Ed's wine stolen from me outside and physically assaulted

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I need your help. I am trying to find someone. He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. He has blue eyes and was sitting in row 1 - maybe first few rows and moved up. not 100% sure.

During YL Ed pointed to my friend and I and handed over his bottle of wine. This guy grabbed it from security when they went to hand it to me and Ed said "that's for the girls big man" and pointed at him until he turned it over to me. He kept telling me how great he was b/c he gave it to me and kept asking me for it. I wouldnt give it to him and explained that Ed wanted us to have it. I gave him a whole bunch of sips.

We walked outside and he followed me out. He was being kind at first, flirtatious - talking to me, hugging and kissing me. I was waiting for friends who were giving me a ride home that couldnt find me so we were out there for 30-40 minutes. The crowds had cleared out and there was no security - we were where the big poster of PJ is in front of spectrum. My friend left and I was there with him alone waiting for my ride. He started to get very physically aggressive and I called my friend and tried to leave but he wouldnt let me go. He was grabbing me - rough! He had me in a bear hug, kept trying to kiss me and then he started pulling my hair. I told him to stop and that he was hurting me.

My friend finally got there b/c she heard the fear in my voice when she called me - I told her what was happening. I was finally able to get away from him and as I walked away, he came up behind me and ripped the bottle from my hands and took off like a bat out of hell running like crazy. I tried to go after him but couldnt keep up. I am devastated. I dont understand how anyone could do such a thing. He took such a special moment and gave it such a bad ending. I will never forget what an amazing experience it was to see Ed hand it to me, and that he can never take away. But man, what a dirtbag. It would have been nice to have the bottle to call my own :(

If ANYONE knows who this guy is, please pm me his name.

Kat/Sea - if u can sticky this I would appreciate.

Heartbroken.

*edit* also some people took pics outside with me and the bottle, if you are one of them I would love if you could send me the pics! I have none :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edited November 2009
    damn thats fucked up

sounds like he should be in jail.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • I remember saying something to my girlfriend during YL about the guy not giving up the bottle (I could see it going on from the first couple of rows in section 316). This guy sounds like an absolute moron. Hopefully someone knows who he is.
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    What a fucking JERK!!! Hope you get his name from someone on here. So sorry that happened he must be a casual fan, that is the opposite of what PEARL JAM IS ABOUT.. Good luck in finding him.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that's fucked!

i hope you're ok
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    wow...what a piece of shit. Hope he gets his someday
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    What a fucking creep!! That totally sucks. :evil:
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    edited November 2009
    What a fuckin asshole scum bag. If I knew him I'd kick the shit out of him....Sorry to hear that.

If he's in the club (I hope he isn't) 10c should rip his membership from him.
    Post edited by OGT92 on
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    wow, id like to kick him in the teeth... surly he was hammered, but no excuse for that kind of behavior. assult and theft, lock him up!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Everyone who was lucky enough to attend these shows and take pictures,
    FIND THIS DOUCHE!!!

Check those pictures that were taken
    FIND THIS DOUCHE!!!

What an ass!!
    FIND THIS DOUCHE!!!

If you know who he is
    GIVE UP THIS DOUCHE!!!
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    what the fuck...

i saw from 15 rows back on the other side of the floor ed point at YOU and as th bottle was being handed to you the guy violently grabbed it. it was so clear that ed mid-song told him to give it back to you.

someone must have a cellphone pic of this guy so he can be found and hopefully barred from 10c, assuming he got his tix from 10c. this isnt right. if your friend did not come back so quickly im concerned for what else this guy could have done. he wanted that bottle... i remember that.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    That's terrible.

Contact the 10C. They may have a record of who was sitting in those seats and perhaps something could be done about it?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Wow that is awful- I hope some people that were up front have some pics of the crowd to help find this guy. I remember Ed doing that at the end of the show too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    everyone also keep your eyes on ebay.
  • If anyone has photos of this guy, then, yes, please help find him -- but because what he did is a crime, and charges should be filed against him. Revoking his 10C membership is a very secondary element here. Being wasted is no excuse; lots of people were plenty wasted at the Spectrum this week, and I doubt that many of them were grabbing and assaulting women. This is very disturbing and criminal behavior.

