Options

Official 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies vs. Yankees

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804

thats only for the website.

but thats more a sad commentary on journalism in general as opposed to complete and utter ignorance and low class with a headline of "Their fans are second rate & so is their city." :roll:

it's a shame and it promotes some of the nonsensical comments i've seen from people on here...

Nah, dude, the Daily News facked up here. That Red, Hot and Sexy thing is on the back cover of the paper. But, then again, I guess that's what happens when you have 7 days in between series.

UGH....again more a reflection on the sad state of journalism than ignorance though.

Yeah, a lot to be said for the news media in all aspects. Ya know it's dark when the hot chick on NBC10 is leaving the sports department because they can't pay her anymore(she was actually pretty good), and some morning show douche on Fox29 is doing sports and says things such as, "Get on the cooch train!" Even though that's pretty funny.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Phillies in 5
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Phillies in 5

Not happening. This series is going longer than 5 games
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Nah, dude, the Daily News facked up here. That Red, Hot and Sexy thing is on the back cover of the paper. But, then again, I guess that's what happens when you have 7 days in between series.

UGH....again more a reflection on the sad state of journalism than ignorance though.

Yeah, a lot to be said for the news media in all aspects. Ya know it's dark when the hot chick on NBC10 is leaving the sports department because they can't pay her anymore(she was actually pretty good), and some morning show douche on Fox29 is doing sports and says things such as, "Get on the cooch train!" Even though that's pretty funny.

the blond is leaving nbc10? i can't remember her name. she was really hot.

where the hell is dorothy krysiuk these days?!

yeah...and watching channel 6 without gary papa is just horrendous. that keith russell dude is 100% AWFUL.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    It starts tomorrow! :D if there is a ton of Yankee fan's being assholes in OUR BUILDING at OUR SHOWS, and they don't expect some sort of backlash, they're nuts.

So I'm asking all Yankee fan's to please be respectful? I don't wanna kick anyone's teeth in this week! ;)

gonna be a Perfect Storm in South Philly
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    It starts tomorrow! :D if there is a ton of Yankee fan's being assholes in OUR BUILDING at OUR SHOWS, and they don't expect some sort of backlash, they're nuts.

So I'm asking all Yankee fan's to please be respectful? I don't wanna kick anyone's teeth in this week! ;)

Ahhhhhh.....the threats.

I will be there representing the Yanks and respectful (as I have been in Philly for 3+ years). All it takes is one clown to ruin your night though.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

Ahhhhhh.....the threats.

I will be there representing the Yanks and respectful (as I have been in Philly for 3+ years). All it takes is one clown to ruin your night though.

I wouldn't say it was a threat, you think?? Just asking for their best behavior.

Okay maybe a little :D
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

Ahhhhhh.....the threats.

Yeah, hopefully there won't be too much trash there tonight. I think Saturday will be the real interesting day.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    WHY is October such a crapshoot??? It's suppose to rain tomorrow. There's alllllllways somethin...

As phils fans we should be hoping for rain on wednesday...LOTS OF RAIN!! That way CC may only be able to throw twice in the series
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot to be said for the news media in all aspects. Ya know it's dark when the hot chick on NBC10 is leaving the sports department because they can't pay her anymore(she was actually pretty good), and some morning show douche on Fox29 is doing sports and says things such as, "Get on the cooch train!" Even though that's pretty funny.[/quote]

the blond is leaving nbc10? i can't remember her name. she was really hot.

where the hell is dorothy krysiuk these days?!

yeah...and watching channel 6 without gary papa is just horrendous. that keith russell dude is 100% AWFUL.[/quote]

Jade McCarthy...she's gone

I think the local news in general is a waste of time. Like I give a fuck if a kitten is stuck in a tree on 8th and Fairmount
  • Options
    quite possibly the most ignorant article i have ever read.

well done new york. well done. :roll:

the people interviewed certainly do not represent your city all that well. neither does the writer for that matter...at least i hope.[/quote]

It's the post dude, can't take it seriously.

Just stopped by the front page of philly.com and this is the main headline story is the following....

Live Chat: Red, hot and sexy
    Daily News reporter Stephanie Farr chats until 1 p.m. today about her contention that this Phillies team is the hottest - i.e. the best-looking - of all time. Post your questions NOW!

Looks like neither paper is representing their city well.[/quote]

thats only for the website.

but thats more a sad commentary on journalism in general as opposed to complete and utter ignorance and low class with a headline of "Their fans are second rate & so is their city." :roll:

it's a shame and it promotes some of the nonsensical comments i've seen from people on here...[/quote]

Agreed, its terrible but no one ever claimed the Post was classy.

I am a New Yorker living in Philly for 3 years now and while I prefer NYC and spend many weekends up there, I think Philadelphia is a great city. I also think that the Yankees fans that contribute regularly on this board are a great group of fans.[/quote]

totally agree, both cities are great in their own way. I love both places
  • Options
    arod.jpg

arodjetergrab.jpg

derekjeter1ea.jpg
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    arod.jpg

arodjetergrab.jpg

derekjeter1ea.jpg

Horrifying and funny all at the same time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg
  • Options
    The Phillies can YANK EEEES NUTZ!
  • Options
    The Phillies can YANK EEEES NUTZ!

ladies and gentlemen....his first post.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Last night was the shit!!!

Think this song sums up this thread and the atmosphere all week:

All my rivals will see what I have in store,... my gun
    I've been harboring fleets in this resevoir,... red sun...
    And this building is about to explode...

What a week we got fellas??

