Options

Official 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies vs. Yankees

Comments

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    petrocs wrote:
    Pettite and Pedro....epic Hall of Famer battle
    tomorrow will be more like a slugfest not a epic hall of fame battle . bullpens will be used by the 5th inning. andy hasn't pitched on 3 days rest since 03 and pedro doesn't do to well in the cold.
    metsy get your head out of the ribs buddy pedro is gonna pitch a gem. Remember pedro is pitching for a real team not them scabs u root for. :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372

Ok it wasn't like Lee was lights out it was more that AJ sucks ass with the pressure squarely on hi's shoulders still we made you sweat in the 9th ,we have two chances at winning one you're team has to win both i like our chances better :mrgreen::mrgreen:

personally jose, you seem like a nice guy...but i don't think you really know much of what you're talking about. plus, to not talk until "your" team was up 3-1 disqualifies you from further shit talking.

champ, why don't you sit the next few plays out.

GO WORLD CHAMPS[/quote
    Ok so you are the jude & jury here nice what am i posting that doesn't make sense to you and your brotherly heard, all i'm stating is that the yankees have a better chance at gettin 1 win as opposed your team needing two go back to GIVENTOPOST ......ASSHOLE .....

reverting to insults? tsk tsk. come on jose.

i expect more from you...at least, i used to.

and come on dude, your quoting performance here is almost as bad as burnett's performance the other night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the mr. october of pitchers is on the mound for the yanks tonight.

im not worried :D
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372
    You guys hear anything about Myers confronting Cole in the locker room about what Cole said about wishing the season was over ?

It was a story on Yahoo Sports, but last night WIP had some of the Phillies beat writers on and they said they didn't see it. I would tend to believe someone who has covered the team all season on something like that.

and yes I'm quoting myself, - I think this clears it up -

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... ation.html

much ado about nothing....so is the national media taking cole's comments (albeit dumb) out of context. you'd think ken rosenthal would be more on top of things....eh, maybe not.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,819
    Anybody hear anything new on Shane? I've been looking and haven't found anything yet.

C'mon, boys, at least take 'em to the wire. I wanna see runs right out of the gate to settle that fraudulent crowd down.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Anybody hear anything new on Shane? I've been looking and haven't found anything yet.

C'mon, boys, at least take 'em to the wire. I wanna see runs right out of the gate to settle that fraudulent crowd down.

We need to get out to a 3 to 4 - 0 lead early and let Pedro be Pedro. Hes gonna give up a few but we need to STAY ahead of the curve. If we can do that...Game 7 tomorrow...stay tuned
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Gonna be a gorgeous night up in the Bronx.

Andy versus Pedro

this is going to be excellent .

Lets Go Yankees
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Over / Under on the number of times the Yankee's organist plays the 4 note diddy trying to induce the "Who's your Dad-dy?" chant from the Yanks fans in the stadium? I'm going with 30 ...... in the first inning.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    the mr. october of pitchers is on the mound for the yanks tonight.

im not worried :D

but, it's November. ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Pedro pitches a gem..sends it to game 7
    Tomorrow it rains...no game..rescheduled for Friday
    Friday night...Cliff Lee vs CC Sabathia for all the marbles

hows that sound?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    petrocs wrote:

hows that sound?

shitty. not only is that not going to happen because well... it's not going to happen.

but it CAN'T happen because the one night shift i work every 2 months is this f'ing friday.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:

hows that sound?

shitty. not only is that not going to happen because well... it's not going to happen.

but it CAN'T happen because the one night shift i work every 2 months is this f'ing friday.