OP -- I'm so sorry this happened to you. I am glad you were not hurt.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    wow... that's terrible! I hope you're ok also...

This guy now has karma working against him - as well as the vast majority of fans... hopefully something bigger and better is on the way for you! xx
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • I am so sorry that shit like that happens!!! I was there last night and I remember seeing that go on at the end of the show. I can not belive people!!!!!!!! Glad you are ok though!!
    OP what did this guy look like and what was he wearing? someone may know from your description.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I need your help. I am trying to find someone. He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. He has blue eyes and was sitting in row 1 - maybe first few rows and moved up. not 100% sure.

During YL Ed pointed to my friend and I and handed over his bottle of wine. This guy grabbed it from security when they went to hand it to me and Ed said "that's for the girls big man" and pointed at him until he turned it over to me. He kept telling me how great he was b/c he gave it to me and kept asking me for it. I wouldnt give it to him and explained that Ed wanted us to have it. I gave him a whole bunch of sips.

We walked outside and he followed me out. He was being kind at first, flirtatious - talking to me, hugging and kissing me. I was waiting for friends who were giving me a ride home that couldnt find me so we were out there for 30-40 minutes. The crowds had cleared out and there was no security - we were where the big poster of PJ is in front of spectrum. My friend left and I was there with him alone waiting for my ride. He started to get very physically aggressive and I called my friend and tried to leave but he wouldnt let me go. He was grabbing me - rough! He had me in a bear hug, kept trying to kiss me and then he started pulling my hair. I told him to stop and that he was hurting me.

My friend finally got there b/c she heard the fear in my voice when she called me - I told her what was happening. I was finally able to get away from him and as I walked away, he came up behind me and ripped the bottle from my hands and took off like a bat out of hell running like crazy. I tried to go after him but couldnt keep up. I am devastated. I dont understand how anyone could do such a thing. He took such a special moment and gave it such a bad ending. I will never forget what an amazing experience it was to see Ed hand it to me, and that he can never take away. But man, what a dirtbag. It would have been nice to have the bottle to call my own :(

If ANYONE knows who this guy is, please pm me his name.

Kat/Sea - if u can sticky this I would appreciate.

Heartbroken.

*edit* also some people took pics outside with me and the bottle, if you are one of them I would love if you could send me the pics! I have none :(

thats fucked up! I mean if someone tried to steal anything that Ed gave to my wife at a show look out. Seriously screwed up and the guy should be found. He should be banned from the 10c to be honest. I hope you find him. I'm sorry for this experience 99% of 10c members are great people but there is always an asshole in the crowd.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • igotpjigotpj Posts: 187
    edited November 2009
    First off I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of this. What a fucker !!! There is a special place in hell for him. I had some great moments in Philly and met some wonderful people, but I ran into some instances (not this horrible) where I questioned the decency of some of these people.

I remember that guy !!!! I was outside (it was under the Bruce sign, not the PJ sign) when you (someone?) came outside with the bottle. I was with a friend and he noticed that you were the one Ed gave it too. We both commented how wonderful it was and great that someone got a nice present from the show. After that we walked around and talked to people before heading out.

Was he the only one with you when you came outside? I will look through my pics to see if I took any during that time. Also, were you with the group of people that lost an Iphone...which was found and handed back?

I will see what other people might know or pictures that might have taken

One more thing...I remember during the show where Ed was telling him that the bottle was yours. That guy and Ed were communicating and not in a nice way. There is video out there and with the crazy amount of flash bulbs going off someone has him on film.
    Post edited by igotpj on
    Charlotte(10-4-96)
    Raleigh(8-31-98)
    Greensboro(8-6-00)
    Raleigh(4-15-03), Las Vegas(6-6-03)
    Boston(9-28-04),Toledo(10-2-04),Asheville(10-6-04)
    Pittsburgh(6-24-06)
    Columbia (6-16-08)
    Austin (10-4-09), Philadelphia (10-28-09, 10-30-09, 10-31-09)
  • wow...yikes!
    that sounds like all kindsa fucked. i do recall hearing ed say those words, wondered what went on at that point in the show - no idea you were involved.

how did you ever manage to get so close, center stage, first few rows? last i saw you - i thought - you were way on the perimeter of stone's side, approx 6th row?

what a great, great, amazing show....but you bet, there are always 'those fans' in the mix. hope you're ok!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• That's terrible, glad you are o.k. and I hope if Eddie read this he can send you another special bottle signed just for you. His behavior is unacceptable, wrong wrong wrong, I hope 10C can kick him out, bar from 10C forever.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I hope you reported it to the police. Philly is a small town where he might stand out based upon your description. They will take the report seriously as it was an assualt and this bastard will no doubt escalate his criminal behavior the more he gets away with it. I will keep my eyes open if he's still in the city.
  • He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. He has blue eyes

Beware - if you fit this description & plan on attending Oz/NZ Shows..... And you did this.....