Phightin Phil's clap clap clap clap clap!!!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    booomm11 wrote:
    Last night was the shit!!!

Think this song sums up this thread and the atmosphere all week:

All my rivals will see what I have in store,... my gun
    I've been harboring fleets in this resevoir,... red sun...
    And this building is about to explode...

What a week we got fellas??

Phightin Phil's clap clap clap clap clap!!!

I figured he would have mentioned something about the World Series before going into that song.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    and now, i will breakdown this series for you:
    LINE UP:

RF. Advantage... World Champions. Werth is much better offensively and defensively than Swisher. Swisher is absolute garbage. Seems like a douche bag as well. I would like to punch him in the face.

CF. Advantage...World Champions. Victorino is better at the plate and in the field. Cabrera is pretty good though.

LF. Advantage...Push/maybe slight World Champs. Ibanez has better power numbers, Damon has better average, and OBP. Ibanez is a little better in the field--but defense is not either of their strong points. Plus Ibanez has not looked very good since mid June.

1B. Slight Advantage...World Champions. Texiera is the best defensive first baseman in the league, but Howard's power numbers trump him. Plus, the NLCS MVP has 9 more rbi's in the post season.

2B. Slight Advantage...World Champions. Defensively they are about even. Utley's 2 throwing errors last week were an aberration. He's a decent defensive 2nd basemen like Cano is. Offensively, Cano has a much better average, but 26 has better power numbers and an OBP about 40 points higher.

SS. Slight Advantage...Yankees. Defensively, Rollins is a much better player but he has had a below average offensively to say the least. Jeter doesnt have the power and run producing numbers that Rollins has, but he makes up for it in average and OBP.

3B. Advantage...Yankees. They actually have similiar fielding percentages. I was expecting Feliz's to be much higher but they are basically the same. Offensively, no question about it. However, sooner or later A-Fraud will realize it's October...hey oh

C. Slight Advantage Yankees. Chooch is having a stellar post season yet again. He's one of the best defensive catchers in the game. But Posada's offensive numbers are much better.

DH. Unfair Advantage...Yankees. Stupid rule. Stupid Japanese hitter who has not played in the field at all this year. F him and F the DH.

PITCHING:
    1. Push...maybe slight advantage Yankees. CC and Lee are pretty even. CC's numbers look better because Lee was on a bad team and got traded. Their post season numbers are insanely good though. Both of them. The Phils crushed CC last year more a result of the fans getting in his head than with him being overused. Him pitching at home is an advantage.

2. Push...maybe slight advantage Yankees. Burnett vs Pedro. You don't know which one of these guys is going to show up. I don't think Pedro can repeat what he did the other week. But if he gives us 5 or 6 decent innings, I will be pleased. Burnett is a punk. I would like to kick him in the nuts. He is good for at least one or two lengthy bad stretches during a game. Gotta take advantage.

3. Advantage...Yankees. Only because of Pettite's post season record and you don't know which Hamels will show up. Plus his fast ball was struggling to hit 90 last week. But, if he regains is MVP form from last year....look out Greg--you son of a bitch!

4. Advantage...Phillies. The Yanks are only going with a 3 man rotation I think. We might throw Blanton in Game 5 (match Lee with CC in game 4). I think our rotation is deeper.

Bullpen. Advantage...Yankees. Both pens looked great in the post season. Phil Hughes struggled a bit but so did Madsen. But the Yanks were more consistent during the season and you gotta go Rivera over Lidge based on this year's performance.

SO.......
    Offensively, in New York, its pretty much a push with a slight edge to the Yanks because of the stupid DH. If the Phils can split and retake home field....advantage, World Champions.

Defense. Clear Advantage...World Champions.
    Pitching. Advantage...Yankees.

The World Champions will clinch on New Yankee Stadium's field one week from today. I will see you Friday, November 6th at the parade.

GO PHILS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,507
    "overcome with Phillies fever" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Updated: October 28, 2009, 5:01 PM ET
    Lawyer: Woman scored online tix in past

PHILADELPHIA -- A lawyer for a Philadelphia woman charged with offering sex for World Series tickets says she is "a nice lady overcome with Phillies fever."

Lawyer William J. Brennan says Susan Finkelstein might have dropped double entendres in her Craigslist ad but never explicitly offered sex.

Brennan says the 43-year-old University of Pennsylvania graduate student wanted to take her husband to a game between her beloved Philadelphia Phillies and the New York Yankees.

Brennan says the self-described "buxom blonde" was trying to score tickets online, as she had in the past.

Finkelstein was arrested Tuesday after meeting at a suburban bar with an undercover police officer responding to the ad.

Brennan says he hopes to get the charges dismissed.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    how apt is this picture? Remember day games and Series that were over by now?

mlb_cliff_cc1_576.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!

World Series baseball is back where it belongs.
  • Options
    looks like a fucking delightful night.

ah, the boys of summer. :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Phuck Philly....

Yankees in 5.........

:thumbup:
  • Options
    1-0 :clap::clap::clap::clap:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Go phils.....I guess.

:shifty:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    let me jump out the setlist thread and say:

HELL, YEAH!!

Phils 4-0

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Cliff Lee has been a hell of a pick for the Phills, Damn where was Theo on this move.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Yankees were just overwhelmed by Lee,
    when balls start landing into your glove behind your back,
    obviously its a good night for you

Hats Off to Lee that guy was good.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    This has been beautiful. Lee makes it look so easy. I'm an Indians fan but a Yankee hater first and foremost.

Phuck the Yankee$!