Ed's wine stolen from me outside and physically assaulted

Comments

• SS25454 wrote:
    Elzar wrote:
    agree with you - first things first - OP needs to file the police report. Assault and sexual harrassment is illegal in the USofA, I'm not sure about Canada, but that shit is unacceptable here. WTF kind of person does this kind of shit?
    I am willing to bet this dood has/is already read this thread, knows he's about to get popped and just shit a brick in his pants

Yes, we totally accept and condone violence against women in Canada.

Was this guy wearing a hockey helmet or sucking on a maple syrup sucker??
    How does the OP know he is a Canadian? From his accent?
    lmao.. yeah that was a DUMB statement.

"I don't know about Canada but...."
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• let's not turn this into a nationality argument. maybe this guy was from Canada, but he ain't no Canadian.

sure hope he gets caught. too bad it ruined what would have been such a special interaction with Ed.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    SS25454 wrote:
    Elzar wrote:
    agree with you - first things first - OP needs to file the police report. Assault and sexual harrassment is illegal in the USofA, I'm not sure about Canada, but that shit is unacceptable here. WTF kind of person does this kind of shit?
    I am willing to bet this dood has/is already read this thread, knows he's about to get popped and just shit a brick in his pants

OP said: "He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. "

all i said was i dont know what is/isnt acceptable behavior in Canada - Ive never been there - so for all i know, it's ok to go around touching people (some people call it friendly, some may call it harrassment)
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    snipes824 wrote:
    that sucks sorry to hear that. ed threw me a tambourine on friday night and the guy next to me said "i'm from philly and i'm telling you to hide that shit on the way out. someone will try to steal it." i just carried it out regular cause i wasn't about to walk out with a tambo in my shirt but damn was he ever right. fuckin philly.
    I'm from the Philly area and I HATE Philly. I've never seen people pride themselves so much on being "passionate" aka cavemen/classless.

Yeah cause one or two knuckleheads make up the MO of an entire area. Jesus..there are idiots in every city..get use to it
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • SS25454 wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

she said he was french canadian. it's a pretty distinguishable accent.
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    aside from the threats of vigilante justice, this is why pearl jam fans are the greatest in the world! in a matter of hours the post was made, people posted pics and videos, we got a clear image of this fool and lots of witnesses. someone here knows this guy and knows what he did, its only a matter of time before he gets whats coming.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    spat wrote:
    aside from the threats of vigilante justice, ... , its only a matter of time before he gets whats coming.

By that you mean a banning from 10c, yers?
    Nature drunk and High
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    edited November 2009
    WOW. I called in sick today bc I got a terrible cold last night and just woke up. Reading everyone's posts on here and on my FB put me in tears. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to have such awesome people supporting me. I know this is a rare a-hole fan, and I have been to Canada and loved the Canadian people. This is just 1 asshole in a sea of loving people.

That being said...

Ok so thanks for the pics and videos. That is most definitely him. He has the baseball cap on backwards with I think a Chicago Bears C on it? Not really a football fan...

The key info I left out on my post bc I had forgotten about it was that he had a NYR jersey with him. You can see him hold it up in the you tube videos. I even commented bc I am a big Ranger fan. #9 VEDDER and it has the statue of liberty on front - the Navy blue NYR jersey. He kept saying "how many shows you been to? huh? sorry my english isnt good. but look at this jersey - i was in ny...." trying to prove he was a more deserving fan than me or something. I told him how at the Nassau Col I had 3rd row for the 1st time ever and broke my ankle outside b4 the show and required emergency surgery and missed the show. This bottle and moment seemed to have made up for that somehow. I still cant believe him.

Someone pm'd me (thanks) that they saw him at the box office and he bought a ticket from someone - did not have one. He apparently was an ahole to the ticketing people too. So a 10C member sold this dirt bag a ticket. So most likely no one really *knows* him or his name.

I do plan to contact the Philly police once I have a picture, which I now do thanks to quite a few of you. *hugs* thank you so much. Unfortunately with him being from Canada, I am not sure how we would be able to identify him. But one never knows.

And URthekey! OMG. I cannot believe you had issues with this same exact moron!!!!!! He needs to be taken down. What a savage animal!!!!!!!
    Post edited by edvedder913 on
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    if this is the same guy mentioned from the op and in a reply, this scum is a predator. sounds like he uses his 10c membership #, seat location, pics, and whatever else to lure unsuspecting women. this may be more serious than eds bottle of wine.

do we have a pic yet?
    SS25454 wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

