take pictures of other fans, maybe karen loria can look at the pics she took that night and see if she can lend a hand. he just might be in a crowd shot or something...

once again, so sorry that happened to you. definitely not the pearl jam thing to do. :thumbdown:

EDIT: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A PICTURE!
    Post edited by theanswersarefatal on
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    what a shame to know he's a fan, and he'd do something awful like that to a fellow fan.

he needs to get his ass kicked!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I wanna set up the bottle return in front of the spectrum maybe near the rocky statue. after the apologies and the return of bottle he and i hockey stlye fight for charity. he in his vedder ranger jersey vs me in my senators morissette jersey.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    you guys should delete the pics of the guy who didn't do it.

not shit, by all means keep the pics of the dick that did it up. but the OP said it was not that other guy. so stop posting his pic with some lame ass attempt at being funny . cause its not. you are posting his pic in a thread that is about a big bald guy attacking a woman ! not fucking funny in the first place, really not funny to have your pic associated with that. edit your posts.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • unbelievable...I hope that get that fucker
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • theanswersarefataltheanswersarefatal Posts: 239
    edited November 2009
    WOW. I called in sick today bc I got a terrible cold last night and just woke up. Reading everyone's posts on here and on my FB put me in tears. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to have such awesome people supporting me. I know this is a rare a-hole fan, and I have been to Canada and loved the Canadian people. This is just 1 asshole in a sea of loving people.

That being said...

Ok so thanks for the pics and videos. That is most definitely him. He has the baseball cap on backwards with I think a Chicago Bears C on it? Not really a football fan...

The key info I left out on my post bc I had forgotten about it was that he had a NYR jersey with him. You can see him hold it up in the you tube videos. I even commented bc I am a big Ranger fan. #9 VEDDER and it has the statue of liberty on front - the Navy blue NYR jersey. He kept saying "how many shows you been to? huh? sorry my english isnt good. but look at this jersey - i was in ny...." trying to prove he was a more deserving fan than me or something. I told him how at the Nassau Col I had 3rd row for the 1st time ever and broke my ankle outside b4 the show and required emergency surgery and missed the show. This bottle and moment seemed to have made up for that somehow. I still cant believe him.

Someone pm'd me (thanks) that they saw him at the box office and he bought a ticket from someone - did not have one. He apparently was an ahole to the ticketing people too. So a 10C member sold this dirt bag a ticket. So most likely no one really *knows* him or his name.

I do plan to contact the Philly police once I have a picture, which I now do thanks to quite a few of you. *hugs* thank you so much. Unfortunately with him being from Canada, I am not sure how we would be able to identify him. But one never knows.

And URthekey! OMG. I cannot believe you had issues with this same exact moron!!!!!! He needs to be taken down. What a savage animal!!!!!!!

if he's from Canada then he must have some type of passport right? he assaulted you meaning he commited a crime in a foreign country. that's worth every effort to run a search for him based on the picture.
    Post edited by theanswersarefatal on

• tacettacet Posts: 323
    political-pictures-rioting-crowd-torches-frankenstein.jpg
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • What huge piece of shit that guy is. Sorry he ruined what was supposed to be a great experience.
    Austin, TX
  • Where's Lorena Bobbit when you need her???
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jeez, not only did he give you the bottle, he bloody well stopped singing Yellow Ledbetter to make sure you got it! You should be so proud :D

Somebody, somewhere will come across the fella that stole yer bottle...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jeez, not only did he give you the bottle, he bloody well stopped singing Yellow Ledbetter to make sure you got it! You should be so proud :D

Somebody, somewhere will come across the fella that stole yer bottle...

*blushes* I know...I just watched the clip like 20 times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5u6PA6biXc
    Shows Ed very close up, but no crowd. He may have the bottle, but he can't take away that moment and I am so happy I was able to watch it on video and re-live the good part :)
  • so u found him??after the foto and video?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488

WineTheif.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE GUY! HE IS INNOCENT

he seems pretty pumped about the acquittal.

sorry this had to happen. much like a lot of people i saw this happen and commented to my g/f about how that dude was being a dick. i hope something good comes out of this for you.

edit: saw the guy take the bottle and ed tell him it was for you and not what happened outside.

Larry David would not be pleased with the accusations against the bald. Glad the right guy was identified...
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
    so u found him??after the foto and video?

yes look on page 12 of this post - w the jersey. That is him.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    That is sad to hear that someone would stoop so low as to assault a fellow fan for a souvenir, let alone assault a woman. Way to go tuff guy. You took away the innocent joy of a fan due to your sense of entitlement.

I hope the authorities are able to properly identify this person so charges can be brought against him. He needs a set bracelets slapped on him ever so ungently and brought back to Philly for a different kind of souvenir, a record and maybe some jail time.

I am glad to hear you are okay and hope that you can get past what this bully did to you.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Sad to hear that someone could be this much of an a-hole!!! Sorry you had this done to you and I hope it all works out and they catch that bastard!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • hold off on the pitchforks until they are sure who did it, please.
  • He's a Rangers fan..

Im ashamed.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Holy shit that is scary what he did to you outside. And the other poster that was followed into the bathroom.

Apparently this big guy likes to intimidate girls. But he was violent--and was gonna take what he wanted to no matter what. Seems like a scary individual and I HOPE HE GETS CAUGHT.

OFF TO THE CASTLE is right!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • hold off on the pitchforks until they are sure who did it, please.

no, bring on the pitchforks...using a youtube video, the OP has confirmed who did it.

read the thread! :thumbup: :clap:

This discussion has been closed.