I'm gonna kick your f@cking Ass...........
  • if anybody figures out who he is, he's got the beating of a lifetime coming if he ever shows up at a show again.
  • wow....what a scumbag. I guess assholes listen to Pearl Jam too. I hope something can be done about this
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • holy shit, that's terrible! i am sooo sorry, and i wish i could be of help to you. i saw from the rafters on the big screen.. the guy was huge and he wouldn't give it back when he stole it from security.. i can't believe he attacked you after the show. i saw how pissed he looked when he finally did release it. last year in camden at the end of the show when matt threw his sticks, i was lucky enough for one to literally just land in my hands.. i am a tiny 5'4 girl, and a giant, well over 6 foot man, came from no where and grabbed me and my stick, starting a tug of war match. luckily i started screaming and with help he let go, but that shit's realll scary. i can't believe people are actually like that. its sick. it really is. :cry:

i hope the best for you, and that this man gets what he deserves.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    igotpj wrote:
    First off I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of this. What a fucker !!! There is a special place in hell for him. I had some great moments in Philly and met some wonderful people, but I ran into some instances (not this horrible) where I questioned the decency of some of these people.

I remember that guy !!!! I was outside (it was under the Bruce sign, not the PJ sign) when you (someone?) came outside with the bottle. I was with a friend and he noticed that you were the one Ed gave it too. We both commented how wonderful it was and great that someone got a nice present from the show. After that we walked around and talked to people before heading out.

Was he the only one with you when you came outside? I will look through my pics to see if I took any during that time. Also, were you with the group of people that lost an Iphone...which was found and handed back?

I will see what other people might know or pictures that might have taken

One more thing...I remember during the show where Ed was telling him that the bottle was yours. That guy and Ed were communicating and not in a nice way. There is video out there and with the crazy amount of flash bulbs going off someone has him on film.

I thought I posted a response but it isnt showing up for some reason so I will try again.

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

I was with a group of people when I came out, and he followed us. They left thinking I was ok bc he seemed rather harmless at the time. I was waiting for my other friend to meet me. SO I was alone with him for quite a few minutes.

As far as more detailed description - sorta hard. Jeans ,tshirt like everyone else. little or no hair - very fair skinned, blue eyes. french accent from canada. pretty big guy (not overweight big).

d2d - seat police! lol. yes i was 6th row on the aisle on stone's side. my friend and I moved up during the last 2 songs, security let us pass.
  • That is horrible and deeply disturbing on so many levels. I really hope that you have filed or will file an assault report and that pictures of this guy turn up.

(((Hugs))) to you.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    holy shit, that's terrible! i am sooo sorry, and i wish i could be of help to you. i saw from the rafters on the big screen.. the guy was huge and he wouldn't give it back when he stole it from security.. i can't believe he attacked you after the show. i saw how pissed he looked when he finally did release it. last year in camden at the end of the show when matt threw his sticks, i was lucky enough for one to literally just land in my hands.. i am a tiny 5'4 girl, and a giant, well over 6 foot man, came from no where and grabbed me and my stick, starting a tug of war match. luckily i started screaming and with help he let go, but that shit's realll scary. i can't believe people are actually like that. its sick. it really is. :cry:

i hope the best for you, and that this man gets what he deserves.

AWFUL!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with these guys?!?!?!?
  • that sucks sorry to hear that. ed threw me a tambourine on friday night and the guy next to me said "i'm from philly and i'm telling you to hide that shit on the way out. someone will try to steal it." i just carried it out regular cause i wasn't about to walk out with a tambo in my shirt but damn was he ever right. fuckin philly.
This discussion has been closed.