Yes please, this is not a nationality argument. Please do not destruct this thread! He told me he was from Canada, and French Canadian, and he had a heavy accent. I spent at least 10-15 min speaking to him. As I mentioned it started off friendly. I felt bad he didnt get to keep the bottle so I gave him half to drink, let him take pics etc....and then well.....you know the rest
    edited November 2009
    *edit*
    Post edited by edvedder913 on
  • who the hell would mug a girl for Eddie's stupid bottle of wine? what the fuck??
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    edited November 2009
    So, not to confuse everything, but... the guy who with the Chicago hat on backwards who is holding up the jersey in the beginning of the video is different from the guy in the photo posted above. They are next to each other the whole time, though. If you download the HD version of the video it's a little clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KqEESb1uTs

edit: re-watching the video with this in mind, it looks like the guy in the hat actually took the bottle and then moved over and was chatting to you the rest of the song while the bald guy from the still picture stayed to his left and watched the show. I just wouldn't want that guy to get an undeserved bad rap from all this :)
    Post edited by michelleelise on
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    edited November 2009
    The guy in this picture is not the one with the Bears hat and jersey....he appears at the end of the clip..please clarify....and sorry about what happened to you..
    Post edited by The Champ on
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Nauseating. Sick to my stomach to hear about things such as this taking place.
    Damn Cynthia... Wait til Vedder hears about this.. His new found hobby of Axe throwing should come in handy!
    edited November 2009
    Only way to be sure is to hang them both?

Sorry, that was a joke - I forget about American history sometimes.
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    I need your help. I am trying to find someone. He is from Canada - French Canadian, with accent. He has blue eyes and was sitting in row 1 - maybe first few rows and moved up. not 100% sure.

I was finally able to get away from him and as I walked away, he came up behind me and ripped the bottle from my hands and took off like a bat out of hell running like crazy. I tried to go after him but couldnt keep up. I am devastated. I dont understand how anyone could do such a thing. He took such a special moment and gave it such a bad ending.

I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible experience. Are you ok? I completely 100% understand the importance of your experience and the significance of the wine bottle - but the bigger issue is that this guy assaulted you, and that is a crime, as one of the other posters mentioned already (as is theft, but the assault thing really makes me angry).

Our fan family is the greatest in the world and information (photos, footage, identifying the person) is the key here, not a lynch mob of kicking this person's ass. OP... did you notify the police of your assault? If you haven't, I would say you should now.

Please keep us posted... I hope you are ok :hugs:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    correct, I stand corrected - my apologies. It is NOT the guy in the still pic. He is the guy with the black shirt, star on back with hat on backwards holding jersey.

Thanks Laura xoxo I plan to notify police.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Wow, what an asshole! Hopefully no one else will have to deal with this scum!

Thanks you so much for these clear pics!!!!!! That is most definitely him.

and thanks for the YL video, at least i got to see Ed try and catch my wig, stone stop in front and smiling at me....thnks for giving me the moment on film. xoxo
    edited November 2009
    Post edited by Spags on
    Nature drunk and High
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    correct, I stand corrected - my apologies. It is NOT the guy in the still pic. He is the guy with the black shirt, star on back with hat on backwards holding jersey.

Because of this mix up, this thread needs to be edited big time, so the poor other guy doesn't have his pic associated with this.

This also probably means that the PM you got was regarding the wrong person?
  • Exactly, there are multiple charges.. Harassment, Physical assault, sexual assault, and heck he even stole what was now your property (the wine bottle). Definitely get this scum arraigned on these charges, banned from the ten club, every PJ show and venue... Def. sounded like a crazed fan/super f'ed up on booze/drugs..
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    And I just found this YL video - you can see the guy fighting for the bottle around 2:20 - while Ed is telling him it goes to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KqEESb1uTs

Good luck!

christ, ed says "it's for the girl big man"

i'd call this guy a douchebag but that would be insulting douchebags
  • correct, I stand corrected - my apologies. It is NOT the guy in the still pic. He is the guy with the black shirt, star on back with hat on backwards holding jersey.

wow!
    well i am so glad you have a good pic of him to identify.
    i saw him holding up that jersey at the end of the show.
    definitely notify the police! sadly, given that he is from canada and not the us, and that more than likely he is back in canada now...doubtful there is much they can do NOW, but hey....it will be on record, and also it might hopefully prevent this from happening to someone else, at least within the 10c community. if this IS the same guy in urthekey's story, i definitely think 10c should be alerted too. i'm so sorry to read all this cyn.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ill bet if you contact the 10c and tell them the story... they could pass it along to ed...ED COULD POINT the guy out also...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    Taft wrote:

Because of this mix up, this thread needs to be edited big time, so the poor other guy doesn't have his pic associated with this.

This also probably means that the PM you got was regarding the wrong person?

I edited my post to take his pic off the thread - everyone who has his pic on their post should do same. sorry - they both are bald, have short sleeves w/long sleeves under it. I apologize. But I am 150% positive it is the dude w/the cap on backwards w/the ranger jersey. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER.
  • SpinTheBlackOSpinTheBlackO Posts: 385
    edited November 2009

WineTheif.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE GUY! HE IS INNOCENT

he seems pretty pumped about the acquittal.

sorry this had to happen. much like a lot of people i saw this happen and commented to my g/f about how that dude was being a dick. i hope something good comes out of this for you.

edit: saw the guy take the bottle and ed tell him it was for you and not what happened outside.
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackO on
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • let's find this guy!!!
    you don't do that to a girl...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
This discussion has been closed.