LOL...well...It CAN happen and it WILL happen :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    metsfan wrote:
    petrocs wrote:
    Pettite and Pedro....epic Hall of Famer battle
    tomorrow will be more like a slugfest not a epic hall of fame battle . bullpens will be used by the 5th inning. andy hasn't pitched on 3 days rest since 03 and pedro doesn't do to well in the cold.
    metsy get your head out of the ribs buddy pedro is gonna pitch a gem. Remember pedro is pitching for a real team not them scabs u root for. :shock:
    lol

I hope pedro does pitch a gem. I so don't wanna see da yank$ win. I'd lose another 40 bucks to a coworker whose a yanks fan.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    FUCKITY FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY!!!!!!!!!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    It aint over till its over

Come on phils
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Welcome to the World Series Ryan Howard. Now go back home in a few innings. :lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Welcome to the World Series Ryan Howard. Now go back home in a few innings. :lol:

For Real...from sugar to shit

Great NLCS and shit the bed in the WS

• Options
    Is it me or does Jaba's hat look Bukakke'd ?

:shock: :? :wtf:

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Not sure if anyone's said it in a while...

Fuck the Yankees!
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414

I was on the phone with a friend and asked "Why the f does Jaba's hat have cumstains all over it??" :lol::lol:

Glad I'm not the only one with the filthy mind.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    hinx wrote:

I was on the phone with a friend and asked "Why the f does Jaba's hat have cumstains all over it??" :lol::lol:

as a yankees fan i have come to the conclusion that they did not give him a new hat with the world series patch on it. they stitched the world series patch on his dirty fucking hat.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    hinx wrote:

as a yankees fan i have come to the conclusion that they did not give him a new hat with the world series patch on it. they stitched the world series patch on his dirty fucking hat.

I feel sorry for the guy that had touch that fuckin thing ! :lol: :problem:

ist2_158385-rubber-gloves.jpg

• Options
    Goddamn I hate the cocky ass Yankees.

BUT it's so nice to see the Phillies getting whipped.

No more Phillies fans bragging about being World Champions. No more bandwagon Philly fans celebrating a team that they only began to care about when they started winning.

Don't care much about the Yankees winning since everyone knows they pretty much bought this ring. And, I think some good will come of it when the league finally gets smart and realizes that a salary cap is a necessity if competitive balance means anything at all to them.

(Yes, I am still bitter about the Dodgers losing.)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

No more Phillies fans bragging about being World Champions. No more bandwagon Philly fans celebrating a team that they only began to care about when they started winning.

Don't care much about the Yankees winning since everyone knows they pretty much bought this ring. And, I think some good will come of it when the league finally gets smart and realizes that a salary cap is a necessity if competitive balance means anything at all to them.

Whipped??? whipped??? 6 games in the World Series is whipped??? When is the last time the Dodgers were in the World Series????

That's what I thought... and yeah your final line is telling... so fuck you.. and we still are the 2008 World Fucking Champions.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,358
    Yeah let the bashing begin people will say the Yankees bought this championship well the players still have to perform at a high level and Yankees did ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

Whipped??? whipped??? 6 games in the World Series is whipped??? When is the last time the Dodgers were in the World Series????

That's what I thought... and yeah your final line is telling... so fuck you.. and we still are the 2008 World Fucking Champions.

Whipped in this game is what I meant, but take it however you will.

I won't deny that I felt a bit of pleasure in watching this tonight after all the shit Phillies fans talked after the Dodgers series.

Good for you...and we are still 1988 World Series champions...no one gives a shit unless you have the last one.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Congrats. You guys wanted it more.

And this walkunafraid dude...wow....just wow.
  • Options
    Congrats. You guys wanted it more

Thanks man.The phillies are a very good team and it is the bst world series can remember since 2001. might want to tell rollins to stop yapping though. Jeter seems to make a point of that.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks man.The phillies are a very good team and it is the bst world series can remember since 2001. might want to tell rollins to stop yapping though. Jeter seems to make a point of that.

Nah, that's just what Jimmy does. No problem with it. If he didn't have that confidence/arrogance - well, first he does it for the camera so ya know... it is what it is - then he doesn't win the MVP and a World Series. I'll let Jimmy be. Enjoy it, sir.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, that's just what Jimmy does. No problem with it. If he didn't have that confidence/arrogance - well, first he does it for the camera so ya know... it is what it is - then he doesn't win the MVP and a World Series. I'll let Jimmy be. Enjoy it, sir.

fair enough, good series. it was fun.